Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

what is Laurent KOSCIELNY nx rating?

Up to 88, no higher, can in fact stay in 87, but shouldn't, since he is quite commonly appreciated as the best CB in ligue 1 this season, or at least one of the 3 best. Of course, I'm not saying that he absolutely is the best cb playing in the league at his current level, but that this season, his performances have been widely rated better than pretty much any others (competition only by Planus, Rami, Diawara, and the two latter have lacked some consistency, being really bad in some matches, despite of being great most of the time).

What will Gregory Sertic rise to? currently rated 80 and he's made 5 appearances this season in the league and 2 in the champions league' date=' if the stats im reading are right, what should i expect him to get?[/quote']

As long as he doesn't play much, he can't really rise a lot either. But longer the season goes, more he'll play, I assume, mostly because the others will be worn out or injured more often. There are just too many games.

As long as he doesn't play much' date=' he can't really rise a lot either. But longer the season goes, more he'll play, I assume, mostly because the others will be worn out or injured more often. There are just too many games.[/quote']

Will he rise to about 83? Thats what i think he could get, but the french ratings are ages away so it depends how he does from now till then.

Will he rise to about 83? Thats what i think he could get' date=' but the french ratings are ages away so it depends how he does from now till then.[/quote']

I think he will get more games from now to they review the French ratings next time, especially with Alou Diarra being injured currently. I would say that he should rise to 84 or 83.

I think he will get more games from now to they review the French ratings next time' date=' especially with Alou Diarra being injured currently. I would say that he should rise to 84 or 83.[/quote']

Brilliant! Is he one for the future? I think i heard someone saying big things about him awhile back? When will france be reviewed? I really haven't got a clue...

I don't know when France will be reviewed' date=' but definately keep him;)[/quote']

Possible future 90? Playing for a good club, if he gets 84 he won't be far off a 90, and if Gourcuff ever moved on he could get alot of first team football. This is a big question i know, but is it possible? :)

Possible future 90? Playing for a good club' date=' if he gets 84 he won't be far off a 90, and if Gourcuff ever moved on he could get alot of first team football. This is a big question i know, but is it possible? :)[/quote']

Possible 90? Yes!

Sertic can play all over the midfield really. He could easily take Gourcuff's position in the team in the future if he keeps improving and gets some routine. I really belive this guy will become big.

Will he rise to about 83? Thats what i think he could get' date=' but the french ratings are ages away so it depends how he does from now till then.[/quote']

It's hard to tel at this point. It's all about whether he gets games or not. He is brilliant, but I suppose that with this frequency of playing 83 is the top for him now. Unless SM realy values his level first and/or if Bordeaux's ratings are about to rise generally as they should. I mean, he's great whenever he plays ans Bordeaux is one of the bigger clubs at the moment.

Possible 90? Yes!

Sertic can play all over the midfield really. He could easily take Gourcuff's position in the team in the future if he keeps improving and gets some routine. I really belive this guy will become big.

Brilliant!! i have him on my Peterborough squad in EC5579, so at least i know i've done one bit of business along the line, if he can play anywhere in midfielder could he have a change in position?

Possible future 90? Playing for a good club' date=' if he gets 84 he won't be far off a 90, and if Gourcuff ever moved on he could get alot of first team football. This is a big question i know, but is it possible? :)[/quote']

Possible future 90? Do you even doubt that? What we've seen of him, he is possible future Ballon d'Or winner.

Ok, lets moderate a bit. By possible, I don't mean probable, I only mean I think even that level is possible for him. I do consider, however, that he is very likely to play for France in future. He is sort of riberyesque player by his style, in my opinion. Or what I've seen. Very skilled boy.

And if you wonder why he doesn't already start then, this is the wise way to do it with the kids: don't make them play too much too early, give them some time to develope, and in the end, they'll be better than they would have been if you put the mon field in every match since their teenage years. Plus, Blanc of course values, that at the moment, he can rely better on Wendel Gourcuff and Plasil, who are not an easy trio to surpass. However, I do think that when Sertic plays he usually is better than the older midfields and thus, purely based on performances, he should be a starter. Then again, it's easier to shine in the end minutes when others are tired and you come on field all fresh... it's not that simple thing to value who really is better out there.

Brilliant!! i have him on my Peterborough squad in EC5579' date=' so at least i know i've done one bit of business along the line, if he can play anywhere in midfielder could he have a change in position?[/quote']

It will stick to AM/wing, I'm quite sure. That's what he plays. He can play both flanks and is brilliant with both feet, but I sort of sense he enjoys most playing in the middle.

I think he will get more games from now to they review the French ratings next time' date=' especially with Alou Diarra being injured currently. I would say that he should rise to 84 or 83.[/quote']

Diarra argument doesn't really work. First, he should be back soon. Second, Balnc won't throw Sertic to DM position, he plays Fernando and Sané. Of course, if you suppose that Blanc would pair Fernando and Gourcuff as DM:s - interesting two play making DMs choice that would be - then, of course, there would be one place up on the midfield, but I suppose it would be Plasil in the middle and Gouffran on the flank, or Bellion or Jussie in the middle, more often. Or, in fact, Blanc could go back to diamond and have Fernando as the lonely DM. I only see Sertic getting more time on field if some of the attacking midfielders get injured and/or when the regulars get fatigued due to tight schedule, like they're likely to get now. He could well even start next match, as Bordeaux has played a lot lately.

