Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Hello you bunch of Frenchies :D:P

Iv searched the thread and nothing has been said on him for a while now.

Whats the crack with Haruna of Monaco ? I know you said he is a very talented player, but he did have a shocker on his debut according to numberous reports iv read.

Whats his stats like for this season ? is he in for a rise ? and does he play at any level for his national team

Hello you bunch of Frenchies :D:P

Iv searched the thread and nothing has been said on him for a while now.

Whats the crack with Haruna of Monaco ? I know you said he is a very talented player' date=' but he did have a shocker on his debut according to numberous reports iv read.

Whats his stats like for this season ? is he in for a rise ? and does he play at any level for his national team[/quote']

He's at the U20 World Cup right now, is all I can say ATM.

Haruna has been partly away because of playing for youth national team, but in fact, even when at Monaco, he has played practically not at all, I think about 4 minutes so far in two matches all together. This is because he isn't really needed by Monaco at the moment. He is good though, but Monaco just has loads of talent in midfield.

Just a few short notes on ligue 2 7th round:

Brest beat Guingamp at home, Lesoimier, lately in very good form, scored the first, and my precious finding Roux the second, keeping his "goal for every 80 minutes" freaquency. He started match, but was subbed in the end, seemingly to get rest for next match. He scored 10 against 11, as Bigné had been sent off. Now, his list is 4 starts, 3 subs and 5 goals.

Le Havre's defense kept empty net at Istres, and Hénin in fact scored the only goal of the match. The lineup was usual with Kana and Marchand in it, but Marchand was taken off the pitch in the last minutes, don't know why. No injury has been reported.

Fanchone's return did no good to struggling Strasbourg, that lost 0 against 3 at Clermont. Brahimi played almost the full match. 25-year-old Jerome Cellier played his third full mathc this season in Clermont'd defense. He had only 5 games last season and is only rated 75, but could be going for a good rise this year if he keeps on starting the matches. 79-rated and 22-year-old former Creteil midfielder Jaques Salzé started his 4th match this season, playing full minutes as usually, so now in 360 minutes. He could be going for a rise. Experience ruled in scoring, 30-year-old striker Murcy scored the first, was subbed, and his replacement, 29-year-old Darcy finished the third. Darchy is a super cheap player that could see a rise. I don't promise though, but he could be an old riser for a very small club. Clermont climbed out of relegation spot, whereas Strasbourg now find themsleves the last in ligue 2.

Vannes beat strongly started Chateauroux at home, 3-2, Gimbert scoring again. Sammaritano, who has had less time on field this year, scored too.

Gaffory scored already his 5th goal for Bastia this season, as they draw 1-1 against Nantes, who are now second in the league as both Arles and Chateauroux stumbled.

22-year-old tower of Tours :D Giroud scored his team's all 4 goals as they took a 4-2 home victory against Arles, a club that has surprised many by being at the top of the table so far. No amazing dribbles or long shots there, he basically directed crosses to net 4 times. For Arles, Esor and Ayasse played full matches again. Tours is now 3rd league.

Chateauroux and Arles losing means Caen escaping as they won Ajaccio 1-0 at home. Langil and Toudic started the match, Langil was subbed at 58 minutes. They seem the be the big favorites to win otherwise very even ligue 2 where many teams have potential to fight for promotion - and many favorites are flopping badly, especially the Alsacian used-to-be-big-clubs Strasbourg and Metz.

Things to watch this round:

Bordeaux plays quite probably without both Gourcuff and Wendel against Rennes. Chalmé, Planus, Carasso and even Gouffran can be out as well. Rennes is in good form and should have pretty much their best team, so the match can be tighter than we would suppose. Rennes has a chance to win.

Lyon hosts Toulouse without Bastos and Lisandro. They were in difficulties in Paris and TFC seems to have good spirit on. That said, TFC defense line is still mostly in hospital, so they don't have the best team either. Gignac should start scoring.

Another interesting matchup is PSG visiting Lorient without Sessegnon. Lorient is known to be a tough host with Gourcuff, who is appreciated as a clever manager, who's teams always play well. Then again, PSG seems to have a good spirit.

Monaco hosts St.-Étienne, that should be finally playing on a better level. Some think that ASSE is showing to find their game since they won Nice in Coupe de la Ligue, but seriously, Nice has done just as badly so far and it was the cup. Anyway, Monaco has been top and it remains to be seen what ASSE can do. Interesting thing on ASM side is that Mollo made come back in cup. Will he play or is he on bench? Now there's no injury excuse, if he doesn't play, they don't count on him.

Hi guys, been following quite a number of Ligue 1 matches on TV5 this season. Although I can't choose which matches to watch, but I think i've seen quite various teams in action this season. I've got an issue for you guys to solve for me:

What's the matter with Ederson?? Is he still in the first team plans at Lyon?? I know Pjanic has been very good since the start of the season, but I see even Delgado has started more matches than Ederson now. Although it's still early in the season, what do you guys think about his rating of 90??

