Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Lucho put about a milion chances wide against Milan! :D

Still' date=' I thinks he's adapting well and should kepp his 93 rating. Cheyrou could be in for a rise IMO. Niang is immense! :P[/quote']

Cheyrou is by many thought to be the best player in his position in ligue 1. He has been top for many years and it's a common question why hasn't he been chosen to l'EDF. Would he have been selected, he could already be rated 90-91. It's shame he hasn't been given a chance, he could have had a good career in National team. Anyway, he could still see a rise, now it seems more likely to get a 90 in Marseille. I mean, if anybody, it's him who should get the rise.

Cheyrou is by many thought to be the best player in his position in ligue 1. He has been top for many years and it's a common question why hasn't he been chosen to l'EDF. Would he have been selected' date=' he could already be rated 90-91. It's shame he hasn't been given a chance, he could have had a good career in National team. Anyway, he could still see a rise, now it seems more likely to get a 90 in Marseille. I mean, if anybody, it's him who should get the rise.[/quote']

Ben Arfa is waiting to explode. Everyone knows that he's got the potential, but when will it come to fruition? :confused:

Ben Arfa is waiting to explode. Everyone knows that he's got the potential' date=' but when will it come to fruition? :confused:[/quote']

Waiting yes, but should he get a rise to 90 now, Cheyrou should go to 91 at least. At moment, we still wait for Ben Arfa to become a man.

Anywhere online i can watch PSG-Lyon' date=' i've had a little flutter on it :o[/quote']

Hope you saw it too.PSG should have won. Lyon's defense was weak and PSG created loads of scoring chances, only a miraculous game by Lloris and referees out of their minds saved Lyon. Lloris made some half dozen parade saves and in the end Gomis scored a clear offside goal to tie the game. Another strange call was free kick in the other end just before the goal - a clear dive by Luyindula resulted as a free kick for PSG and yellow card to Bodmer, who was hardly even close to Luyindula.

Who will be the first manager to get sacked in ligue 1 this season???

....my guess: Rudi Garcia. Lille has a horrible start in the season, team full of problems, nothing works, though most of the last season's great players have stayed. And now... team icon Cabaye is taking it quite badly and one can question if Garcia has handled his case properly.

Few season's now Cabaye has been the savior of the team, always a brave and intelligent player, playing well for the team 'til the last minute. Well... team's problems have been culminating in benching of Cabaye, who then, important European match coming, was angered by Garcia's decision to make him train with the replacement squad instead of the first squad. He chose not to train at all, not very professional, but that wasn't wise from Garcia either, as there's no need to humiliate the team's stars like that when team is already haveing tough times.

This resulted a clash between player and manager: Cabaye was taken out of whole squad, he wasn't even on the bench against Valencia. After that match Cabaye returned to training and was taken back in the squad by Garcia, but in northern derby agains Lens he was again on the bench. When he finally entered at 72 minutes, Lille being one goal behind Lens, he seemingly wasn't too happy with Garcia's decisions and decided to go off the field as fast as possible: he stayed only 43 seconds on the pitch before being sent off for a harsh tackle straight to Sow's legs. Pretty clearly he wasn't really even trying to play the ball. Everybody must feel sorry for Sow because of this, probably Cabaye as well, poor player being only means to Cabaye's protest.... fortunately Cabaye didn't make a really dangerous tackle, only a very unclean one, and Sow wasn't injured.

Anyway, Rami, another player who had problems in Lille, tied game at 94 minutes and it ended 1-1. Cabaye won't play next match and probably gets few matches ban. In long run it's probably either him or Garcia out. Seen that Lille is doing all over badly, my guess is Garcia. Cabaye will probably get a transfer at some point as well, but he isn't Garcia's only problem and no transfer will save Garcia. Lille should be fighting for a place in top four, not against relegation.

Who will be the first manager to get sacked in ligue 1 this season???

....my guess: Rudi Garcia. Lille has a horrible start in the season' date=' team full of problems, nothing works, though most of the last season's great players have stayed. And now... team icon Cabaye is taking it quite badly and one can question if Garcia has handled his case properly.

