Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Alou Diarra. Haven't been watching him of late and i am wondering is he worth a purchase?
Is Makelele going to drop?

Also when are the French changes coming?

Makelele and Diarra have well-anchored spots in their respective teams' date=' both never missing games and both still critical players despite their ages. Neither should drop nor rise. The French changes come up in a few weeks or more. It just depends on how quickly SM do the the preceding sections.

Can you tell me how good a buy Costa of Montpellier would be? I hear he is good, and a plus 4 in the last changes might suggest this.

He is indeed a good player, playing a vital role in the Montpellier squad. Now that his team has been promoted to Ligue 1, (and performing exceptionally) he can maybe rise by one or two. As far as potential goes, I can't see him getting past 88/89 in his career, unless he makes it to a bigger club.

LIGUE 1 WEEK 7 REVIEW

Auxerre 2-0 Grenoble

Auxerre pick up their second win of the season, while Grenoble continue plummeting, still yet to gain a point on the table. Jelen was present, but he, along with Grenoble defender Jemmali, received a red card after some fussing about, stupidly right in front of the referee, who dealt with it in a straightforward manner. This left Auxerre with Niculae alone up front, and he actually performed exceptionally, nearly scoring from a solo run, starting off a play that resulted in Pedretti scoring, and taking a shot on the counter-attack that rebounded to Hengbart for the second goal. Anyway, Contout didn't get to play. As for the losers, Feghouli played, but with no effect. Paillot was out due to last week's injury.

Lorient 1-1 PSG

Possession was quite evenly split by the two teams, but Lorient had took many more shots than their opposition. The usual Lorient line-up started, with Diarra starting this week on the left, and Monterrubio subbing on. Lorient's goal came from Mvuemba after a brilliant set of passes involving him, Vahirua, and Gameiro. Erding was still injured, so Hoarau started up front for PSG, with Luyindula playing behind him as an attacking midfielder. Everything else was as usual. Coupet was PSG's top player, keeping them at 1-1 despite all the Lorient chances. Hoarau was the one to score for his side, assisted by Giuly.

Monaco 1-2 Saint-Etienne

Lacombe came in with the same line-up as last week, with Coutadeur beside Costa and Alonso and Nene on the wings. Park led the attack, playing in front of Gudjohnsen. Pino, Nimani, and N'Koulou all came on as substitutes only. The visitors, meanwhile, had Sanogo and Bergessio up front, Fernandes and Matuidi in the center, and Landrin and Augusto Fernandez on the sides.

Varrault, Bayal Sall, N'Daw, and Perrin comprised the defense. It was Fernandez (not Fernandes, the center-mid) whose corner evaded everyone but Sanogo, who headed it in, unmarked, and unblocked. He almost assisted Sanogo again, from a free-kick, but Sanogo missed twice in front of Ruffier. Horrible luck or horrible accuracy? :P Monaco equalized when defender-on-loan Puygrenier's head just barely deflected Nene's free-kick enough to fool Janot. Finally, the winner was scored late in the game by Bergessio, who headed in Payet's free-kick. A game entirely decided by free-kicks.

Montpellier 1-0 Boulogne

Montpellier had a clear advantage, having no problems with fitness, while Boulogne were without Thil, Cuvillier, and Moreira, the former two being key players in their squad. Montpellier dominated the statistics (60% possession, 22 to 5 shots, 9 to 3 corners), yet for some reason only scored once through all of their chances. Dzodic was the scorer, firing in a ball that Valverde failed to catch from a corner. Belhanda got to play the full game. The win takes Montpellier, surprisingly, to fourth place, way above the other two teams that were promoted last season - Lens are now 13th and Boulogne 14th.

