The template for the perfect team?

You're the manager. You have the choice of choosing the nationalities of the players you want in various positions, but don't have any names of players you'll get. What will you choose?

It's clear that certain countries produce an abundance of great players in certain positions - over the years Brazil have produced numerous quality WBs, the Dutch some amazing CFs, the Spanish numerous playmakers, etc. So who would you go for?

Full backs: Would you go with the solidity that Italian fullbacks provide - perhaps a better option for 4-4-2. Or perhaps go for the attacking abilities brought by Brazilian wing-backs (perhaps more suited to a 3-5-2

Centre-backs: Italian composure, German reliability or the all action approach of the English

Midfield: The flare of Portuguese wingers, game breaking ability of the French DMs and those of some of the African content, playmaking of Spanish/Italian/Agentinian or Dutch flair?

Strikers/Forwards: 2 out and out clinical Dutch strikers, an Argentinian/Brazilian support striker, Spanish finishers?

Here's two templates:

The 4-4-2:

..............................Scottish/Croatian (GK).........................

Italian (FB)........English (CB).........English (CB).........Italian (FB)

Portuguese (W)........Ghanaian (CM)......French (CM)......Poruguese (W)

.......................................Argentinian (F)...............................

......................................Dutch (CF)......................................

The 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2 depending on your view)

...................................Scottish/Croatian (GK)...........................

......................................German (Sw).....................................

................Italian (CB)..................................Italian (CB)............

Brazilian (WB)......................French (DM).........................Brazilian (WB)

..........................Dutch (CM).................Dutch (CM)....................

........................Argnetinian (CF)...........Spanish (CF)..................

Let's see what you can come up with and stimulate some discussion about the nationality which best represents various positions on the football field :)

Re: The template for the perfect team?

ok Mine is like this

GK - Spain [any where but ENGLAND! Lol]

RB - Brazil

LB - French

CB - England

CB - England

RM - Portugal

LM - Portugal

CM - Spain

CM - Spain

CF - Spain

CF - Holland

GK -

Spain ae Great Keepers for Example Cassilas and even Pepe Reina one of the greatest Goal Keepers to walk the earth aint in the team!

CB - England Have Great Centre Backs for Example theyve had Des Walker Terry Butcher John Terry Rio Ferdinand Jamie Caragher and Wes Brown [Kinda]

RB - Brazil are attacking and i like Attacking Full Backs

LB - France have Patrice Evra who is also Very Attacking and i Enjoy the Football Attacking Wing Backs Use

Wingers - Portugal Have had The Likes of

Simao, FIGO!, Ronaldo, Nani, Querasma! and More possibly the greatest Country For Wingers? Figo has had a Great Career and is Possibly one of The Greatest Wingers Ever

Central Middfielders - Spain! Xavi Iniesta Francesc Fabregas and Marcos Senna also Have Xabi Alonso who is another Great so i think theyre Possibly the Greatest Team For Centre Mids

Forwards - Spain They Have Fernando Torres and David Villa 2 Great Strikers who would get in any Team

Holland they also have had Great Forwards and Ruud Van Nistlerooy and Roy Maakay are Just 2 of them and if you class Kuyt and Babel as Forwards...

4-5-1

Spanish (GK)

Brazilian (LB) Italian (CB) Dutch (RB)

Portuguese (W) Argentinian (CM) Spanish (CM) Portuguese (W)

Dutch (AM)

Brazilian (CF) Brazilian (CF)

Spain have produced top quality keepers of late such as Casillas, Valdes, Reina, Canizares, Palop etc.

Brazil and the Netherlands produce a lot of quality full backs that have skill, pace and trickery but also know how to defend when necessary. Examples would be Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Emanuelson, Van Brockhorst and Alves.

We all know of Italy's boring defensive tactics but at the end of the day one of these centre backs in your side and it's a huge bonus. Cannavaro, Nesta and Chiellini are good examples.

I chose Portuguese wingers for the same reason as Italian centre backs. They are the best of their position and any team who has one is sure to do well down the flanks. Nani, Ronaldo, Quaresma, Simao and Figo are prime examples.

I picked Spanish and Argentinian central midfielders for what they add to my team. Spanish midfielders hold it together and love to keep possession of the ball but can also run at you and play killer balls to the striker. Examples include Fabregas, Senna, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso and Raul Garcia. Argentines are some of the best passers in the world. Remember that goal vs Serbia and Montenegro? Pure class. Mashcerano, Cambiasso and Tissone are examples.

I picked a Dutch attacking midfielder for their slick movement and passing. Van Der Vaart is an excellent example as is Sniejder.

Finally, a Brazilian forward. Many legends that have come and gone are Brazilian forwards and they score goals for fun and can take the footballing world by storm. Ronaldinho, Pele, Romario, Ronaldo, Robinho, Fabiano, Jo, Vagner Love and Pato are excellent examples of these

My team would have to be:

Goal keeper = Definitely Spain (Reina and Casillas)

Left Back = German (just because of Lahm)

Centre back = Spain

Centre back = Italy

Right back = Brazilian (Dani Alves and Maicon... what a choice !)

Right wing = Portuguese

Centre midfield = Spain

Centre Midfield = Spain

Left Wing = Portuguese

AM/supporting striker = English (Gerrard)

Striker = Spain

4-4-2 (supporting striker)

thats my team :D

4-5-1

Spanish (GK)

Brazilian (LB) Italian (CB) Dutch (RB)

Portuguese (W) Argentinian (CM) Spanish (CM) Portuguese (W)

Dutch (AM)

Brazilian (CF)

Spain have produced top quality keepers of late such as Casillas' date=' Valdes, Reina, Canizares, Palop etc.

Brazil and the Netherlands produce a lot of quality full backs that have skill, pace and trickery but also know how to defend when necessary. Examples would be Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Emanuelson, Van Brockhorst and Alves.

We all know of Italy's boring defensive tactics but at the end of the day one of these centre backs in your side and it's a huge bonus. Cannavaro, Nesta and Chiellini are good examples.

I chose Portuguese wingers for the same reason as Italian centre backs. They are the best of their position and any team who has one is sure to do well down the flanks. Nani, Ronaldo, Quaresma, Simao and Figo are prime examples.

I picked Spanish and Argentinian central midfielders for what they add to my team. Spanish midfielders hold it together and love to keep possession of the ball but can also run at you and play killer balls to the striker. Examples include Fabregas, Senna, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso and Raul Garcia. Argentines are some of the best passers in the world. Remember that goal vs Serbia and Montenegro? Pure class. Mashcerano, Cambiasso and Tissone are examples.

I picked a Dutch attacking midfielder for their slick movement and passing. Van Der Vaart is an excellent example as is Sniejder.

Finally, a Brazilian forward. Many legends that have come and gone are Brazilian forwards and they score goals for fun and can take the footballing world by storm. Ronaldinho, Pele, Romario, Ronaldo, Robinho, Fabiano, Jo, Vagner Love and Pato are excellent examples of these[/quote']

Aint that 3-4-1-1, 9 outfield players? :P

..............................Scottish.......... (GK).........................

Italian (FB)........English (CB).........serbian(CB).........french (FB)

Portuguese (W).......brazilian(CM)......French (CM)......dutch (W)

.......................................Argentinian (F)...............................

......................................african (CF)......................................