Few season's now Cabaye has been the savior of the team, always a brave and intelligent player, playing well for the team 'til the last minute. Well... team's problems have been culminating in benching of Cabaye, who then, important European match coming, was angered by Garcia's decision to make him train with the replacement squad instead of the first squad. He chose not to train at all, not very professional, but that wasn't wise from Garcia either, as there's no need to humiliate the team's stars like that when team is already haveing tough times.

This resulted a clash between player and manager: Cabaye was taken out of whole squad, he wasn't even on the bench against Valencia. After that match Cabaye returned to training and was taken back in the squad by Garcia, but in northern derby agains Lens he was again on the bench. When he finally entered at 72 minutes, Lille being one goal behind Lens, he seemingly wasn't too happy with Garcia's decisions and decided to go off the field as fast as possible: he stayed only 43 seconds on the pitch before being sent off for a harsh tackle straight to Sow's legs. Pretty clearly he wasn't really even trying to play the ball. Everybody must feel sorry for Sow because of this, probably Cabaye as well, poor player being only means to Cabaye's protest.... fortunately Cabaye didn't make a really dangerous tackle, only a very unclean one, and Sow wasn't injured.

Anyway, Rami, another player who had problems in Lille, tied game at 94 minutes and it ended 1-1. Cabaye won't play next match and probably gets few matches ban. In long run it's probably either him or Garcia out. Seen that Lille is doing all over badly, my guess is Garcia. Cabaye will probably get a transfer at some point as well, but he isn't Garcia's only problem and no transfer will save Garcia. Lille should be fighting for a place in top four, not against relegation.[/quote']

What a soap opera. First, they sack Garcia in the summer, only to take him back immediately. Now, they're disintegrating thanks to the same man.

It's ridiculous how he has treated Cabaye. Considering they lost such an important player in Bastos over the summer, you'd think the last thing the manager'd do would be to bench the star players. Now that the effect of Garcia's mismanagement has obviously spilled over to the field, it's clear and simple what decision the Board must take next.

Who would prove to be an able replacement, in your opinion?

What a soap opera. First' date=' they sack Garcia in the summer, only to take him back immediately. Now, they're disintegrating thanks to the same man.

It's ridiculous how he has treated Cabaye. Considering they lost such an important player in Bastos over the summer, you'd think the last thing the manager'd do would be to bench the star players. Now that the effect of Garcia's mismanagement has obviously spilled over to the field, it's clear and simple what decision the Board must take next.

Who would prove to be an able replacement, in your opinion?[/quote']

I haven't not given a single thought on who should manage Lille, tbh. Anyway, Cabaye hasn't perhaps shown the most of maturity lately, especially leaving his team to trouble with the red card he apparently asked for wasn't really the best of things to do, but yeah, I just can see so much reason for him to react like that. And I agree, firing and then hiring back is not very consistent way to deal with managers. It also makes you wonder if they are able to do these kind of decision, i.e. to fire Garcia for good before it's too late.

So, now that I pay a thought on future LOSC manager, before the old one is even fired or anything signaling that it would happen has been said, I think the best of the managers are currently hired in National Teams all over world... although, to my knowledge, Jean Tigana is not hired anywhere and he is a great manager, especially great with young players, and Lille having lots of young talent, Tigana could be just the guy to handle the team right. I might have a bias for 84 European champion midfielders, but Alain Giresse is another manager that I like very much. He currently is doing good job with Gabon. Third name that comes to my mind is obviously Elie Baup, who currently is thought to be going to Nice though. This also implies me probably being wrong and Olle-Nicolle being first to get fired. Santini is also free, isn't he? Anyway, I would prefer either of the first two mentioned.

