Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Philippe must take joy of Nice's late victories as well? Ain't that right?

However, the most surprising succesful team this season must be Auxerre. Third at this point with & games won in row in all silence. Jelen and Niculea as strikers? And that's the best part: do they have any other midfields except Pedretti? Sorin starting on goal? Saving penalties? And they're third in ligue 1... something very strange is happening.

It's been indeed splendid for me. :D

I'm actually not very stunned (although still impressed) over Auxerre's success. I remember a few news sources last season stating that they could be coming back this season posing a threat toward the biggest clubs of the league. Still, I can't say that their recovery from their slump during the early stages of the season has been short of astonishing. They could pose an even bigger threat when Licata and Quercia get back in the picture...

I'm actually not very stunned (although still impressed) over Auxerre's success. I remember a few news sources last season stating that they could be coming back this season posing a threat toward the biggest clubs of the league. Still' date=' I can't say that their recovery from their slump during the early stages of the season has been short of astonishing. They could pose an even bigger threat when Licata and Quercia get back in the picture...[/quote']

You're right. I already forgot that they lack two of their better players. When should they be back?

Can anyone help me on these rating predictions??

Mamodou Sakho 87--->88

Mousse Sissoko 86--->88

Michel Bastos 89--->90

Miralem Pjanic 87--->88/89

help appreciated

also if anyone knows anymore good risers please let me know

love to know your response Didi and Phillipe:)

More risers:

Corchia (77--->84/85)

Alberto Costa (84--->85/86)

Monnet-Paquet (83--->84/85)

From Italy:

Sirigu (79--->84/85)

Ranocchia (80--->84/85)

Bonucci (80--->84/85)

Astori (79--->83/84)

Poli (82--->85)

Three minutes into Lyon-Marseille and Pjanic has scored! :D

http://atdhe.net/10378/watch-olympique-lyon-vs-olympique-marseille

..... While I was typing this up, Diawara heads in to level it! :eek: It was an "almost miraculous" save from Lloris, but the post deflected the ball in. 1-1!

In other news, Lille defeated Bordeaux 2-0, and Rennes lost 3-2 against Toulouse.

Edit: GOVOUUUU!!! 2-1!

..... While I was typing this up' date=' Diawara heads in to level it! :eek: It was an "almost miraculous" save from Lloris, but the post deflected the ball in. 1-1!

In other news, Lille defeated Bordeaux 2-0, and Rennes lost 3-2 against Toulouse.

Edit: GOVOUUUU!!! 2-1![/quote']

Lyon Marseille smells like a draw to me.

..... While I was typing this up' date=' Diawara heads in to level it! :eek: It was an "almost miraculous" save from Lloris, but the post deflected the ball in. 1-1!

[/quote']

Boumsong and Bodmer both injured after all, as well as both Reveillere and Clerc. So.. there's slow Cris, too inexperienced Gassama and DM Toulalan in the defense, and the DM:s are Källström and Makoun, both better offensive than defensive imo. Toulalan is excellent in any defensive role, but still I'm sure this will be busier night to Lloris than it seems now. I'm also sure that Lloris would have catched that ball if M'Bia wouldn't have blocked his view. Abriel is one of the positive surprises this year. I can't be the only one who expected him to be mostly a replacement player for l'OM.

Boumsong and Bodmer both injured after all' date=' as well as both Reveillere and Clerc. So.. there's slow Cris, too inexperienced Gassama and DM Toulalan in the defense, and the DM:s are Källström and Makoun, both better offensive than defensive imo. Toulalan is excellent in any defensive role, but still Iäm sure this will be busier night to Lloris than it seems now. I'm also sure that Lloris would have catched that ball if M'Bia wouldn't have blocked his view. Abriel is one of the positive surprises this year. I can't be the only one who expected him to be mostly a replacement player for l'OM.[/quote']

The right-back injury concerns are just like last year's. This time, if Gassama's out (just got injured by Govou accidentally, speak of the devil :rolleyes:), there's no Mensah...

The right-back injury concerns are just like last year's. This time' date=' if Gassama's out (just got injured by Govou accidentally, speak of the devil :rolleyes:), there's no Mensah...[/quote']

Puel would throw Toulalan on right flank and sub Gonalons in as CB. Or that's my guess. Aside of buying a new CB, l'OL should also get rid of both RB's and get some new healthy ones. Don't get me wrong, I like both Reveillere and Clerc very much, but this is second season that l'OL has almost no defenders at all - except at the infirmary.

Puel would throw Toulalan on right flank and sub Gonalons in as CB. Or that's my guess. Aside of buying a new CB' date=' l'OL should also get rid of both RB's and get some new healthy ones. Don't get me wrong, I like both Reveillere and Clerc very much, but this is second season that l'OL has almost no defenders at all - except at the infirmary.[/quote']

For RB - Fanni

For CB - Rami

Lloris has got some oil in his gloves tonight :P

Fact remains that l'OM had about twice as much shots as l'OL. Also more shots against the goal and had ball possession slightly etc. Losing possession is biggest surprise for l'OL, because they have loads of quality midfields. They don't get balls away from l'OM in midfield, all the midfields are attacking. L'OL doesn't look like being overrun, they almost seem to control the match, but really Makoun and Källström can't hold anything back, they lose too many battles on midfield and can't break the game. Toulalan has played a flawless game in defense whereas Cirs makes way too many bad passes for a defender. Toulalan should definitely be in midfield. Toulalan-Bodmer is the DM duo l'OL needs. But if Puel doesn't have defenders, what can he do?

Cheyrou equalizes with a shot that Lloris couldn't stop from rolling over the line after his block.

Halftime... Looks like the only way Marseille can get past the Lyon defense is through set pieces and shots from midfield. So far, they have barely been able to get past Cris and Toulalan with regular plays. In defending, the Lyon midfield doesn't look rock-hard at all without Toulalan, but they're doing well in combining with Lisandro in the attack.

Cheyrou equalizes with a shot that Lloris couldn't stop from rolling over the line after his block.

Halftime... Looks like the only way Marseille can get past the Lyon defense is through set pieces and shots from midfield. So far' date=' they have barely been able to get past Cris and Toulalan with regular plays. In defending, the Lyon midfield doesn't look rock-hard at all without Toulalan, but they're doing well in combining with Lisandro in the attack.[/quote']

Heh, we gave simultaneously slightly different analyses, but pointed out pretty much the same noteworthy thing: OL's defense is surprisingly good (although passing is bad except for Toulalan), but midfield doesn't hold l'OM:s attacks. L'OM can constantly put pressure on OL:s defense and create decent scoring chances.

Cissokho sure is one of the bright spots of l'OL this season (he just reminded me of that with good play). Another is no doubt Pjanic. I still can't see them winning anything without new CB and new RB. Puel should also offload few midfielders just because of having no use of them all.

In any case' date=' Gomis is now on for Ederson, meaning Puel will either shift Kallstrom to the left or Pjanic to the left. Lyon may be able to finally mount some attacks for the first time this half. Marseille have made a great comeback and are really on top of Lyon now...[/quote']

Currently l'OL has a period of good pressure on OM's end. So, something works. I think they go better on the flanks now while Gomis takes some of the OM defense with him in the middle. Plus, Toulalan rises more.