Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

I add, that very little spoken Ndinga might see a good increase to his rating thanks to Auxerre being currently 3rd in the ligue 1. He has played most of the matches so far. I am unable to predict it, but he might be a big surprise riser of this round.

Any good risers from 2/3rd division to go to 76+ that could be got in a gc

National doesn't exist in SM. I listed many of those good ligue 2 risers already. Just saw that Roux got his +10. Hope you didn't miss that. He's going to get another +2/3/4 at spring, depending on how this season goes on.

What is going to happen to the ratings of these players ?

Help will be Rewarded ;)

M'bengue-Toulouse

Gassama- Strasbourg

Bocaly-Marseille

Yamgambiwa- Montpellier

Sakho-PSG

Feghouli-Grenoble

Capoue-Toulouse

N'diaye-Nancy

Khazri-Bastia

Andre-Ajaccio

Bodebouz-Sochaux

Modeste-Nice

Nimani-Monaco

Monnet-Pacquet-Lens

Kemba-Ekoko-Rennes

Ait Fana- Montpellier Sorry to be a pest :P

What is going to happen to the ratings of these players ?

Help will be Rewarded ;)

M'bengue-Toulouse

Gassama- Strasbourg

Bocaly-Marseille

Yamgambiwa- Montpellier

Sakho-PSG

Feghouli-Grenoble

Capoue-Toulouse

N'diaye-Nancy

Khazri-Bastia

Andre-Ajaccio

Bodebouz-Sochaux

Modeste-Nice

Nimani-Monaco

Monnet-Pacquet-Lens

Kemba-Ekoko-Rennes

Ait Fana- Montpellier Sorry to be a pest :P

Most will change little or not at all. Sakho→88, Feghouli→85/86, Boudebouz→83/84, Capoue→87/88, M'Bengue→87/88, Monnet-Paquet→85/84, Ait-Fana→83/84.

The rest are likely to stay or drop slightly.

Now, Khazri already changed, and I make a question of this:

He rose by 4 to 82. On what basis? 18-year-old forward plays in the bottom of ligue 2 Bastia, that is about to be relegated to National. He has played very nice 943 minutes, but has a miserable scoring record for an forward: 0 goals in 11 starts and 2 subs. He leads his team in one category though, in yellow cards: he has collected amazing 5 of them. Before this season he played in 13 matches last season, scoring 3 goals. That's all.

82 on that basis, when league leading scorer Giroud went from 80 to 83 while playing for a Tours, who are fighting for a promotion, and well scoring Roux only went to 80, and most importantly, Bastia's outstanding star player, winger Gaffory went to 80 with 1083 minutes, 5 goals and 3 yellow cards. Also to mention is that this is already fourth season to Gaffory, so he has in fact been around for a longer time.

I honestly expected 82 for Gaffory and 79/80 for Khazri. Khazri is promising player, only 18-year-old. But he is just that. Just because he is very young and has only just become a professional doesn't mean he should be given higher ratings than players who play more and better than him in the same club.

I can't stress this too much: 82 is a huge rating for a striker of a bottom of ligue 2 club. Usually, after playing few seasons as regular starters for a mid table club the players get 82 - unless of course if they have been very good, in which case they will rise faster and to higher ratings. But in no case a guy, who just becomes a regular starter for a bottom of the league club without doing anything special gets directly a 82. Andre, the best rated field player of Bastia, has a rating of 83 after being one of the ligue 2's best players for years.

Most will change little or not at all. Sakho→88' date=' Feghouli→85/86, Boudebouz→83/84, Capoue→87/88, M'Bengue→87/88, Monnet-Paquet→85/84, Ait-Fana→83/84.

The rest are likely to stay or drop slightly.

Now, Khazri already changed, and I make a question of this:

He rose by 4 to 82. On what basis? 18-year-old forward plays in the bottom of ligue 2 Bastia, that is about to be relegated to National. He has played very nice 943 minutes, but has a miserable scoring record for an forward: 0 goals in 11 starts and 2 subs. He leads his team in one category though, in yellow cards: he has collected amazing 5 of them. Before this season he played in 13 matches last season, scoring 3 goals. That's all.

