Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

hey' date=' just bout Gourcuff for 21 million, my only concern was is he worth it? i've heard people say 92, but it is the French league so surely there must be a cap on what he can reach?

realistically what can he hope to get next rating change?

also, has he been linked with any big teams around Europe, not that Brodeaux aren't a big team lol ;)[/quote']

Juninho got 95 in Lyon, Benzema had his 93 and Toulalan is a 93. Gourcuff can be as good as all 3 so 92 isnt out of the question this change.

Hes a French international, and playing for French champions in champions league. 21 million was a bargain :)

hey' date=' just bout Gourcuff for 21 million, my only concern was is he worth it? i've heard people say 92, but it is the French league so surely there must be a cap on what he can reach?

realistically what can he hope to get next rating change?

also, has he been linked with any big teams around Europe, not that Brodeaux aren't a big team lol ;)[/quote']

As said above it's a bargain! He has also been linked to Inter, Real Madrid and Man U.

Juninho got 95 in Lyon' date=' Benzema had his 93 and Toulalan is a 93. Gourcuff can be as good as all 3 so 92 isnt out of the question this change.

Hes a French international, and playing for French champions in champions league. 21 million was a bargain :)[/quote']

Add to this that he is also considered to be amongst the best players of l'EDF (has left Malouda, Nasri, Govou and Benzema behind him in selection, currently not even Ribery is selected before him), and was inarguably the best player of ligue 1 last season while Juni and Benzema still played in same league. And he also happened to win the league. He has been excellent this season as well (when not injured) and Bordeaux is leading their CL group so I think 92 should happen. If anyone, him. So, I totally agree that 21 million was bargain (both myself him to Southampton with 13,9, but that was not in GC and Bordeaux was an unmanageable club, so nothing to boast about in fact).

also' date=' has he been linked with any big teams around Europe, not that Brodeaux aren't a big team lol ;)[/quote']

Oh, ligue 1 seems very classy at the moment. Better than, for example, Serie A (it was nice to see ligue 1 15th placed Lille to massacre Serie A 6th placed Genoa:p). Yeah. Just wait for Bordeaux to win the CL this season. B)

....yeah, I admit it, they haven't been that assuring so far - but no other club has been either, so imo they're at least equal with any other team. Even Barça lost to some Kazan at home...

PSG:s tough luck seems to go on forever. now Giuly and Sakho, two amongst their most important players, have the H1N1 flu. Yes, the piggy one. I'm not biggest fan of the club, but they have been better than their position this season and I wouldn't mind if their luck would change finally.

PSG:s tough luck seems to go on forever. now Giuly and Sakho' date=' two amongst their most important players, have the H1N1 flu. Yes, the piggy one. I'm not biggest fan of the club, but they have been better than their position this season and I wouldn't mind if their luck would change finally.[/quote']

Yep and also inclued that Hoarau and Makelele is out, so it will be hard for PSG in ''Le Clasico''.

Juninho got 95 in Lyon' date=' Benzema had his 93 and Toulalan is a 93. Gourcuff can be as good as all 3 so 92 isnt out of the question this change.

Hes a French international, and playing for French champions in champions league. 21 million was a bargain :)[/quote']

As said above it's a bargain! He has also been linked to Inter' date=' Real Madrid and Man U.[/quote']
Add to this that he is also considered to be amongst the best players of l'EDF (has left Malouda' date=' Nasri, Govou and Benzema behind him in selection, currently not even Ribery is selected before him), and was inarguably the best player of ligue 1 last season while Juni and Benzema still played in same league. And he also happened to win the league. He has been excellent this season as well (when not injured) and Bordeaux is leading their CL group so I think 92 should happen. If anyone, him. So, I totally agree that 21 million was bargain (both myself him to Southampton with 13,9, but that was not in GC and Bordeaux was an unmanageable club, so nothing to boast about in fact).[/quote']
Oh' date=' ligue 1 seems very classy at the moment. Better than, for example, Serie A (it was nice to see ligue 1 15th placed Lille to massacre Serie A 6th placed Genoa:p). Yeah. Just wait for Bordeaux to win the CL this season. B)

....yeah, I admit it, they haven't been that assuring so far - but no other club has been either, so imo they're at least equal with any other team. Even Barça lost to some Kazan at home...[/quote']

thanks a lot guys, now to sit back and hope Bordeaux win the CL :rolleyes:

must buy in Montpellier HSC ???? ;)

thanx

Belhanda's a sure one. Other less interesting risers are Aït-Fana' date=' Yangambiwa, and Costa (by only a little for now though).

I am looking to buy Bakar and Martin who are both 82. Do either of them have much of a future?

Bakar seemed promising at the start of the season at Monaco, but since his arrival at Nancy he has been an in-and-out player. Still, he could threaten to take a starting spot later in the season. Meanwhile, Martin is an established starter at Sochaux and, as Spam pointed out, has been impressive this season. Martin has been the more successful, and will likely remain ahead of Bakar. Also, Martin has participated in the 2009 edition of the Toulon tournament, whereas Bakar has no international experience.

I am looking to buy Bakar and Martin who are both 82. Do either of them have much of a future?

