Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

I top you by having always rated him higher than Mandanda. ;)B):D

:P Lloris at Nice wasn't exactly my cup of tea! :D

There's just no comparison in my eyes now, Lloris is the future of French goalkeeping. I rate him a bit below Frey (who should really play, darned Domenech :mad:) but not much.

In a couple of seasons he'll be one of the World's best.

:P Lloris at Nice wasn't exactly my cup of tea! :D

There's just no comparison in my eyes now' date=' Lloris is the future of French goalkeeping. I rate him a bit below Frey (who should really play, darned Domenech :mad:) but not much.

In a couple of seasons he'll be one of the World's best.[/quote']

You're right about that Frey should play and should have played for few years now. I loved Lloris in Nice and in les ├ęspoirs. The talent he showed... I was already then thinking that he may become the best French keeper of all time, if not the best keeper all time all countries considered. His late performances have been amazing, especially for a team that defends as badly as Lyon.

You're right about that Frey should play and should have played for few years now. I loved Lloris in Nice and in les ├ęspoirs. The talent he showed... I was already then thinking that he may become the best French keeper of all time' date=' if not the best keeper all time all countries considered. His late performances have been amazing, especially for a team that defends as badly as Lyon.[/quote']

Ligue Un Player of the Month for September I believe! Despite their dreadful defence!

How is Aly Cissokho doing at Lyon is he still looking to get a nice rise and do you think hes going to make it to the national team soon?

Doing well from what I can tell (I've only been paying attention to Pjanic, Lloris, Bastos and Lisandro at Lyon though tbh) and on for 86 -> 89/88.

Unfortunately Clichy and Evra are owning the NT LB position between them!

Doing well from what I can tell (I've only been paying attention to Pjanic' date=' Lloris, Bastos and Lisandro at Lyon though tbh) and on for 86 -> 89/88.

Unfortunately Clichy and Evra are owning the NT LB position between them![/quote']

Thanks alot i like the look of Cissokho im going to buy him. Its a shame he had to be a left back with all the talent there!!!

Thanks alot i like the look of Cissokho im going to buy him. Its a shame he had to be a left back with all the talent there!!!

Don't worry mate, he'll easily reach 90 at Lyon within a season and hopefully he'll feature for France in the long run! :)

Sorry to ask another question but what about moussa sissoko is he likely to rise and does he have a chance of getting into the french NT any time soon??

And wow gignac is going to be immense soon!!

Moussa Sissoko - 86 -> 88

Another immense talent there, but I don't have much of an idea about France's DM setup aside from Lass! :P

Didi and Phil could give you a better indication, I may know a bit about the French Laegue but I know next to nothing about their National setup!

Moussa Sissoko - 86 -> 88

Another immense talent there' date=' but I don't have much of an idea about France's DM setup aside from Lass! :P

Didi and Phil could give you a better indication, I may know a bit about the French Laegue but I know next to nothing about their National setup![/quote']

Thanks alot :) i would rep you again but need to spread :P !

All i need now is a healthy chairmen investment into my division 4 team :D

Thanks alot :) i would rep you again but need to spread :P !

All i need now is a healthy chairmen investment into my division 4 team :D

All these lucky people... I was drowning in debt during a Division 4 challenge and had to sell Busquets to keep afloat... :mad:

I had a quick look on ESPN, and Sissoko only has Lass and Alou Diarra ahead of him. he's already in the National Team squad! I didn't know that until just now... :P

All these lucky people... I was drowning in debt during a Division 4 challenge and had to sell Busquets to keep afloat... :mad:

I had a quick look on ESPN' date=' and Sissoko only has Lass and Alou Diarra ahead of him. he's already in the National Team squad! I didn't know that until just now... :P[/quote']

Well at the moment ive got 15 million and a bid for marchisio in going to buy aly cissokho and moussa sissoko when the chairman invests in me ive just won div 4 challenge.

Thats good news for sissoko hopefully he can get a few apps in the world cup

Sorry to ask another question but what about moussa sissoko is he likely to rise and does he have a chance of getting into the french NT any time soon??

And wow gignac is going to be immense soon!!

I believe this topic was raised a few days ago. Toulalan has a very solid spot in the NT first squad, and with Lass being second-choice, Sissoko has to improve a lot to get somewhere. Still, due to his young age, he is eligible for the youth NT, where he can still develop and prove himself. He's a great player so far, though. I'm sure he has the potential to reach NT level some time, but just not yet; not this year. Also, another thing to note is that this guy is really good going up on the attack. I wouldn't be surprised if he is used in future years as a versatile midfielder for the NT, replacing any AM or DM when needed.

I believe this topic was raised a few days ago. Toulalan has a very solid spot in the NT first squad' date=' and with Lass being second-choice, Sissoko has to improve a lot to get somewhere. Still, due to his young age, he is eligible for the youth NT, where he can still develop and prove himself. He's a great player so far, though. I'm sure he has the potential to reach NT level some time, but just not yet; not this year. Also, another thing to note is that this guy is really good going up on the attack. I wouldn't be surprised if he is used in future years as a versatile midfielder for the NT, replacing any AM or DM when needed.[/quote']

You see, that's where my knowledge get's you! :P

I though that Toulalan played an out and out CM role, with Lass anchoring at the back. Thanks for the correction Philippe.

He won't! Grenoble have been a big let down this season and Feghouli in particular. He's just failing to live up to his billing as a wonderkid.

86 -> 86 will be what happens' date=' AKA nothing! :D[/quote']

I couldn't agree more. Must suck for those who bought Feghouli before last season, when his slump began. Good thing I never did. :D

Oh, and Benzema just made it 5-0 for France, just 10 minutes after subbing on for Gignac. He's had an immense impact on the game, which is much better than his Euro 2008 days. :)

I couldn't agree more. Must suck for those who bought Feghouli before last season' date=' when his slump began. Good thing I never did. :D

Oh, and Benzema just made it 5-0 for France, just 10 minutes after subbing on for Gignac. He's had an immense impact on the game, which is much better than his Euro 2008 days. :)[/quote']

So Philippe... Benzema or Gignac? Dirty Traitor or Resplendent French National Hero? :P

But seriously has Benzema-Gignac ever been tried or is Henry guaranteed a starting berth for the French National Team and thus preventing that mouth-watering attacking combo?

do you know any good young winger around 86rated that will rise?

One word: Pjanic! But unfortunately he's an AM (86 -> 88).

I'll go out on a limb and say Eden Hazard: 84 -> 87/88, although the 88 is purely in there because he's my favourite player in the world! :P