Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

I agree. Gourcuff definitely should go up to 92. What could he have really done more to deserve it? What should he do to deserve it' date=' if this is not enough?[/quote']

Short of SM massively underrating French football (now overall on par with Italy IMO, close to surpassing it) Gourcuff should get 92.

93 to follow as per his status as Ligue Un's finest player. ;)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FRENCH RATINGS All the stats from the top of Ligue 1 to the bottom of Ligue 2 First post contents 1. Preface 2. Announcements 3. Post Format 4. Ligue 1 Table and Teams (Links) 5. Ligue 1

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Here is a post from the French Offside on Lille, claiming them to be the best in France and actually capable of posing a serious threat to any team in Europe. So I decided to

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Yes. In my opinion he should be tried. He should have been a few years ago when he played for Le Mans' date=' in fact. But now more than ever. I base this on two things: 1.

Short of SM massively underrating French football (now overall on par with Italy IMO' date=' close to surpassing it) Gourcuff should get 92.

93 to follow as per his status as Ligue Un's finest player. ;)[/quote']

i thought Toulalan was 93 so he would need 94 to be the best player in the league

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Ratings

Marseille

Mathieu VALBUENA - 0 - 6 - 0 - 0 - 160

89 -> 89 -> 87/88

Bakari KONE - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 119

90 -> 90 -> 90/91

I have to ask this: are you serious? Valbuena had arguably better end of last season than Koné, being the play maker of the Gerets' team that rose to finish second in ligue 2. So, based on las season, Valbuena should at least be rated as high than Koné, if not higher. Add the fact that of these two very little used players Valbuena has played more this season than Koné, and again, arguably better than Koné.

Therefore, it is amazing that you predict already higher rated Koné to have an increase to 91 (why? you really think that his 144 minutes so far make him the second best player of OM?), and already lower rated Valbuena to drop further. I mean, if rating of anyone of these two players is going to rise, it must be Valbuena. More probably, Koné's rating is going to drop by 1 or two and Valbuena's to stay the same (thanks to little confidence by Deschamps, but good performances last season and this season too, when he has had his chances) or drop at maximum by 1. Believe me, the gap between their ratings is not getting any bigger, inversely, these two players are going to be rated the same after the next changes.

GIROUD' date=' what is your expert view on him? rating wise and future clubs wise? many thanks in advance.[/quote']

He is doing spectacularly at Tours, having played 13 times and scored 11 times, with a pair of assists to accompany them. A rise to at least 83 is imminent. As for his distant future, I am almost certain such performances will guarantee interest from Ligue 1. Auxerre are currently pursuing him, but I do not know of any other clubs yet.

how much will Amara BANGOURA rise ?? Is he worth buying for 1.5 million ??

He will most likely not be rising. He has not yet gained a single minute in Ligue 1 this season. He is injured' date=' but I don't believe that to be the cause of it, as he didn't play before his injury this season. There are many better players to choose from.

How much do you reckon Nicolas N Koulou will rise to, and how good a long term prospect is he??

He has been a frequent player in the Monaco line-up, which is enough for a slight rise; however, with Puygrenier the new center-back beside Mongongu and with Coutadeur and Costa in the central midfield, N'Koulou may not be getting a lot of starts apart from filling in for others unless he knocks out one of his competitors. He is an adequate prospect, but not one who will reach his full potential against such obstacles.

EDIT: Scratch that. He will be getting some game time, as I forgot that Monaco are most likely making the 4-2-3-1 their permanent formation, with Coutadeur as the playmaker, allowing N'Koulou and Costa to play behind in the central midfield. Given this, N'Koulou actually does have a good chance of remaining a starter for Monaco, which raises his possible end-of-season rating to about 87. For now, he will probably hit an 85 or 86. Either way, this guy is a good investment for this season.

Thanks Phillip' date=' a great help as always.

Edit - What about carlos henrique, the Bordeux CB and charley FOMAN? Many thanks in advance.[/quote']

I suppose you mean Charley Fomen. He hasn't played a minute yet. Unlikely to have any time on field this season.

Henrique hasn't really achieved anything, except for winning the title of course :D But I mean that he was a replacement for Diawara and now he is replacement for Ciani. He doesn't start. Starters still are Planus and Ciani, who plays each day better. So, I doubt any change with Henrique. Just can't see any reason for any change in his rating. Even a rise in Girondins' average wouldn't warrant a rise in his rating, because he already is rated 88, which is higher than some starters (Tremoulinas) of the club. Even if starters would be rated from 89 to 92 still Henrique's 88 would be just ok to him.

Phillipe' date=' what is your long term view on Lukman Haruna, in FM09 he was very good but has a lack of minutes at Monaco.[/quote']

Yeah, doesn't really play much at all, but then again he is very young and Monaco has loads of talent in the midfield. Hard to say how much talent he's got, really. Imo we should wait and let him show what he can do during few forthcoming years. No reason to hype, but no reason to think he wouldn't ever make it either - he has subbed at the age of 18 for a quite classy ligue 1 side, and that's already something. Perhaps Philippe knows this guy better?

thank you phillipe! :)

I believe you mean Didi.. :o:)

Anyway' date=' I have something to say:

To cut to the point, I wish to tell all who are reading that I will be devoting much less time and effort to this project than I did up until recently.

As many of you have likely noticed in the past weeks, I have not been updating on weekend action nor any of the data in this thread. The cause of this has been all the football I am playing and the torturous quantities of schoolwork I have to do. I have recently only been able to spend up to a few hours on leisure, most of which I spend on things apart from this thread.

Another factor is the "output" my effort has. The typical scout will not tell you this, but I will: asking for a player's future rating when a clear, updated prediction on it is posted in plain ink, literally, can be quite irritating. It seems that although there are many who do use frequently the data I have posted, there still are a number who do not, which is quite a discouragement, I see more benefit in just answering questions.

Lastly, the French changes will come and go soon, and following it will be a significant stretch of time before the next changes. There is little benefit in analyzing, knowing, and posting data that is nearly useless for such a long duration.

Don't cry, I'll still be here. :P I just mean that I will not be returning to my systematic routine of reviewing every single week of Ligue 1 action and updating Ligue 1 statistics weekly. I will instead be popping in and out to post brief news updates and commentaries and to update the statistics and predictions.

Now, as I will not be here to post videos and review and preview games, I will be leaving the task to [url']http://france.theoffside.com/[/url], which is highly useful in all that it offers. I strongly recommend the site, as I refer to it for others' perspectives. The only thing that you will be missing out on from that site is emphasis on youngsters, so to make up for this I will focus more on discussing players' form, fitness, and development whenever I can.

~The Flipster. :P:D

How is Coutadeur fitting in at Monaco? I see he hasn't played all that many games this season' date=' is that because he is struggling to make the first team?

Thanks. :)[/quote']

The lack of games has been because he joined Monaco very late in the transfer session, after playing the first four matches of the season for Le Mans. Since joining Monaco, he has not missed a single game. However, he seems yet to fit into the team, as his performances so far have not been outstanding (relatively low ratings from L'Equipe).