Martin has been a sort of surprise break through. Playing an excellent season. Arguably the MVP of his club. Likely to go up by 3 or even 4 imo. Even though Sochaux isn't the biggest club, they have got some big victories this season and are 10th in the table right now. Martin has been big factor in won matches. I don't recall him scoring against Lyon, but that he was building both goals. Was one to create the offensive in those goals, although he might have not even got assists.

Is Samuel Souprayen any good i have seen that he is getting some first team football for Dijon FCO and he was in the France U21 squad as well

also why im here what is Cissokho likely to go up to, his a classy player who ive always admired since his Old Trafford performance with Porto and seems to have been a bit of a sensation a france which doesnt suprise me could he be hitting around the 89/90 mark or is that too high for now or is that realistic

Is Samuel Souprayen any good i have seen that he is getting some first team football for Dijon FCO and he was in the France U21 squad as well

also why im here what is Cissokho likely to go up to' date=' his a classy player who ive always admired since his Old Trafford performance with Porto and seems to have been a bit of a sensation a france which doesnt suprise me could he be hitting around the 89/90 mark or is that too high for now or is that realistic[/quote']

He'll hit 88 or 89 mate:)

also why im here what is Cissokho likely to go up to' date=' his a classy player who ive always admired since his Old Trafford performance with Porto and seems to have been a bit of a sensation a france which doesnt suprise me could he be hitting around the 89/90 mark or is that too high for now or is that realistic[/quote']

Cissokho, in my opinion 89/88, very likely 89. Very good performances since last changes in top clubs.

So, Philippe, about the last round of ligue 1: your beloved Nice really made something unexpected. Winning l'OL 4-1, even though the math was not that uneven, is huge.

Bordeaux on the top again, and what a game they played! Talk about superiority! Not only had they the possession over 75% the first half and all match almost 70% and 8 against 2 shots towards goal and 9 against 4 missed shots (according to their own website). More remarkably their defense was over dominant. Each player, excluding forwards and substituted widemidfielders Plasil and Wendel, had passing percentage of about 90 and from 46 (Diarra) to 64 (Chalmé and Gourcuff) passes to own team.

They did not only win the crosses 37 against 24, but also their defense won pretty much all the battles in air and on ground. They were with the ball all the time and won almost every ball during the game. Ciani, for example, played 83 balls only losing 4 of them. Play maker and offensive master mind Gourcuff played 114 losing 25 (when you attack more you lose more). Striker Chamakh 52 touched balls with 14 lost. Compare to opposition's no. 1 CB Andrade, who touched only 32 balls losing 7 (so 25 successful balls played, which is less than those of Bordeaux striker Gouffran who only played 66 minutes but still managed to play 32 successful balls, equaling to amount of all balls touched by Andrade), or to attacking CM Thomas who managed to touch 43 balls losing 12 of them, or finally to the very lonely striker Helstad, only 11 touched balls, losing 2 of them, managing to do very little with those 9 that he didn't lose (1 missed shot, 9 passes, 7 of which to own team).

More successful Le Mans players were Le Tallec, who won 3 aerial duels and 6 on the ground, with 49 touched balls and 24 passes to own team - still with horrible passing percentage of 66. He was however able to outplay Tremoulinas few times. Corchia was another one very active on the same flank, but he was fooled by Tremoulinas few times. Both Bordeaux wing backs were very successful and made most of the play. Chalmé played 108 balls during match and centered 3 times always successfully, assisting one goal and making Baal take yellow card in the end. I think Tremoulinas assisted the other one and then there was the own goal by Ovono, forced by Gouffran. Anyway, to note is, that the Bordeaux defenders made more attacking plays than Le Mans attackers.

Fun fact is, that France Football was still almost unable to make any difference between these teams in their ratings. Les Girondins were all given a rating 6 signaling that they played just fine, except for Plasil and Wendel, who got 5 for not impressing, just normal game. Excluding Lamah (4) and Estigabarria (3), the Le Mans players also got 5 or 6 each. Imagine, that Thomas in fact got the same 6 as Gourcuff and hyperactive Chalmé! Well, no need to imagine, for it is fact.

Cissokho' date=' in my opinion 89/88, very likely 89. Very good performances since last changes in top clubs.[/quote']

I hope your right and he does go up to 89 as i feel he deserves it, i think his easily one of the best 10 left backs in the world and i think Real Madrid need a left back and i think Cissokho could easily be there in a year or two time, his like Marcelo but he can actually defend to his major problem is that his LB competition for France is Evra and Abidal probably 2 of the best 5 in the world so his unlucky in that sense

I think 90 should have been secured by last year alone' date=' knowing that he plays for a team where 90+ ratings exist. 91 should be reality.[/quote']

Gomis will go up to 90 as well id imagine and i think Bastos is better than him and should go to 91 like Mata did last year, espically now he is in for the Brazil NT as well it should be the key to make it a rise of +2 to 91 rather than +1 to 90

Gourcuff to 92?

This is realistic methinks' date=' but what's your opinion Didi?

[/quote']

I agree. Gourcuff definitely should go up to 92. What could he have really done more to deserve it? What should he do to deserve it, if this is not enough?