January Transfer Window: Deals

Burrow27

Re: January Transfer Window: Deals

Liverpool want-away Robbie Keane is set to snub Tottenham in favour of a return to Leeds! :eek:

On a more serious note, I've just come in the door, turned on SSN, and :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jesus!

(NB, most of these have probably been mentioned already, but these are just what I've seen)

Jo -> Everton (Loan)

Given -> Man City (FFS! What's Hart going to do!! There goes England's best hope...)

R. Taylor -> Newcastle

N'Zogbia -> Wigan

Nearly completed:

Arshavin -> Arsenal

Quaresma - Tottenham (Loan)

And that's just the main ones. Stoke and WBA have been busy, Portsmouth have signed Gekas and trying to get his Greek counterpart Basinas, etc...

As for Leeds... signed a trialist and released a veteran. :rolleyes::(

What a deadline day :eek:

Robbie Keane and Arshavin past medicals and Arsenal and Zenit have agreed a fee for Arshavin..

Can't wait to see him in the prem..

Have just seen Chelsea are looking to hi-jack bid for Quaresma which I can see happening as we need a good winger and hes not done well at Inter..

I'm glued to SSN..

Why has the Arshvin deal not callapsed???

I know teams have been allowed to extend the deadline but only if they can 100% prove the weather has delayed the transfer.

Arshvin has been waiting ALL day for his medical because the clubs couldnt agree terms, so thats hardly the weather.

so surely 5:40pm, deal still not agreed.......

I would like Arsenal to sign him as I love watching Arsenal and he should fit right in, I just find it wierd

Guest King Kolo

Fulham have confirmed the loan signing of midfielder Olivier Dacourt from Inter Milan until the end of the season.

Palace signed Claude Davis from Derby for the rest of the season...

Come on Liverpool!!! Should have atleast given him a chance to prove himself:)

you know whats worse....

IF Liverpool did keep up with Man Utd and it went down to the final match, We have Spurs lol

Rafa better have known this (I know I bloody did) and put something in the deal were he cant play against us this season, otherwise hes a plonker.

Why has the Arshvin deal not callapsed???

I know teams have been allowed to extend the deadline but only if they can 100% prove the weather has delayed the transfer.

Arshvin has been waiting ALL day for his medical because the clubs couldnt agree terms' date=' so thats hardly the weather.

so surely 5:40pm, deal still not agreed.......

I would like Arsenal to sign him as I love watching Arsenal and he should fit right in, I just find it wierd[/quote']

He has passed his medical though :confused:

I hope he signs..

Also hope chelsea get Quaresma which I think we will great loan signing..

Keane rejoins suprs .......... :s well done Rafa :o

Michael Chopra rejoins Cardiff on loan till the end of the season.

Birmingham have extended Scott Sinclair's loan spell from Chelsea until the end of the season. :)

I wonder whats going to happen to Quaresma. I really hope he joins Chelsea or Spurs on loan. I can't believe that Jose left him out of his CL squad. :mad:

Keane rejoins suprs .......... :s well done Rafa :o

Why are you blaming Rafa? He never intended to sign Keane in the first place. He never asked for Keane to be signed. He was never interested in Keane. The owners took over, and signed Keane themselves - Its not Rafas Fault.

Now i dont know if Rafa has signed his new contract, but he asked he wanted to control the comings and goings of players, and have more say on who to sign etc =/

The people you should be blaming is the Liverpool owners. Not Rafa.

Why are you blaming Rafa? He never intended to sign Keane in the first place. He never asked for Keane to be signed. He was never interested in Keane. The owners took over' date=' and signed Keane themselves - Its not Rafas Fault.

Now i dont know if Rafa has signed his new contract, but he asked he wanted to control the comings and goings of players, and have more say on who to sign etc =/

The people you should be blaming is the Liverpool owners. Not Rafa.[/quote']

Whether he wanted to sign Keane is besides the point........

I cannot grasp Rafa's intelligence' date=' or lack of it. Liverpool are challenging for the Premiership AND the Champions League, so what does he do......sell Keane, leaving just ONE class striker. :confused:

If Torres gets injured again, who will we have.......N'Gog :rolleyes:.

Just great.[/quote']

This is what my comment means.....well said Richard :)

Regardless of who is to blame, Liverpool now only have one class striker. They could have attempted to buy someone else.

I think Liverpool will end up regretting this.

Why are you blaming Rafa? He never intended to sign Keane in the first place. He never asked for Keane to be signed. He was never interested in Keane. The owners took over' date=' and signed Keane themselves - Its not Rafas Fault.