82 on that basis, when league leading scorer Giroud went from 80 to 83 while playing for a Tours, who are fighting for a promotion, and well scoring Roux only went to 80, and most importantly, Bastia's outstanding star playe, winger Gaffory went to 80 with 1083 minutes, 5 goals and 3 yellow cards. Also to mention is that this is already fourth season to Gaffory, so he has in fact been around for a longer time.

I honestly expected 82 for Gaffory and 79/80 for Khazri. Khazri is promising player, only 18-year-old. But he is just that. Just because he is very young and has only just become a professional doesn't mean he should be given higher ratings than players who play more and better than him in the same club.

I can't stress this too much: 82 is a huge rating for a striker of a bottom of ligue 2 club. Usually, after playing few seasons as regular starters for a mid table club the players get 82 - unless of course if they have been very goos, in which case they will rise faster and to higher ratings. But in no case a guy, who just becomes a regular starter for a bottom of the league club without doing anything special gets directly a 82. Andre, the best rated field player of Bastia, has a rating of 83 after being one of the ligue 2's best players for years.[/quote']

Thanks alot Didi ;):D

Thanks alot Didi ;):D

Now that I have posted this rating change list I doubt M'Bengue having chances to direct rise to 88.... 87 is more likely and don't be hugely disappointed if it will only be 86. He has been good though. What does Philippe think? Any other opinions?

It could be more like this in TFC:

Gignac 90/91.

Sissoko 89/88 (selected to l'EDF and great performances in ligue 1)

Capoue 87/88

M'Bengue 87/86

Toulouse is currently already 9th only 7 points from Bordeaux and thus even the higher predictions could be correct.

Starting lineup against Irland:

Lloris - Sagna, Gallas, Abidal, Evra - A. Diarra, L. Diarra - Anelka, Gourcuff, Henry - Gignac.

Toulalan is still slightly injured. Anelka is still of no worth on right flank. Still, France should make it against Irland. I don't want to insult the fans of Ireland, it is no doubt an excellent team, but to be honest, none of the players would make it to l'EDF. Thus, France really should win this with any lineup. If not, it is going all wrong. Now, I'm not saying I'm sure France wins it, lately many things have gone wrong with l'EDF and currently it may happen that Ireland plays better, who knows. I'm only saying, that Ireland would stand no chance against France at its best.

Now that I have posted this rating change list I doubt M'Bengue having chances to direct rise to 88.... 87 is more likely and don't be hugely disappointed if it will only be 86. He has been good though. What does Philippe think? Any other opinions?

It could be more like this in TFC:

Gignac 90/91.

Sissoko 89/88 (selected to l'EDF and great performances in ligue 1)

Capoue 87/88

M'Bengue 87/86

Toulouse is currently already 9th only 7 points from Bordeaux and thus even the higher predictions could be correct.

I'll put my money on conservatism and guess:

Gignac 90

Sissoko 89

Capoue 87

M'Bengue 86

I agree over the first three' date=' but I think M'Bengue has a slightly higher chance of 87 than 86.[/quote']

Would you not put Sissoko to 88 considering Toulouse's less than impressive overall league record? Or factorign in National Team Performances does he deserve an 89?

Thanks. :)

I'll put my money on conservatism and guess:

Gignac 90

Sissoko 89

Capoue 87

M'Bengue 86

May well happen just as you predict. TFC hasn't been enormous this season. Imo conservative would be giving Sissoko a 88 though. Although some suggest he has a chance to 90, I doubt this very much. He has only recently started his professional career and wont go anywhere over 89 in TFC before spring changes. The we'll see again. Perhaps he then has more national selections and has continued his amazing form for a longer time to show that it's his real level that he can keep with consistency and not just a superb peak that will soon be over.

Would you not put Sissoko to 88 considering Toulouse's less than impressive overall league record? Or factorign in National Team Performances does he deserve an 89?

Thanks. :)

TFC has turned to better lately and I think it's Sissoko being the inarguable MVP so far that makes us think he has chaances to 89. But I agree that 88 might be what happens.

I'm very disappointed with SM's lack of consistency.