Nancy 2-1 Sochaux

Nancy had the usual 4-2-3-1, with Berenguer and Ca behind Hadji, Zerka on the left and Feret on the right, and Dia at the front. Sochaux had the typical defense (with Jokic instead of Mikari, though) behind a quartet of midfielders, Nogueira, Gavanon, Dalmat, and Martin. Sverkos and Davies were the forwards. Hadji, of course, was Nancy's top player, converting a penalty earned by Dia with an astonishing chip. Hadji continued to wreak havoc on Sochaux, scoring from miles outside the box to double the lead. Sochaux's only goal came from Martin, who smashed the ball into the bottom corner from a lay-off pass. It would have been the equalizer if Davies, half an hour before, took his chance against an empty net, but Sami was there to steal it from him.

Valencienne 3-2 Marseille

Three words: what the hell? :eek: Marseille lost for the first time this season, at the hands of the very team that routed Sochaux 5-2 just last week. This time, the heartbreakers again came back from behind, going from a goal down at the start to a goal up at full-time. Nothing extraordinary in the line-up: N'Dy Assembe, their replacement keeper, was again there. Pujol wasn't there, too, as Samassa played up front with Audel (which didn't actually work out well. The midfield consisted of Mater and Cohade on the sides and Gomis and Sanchez in the middle. Again, nothing special, considering that Marseille had Cisse, Cheyrou, and Lucho in midfield, with Niang and Morientes playing wide of Brandao in the attack. Morientes, in fact, got the first goal for Marseille, knocking in the ball from Brandao's elusive pass. Bisevac drew the scores level, slamming in a ball that Mandanda fumbled on, but literally a minute later, Niang took advantage of the same situation happening to the Valencienne keeper, N'Dy Assembe. Ducourtioux made it 2-2 when he reached the end of Audel's wonderful cross. The sickening defending continued when Cohade's free-kick set up Schmitz for the final, winning goal. Overall, Marseille had the statistical edge, but failed to maintain a good performance do to unsubstantial defending. I can't blame Mandanda too much for the goals. On the other side, Valenciennes did a nice job attacking, and I think N'Dy Assembe wasn't bad.

Lyon 2-1 Toulouse

The scoreline would have been much more interesting if Lyon had taken all their 28 shots - much more than Toulouse's. Despite what the stats say, though, Toulouse posed a challenge to Lyon in the midfield, but still, they were incompetent in the final third. Casanova had Gignac up front as usual, but altered the midfield to have two DM's and an AM instead of the usual one DM and a pair of CM's. Sissokho was the AM, playing in front of Berson and Didot, while Braaten and Machado lined up on the flanks. The defense was as it was last week, with Capoue and Nounkeu in between Congre and Tabanou. Devaux, Pentecote, and Soukouna each subbed on. Sissokho and Gignac were TFC's top dogs, with the former scoring the goal nine minutes in - typical Sissokho stuff, too. :) Lyon had Reveillere, Cris, Bodmer, and Cissokho in the defense, Makoun and Toulalan as the DM's, Pjanic, Kallstrom, and Govou in front of them, and Gomis leading the attack. Cissokho's cross set up Tafer for Lyon's first. The second came from Gomis, who deflected Pjanic's shot into the goal with a header from point blank.

Le Mans 3-0 Lens

MUC finally got that win you were waiting for, Didi. :P:DLe Mans dominated much of the game. They had more possession and created more and better opportunities. Le Mans had Ovono in goal again, which worked out well. Corchia, Cerdan, and Baal were in the defense as usual, with Andrade playing in Louvion's place. Thomas partnered Goulon in the midfield, behind the trio of Maiga, Loriot, and Le Tallec. Helstad stood as the striker. Lamah came on for Helstad at half-time. Thomas scored the opener, swinging in a low shot from the edge of the box. His brace arrived when again he launched a brilliant strike from outside the box. Le Tallec headed in a free-kick for Le Mans' third of the game. Lens fought back in the second half, but it was still Le Mans getting the better chances and overwhelming their opposition. Corchia, Cerdan, and Baal were exceptional in the defending, while the attacking mids and forwards just ripped Lens up at times. If Lens hadn't resort to forming a human meat shield around their goal, we'd be looking at a 5-0 or 6-0 right now. :eek:

Lille 1-1 Nice

Lille had a 4-4-1-1 this time, with Vittek in front of Gervinho and Hazard and Obraniak on the wings. Beria was playing in Emerson's place again. Lille whooped Nice in terms of possession, but their play in the final third was just not enough to live up to that. Instead, completely against the run of play, Remy scored, taking advantage of a misdirected header from Vittek. Vittek almost redeemed himself when he was faced with an empty net thanks to Hazard. He missed. Subsequently, Aubameyang replaced him. Frau, for some reason replaced Hazard (think Hazard still had more to show). Anyway, Nice lined up with a 4-2-3-1, Remy at the front, of course. Echouafni, Hellebuyck, Pote, Fae, and Sable made up the thick midfield, which failed to challenge Lille in possession. Lille managed to equalize, though, when Frau - of all people :P - flung in a floater just low enough to bounce off the bar and into Ospina's goal.

Bordeaux 1-0 Rennes

Bordeaux an entirely fit team, I believe, with Carrasso in goal, Chalme, Ciani, Planus, and Tremoulinas in the back, Diarra behind Gourcuff, Plasil and Wendel on the wings, and Gouffran next to Chamakh at the vanguard. A timely cross from Tremoulinas, who broke away on the wing, allowed Wendel to head in the only goal of the game. Rennes had their usual line-up, but with Aubey playing in Hansson's place and M'Vila taking his turn as DM (it seems that this position is being swapped between Inamoto and M'Vila, but we'll see). Gourcuff was among the best players for Bordeaux, as usual.

Summary

Mvuemba's goal, assisted by Gameiro and helped on by Vahirua, (0:10) here shows just how united Lorient can be. In fact, I don't actually think I've ever even see a solo goal from these guys. :confused:

YEb96-9dEwM

Hadji took this beauty (1:30) to bring Nancy up to 2-0 in their win over Sochaux.

V2HlGu9zbUA

Another goal (0:00) was unraveled by Sissokho this week. As usual, it was done fashionably. He'll be scoring like Niang soon. :D

YTgR5SNVUAE

Thomas' first goal for Le Mans (0:40) was good, but it was his second goal (0:55) that made the goal of the game. Oh, and if you watch the clip right after that, you can get a glimpse of some ol' fashion human wall defending. :P

LHgGU_itt0Q

i dont think so mate 92's about right mite go to 91 but dont think so plays all the time for PSG and is also the captain mate:D

I disagree here. He is best rated player in PSG at moment, but not nearly their best player, in fact he has been quite rubbish. That may be a matter of opinion, but lets compare him to Alou Diarra, who captain's the champion and leader of the league Bordeaux and is in the French selection. Diarra is rated 91 and rightly so, with maybe a chance to 92. Even if Diarra went to 92, still Makelele would be relatively to him rated too high, and should drop by at least one. If Diarra stays in 91, as I suppose, Makelele should go at least down to 90. Imo, even with Diarra going to 92, Makelele should not be rated higher than 90. Clement is better than him, btw, and wont get 90+ rating.

I add two things to Philippe's report:

1. Bodmer got injured on first half and was substitutes. He won't be playing in Hungary this week, we'll see how long he is out. OL is struggling again with it's defense.

2. MOLLO WAS NOT EVEN IN THE SQUAD. Now, there's no explanations to this anymore: Mollo played in the cup match before the last round and so was back from his injury, haven't heard him picking a new injury and it surely doesn't seem like he'd have. Only one explanation is left, namely that Lacombe treats him as a reserve player. Too bad.... he chose ASM over some bigger clubs to get to play, I think. He got his chance and showed his class last year and now they put him in the reserves. There are many teams interested in him. I think transfer to Le Mans or Nancy could be good, but then there are also St.-Étienne and Toulouse struggling with their attack, so he could help these teams. These are just my ideas, no rumors.

Julien FAUSSURIER of Troyes' date=' 33 apps last season, and 10 apps this season with 2 goals, rated 82, could he rise anymore?[/quote']

I'm terribly sorry (I really am), but there's no chance for him to rise, since Troyes was relegated from ligue 2 to the National that is not even covered in SM database.

