Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Oh man whatta match!!! Now a penalty to OL....

and Lisandro SCORES!!!!!

Huge match, huge match. 4-4 and neither keeper has been bad. Lloris made one flaw, but has made few excellent saves too. Mandanda no flaws but nothing special either really. Good anyway and yet both tems have scored 4 times...

Philippe must take joy of Nice's late victories as well? Ain't that right?

However' date=' the most surprising succesful team this season must be Auxerre. Third at this point with & games won in row in all silence. Jelen and Niculea as strikers? And that's the best part: do they have any other midfields except Pedretti? Sorin starting on goal? Saving penalties? And they're third in ligue 1... something very strange is happening.[/quote']

It's been indeed splendid for me. :D

I'm actually not very stunned (although still impressed) over Auxerre's success. I remember a few news sources last season stating that they could be coming back this season posing a threat toward the biggest clubs of the league. Still, I can't say that their recovery from their slump during the early stages of the season has been short of astonishing. They could pose an even bigger threat when Licata and Quercia get back in the picture...

I'm just taking a Auxeere team in a GC and just wondered if there are any players that I should defo keep or sell

I'm just taking a Auxeere team in a GC and just wondered if there are any players that I should defo keep or sell

First you should check first page of this thread. Then click on Auxerre in first post. Philippe updates his rating predictions quite often.

DSAUOFAJFPOJFOIASJFPOIAJFOIJFA

5-5?!?!

PREPOSTEROUS!!! :eek:

Didi! You jinxed Lyon! TOULALAN SCORED THE OWN GOAL!! :o:p

What! Can't be?! :eek: The guy hasn't scored for some 4 or 5 years and now that he does it it's against his own team.... I still think he played very good match. He was unlucky in that truly chaotic situation. Man what a match. This is football.

Oh, btw, sorry for jinxing... :o

What! Can't be?! :eek: The guy hasn't scored for some 4 or 5 years and now that he does it it's against his own team.... I still think he played very good match. He was unlucky in that truly chaotic situation. Man what a match. This is football.

Oh' date=' btw, sorry for jinxing... :o[/quote']

Agreed... I really can't say anyone had a bad match, even Lloris. Kudos to the ref, though - his decisions were pretty much spot on despite all the factors.

Agreed... I really can't say anyone had a bad match' date=' even Lloris. Kudos to the ref, though - his decisions were pretty much spot on despite all the factors.[/quote']

You're right. Ref was good. And basically everybody played well or at least decently. Match just was intense and crazy stuff happenned. Imo Källström for one was quite bad though. Makoun compensetaed a lot of his bad defending with his good attacking. Källström didn't do that.

Didn't get some of the changes. Why Govou out? Delgado was transparent. Valbuena almost as transparent. Why Cheyrou out? He was very good. Cissé not so. Gomis, Pjanic and Lisandro ran over him quite easily.

Bakary SORO - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

75 -> 80 -> 82/83

I am a tad perplexed - I can't find any games this guy has played in for Lorient yet he is down for a rise - is this just to reflect his club status or is the prediction now outdated? :confused:

Great thread by the way! :)

I believe it is outdated. Philippe had expected 82 according to last season. You could expect decrease back to 78 perhaps. He has few of these there. But I think it is the right way how you're doing this: check prediction and ask if you find it strange.

Bakary SORO - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

75 -> 80 -> 82/83

I am a tad perplexed - I can't find any games this guy has played in for Lorient yet he is down for a rise - is this just to reflect his club status or is the prediction now outdated? :confused:

Great thread by the way! :)

I believe it is outdated. Philippe had expected 82 according to last season. You could expect decrease back to 78 perhaps. He has few of these there. But I think it is the right way how you're doing this: check prediction and ask if you find it strange.

Yes, it is outdated. The highest teams on the standings are the ones that are probably more up to date. I am actually going to be doing an update throughout this week for stats and predictions while SM lag on the reviews. I do think that Soro is going to drop by the way. :)

He will stay. Nice aren't doing well enough for him to rise' date=' although I hope they will. :D[/quote']

On the other hand he has been very good and made it to l'EDF. So, I wouldn't exclude rise to 88. There are 88 rated players in teams lower in the tables than Nice.

Back to yesterday. Must say, that after some lame matches, like Bordeaux lackluster effort in Lille, and another inefficient match by PSG, the OL-OM was a classic. That match really goes to history, a match to remember. And Lisandro played himself into the hearts of OL fans with those two goals (and overall excellent game) in such a match.

Ligue 1 is super tight this season. OM is now 8th, but only 6 points from leaders Bordeaux. And aside of the second placed Lyon, the teams between OM and Bordeaux are the following (in order from top).

Auxerre, Monaco, Lorient, Montpellier, Valenciennes.

Ok. Monaco has really good team, but Valenciennes and Auxerre? And who really believed Lorient to do this well? Or the just promoted Montpellier, although imo Montpellier squad is of really good quality and I rank it higher than Auxerre for example.

Even PSG is only 9 points from the top, and 7 points from place in CL. As is now 14th placed Lille. Is Lille in rise and could they still rearrange the things in the top of the table or are they already out of the battle? Still 26 matches to play, I'd say LOSC has a chance.

OM and PSG, btw, have played one match less than others as their meeting was cancelled due to H1N1. So, even better for them.