Diarra argument doesn't really work. First' date=' he should be back soon. Second, Balnc won't throw Sertic to DM position, he plays Fernando and Sané. Of course, if you suppose that Blanc would pair Fernando and Gourcuff as DM:s - interesting two play making DMs choice that would be - then, of course, there would be one place up on the midfield, but I suppose it would be Plasil in the middle and Gouffran on the flank, or Bellion or Jussie in the middle, more often. Or, in fact, Blanc could go back to diamond and have Fernando as the lonely DM. I only see Sertic getting more time on field if some of the attacking midfielders get injured and/or when the regulars get fatigued due to tight schedule, like they're likely to get now. He could well even start next match, as Bordeaux has played a lot lately.[/quote']

I really ain't the biggest fan of Fernando and I would like to see Plasil alongside Sané while Diarra is injured. And then Sertic on the right, Wendel on the left and Gourcuff in the middle right behind Chamakh. I'm not sure though if Blanc is brave enough to do this, but I hope atleast he gives it a try against lower clubs like for example Le Mans in order to rest Diarra against Montpellier the weekend after, and if Sertic does well which I think he will, who knows...

I really ain't the biggest fan of Fernando and I would like to see Plasil alongside Sané while Diarra is injured. And then Sertic on the right' date=' Wendel on the left and Gourcuff in the middle right behind Chamakh. I'm not sure though if Blanc is brave enough to do this, but I hope atleast he gives it a try against lower clubs like for example Le Mans in order to rest Diarra against Montpellier the weekend after, and if Sertic does well which I think he will, who knows...[/quote']

I'm not biggest fan of Fernando either, but he does a good job as an offensive minded DM. I doubt, I really doubt Plasil-Sané would work. To me it sounds like hard time to keep the ball to our own team and lots of goals in own end.

I trust Blanc and I do think he does right thing with Sertic. Boy seems to deserve more time, he is so good, but then again the others play well too and he is still young and could be spoiled if he was overused now. Quite surely Sertic will, once again, give some rest to Wendel and Gourcuff by replacing one of them in some matches. Possibly against Le Mans. Gouffran and Plasil rotate on right and Diarra is given rest by Sané who seems to be fine.

Btw, Gourcuff was good again tonight. Which is nice.

I'm watching drogba play' date=' and my god what a player. Is there another drogba-esque player plying his trade in France? Obvious choice would be chamakh, but do you know any others who have the same potential drogba had when he was at marseille?[/quote']

Gignac, Hoarau, Erdinc and Asamoah Gyan, on top of my head:)

Gignac' date=' Hoarau, Erdinc and Asamoah Gyan, on top of my head:)[/quote']

I really don't believe Hoarau or even perhaps Erding having that potential. However, I would say: Niang. He is drogbaesque.

Oh, Rémy is real good too. And Lisandro, needless to say. Although perhaps way more versatile than Drogba. I have to say, Lisandro often makes me think the same thing: my god what a player.

I really don't believe Hoarau or even perhaps Erding having that potential. However' date=' I would say: Niang. He is drogbaesque.

Oh, Rémy is real good too. And Lisandro, needless to say. Although perhaps way more versatile than Drogba. I have to say, Lisandro often makes me think the same thing: my god what a player.[/quote']

Yeah, Lisandro is a great player, the best forward in Ligue 1, I really can't believe he isn't in the Argentinian squad (Maradona:rolleyes:), players like Lisandro, J.Zanetti, Cambiasso, Diego Milito aren't even on the bench for Argentina thanks to Maradona:mad:

Maybe Hoarau won't become as good as Drogba, but Erdinc will be a top class player in my opinion. I really liked him when he played in Sochaux and since the move to PSG, he hasn't done anything worse.

Niang is awesome, no doubt. The age though is a problem. I can't see him leaving Marseille beacuse he is really comitted to the club and is their leader and captain. If he would have moved from them, he would have done it last summer or the summer before. I like him, but it's to late now for his career to ever make it on Drogbas level.

Rémy is also very good. I hope he moves to a bigger club for the next season. The problem is where? Rémy can play as centre forward and a winger. Lyon already got Lisandro, Bastos, Delgado, Gomis and Govou at those positions. Marseille has already Niang, Ben Arfa, Valbuena, Brandao and Koné. Bordeaux already got Jussiê, Chamakh, Gouffran, Wendel. If I had to chose a club for Rémy, it would be Bordeaux. Chamakh will move this summer as everyone know, and Rémy is better than the other Bordeaux players mentioned. And Bordeaux plays most often 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. I would like to see Rémy be the right winger in both formations and I would like to see Gignac join Bordeaux, that would be a move to the right direction in my opinion.