Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Hi' date=' just want to ask, will Toulalan change to CM/CB or CB/CM?

He recently played 3 times at CB if I'm not wrong, but has been playing at CM previously.

If I am looking for a solid CM (not in terms of rating, but position) that won't change position in the near future, will he be a good choice?

Thanks.[/quote']

Surely no CB/CM. He is only replacing the usual defenders. He still plays DM in l'EDF. In fact, it should then be DM/CB, because he is without doubt a DM, doesn't really play much attacking role. So, if you need DM, that's your man. If you need CM, go for someone else.

Surely no CB/CM. He is only replacing the usual defenders. He still plays DM in l'EDF. In fact' date=' it should then be DM/CB, because he is without doubt a DM, doesn't really play much attacking role. So, if you need DM, that's your man. If you need CM, go for someone else.[/quote']

Didi, on the question of Toulalan. Do you think his rating has the potential to rise further? Don't get me wrong, he is now the highest rated player in the Ligue 1 and his rating seem to have stagnated at 93. Some time back, he was hailed as very good and could progress further, SM rating wise. I haven't heard much transfer rumours regarding Toulalan. Is it because he chooses to remain at Lyon? Or is there really not much interest from the big European clubs in him.

And lastly, is he a guaranteed first choice for Domnenech's side? I don't know what formation the Les blues play, so a little clarification would be great. I read from the previous posts, Philippe said Toulalan is better and starting ahead of Lass for France.

Thanks

Surely no CB/CM. He is only replacing the usual defenders. He still plays DM in l'EDF. In fact' date=' it should then be DM/CB, because he is without doubt a DM, doesn't really play much attacking role. So, if you need DM, that's your man. If you need CM, go for someone else.[/quote']

Oh, I just referred to football lineups and they wrote either CB or CM, so I just assumed:o

Well DM is even better, as I need a DM actually(I use DM/CM interchangeably) .

Thanks alot once again.

This is quite hors de propos, but may interest many of the readers of this thread.

French U17 team for the first qualification round to EC:

GK : Alphonse Areola (Paris-SG), Maxime Dupe (FC Nantes)

Defense : Alvin Arrondel (Paris-SG), Lucas Digne (LOSC), Tony Huston (Le Mans UC 72), Formose Mendy (LOSC), Samuel Umtiti (Olympique Lyonnais), Wesley Yamnaine (Stade Rennais)

Midfield : Abdoulaye Doucouré (Stade Rennais), Geoffroy Komdogbia (RC Lens), Vincent Leroux (OGC Nice), Marco Rosenfelder (RC Strasbourg), Eliott Sorin (Stade Rennais)

Attack : Dylan Deligny (RC Lens), Anthony Koura (Le Mans UC 72), William Le Pogam (Olympique Lyonnais), Yaya Sanogo (AJ Auxerre), Ibrahima Tandia (FC Sochaux Montbeliard)

I guess none of these guys exists in SM database, but we'll hear of some of them in future.

Didi' date=' on the question of Toulalan. Do you think his rating has the potential to rise further? Don't get me wrong, he is now the highest rated player in the Ligue 1 and his rating seem to have stagnated at 93. Some time back, he was hailed as very good and could progress further, SM rating wise. I haven't heard much transfer rumours regarding Toulalan. Is it because he chooses to remain at Lyon? Or is there really not much interest from the big European clubs in him.

And lastly, is he a guaranteed first choice for Domnenech's side? I don't know what formation the Les blues play, so a little clarification would be great. I read from the previous posts, Philippe said Toulalan is better and starting ahead of Lass for France.

Thanks[/quote']

Well, nothing is guaranteed with Domenech :D Toulalan is, however, one of the corner stones on which the future of l'EDF is built. His place is very secure under any coach. Les Bleus play currently 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 systems. In both cases they use 2 DM:s. Toulalan would have the place even if there only were one.

I think he could have got 94 in last changes, would only his teams (France and Lyon) fared better last season. He was excellent for both teams, but couldn't alone save them from slumping form, both losing a lot of the status they had before. For the starting season, at least Lyon seems stronger than last year, but they should win ligue 1 and go further in CL in order to get higher ratings. Currently the pressure is to lower the ratings standard, although that already happened with the off-season transfer and in fact we'll see mainly rising ratings in this squad in next changes, only perhaps Cris going down (isn't he still 92?), and possibly Ederson too.

And U21s:

GARDIENS: Kevin Olimpa (Angers/L2), Johny Placide (Le Havre/L2)

DEFENSEURS: Etienne Capoue (Toulouse), Sébastien Corchia (Le Mans), Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik (Le Havre/L2), Cheik Mbengue (Toulouse), Mamadou Sakho (Paris-SG), Samuel Souprayen (Dijon/L2), Mapou Yangambiwa (Montpellier)

MILIEUX: Yann Mvila (Rennes), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Vincent Nogueira (Sochaux), Steven Nzonzi (Blackburn/ANG), Younousse Sankharé (Paris-SG)

ATTAQUANTS: Karim Aït-Fana (Montpellier), Djamel Bakar (Nancy), Jonathan Biabiany (Parme/ITA), Jirès Kembo Ekoko (Rennes), Anthony Modeste (Angers/L2), David Ngog (Liverpool/ANG), Franck Tabanou (Toulouse)

Seems very strong to me, even without Thuram-Ulien and Goulon who are injured.

hey i was wondering who is doing better for lyon at the moment.

Francois Clerc

Anthony Reveillere

and who has a better chance of rising or dropping or just staying the same. thanks in advance :D

Anthony Reveillere is the better mate, getting more minutes and games on the football field has the best chance of the rise your looking for:D

I have slightly different opinion on this Clerc/Reveillère -thing. At the moment it is true though that Reveillère plays more and does it better than Clerc. I'm still waiting for Clerc to get back in form, because before his injury he was great. Also, at the moment, 89 is fine for both, both play. Eventually, if Lyon can keep good form, at least one of them is going to 90, currently it seems that Reveillère could be the one.

I've been praising Lloris as the best player of current ligue 1 season and now I'm not only one who thinks so : Lloris was just awarded as the ligue 1 player of the month of September.

It'll do wonders for his case to rise to 91. ;)

I've rated him higher than Mandanda for about six months now.

Hi i have just taken over a Toulouse in gc71 and i need to no what players will rise and which players to get rid of

thanks in advance

I looked at your post mate, but unfortunately I can't claim to know much about Toulouse players unless they're Gignac, Capoue or Sissoko. :o

Didi or Phil will eb of much more help, sorry.

Hi i have just taken over a Toulouse in gc71 and i need to no what players will rise and which players to get rid of

thanks in advance

As I have no real GC experience' date=' I can't give you solid advice as to who to keep or sell, but I can give you the whole team's predictions: [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=459740&postcount=24[/url]

A reminder to all concerned:

France' date=' Belgium, and Switzerland are the next three countries to be reviewed once the current section is complete. This may be anywhere between a few days and a week.[/quote']

Last chance saloon! :P France will probably be the last league reviewed in the section. I hope anyway...