The people you should be blaming is the Liverpool owners. Not Rafa.[/quote']

Regardless of who is to blame' date=' Liverpool now only have one class striker. They could have attempted to buy someone else.

I think Liverpool will end up regretting this.[/quote']

Still if Rafa had more control, Keane wouldnt of signed in the first place.

And then they wont be in this mess.

Stupid owners.

:]

Arsenal 'fail' in bid to sign Andrei Arshavin

After a transfer deadline day of rumour and counter-rumour, Arsenal may have failed in their bid to sign Russia international Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg.

The long-awaited deal had appeared to be settled when it was reported that Arshavin had passed a medical and agreed personal terms after the clubs had settled on a transfer fee.

However, after the 5pm deadline passed, news agencies reported that the deal had collapsed, with questions marks over the fee and the amount of compensation Zenit would be paid for allowing Arshavin to break his four-year contract.

"I can confirm that the deal is definitely off," Zenit spokesman Alexei Petrov told Reuters in a report filed at 5.44pm GMT.

Yesterday the 27-year-old Russian striker arrived, by private jet, for talks with Arsenal officials. But his financial demands had been a constant sticking point, with reports that Arshavin wanted double the money Arsenal had offered.

Manager Arsene Wenger maintained all along that he would not break the club's wage structure. Last week he said: "The players who come in here will be a on a wages structure - or they do not come in."

The collapse of the deal means that Arsenal have failed to make any acquisitions during the transfer window, their only activity having been the loaning out of several junior squad members to various Football League clubs.

Wenger maintained that the signing of Arshavin would not the be all and end all to his season, though Saturday's goalless draw with West Ham, at the Emirates Stadium, suggested that, with key players missing, he needed to strengthen his squad.

Wenger had also warned fans against expecting too much of their club's new signing.

“We don’t need an instant saviour. And I don’t believe in instant saviours. People always want a wonder man, but I don’t believe in that, I believe we have to keep going, and accept that the expectation level on him would be very high if he joins us. But if he doesn’t join us I am not more pessimistic.

“We have as well not to go overboard with the crisis we face. Let’s judge our team at the end of the season.”

Wenger last week outlined why he had gone to such great pains in his efforts to capture Arshavin.

"He's a guy who can go past people in the final third," Wenger said. "He can have the key, individually and collectively.

"He is an experienced player, 27, a good age and we are a very young side. We will not have Fabregas in the next six to eight weeks, we will not have Walcott in the next five weeks, Rosicky in the next eight weeks.

"You can see with the replay of the FA Cup we have the desire to do well in every competition and one more body could help us."

Zenit Spokesman: Arshavin Will Not Join Arsenal, Club Statement Expected In An Hour

It would appear that the seemingly interminable saga surrounding the potential move of Andrei Arshavin from Russian outfit Zenit St. Petersburg to Arsenal today has hit one more snag, as Arsenal fans and probably the rest of the world wait impatiently to find out whether the playmaker will become a Gunners player at last.

Unconfirmed reports state that a Zenit spokesman has revealed that the deal is now off, as the Russians have failed to reach an agreement with Arsenal over the deal.

The FA had earlier confirmed that they had received the necessary paperwork from all parties to complete the deal, however, Associated Press and Sky Sports News are both indicating that the deal is on hold, following this statement from the Russians.

The statement, according to the Reuters news agency reads: "I can confirm that the deal is definitely off."

Reuters have attributed the quote to Alexei Petrov, the same individual who earlier confirmed that the deal was going ahead.

A statement clarifying the situation will be released in the next hour, according to Zenit. Goal.com will bring you news of that statement as soon as it breaks.

It's just been confirmed in the last few seconds..

Ricardo Quaresma has joined Chelsea on loan until the end of the season.

Great news.. bring so much width and pace to our team, its what we need maybe he can kick-start our revival..

COME ON QUARESMA!

It's just been confirmed in the last few seconds..

Ricardo Quaresma has joined Chelsea on loan until the end of the season.

Great news.. bring so much width and pace to our team' date=' its what we need maybe he can kick-start our revival..

COME ON QUARESMA![/quote']

Hope he does well for Chelsea. :)

Regardless of who is to blame' date=' Liverpool now only have one class striker. They could have attempted to buy someone else.

I think Liverpool will end up regretting this.[/quote']

I agree totally, they are now pinning all of their attacking hopes on Torres being able to play in every game of the season from here on in, because i will tell you something, N'Gog won't be scoring any goals in the EPL playing up front on his own.

It is a really dangerous decision by Liverpool, and like Richard stated above i believe they will regret this at one point or another.