Romain Hamouma and Yacine Brahimi were only lately added to the database. I myself was one who asked to add Hamouma. Now, both of them have only lately broken through and play in clubs of relatively similar level (difference of 4 points in advantage of Hamouma's Laval). Neither plays each match, but both have played most of the season. Hamouma has scored 5 goals, although I think 3 of them before being added. Yet there's a wide agreement that Brahimi, the skilled play maker of Clermont, has been at least as impressive.

Now, with Brahimi, there was the effective conservativism: he was not raised to amongst the starters of Clermont but left to rating of 79 with very conservative increase of 2 points. Only 11 of 26 players of the club are rated lower than that.

With Hamouma the conservativism was forgotten: he went directly to 82, which means that only 3 players are rated higher than him in the club, all experienced players.

Either all the changes should go accordingly to players rle in the club, or the rule of conservative change should apply to all of them. Now it doesn't happen, which makes it very hard to predict te changes. As Hamouma was added with rating of 78, I didn't buy him at all because I expected him to stay there or rise by one or two at most. Just like Brahimi. With Hamouma there was however huge exception and we can't expect him to rise anymore at the spring, he got it all at once.

Hamouma alos just recently came from lower division club to sign his first professional contract with Laval. His form has been a huge, very unexpected surprise. Brahimi is on loan from ligue 1 side and has ever been regular for French National team's of his age class. This makes the exceptional non-conservativism with Hamouma even more disputable.

If Hamouma can have this treatment after being recently added, then we can only expect that there's no conservativist hold back with ratings of Tabanou and Le Marchand either. They have both been added before Hamouma (I know, I asked to add them as well) and have played about as much and been very impressive (especially Tabanou) but in higher rated clubs. So, Le Marchand should get 82 annd Tabanou 84. Also no holding back for Nogueira and Goulon should happen.

Again, I reming you of amazing Khazri case. Should Nogueira, Le Marchand, Goulon, Corchia, Tabanou, Devaux or anybody like them be left lower than Khazri (82), who plays as regularly for the bottom of the ligue 2 club Bastia, it would be absolutely unfair. In fact, I bring on one more example: only bright spot in currently second to last - but previously, and still quite highly rated - Strasbourg has been the 19-yo French U21 striker Gueye, who has scored 6 goals so far. He got rise only to 80. Why didn't he go to 82 at least too???? Where's the consistency?

RE: Montpellier GKs

(1) Any word on how Johan Carrasso is doing recovering from his knee reconstruction ? or is it still just to early to tell...?

(2) Any reason to think that Geoffrey Jourdren won't be able to keep his spot if Carasso does make it back? I haven't seen J. Carrasso play. Is he considered to be hands-down better than Jourdren?

RE: Montpellier GKs

(1) Any word on how Johan Carrasso is doing recovering from his knee reconstruction ? or is it still just to early to tell...?

(2) Any reason to think that Geoffrey Jourdren won't be able to keep his spot if Carasso does make it back? I haven't seen J. Carrasso play. Is he considered to be hands-down better than Jourdren?

This is very interesting question indeed, that you're asking. Jourdren was no 1 07/08 before he got injured last season. Then Carrasso got his chance while Jourdren was away last season and took advantage of it and was able to keep his place. Now Carrasso is injured and Jourdren has been very good.

I think Carasso will have hard time to make it back to starter, because Montpellier is doing so well. Both of tem have been French youth keepers. There's no way Carrasso is considered "hands-down better" than Jourdren, as you put it. He must fight for his place but it remains to be seen if he'll get chance.

I keep on with my rating changes rant. Corchia was added already last season and he has been perhaps the best player of Le Mans. Le Mans top players are rated at 88. Should he get a Khazri/Hamouma -treatment, he should go directly to 87/88 in these changes. Even to 88, because Hamouma, for example, was only added lately, whereas Corchia is already "vet like Dan Marino". ;)

We could be expecting some very juivy rises here, if we were only looking at Khazri and Hamouma. However, taking a look at other, not so optimistically increased ratings (Gaffory, Gueye, Brahimi, Pichot, etc.) leaves us with less optimism and a fear of seeing players like Goulon and Corchia being rated not much higher than Khazri (and I have nothing against Khazri, his rating just isn't realistic).