Can you tell me how good a buy Costa of Montpellier would be? I hear he is good' date=' and a plus 4 in the last changes might suggest this.[/quote']

I expect him to go at least to 87 in next changes, because he seems to be the best player of Montpellier and Montpellier is currently doing more than fine in ligue 1. 87 would be minimum for their best player now, as the best players of clubs fighting for the place in ligue 1 are rated that high and Montpellier seems to be at least a mid-table team this season. Costa seems to be more than just their best player, because the French football magazines give him very top ratings every game, better than Gourcuff :eek::eek::eek: I don't think he is better than Gourcuff, nor that he would currently play better, but then again I haven't seen his matches and for some reason he is at the moment very highly rated. So, may be risky, but I expect at least 2 up.

He has best average rating by FF of all players and fourth best average of midfielders in l'équipe's ratings. So, if performances count, he should go up perhaps even more than just to 87.

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2009/20090930_080704_rool-l-antechrist.html

So, Spanish media thinks of Rool as an Antichrist... :D:D:D

He is rough player and has got a bad reputation, but in my opinion he is certainly no "butcher" and gets some cards, especially the red ones, for this reputation. He is a very good defender and defensive midfielder, and this is why Deschamps brought him in Marseille.

Huge second half by Lille, great play by Gervinho for a while. In fact, he might not have been terrific this season, but he is no doubt better than that other winger with really long name I can't get correct right now.

Here's Souquet's goal, for those interested:

http://videos.sapo.pt/6IOdZDzr21FBQSiaURRF

Not bad. Pretty move altogether. He also assisted this one by Frau.

http://videos.sapo.pt/lFOJDA9zqaIOWH1qsi4F

That's a one for Prague defense, no doubt. But have to admit it, LOSC had a way to exploit the weaknesses of Prague's defense line.

Squad to face Faroe Islands and Austria in the next two week:

Keepers: Cédric Carrasso (Bordeaux), Nicolas Douchez (Rennes), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Stève Mandanda (Marseille).

Defenders: Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Gaël Clichy (Arsenal), Nicolas Escudé (Sevilla), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Rod Fanni (Rennes), William Gallas (Arsenal), Bakary Sagna (Arsenal), Sébastien Squillaci (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Abou Diaby (Arsenal), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Jérémy Toulalan (Lyon), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich).

Attackers: Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), André-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Barcelona)

Douchez is added, and Gourcuff is dropped due to injury. I think that's it of the changes from last game (can't remember if was Sissoko in the squad that time though).

Keepers: Cédric Carrasso (Bordeaux)' date=' Nicolas Douchez (Rennes), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Stève Mandanda (Marseille).

[b']Defenders:[/b] Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Gaël Clichy (Arsenal), Nicolas Escudé (Sevilla), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Rod Fanni (Rennes), William Gallas (Arsenal), Bakary Sagna (Arsenal), Sébastien Squillaci (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Abou Diaby (Arsenal), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Jérémy Toulalan (Lyon), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich).

Attackers: Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), André-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Barcelona)

Douchez is added, and Gourcuff is dropped due to injury. I think that's it of the changes from last game (can't remember if was Sissoko in the squad that time though).

Sissoko was. I don't remember if there was seriously all Abidal, Evra and Clichy in the squad. Of course, Abidal is CB now.... Imo Escude is better LB than Abidal is CB. Who's in to replace Gourcuff? Diaby? I'm sorry, I like Diaby, but they do not play exactly the same role. Anyway, the squad looks horrible, again.

Keepers: Cédric Carrasso (Bordeaux)' date=' Nicolas Douchez (Rennes), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Stève Mandanda (Marseille).

[b']Defenders:[/b] Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Gaël Clichy (Arsenal), Nicolas Escudé (Sevilla), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Rod Fanni (Rennes), William Gallas (Arsenal), Bakary Sagna (Arsenal), Sébastien Squillaci (Sevilla).