It would maybe not be fair to blame only Garcia for what is happening in Lille. Players want to bigger clubs, there's a lot of pressure to keep a good team together, and meanwhile other teams are bidding for them, so there's a pressure to let them leave. Meanwhile they try to build a team that could fight in Europe, Lille really is trying to become one of the bigger clubs in France. But in that kind of situation, the best thing of course is to discuss with the players, likes of Cabaye, Obraniakand Rami, and show them how everybody benefits, if they do their best for the club, because that way they in fact still would form a team that can compete with those that are trying to get them, and they would meanwhile will attract even bigger clubs even more. But to do that you should then give them very big roles in the club. Cabaye is arguably the best player in LOSC, so in order to successfully use him for one more season and then selling him for good money, Garcia should have given him just the biggest role possible and let him shine. That includes not substituting him, if he doesn't shine in every game, because that doesn't encourage a guy who wants a transfer in first place.

Gervinho's doing well for Lille. How long do we think it'll be before he's at a masssive club?

Well, he's not doing massively well. Mostly a sub player so far and an inarguable disappointment. Add to this the fact that he just arrived and that it is likely that plenty of LOSC's best players (Cabaye, Rami and Obraniak at least) are leaving during next two mercato's, and I'd say that it's quite unlikely that Gervinho moves to anywhere before next season. It is more likely that he will stay and cement his place in first XI when Obraniak and Hazard leave to bigger clubs.

Well' date=' he's not doing massively well. Mostly a sub player so far and an inarguable disappointment. Add to this the fact that he just arrived and that it is likely that plenty of LOSC's best players (Cabaye, Rami and Obraniak at least) are leaving during next two mercato's, and I'd say that it's quite unlikely that Gervinho moves to anywhere before next season. It is more likely that he will stay and cement his place in first XI when Obraniak and Hazard leave to bigger clubs.[/quote']

I was going via his goal in Europe tbh! :P

It would maybe not be fair to blame only Garcia for what is happening in Lille. Players want to bigger clubs' date=' there's a lot of pressure to keep a good team together, and meanwhile other teams are bidding for them, so there's a pressure to let them leave. Meanwhile they try to build a team that could fight in Europe, Lille really is trying to become one of the bigger clubs in France. But in that kind of situation, the best thing of course is to discuss with the players, likes of Cabaye, Obraniakand Rami, and show them how everybody benefits, if they do their best for the club, because that way they in fact still would form a team that can compete with those that are trying to get them, and they would meanwhile will attract even bigger clubs even more. But to do that you should then give them very big roles in the club. Cabaye is arguably the best player in LOSC, so in order to successfully use him for one more season and then selling him for good money, Garcia should have given him just the biggest role possible and let him shine. That includes not substituting him, if he doesn't shine in every game, because that doesn't encourage a guy who wants a transfer in first place.[/quote']

Ah, didn't see your edit till now. You're quite right. An ambitious team like Lille should be looking to build upon their superb finish last season, instead of resting on their laurels. Alienating the star men in the team is hardly the way to go about it.

By the way, wasn't Cabaye allegedly courted by Roma as a replacement for Aquilani?

In a GC i can sign Igor Lolo for just under 3 mill. Tbh, i dont have a clue about this bloke so i thought i would ask your opinions on him. Just basics really - is he playing regularly for Monaco? - Will he rise/fall/stay the same? - etc, etc.

Thanks in advance lads. :)

Does anyone have an answer?

Well, what it comes to Cheyrou, I think 90 is quite likely, considering that OM ratings average has become higher and he wouldn't be their best rated player at 90.

Giuly could keep his 91. It's high in PSG, but on the other hand PSG is doing quite well for second year in row and Giuly is no doubt in important role. Few think he is their best player though and with that rating he is their highest rated player. So, it depends.... if SM considers that PSG's best players, like Sessegnon, Hoarau, Clement, Armand and Sakho deserve rises for PSG's rising form, then there's no reason why Giuly couldn't keep his. This would be slightly inconsistent though, if TFC, LOSC and especially Rennes (two seasons quite as high as PSG) players aren't going to 90-91, which I doubt. So, it can arrive that Giuly loses his rating and goes to more modest 90 in these changes. This wouldn't exclude a rise back to 91 at spring though or next season, seen that PSG would fight for the European places again.

