Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Richard Dunne has taken a swipe at Le Clown, saying he's "messing up" the France team :D :

Republic of Ireland defender Richard Dunne has launched a blistering attack on France coach Raymond Domenech as their crunch World Cup qualification play-off nears.

Dunne painted Domenech as a hapless man who is "messing up" the France team, who he suggested should have qualified for the World Cup easily given the talent at their disposal.

"Every time a tournament comes round, they [France] have all these world-class players and then a man who seems intent on messing them up," Dunne said in the Guardian.

"Over the last World Cups and European Championships, things have not run smoothly for France; they've always got through but maybe it's time that we put a stop to that.

"And we know that if we can get in front, they probably have not got the man at the top to pull them back around.

"It [Domenech's management] could be a weakness or it could be a big smokescreen; France have played really well in their last few games. But if we can get on top of them and try to turn the game into a battle, we feel we have the stronger personalities."

Domenech's often odd behaviour - not least when he famously proposed to his girlfriend on national television after a France defeat - and his poor record mean he is far from popular at home.

That was borne out this week when he took his players to the Paris Masters tennis tournament, and was booed by the crowd once recognised.

"You can see the reaction of the people at the tennis, when they put his face on the big screen," Dunne added. "The whole place just booed him and his own players laughed at him."

France visit Dublin for the first leg of the qualifier on Saturday before the teams reconvene in Paris on Wednesday.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/11/11/SOCCER_Republic_Dunne.html

Did Gonalons get added to late to have a rise?' date='Also what will happen to Audard of Lorient will he drop or stay?

Thanks[/quote']

Might be too late for Gonalons indeed. But then he'll have huge rise at spring. :)

Can't honestly see any reason why Audard would drop. He has played each and every match, usually been solid and his efforts have been well appreciated too. Lorient has conceded 4th least in ligue 1. 88 might be about the highest he will go, but as Lorientand Audard both do only better than last season not to mention before it, decreasing his rating now would only be incomprehensible and unjust.

Are you going to update this soon because the Frecnh changes are soon and I would like to know if the players I bought are still going up.

Also do you think Ludovic Baal of Le Mans will rise' date=' and if so by how much.

Thanks.[/quote']

He should. He hasn't been the best of players, but he starts each match, and that warrants a rise from 82 to, say, 85. Not higher probably, because Le Mans is second to last in ligue 1 and have conceded the 6th most in whole league. Yet, a chance of 86 or even 87 exists for the spring changes, depending on Le Mans' success (or lack of it, as it is now).

He should. He hasn't been the best of players' date=' but he starts each match, and that warrants a rise from 82 to, say, 85. Not higher probably, because [b']Le Mans is second to last in ligue 1 and have conceded the 6th most in whole league.[/b] Yet, a chance of 86 or even 87 exists for the spring changes, depending on Le Mans' success (or lack of it, as it is now).

That's what happens when your selling your best players (Coutadeur, Romaric, Sessegnon, Gervinho, Basa), the French Portsmouth:D:D

I'm sure people will comment this, lol

I'm looking for a French goalkeeper for my Lyon team who is likely to rise' date=' preferably young. I have around 2mil to spend.

Thanks for any suggestions.[/quote']

Well, Thebaux will probably hit 84/85 in these changes and he's quite young, plus only costs you some hundreds of thousands as he now is rated what, 74. Jourdren might go up to 86 and is now rated 81, and thus he doesn't cost you 2 mil either. Placide will also go up, but not as high as Thebaux. He is, however, perhaps a bigger promise.

That's what happens when your selling your best players (Coutadeur' date=' Romaric, Sessegnon, Gervinho, Basa), the French Portsmouth:D:D[/b']

Well, since you're asking for this, I think they're still way better than Portsmouth (and I'm sure, that if any brittish fans read this thread, they will comment this). You're right though, they've been selling most of their best players. Le Mans still isn't bad. They've got Le Tallec, very good this season, Goulon and Corchia, amongst the best youngsters so far... Cedran is good in defense. All in all it's not bad, but in fact ligue 1 standard today is way higher than what Le Mans is. And it doesn't tell the best of your team when the newly promoted youngsters are your best players (Goulon and Corchia have been excellent, but still you'd expect someone to top that in the team).

