Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Ibracadabra[9] - Davies has had a good start to the season' date=' although he hasn't had a lot of starting time. Seeing how much he's impressed, I expect him to do well for Sochaux and earn a rise.[/quote']

Thanks Philippe. :)

I just checked his stats and he played four games and scored two goals, both were against Bordeaux.

Jeez, Hammarby miss him.........big time. (Davies is currently Hammarby's joint top scorer with four goals - He only played nine games, while Emil Johansson played 19 games and he's a defender :eek:)

So, what rating are you expecting him to rise to?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FRENCH RATINGS All the stats from the top of Ligue 1 to the bottom of Ligue 2 First post contents 1. Preface 2. Announcements 3. Post Format 4. Ligue 1 Table and Teams (Links) 5. Ligue 1

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Here is a post from the French Offside on Lille, claiming them to be the best in France and actually capable of posing a serious threat to any team in Europe. So I decided to

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Yes. In my opinion he should be tried. He should have been a few years ago when he played for Le Mans' date=' in fact. But now more than ever. I base this on two things: 1.

What? APG is immensely skilled guy' date=' dribbles, scores long shots, bicycle kicks and free kicks and assist goals to others. No, I haven't heard of Roux going to Toulouse. In fact, you may be right: with Toulouse midfield, they could play with simple scoring forward, with good providing of balls to the box they only really need a guy who puts it in. At least they could do reasonably well with just that, but APG gives them a lot more with his individual heroism - he usually doesn't need any other players on his team to decide matches. The best French forward at the moment. I don't think Roux will ever be that.

However, I don't seriously know how good he can be, because I haven't really seen him playing, I rest my thoughts mainly on match reports and only some clips. And I highly recommend buying Roux. I'm quite positive his rating will go about 10 points up, we'll see later how much exactly. I've got him in all my teams already. And you know, Hoarau ended up being half star, even though he only broke through in [i']ligue 2[/i] when 24-year-old. Roux isn't but 21-year-old. It is well possible to him to make a big brak through in ligue 2 this season or the next and then go to ligue 1 to a reasonably big club in need of a scorer.

At the moment he is, but don't tell me he was all that when he transferred over. I watched him a lot at Lorient, and he always struck me as a big awkward type of striker. If Roux transfers to Toulouse, or for that matter to any other club known for developping strikers, then he can add other dimensions to his game, like APG did.

At the moment he is' date=' but don't tell me he was all that when he transferred over. I watched him a lot at Lorient, and he always struck me as a big awkward type of striker. If Roux transfers to Toulouse, or for that matter to any other club known for developping strikers, then he can add other dimensions to his game, like APG did.[/quote']

I just can't agree with you. Already in Lorient Dédé showed a lot more than just being big in the box. Of course he was, and still is a big, physically strong player, but aside of that he already then, in Lorient, fooled defenders and scored long shots. To refresh your memory, here's a link to highlights of his famous first game in L1.

Don't tell me that he's just awkwardly clumsy big fellow standing in front of goal poking balls to the net. Sure, he didn't do amazing lot of dribbling and wasn't the most agile attacker of ligue 1, he still perhaps isn't, but he was fast, agile enough, able keep the ball and to go past the defenders with it and he surely knew how to shoot: was it a slow ball over the keeper or a cannon from 20 meters, I liked very much the way he launched the ball, even then.

Here's another one with all his goals for Lorient in his first season in L1.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/gignac+lorient/video/x2a329_gignac-compile_sport

And you must remember that he did more than scored goals.

Is Yannis Tafer to be kept hold of or sold' date=' for the moment?[/quote']

He still hasn't played a minute this season and it seems that the other kid Belfodil is preferred to him (3 subs so far this season). Still, he plays for les éspoirs and values almost nothing in SM currently, so I wouldn't sell him. If you desperately need that little money now, sell him or change him to someone else who will rise better in next changes.

Phillipe how you reckon Granddi N'goyi will get on in the rating changes?. played few games came of the bench a couple of times.:D

He's likely for a rise by just two. With Rothen out of the way' date=' N'Goyi will be getting a lot of these sub appearances, all of which are chances for him to impress Kombouare and get more game time out of.

I was wandering if Ruffier could hit 88 next changes for monaco. Or is he a long term prospect?

He's a definite riser, as he is currently Monaco's primary keeper.

I want to just remind everyone that every time stats are updated (every week or two, but most often every week), I look over my predictions and make adjustments where appropriate, so it can save some time by just clicking on the link to the team of a player in question and looking there as opposed to having to wait for replies (of course, it's all understandable if you just want an explanation or advice). :)

I just can't agree with you. Already in Lorient Dédé showed a lot more than just being big in the box. Of course he was' date=' and still is a big, physically strong player, but aside of that he already then, in Lorient, fooled defenders and scored long shots. To refresh your memory, here's a link to highlights of his famous first game in L1.

[url']

[/url]

Don't tell me that he's just awkwardly clumsy big fellow standing in front of goal poking balls to the net. Sure, he didn't do amazing lot of dribbling and wasn't the most agile attacker of ligue 1, he still perhaps isn't, but he was fast, agile enough, able keep the ball and to go past the defenders with it and he surely knew how to shoot: was it a slow ball over the keeper or a cannon from 20 meters, I liked very much the way he launched the ball, even then.

Here's another one with all his goals for Lorient in his first season in L1.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/gignac+lorient/video/x2a329_gignac-compile_sport

And you must remember that he did more than scored goals.

I don't need a video of that first game, I was watching it live on TV5. I didn't judge him from the goals or the highlights. I remember him looking very clumsy in the next few games as well. I was actually disappointed, because after the first game, I bought him for all my SM teams at 73 :D Great buy that was.