In a GC i can sign Igor Lolo for just under 3 mill. Tbh' date=' i dont have a clue about this bloke so i thought i would ask your opinions on him. Just basics really - is he playing regularly for Monaco? - Will he rise/fall/stay the same? - etc, etc.

Thanks in advance lads. :)[/quote']

A replacement player in Monaco. I wouldn't buy.

By the way' date=' wasn't Cabaye allegedly courted by Roma as a replacement for Aquilani?[/quote']

This rumor exists in internet and it is referred to "French sources" but it's yet to reveal who are the French sources, because at least I've not read this from any French magazine. So, I don't know.

More consideration on the clash in Lille. Cabaye himself said, that he wants to move on, but should he has to stay, he will play the best he can for whole season. I think this is pretty ideal situation to give him the biggest role possible, and very bad situation to punish him by excluding him from the team. Reason to Garcia's earlier firing was most probably exactly his lack of personal skills, i.e. he didn't do well with the teams important core players. Main examples are Tafforeau, Fauvergue and Malicki, who all have left the club now. One has to remember, that starting last season they were still core players for LOSC. It seems that Garcia doesn't do so well with Cabaye either. Anyway, why he stayed was probably that he had another year to his contract and seen that he had no will to leave the club and he had made good results (Lille was fourth or fifth in the ligue 1), there was probably not enough reason to a legal unilateral ending of his contract. If Lille stumbles more, Garcia will lose his only weapon, success, and will probably go.

Well' date=' what it comes to Cheyrou, I think 90 is quite likely, considering that OM ratings average has become higher and he wouldn't be their best rated player at 90.

Giuly could keep his 91. It's high in PSG, but on the other hand PSG is doing quite well for second year in row and Giuly is no doubt in important role. Few think he is their best player though and with that rating he is their highest rated player. So, it depends.... if SM considers that PSG's best players, like Sessegnon, Hoarau, Clement, Armand and Sakho deserve rises for PSG's rising form, then there's no reason why Giuly couldn't keep his. This would be slightly inconsistent though, if TFC, LOSC and especially Rennes (two seasons quite as high as PSG) players aren't going to 90-91, which I doubt. So, it can arrive that Giuly loses his rating and goes to more modest 90 in these changes. This wouldn't exclude a rise back to 91 at spring though or next season, seen that PSG would fight for the European places again.[/quote']

Thanks Didi. What's your opinion on Wendel? What are his chances of a rise?

Thanks Didi. What's your opinion on Wendel? What are his chances of a rise?

To regain the 91 he just lost last spring? Well, basically, the question is, why should he get the rise? Of course, there are some things to support a rise: he is back in starting XI and has won the ligue 1, so it is not completely out of question. Bordeaux average is rising, he could rise with it. But he hasn't repeated his amazing form of 07-08, which was the reason why he got the rise to 91 in first place. Currently he is no doubt a core player for Bordeaux, but far from being amongst the most important players, those are Diarra, Chalmé, Tremoulinas, Gourcuff and Chamakh, add Carasso and Planus in the row. Wendel starts on midfield constantly, unlike Fernando, Plasil and Gouffran who share duties on right flank, but still he isn't as important part of squad as likes of Chamakh and Carasso. Performances count, and in my opinion this doesn't give a reason to rise Wendels rating that is already higher than Chalmé's, Carasso's and Chamakh's. Tremoulinas is an exception, because he comes from so low at the moment, but eventually he should get rated higher than Wendel if things continue the way they are now.

I may be wrong, of course. Wendel could get back to 91. But in my opinion that should imply very high rises all over the Bordeaux' squad. This, in fact, could happen, if they're in top of the ligue 1 next spring too and continue their good performances in Europe. Probably not already in next changes, though.

Thanks again Didi' date=' very helpful indeed. I have one more question regarding a France-based winger. What will happen with Sidney Govou, he was out for a long time and now isn't a regular.