With Coutadeur they would have stood a chance, but he left an enormous hole in the team when he left. Still, they can fight to avoid the relegation... only the other presupposedly-fighting-against-relegation teams should stop playing way better than was thought. Yeah, it will be a hard fight for Le Mans. They lack a playmaker and a striker. Le Tallec could be used as CF. He used to play that role when he was a youngster and he scored loads of goals.

Oh, you said earlier that Lyon should buy Fanni. In fact, I think buying Corchia would be the best option at the moment. Trust me (and Philippe), this boy will be huge. He will leave Le Mans soon and I surely hope it is for OL, because that's a top class team, where he can play and develope. Some talking is about Inter and Juve being interested. To him those names sound like a dream, to me they have the sound of a graveyard of talent.

Well' date=' Thebaux will probably hit 84/85 in these changes and he's quite young, plus only costs you some hundreds of thousands as he now is rated what, 74. Jourdren might go up to 86 and is now rated 81, and thus he doesn't cost you 2 mil either. Placide will also go up, but not as high as Thebaux. He is, however, perhaps a bigger promise.[/quote']

Cheers Didi,

I've put in a bid for Thebaux and Placide, unfortunatley Jourdren was just over my budget in my set up (2.5 mil).

I looked up Placide and notice that he is french international under 21 keeper, what are peoples thoughts on him? Will he soon become first choice at his club Le Harve?

Also just put in a bid for Kevin Olimpa as he is so cheap and seems to 1st choice for under 21's, what are his prospects for rising?

Thanks for your help, repped.

That's what happens when your selling your best players (Coutadeur' date=' Romaric, Sessegnon, Gervinho, Basa), the French Portsmouth:D:D[/b']

To be like Portsmouth they would have get their manager to quit for a bigger club, taking the best players with him before getting him in charge so that he quit a second time and again take the cream of the crop.

Redknapp... don't you just love him!

So you are saying that when it stands 3-0 to Genoa and Siena scored two goals in the second half that the match is still not intresting?!

Well, as I said, it's not only about goals and I'm not a big fan of high scoring games. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the Italian football. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny Italy being arguably the biggest all time football country in Europe. It's just that they play as if they were the smallest. Italians, the italian clubs as well as the national team abuse the tactical play and kill the game. I hate that. Amazingly skilled players focus to make it sure that there shall be no football played on the field.

I don't remember seeing any highly interesting game (judged by the performance on the pitch) between two Italian clubs. Most unforgettable Italian match must be the CL final between Juve and Milan few years ago (2003 was it?). I went to see that match on screen with my friend. A true classic it was: the most boring match in CL history. Even the penalties sucked.

Well' date=' since you're asking for this, I think they're still way better than Portsmouth (and I'm sure, that if any brittish fans read this thread, they will comment this). You're right though, they've been selling most of their best players. Le Mans still isn't bad. They've got Le Tallec, very good this season, Goulon and Corchia, amongst the best youngsters so far... Cedran is good in defense. All in all it's not bad, but in fact ligue 1 standard today is way higher than what Le Mans is. And it doesn't tell the best of your team when the newly promoted youngsters are your best players (Goulon and Corchia have been excellent, but still you'd expect someone to top that in the team).

With Coutadeur they would have stood a chance, but he left an enormous hole in the team when he left. Still, they can fight to avoid the relegation... only the other presupposedly-fighting-against-relegation teams should stop playing way better than was thought. Yeah, it will be a hard fight for Le Mans. They lack a playmaker and a striker. Le Tallec could be used as CF. He used to play that role when he was a youngster and he scored loads of goals.

Oh, you said earlier that Lyon should buy Fanni. In fact, I think buying Corchia would be the best option at the moment. Trust me (and Philippe), this boy will be huge. He will leave Le Mans soon and I surely hope it is for OL, because that's a top class team, where he can play and develope. Some talking is about Inter and Juve being interested. To him those names sound like a dream, to me they have the sound of a graveyard of talent.[/quote']

Oh I forgot Corchia, that's why I said Fanni, but I agree with you Corchia would be the better buy.