Thanks in anticipation..:)

Didi' date=' I suppose Nene's good form gives Lacombe an excuse to keep Mollo away from the XI? :(

I always used to rate the Brazilian winger during his Celta days. He had skills, pace and creativity in abundance; it's his silly dives that were an eyesore. :D Is he still like that now?[/quote']

In fact, it was clear since this summer that Lacombe trusts in Nene, and why wouldn't he, when Nene plays very well. However, before the season, it didn't seem like Mollo and Nene would play the same position, Nene was supposed to be in the middle, while Mollo would play the left flank. Now that they've got Coutadeur in the middle, it might well be that Nene keeps Mollo on bench. Especially as he has taken the responsibilities on set pieces, that Mollo used to do for Monace last season. But we'll see whathappen. My guess: Mollo doesn't start, not today, not before winter mercato (unless there are injuries), and he signs contract with some other team during that mercato (I still haven't heard him having professional contract, which must be hard to him - if somebody (Philippe?) knows better, please tell me).

Thanks for the clips Philippe. Hadn't seen those matches. Niang has been very good, though in that goal he basically ran through the Montpellier defense. Awful defensing. Sochaux-Valenciennes match produced 7 awesome goals, with some help from awkward goalies though. My favorite is Boudebouz free kick :D (that's the third goal). Well, the two first goals were nice too, Brechet is very good in attack, for a defender. Didn't he only come to Sochaux for family reasons, playing in a way smaller club than he could? Have to say, that according to clip, Pujol had a vry good game and bringing Ben Kalfallah in was a great decision. He finished with style the 4tgh and gave very nice assist to Pujol's 5-2 goal. Must have been a horror night for Sochaux fans: in 2-1 lead at home to second half just to lose te second half 0 to 4... and they had their chances too.

Hi guys' date=' been following quite a number of Ligue 1 matches on TV5 this season. Although I can't choose which matches to watch, but I think i've seen quite various teams in action this season. I've got an issue for you guys to solve for me:

What's the matter with Ederson?? Is he still in the first team plans at Lyon?? I know Pjanic has been very good since the start of the season, but I see even Delgado has started more matches than Ederson now. Although it's still early in the season, what do you guys think about his rating of 90??

Thanks in anticipation..:)[/quote']

Well... was he ever? In the end of last season he got nicely first team time and played well too, but he seems to be stuck to bench. We'll see, if they'll play him more now, but my guess for next match starting squad is Gomis as lonely striker and Govou, Pjanic and Delgado making the attacking midfield. FF thinks it will be Källström instead of Delgado, and that can well be. Pjanic has been one of the better players and should have his place in the squad, Govou is the team captain. In my opinion Källström has been quite poor so far and Delgado has shown some qualities, though he has been inconsistent. Ederson started the first match against Le Mans, but he played so awfully badly, that his replacement Pjanic took his place. Bad for Ederson has been, that the team has been victorious without him. I don't know for the 90. If this goes on, no way: he can't keep 90 rating when he doesn't get to play and the team is no longer the champions. Probably a small decrease to 89 and eventually to 88 if he doesn't make it to starting squad or even regularly from the bench to play well. Currently his other problem is that when he plays, it is not good.

Actually france play a 4-2-1-3 formation a little like Barca... Toulalan and Diarra as the holding players both start...

Well, this is of course true, but I think Philippe just meant that since his break through to l'EDF Toulalan has cemented his place so that the choice of DM:s has been Toulalan and who-to-pair-with-him. There are good reasons for this: 1. Toulalan's performance's for France have been top of the team last seasons, and especially consistent when others have often stumbled ; 2. Toulalan is still very young and a kind of player on whom France can build in future. This all and the fact that he shows very professional attitude out side of the pitch as well should ensure his place even if he hasn't been very good in last matches for France (although big part of the critique has been unfair). Lass's place seems secure there for now, because of his good performances lately, but it hasn't been so for very long and it still is more insecure so that should he play some bad match or be dropped to bench in Real and Alou Diarra, Flamini, Sissoko and others would be in line to to take his place. Lass has played the last four qualification matches though, and plays constantly for Real as well, so it seems good for him.

And Bordeaux will finally have their best squad against Rennes:

BORDEAUX : Carrasso - Chalmé, Ciani, Planus, Trémoulinas - A. Diarra (cap.), Plasil, Wendel, Gourcuff - Chamakh, Gouffran

RENNES : Douchez - Fanni, K. Mangane, Aubey, Bocanegra - M'Vila, Lemoine -Is. Bangoura, J . Leroy (cap.), S. Marveaux - Gyan

However, Gourcuff was rested just until today to get him healthy for the match, so he probably ain't in his best fit. Carasso, Chalmé and Planus started light training already few days ago.