Do you think he will drop 1?[/quote']

This is tough one. He played well after his injury in the end of last season and still kept on getting to l'EDF, and supposedly will be selected against Faroes again. He also starts for Lyon regularly, even if it might not seem to be so. So far in ligue 1 he has started only 3 out of 6 played in 4 subs counted. Also he played most of the match against Fiorentina, although as a replacement for injured Bastos.

Worth noting is, that Govou's low playing time is due to small injuries he has suffered. He was named the captain of OL and so you can suppose him to be back in starting XI when he is full fit - which is, to my knowledge, now. He started against PSG again, but wasn't too good and was substituted for Pjanic. I'd still suppose that he'll start most of the matches. They'll probably play Govou - Lisandro - Bastos in attack.

So, Govou could keep his rating, seen that Lyon perform well (coleading ligue 1 currently and winning first match in CL let you suppose they will, although their game hasn't been too great and they owe a lot of their points to Lloris alone). But I don't promise that he won't drop.... there's still time before the changes, should he play very well, there would be no reason to drop him - captaining the team is an achievement that can compensate the injuries. Should he go on as lately, then probably 91 is too high for him.

Don't know really, I have him in one of my teams, bought for cheap when he suffered a long injury and haven't yet decided to sell him.

LIGUE 1 WEEK 6 REVIEW

Boulogne 0-2 Bordeaux

After 4 games without a loss in Ligue 1, Boulogne were battered by the reigning champs. Not much to say about them. Lachor actually gave away the second goal, deflecting Gourcuff’s free-kick with his head into his own goal. Dembele got to start this time, at the cost of Borne sitting out the game. As usual, Toure and Cuvillier started. On the Bordeaux half of the pitch, Blanc played it quite close to chest, starting without a number of first team players. A 4-2-3-1 was adopted, with Cavenaghi leading the attack. Gouffran took up Plasil’s spot on the right, Jussie took up Wendel’s, and Bellion played between them a Gourcuff role. Even Tremoulinas, Planus (injured), and Carrasso (injured) didn’t start, being filled in for by Placente, Henrique/Ciani, and Rame. Bellion was the player of the game, assisting Gouffran’s header from a well-directed corner kick.

Grenoble 0-4 Rennes

Talk about rubbing the loser’s face in the dirt. :P Grenoble were as flimsy as usual. Paillot was taken off in the fifth minute due to an injury. Feghouli also was removed from play in the first half. Another injury. Surprise. No Tadic – he was injured beforehand. Matsui, too, was a no-no. Rennes, on the contrary, had all their players out, guns a’blazing. Gyan led the attack in front of Leroy, who was flanked by Marveaux to the left and Bangoura right. Lemoine and Inamoto trailed behind. The usual defense showed up. Fanni sent a quick, low cross to Gyan for the opener. Bangoura’s shot rebounded off Viviani, and Marveaux tied it up. Mangane did the same, knocking in Bocanegra’s rebound. A cheaply given penalty allowed the fourth and final goal from Gyan. The squad selected was a good one. If these guys can keep it together and not falter or give in to the wear and tear of the season, Rennes will definitely pose a dangerous threat in the title race.

Lorient 3-1 Nancy

Fair win to a team that deserved it. Lorient stuck to the usual 4-4-2, but Diarra started on the left instead Monterrubio. That sure worked out. Vahirua’s high, seemingly aimless cross was converted by Diarra to open the scoring. Nancy had a number of defenders around Gameiro, but a lack of pressure let him slide in a fine finish. Monterrubio took a literally last-minute penalty to add to his record this season. Nancy only scored through a combination of an opportunistic shot from Alo’o Efoulou and unenthusiastic defending from Lorient. The team in general was heavily lack-luster. L’Equipe rated the players at a bitter average of just 3.6. In the defense, Sami, Loties, and Macaluso were poor. N’Diaye was just as bad. Not good, considering that he’s trying to earn a starting spot. Bakar, who recently was doing very well at Monaco, failed to meet expectations. Hadji was perhaps Nancy’s only glimmer of hope, getting a relatively “high” rating of 5. Not good at all.