Well' date=' as I said, it's not only about goals and I'm not a big fan of high scoring games. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the Italian football. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny Italy being arguably the biggest all time football country in Europe. It's just that they play as if they were the smallest. Italians, the italian clubs as well as the national team abuse the tactical play and kill the game. I hate that. Amazingly skilled players focus to make it sure that there shall be no football played on the field.

I don't remember seeing any highly interesting game (judged by the performance on the pitch) between two Italian clubs. Most unforgettable Italian match must be the CL final between Juve and Milan few years ago (2003 was it?). I went to see that match on screen with my friend. A true classic it was: the most boring match in CL history. Even the penalties sucked.[/quote']

The Italian football has changed since then, it's more attacking play than ever before now.

Trust me I follow French football as much as I follow Italian so I don't ''hate'' French football if you thought so.

btw French football wasn't know as very enjoyable matches until a few years ago;)

Mevlüt Erdinç -> I noticed that he has played 6 games out of a possible 12 Ligue 1 games this season.

Is he still woth buying?

What's currently keeping him out of the PSG team?

In the beginning of the season Erdinç was on fire' date=' but then in late August he got injured and was out for a while, you should buy him, he's a really good player and if he dosen't rise now he'll rise in the next changes.[/b']

Mevlüt Erdinç -> I noticed that he has played 6 games out of a possible 12 Ligue 1 games this season.

Is he still woth buying?

What's currently keeping him out of the PSG team?

Injuries. Still no 1 striker for PSG. Don't know if he'll rise now but very likely to rise eventually as he has been excellent when playing.

Cheers Didi' date='

I've put in a bid for Thebaux and Placide, unfortunatley Jourdren was just over my budget in my set up (2.5 mil).

I looked up Placide and notice that he is french international under 21 keeper, what are peoples thoughts on him? Will he soon become first choice at his club Le Harve?

Also just put in a bid for Kevin Olimpa as he is so cheap and seems to 1st choice for under 21's, what are his prospects for rising?

Thanks for your help, repped.[/quote']

Ahmm Placide is the first choice fo Le Havre. As I said, he is a good promise. However, for now I don't believe he will ever be the keeper of l'EDF. The competition is too heavy and most of his competition is still very young. And more talented looking keepers are coming after him in younger generations.

Olimpa should have a little rise. Angers is a small, unsuccesful club, but he has got some starts, which is better than previous season. He has played for les éspoirs, but hasn't been anything sensational in my opinion. Please Philippe, correct me if I'm wrong and Olimpa is spectacular.

Olimpa has so few adult matches so far that hard to say what he is really. Isn't he on loan from Bordeaux? You never know of these Bordeaux youngsters. They don't get to play easily when young, but many of them have shown good potential and when they get to play they might be very mature already and are sort of surprising high level late break throughs. If I'm right he might become the second choice after Carasso when Ramé retires. Same goes for him as for Placide: I don't see him ever playing for French A team, because Lloris and Mandanda are still so young. Few vintages of keepers will be skipped, because Lloris and Mandanda broke through so very young and will keep their place in selection for some 10-15 years from now, especially Lloris.

So it sounds that after the ratings change (when they will hopefully rise) they are probably not worth keeping hold off. I may keep hold Placide to see how he progresses but as I've got the real Lyon keepers anyway I appear to have as you have said got the next 10-15 years wrapped up.

Thanks.

PS Great thread, I've been building a Lyon team based around mainly French players with a few Brazilians and Argentines. I've hopefully got myself half the Le Blues team of the future:

CISSOKHO, Aly

TRAORE Armand

RAMI, Adil

SAKHO, Mamadou

SISSOKO, Moussa

Abou DIABY

M'VILA

GOURCUFF

FEGHOULI

YATABARE, Sambou

GIGNAC

Guillaume HOARAU

Not sure why I'm telling you this, guess I'm just chuffed.;)