I had no choice to follow the French league that year, it was the only one I had access too other then Spain, so I watched France on Saturday and Spain Sunday. I always would try to follow Lorient because of Gignac. I remember more then the highlights.

I don't need a video of that first game' date=' I was watching it live on TV5. I didn't judge him from the goals or the highlights. I remember him looking very clumsy in the next few games as well. I was actually disappointed, because after the first game, I bought him for all my SM teams at 73 :D Great buy that was.

I had no choice to follow the French league that year, it was the only one I had access too other then Spain, so I watched France on Saturday and Spain Sunday. I always would try to follow Lorient because of Gignac. I remember more then the highlights.[/quote']

Ok. But then you should know and remember it even better, that his performances speak of something else that being just big, awkward striker. You were at least exaggerating, he was never awkward. He was no Crouch, he played greatly outside the box too. At minimum, you must admit, that he was a good complete athlete with great shot. That already is not awkward.

Anyway, I don't really know about Roux. He could be like Gignac, of course, haven't seen a match. But at least he isn't giving free kicks and has scored all his goals for Brest close to net from a cross (usually a free kick or a corner). I don't know about how he scored in CFA or youth leagues.

Can anybody fill me in on Yoann Andreu of Saint-Etienne who is 80 rated? i see hes played in every game so far even if they are subs or starts with getting subbed. Is he now a regular and a good buy? or is he jus filling in for somebody injured. If hes a starter would he rise and if so what to.

Can anybody fill me in on Yoann Andreu of Saint-Etienne who is 80 rated? i see hes played in every game so far even if they are subs or starts with getting subbed. Is he now a regular and a good buy? or is he jus filling in for somebody injured. If hes a starter would he rise and if so what to.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=50297

Here you go.

can anyone give me predictions for capoue' date='matuidi and moussa sissoko[/quote']

M.Sissoko 86 --> 86/7 - Played every game so far for Toulouse scoring one but they arent doing so well yet, if Toulouse can recreate last seasons form he should grab 87 or maybe 88.

Capoue 86 --> 86/87 - Same as Sissoko played every game plays well but is prone to drifting out a game and with Toulouse not doing that well atm his chances of rising are 50/50

Matuidi 88 --> 88 - Again played every game but Saint Ettiene seemed to not be the same side they used to be another poor start if it carries on he will drop can't see a rise yet TBH

hope that helps ya ;)

Will Alban Joinel' date=' currently 74 GK of Lorient see a rise this season ?

same goes for:

Geoffrey ADJET Tours FC 73

Steven JOSEPH-MONROSE RC Lens 74

Tripy MAKONDA PSG 75

Yannick SAGBO Monaco 74

Thibaut BOURGEOIS FC Metz 74

Cheers boys[/quote']

ive made a thread about makonda. i think he will get a rise around 80 to 82 even though he hasnt featured this season

about bourgeois ive started a thread about him and he should be in for a nice rise

dont know much about the rest

http://www.ligue1.com/selections/EquipeFrance/lireArticle.asp?origine=RSS&idArticle=13990

The French Football Federation (FFF) have confirmed national team coach Raymond Domenech will keep his job regardless of the result of Wednesday's make-or-break World Cup qualifier in Serbia.

France's hopes of qualifying automatically for next summer's finals in South Africa took a major blow when they were held to a 1-1 draw by Romania on Saturday, meaning they head to Belgrade four points behind the Serbs, who currently lead Group 7.

Despite Domenech's side leaving the Stade de France pitch to boos after the final whistle against Romania, FFF President Jean-Pierre Escalettes insisted the under-fire coach would remain in place "whatever happens in Serbia".

"I repeat 'yes, yes, yes' - I have to say it three times because the federal council has given him the mission to qualify for the finals," said Escalettes. "I repeat that even if we qualify via the play-offs, it's Raymond Domenech's mission. He must go through with it and he will go through with it."

Oh great... :rolleyes:

Edit: Just as I finished posting...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211701/Former-Arsenal-striker-Thierry-Henry-slams-boring-coach-Raymond-Domenech-Les-Bleus-face-World-Cup-axe.html?ITO=1490

Thierry Henry has launched a scathing attack on embattled France coach Raymond Domenech as the 1998 World Cup winners face the prospect of failing to qualify for next year's finals in South Africa.

The former Arsenal striker was on target for Les Bleus in Paris at the weekend but his opening goal was cancelled out as Romania snatched an unlikely draw to leave France in a potential group seven peril.

On the eve of their must-win qualifier against group leaders Serbia in Belgrade on Wednesday night, the Barcelona star has reportedly slammed the under-fire French boss, labelling his coaching methods 'boring' and complaining that his team-mates feel 'lost'.

'Coach, we have something to tell you. I am speaking in the name of the squad. We are getting bored during your training sessions,' Henry told Domenech, according to French daily Le Parisien.

'In 12 years with the French team, I have never been in such a situation.

'We do not know how to play, where to be on the pitch, how to organise. We do not know what to do. We have no style, no guidelines. It is not working,' added France's all-time top scorer with 49 goals from 112 caps.

It is not the first time Domenech, the former French Under-21 boss who succeeded Jacques Santini in 2004, has come under intense scrutiny.

Following France's dismalshowing at Euro 2008 in which they crashed out at the group stage, the 57-year-old rejected calls to quit his position - despite announcing he would resign should France fail to reach the last eight - opting to stun journalists with an oddly-timed marriage proposal to his companion during a press conference.

The French FA, however, are yet to comment on Henry, the national team captain's alleged comments.