Nice 1-3 Monaco

Noooooooooo. :( Nice had much more favorable statistics, but just couldn’t win it. Mounier and Ben Saada flanked Remy in the attack, while, Hellebuyck, Fae, and Echouafni comprised the midfield. There is a bit of a bright side, at least. The only goal for Nice came from Remy, who scored from Mounier’s cross. As for Monaco, Alonso and Nene again were on the wings, with newcomer Coutadeur and Costa in the center. Park partnered Gudjohnsen in the attack. Nimani sat this one out. It looks like Pino’s going to have to fight his way back into favor now. A penalty was given for some typically gruesome defending, and Nene converted it. Alonso’s powerful, driven shot, made it 2-0, and the winger got the brace when he nodded in Park’s brilliant on-the-fly cross.

Saint-Etienne 1-1 Auxerre

Alain Perrin had Sanogo and Bergessio lead the attack this time, with Payet and Fernandez on the wings. Riviere came on for Fernandez, and Mirallas for Bergessio. Relatively young line-up. As far as L’Equipe’s ratings go, though, it wasn’t a great game for any of the youngsters (Payet almost scored from a header, though). Sanogo and Bergessio were the stars. The latter was set up by the former for Les Vert’s only goal, flicking the ball to the unmarked striker. Auxerre again had Jelen back, but the Polish striker is yet to get his flair back. Contout consequently sat this one out. Substitutes Niculae and Lejeune ended up saving Auxerre from another loss. Niculae’s long cross met Lejeune at the back post for a powerful, unblockable header.

Sochaux 2-5 Valenciennes

Jeez. Not only did Valenciennes win away to Sochaux for the first time in three decades, but they did it in dazzling fashion. Only three minutes passed when Brechet put Sochaux ahead with a volley. Valencienne’s Sanchez Moreno responded with a screamer. Boudebouz’s turn – from even further out, no one caught his free-kick and it floated right in. Valenciennes kicked it up several notches at half-time. Pujol scored from Audel’s cross, Audel nutmegged N’Dy Assembe during a breakaway, some fumbly defending let Ben Kalfallah slide it in the bottom corner, then Pujol finished his brace from another cross. Just to top it off, Sverkos saw a straight red in the 83rd. On the bright side, Boudebouz, Martin, and Davies got to start, and Privat subbed on. No sign of Nogueira, though.

Marseille 4-2 Montpellier

Another demolition! Bad defending let Niang set up Lucho Gonzalez for a goal. Niang then scored a typical Niang goal, zigging and zagging through the defense, picking off defenders one by one, and finishing flawlessly. Man of the match-worthy performance. ;) More bad defending nonetheless. Gets worse when Cisse breaks away from a through pass and scores his first for L’OM. Diawara then scored from a corner situation to make it 4-0. Marseille’s defense, meanwhile, was completely impermeable to Montpellier. Only after L’OM were up by four did Belhanda score (it was a good goal, though, and he had an alright game despite the circumstances) and Camara convert a penalty. Ait-Fana didn’t play, but he did come on early in the second half. Same for Ben Arfa for Marseille.

Lens 1-1 Lille

Lens scored through Boukari’s header, his third of the season. I believe he’s the only youngster/prospect who featured for Lens. What a boring team. :P Lille equalized through Rami, who moved up to head the ball way over Runje but still under the goal, at 93 minutes. Ligue 1 sure likes to throw these late goals out. :o Hazard wasn’t among the starting forwards (those being Aubameyang, Frau, and Gervinho), but he subbed on for Frau. Cabaye also came on only as a sub, but humorously got a red card a minute later. :P Emerson didn’t play, having Beria play in his place.