Why are 4 GKs in the squad, anyway? :confused:

Why are 4 GKs in the squad' date=' anyway? :confused:[/quote']

Because Lloris has the one match ban and this squad is for two matches. Domenech doesn't want to be left with only two keepers in the match against Faroes, but wants to have Lloris back in match against Austria.

Because Lloris has the one match ban and this squad is for two matches. Domenech doesn't want to be left with only two keepers in the match against Faroes' date=' but wants to have Lloris back in match against Austria.[/quote']

I understand about Lloris, but what's the point in calling up Douchez in addition to the other two? I mean, it's not like all the GKs in the squad are going to get injured.

Then again, Diaby is in the squad, after all... :D

Is Alberto Facundo COSTA likely to rise' date=' fall one to sell or not ?[/quote']
Alberto COSTA - 6 - 0 - 2 - 0 - 540

81 -> 84 -> 85

I would keep him, as Montpellier are definitely on the right track this season, so he could rise further later on. He has a bit of a chance for an 86, too.

I understand about Lloris' date=' but what's the point in calling up Douchez in addition to the other two? I mean, it's not like all the GKs in the squad are going to get injured.

Then again, Diaby is in the squad, after all... :D

Well, seemingly Domenech is afraid that first one of his GK:s would get injured in training and then something would happen to another in the match and without the third he would have to put Gignac on goal. So, Douchez is there to make it sure, that Gignac is standing in front of the goal in the opposite end of the field.

Is Alberto Facundo COSTA likely to rise' date=' fall one to sell or not ?[/quote']

It would be a big mistake to sell him now. One of the best players in Ligue 1 so far this season, inarguably MVP of his team that is doing surprisingly well this season. Considering that Montpellier ratings are those of the top five of ligue 2, not even those of promoted club, and Montpellier currently is 4th in ligue 1, their players are going to see significant increases in their ratings, and Costa will be the highest rated of them all. So, imo he should have a very good chance to 87. I seem to be alone with this opinion, but can't just see why wouldn't he go at least that high? I mean, some ligue 2 players are rated that high. Why Montpellier players wouldnt get there now that they are in the top of ligue 1?

any idea what brahimi of clermont foot will rise to. ?

There's a doubt that he will rise at all, because he was just added to the database. Should he rise, I think 81/82 would be quite right. Going to rise higher in future, already in the spring 83 is expectable.

This may have been asked before and I'm sorry if thats the case but i was wondering is Sissoko of Toulouse has a chance of even making 90? He is playing excellently for toulouse and is called into the france squad again. Is this possible? Keeping in mind gignac is at toulouse and is 90 proving its possible to have a 90 at a team like toulouse!

Was also wondering about the following?

Sertic of Bordeaux?

Tafer of Lyon?

Corchia of Le Mans?

If anyone has any other recommendations of 85 approx rated players that could turn into 88/89/90 players let me know :):P:p

This may have been asked before and I'm sorry if thats the case but i was wondering is Sissoko of Toulouse has a chance of even making 90? He is playing excellently for toulouse and is called into the france squad again. Is this possible? Keeping in mind gignac is at toulouse and is 90 proving its possible to have a 90 at a team like toulouse!

Was also wondering about the following?

Sertic of Bordeaux?

Tafer of Lyon?

Corchia of Le Mans?

If anyone has any other recommendations of 85 approx rated players that could turn into 88/89/90 players let me know :):P:p

Tafer can go slightly up now that he scored his first, don't expect much though. 77/78 at best. Corchia should go to 84 and up to 87 at the end of the season. Seriously. Sertic to 80/81. He is in the rotation of the champions and plays well when gets to play, so if he keeps that up, 83/84 in spring isn't out of question. Now it is, imo, even though he had great end for last season.

And yes, imo Sissokko is 89/90. I have been maybe dissing him a bit before, but he has proven me wrong and has without question been TFC's best player this season so far. He has further developed his attacking game and still does good job in defense and has made it to the French selection. Only if TFC would make a bit better, I would see him going to 90. 89 seems to be assured already.