Toulouse 2-0 Le Mans

Comfortable win for TFC, despite their injury-induced impediments. Fofana, M’Bengue, Cetto, and Ebondo were all unavailable, leaving Congre as the only first-team defender starting in the back. Capoue had to move back to partner Nounkeu, and Tabanou played on the left. Machado and Didot switched roles, the former taking up a central role and the latter playing wide. Berson played in Capoue’s DM spot. Braaten, Sissokho, and Gignac stayed where they usually were. An amazing piece of teamwork ended in Gignac assisting Didot. The second goal came from Sissokho, of course. This guy’s gonna be huge this season. I hope I’m not jinxing him by saying that. I think Ovono wasn’t bad. He did get scored on, but he made a few intermediate saves that’ll keep him in the first team. Good for my SM teams in any case. Corchia wasn’t splendid, but Goulon was sturdy. Le Tallec and Maiga were somewhat of a threat to Toulouse, but they handled things well, mostly due to the presence of Pele as keeper. Louvion had a bad game, as did Loriot. Too many youngsters here. :P

PSG 1-1 Lyon

Not a surprising scoreline under the circumstances. Looking at all the players’ ratings, I wish I could have watched the whole game (stupid internet!). Both teams had a number of 6’s and 7’s something not very frequent this week. The only “bad” player for PSG was Makelele, according to L’Equipe, and Delgado and Kallstrom for Lyon. The first goal came from Giuly, who, just inches onside, deflected a shot enough to fool Lloris. The controversy continued when Gomis scored from an evidently offside position. No idea what the linesman was watching. Oh well. On to the prospects. Sakho, typically, had a good game. No Erding. Sankhare subbed on at the last few moments. For Lyon, Lloris was rated a relatively god-like 9 by L’Equipe. Cissokho did well, too. Pjanic and Ederson both played as subs only.

Summary

Agh! Too many goals! This week was the highest scoring week in Ligue 1 since 2007-08, when one week yielded over 40 goals. This week, we saw a total of 33 goals scored, 4 of which were from the penalty spot. Wayyyy too many good goals, too…

Check out this bit of lovely play by Gignac and Didot (0:00)… Sissokho’s goal follows later (1:17)

u4YHvNzwUA8

I present to you the defender’s perfect nightmare – Mamadou Niang (1:34). Belhanda’s goal (4:15) deserves good credit, too, considering his little experience with top-tier football.

8mvVsutLCjc

The Sochaux - Valenciennes game yielded many goals, such as Sanchez’s long-range goal (1:55) and Audel’s nutmeg-goal (4:50):

PqeYyqXutM0

Among the other talented goals were Alonso’s pair of goals, Gyan’s goal (interesting in the fact that it came 19 seconds into the game), Brechet’s volley for Sochaux, and the one Bergessio bagged for Les Verts.

First: Thanks for the reports Philippe.

But some comments :

If these guys can keep it together and not falter or give in to the wear and tear of the season' date=' Rennes will definitely pose a dangerous threat in the title race.

[/quote']

Don't you think you're exaggerating a bit? :rolleyes:

For Lyon, Lloris was rated a relatively god-like 9 by L’Equipe.

This is a super rare rating in France, never seen before in fact, but then again I don't follow L'Equipe's more relaxed style ratings much. Even France Football, one that is the tighter and one that I follow more, gave Lloris 8. Note, that best Gourcuff has got from them so far this season is 7 and I think this was only the second 8 of whole season. First was Costa, and I don't know how he earned him because I didn't see it. Lloris I saw and he was spectacular. Two players to mention from PSG were Hoarau and Chantôme, who posed the biggest threat to Lloris. Lloris saved many certain-to-go-in efforts by Hoarau, plus Chantôme's dangerous free kicks. Giuly scored the goal for PSG and as mentioned before, Gomis tied from what should have been called an offside.

Oh, about ratings... from France Football the Lyon player's got more normal 4-5 ratings and I agree that especially Govou, Delgado, Källström and Lisandro did not play on a very high level, if they were not exactly bad. Defense was just okay, but when you think about how many times Lloris had to save them when it already looked like PSG was scoring, you can't say that the defense part of OL was amazing either. They weren't bad though, PSG just played very well in attack, unlike Lyon. Toulalan was defense wise good, as usually, though not as good as usually. Pjanic and Gomis were perhaps the best in OL's attack. They miss Bastos surprisingly much.