Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Okay guys, starting a fresh. Keep this post strictly on track...Debates such as Gold Championships creation times, the frequent creations and the club hopping and more are more than welcome.

What we don't need is minute by minute information about who quit who in what setup and repetition of who is for sale every 2 hours.

This thread will be moderated..But don't be afraid to keep up the banter...Jacko.. :P

Negotiations VIA PM on the forum or the game..

If anybody has any quesires in general regarding Gold Championships or setups then PM me and I will happily answer.

"Okay, carrying on the discussion on what to type here. All I can say is that this thread was created so the creation of discussions thread for every setup would all be merged here.

Now what is usually included in the discussions thread? Simply regarding who is for sale and whom your are going for in the next setup

What we don't need is constant repetition of who is available as some members below are doing and also the fact that we don't need members telling us who quit who as we simply won't land them as it is likely to go on job offers. There are seperate threads for these such as New Home's for teams...

Spam is not encouraged in the forums regardless of the thread and the topic of it.

I don't mind mentioning a few now such as Aaron Dandhli, BowenBoii, Sean,Blooosh....Reply if you wish but you guys know that you have been constantly repeating what you say and talk about who quit who. The spam included erases away what other people may have posted about the availibility about players in other setups. THIS IS NOT A SPAM THREAD....anymore

Hesse mate I fully understand what you are saying about how members treat the newbs, but there is a limit to the patience. How many times have people said "This is unneeded..." OR "Reply VIA PM" but yet it doesn't seem to sink in. As I have said, I will delete all unnecssary posts made such as who quit who in what setup... the constant repetition of posts, negotiations...

I love the banter between forumers when they go ahead each other or discussions about SMFA games and more but spamming and banter are different.

IF anyone has any queries regarding Gold Championships or questions about setups in general then I will be happy if you send me a PM and I will answer your question. Keep up the banter and discussions / debates.... But keep the spamming to a low.

Debates such as constant creation of GC's..Creation times are more than welcome but as posted above.. it is the same people ruining it.... I know I have named names but there is a LOT more people than that.. These are just the people who are the first to pop up in my head.

I am thinking of creating a new Gold Championships Discussions Thread and starting afresh

By the time I finish writing thisss.. I can guarantee that another spam post has been made

Would people like a new Discussions Thread?

This thread was originally deleted by devs in the last two months and already look how many posts are made"

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

It didnt need policing at all' date=' this is over policing[/quote']

What I had posted on the previous thread is qutoed below mate..There is no such thing as a spam thread nor does the forum encourage one...

Dai, I was inactive therefore have been slacking and I'm sure Leammy and Col aren't that interested in GC's like I am :P

Nevertheless, I am here and will continue moderating this thread.

Carry on with the posts / debates / banter :)

What I had posted on the previous thread is qutoed below mate..There is no such thing as a spam thread nor does the forum encourage one...

Dai' date=' I was inactive therefore have been slacking and I'm sure Leammy and Col aren't that interested in GC's like I am :P

Nevertheless, I am here and will continue moderating this thread.

Carry on with the posts / debates / banter :)[/quote']

We have always dissagreed on this mate lol :P

I'v always stood in the corner of I can't see a problem of having 1 thread were people can spam, talk about clubs wanted, clubs just become unmanaged, have a laugh, and players for sale.

Like I said on the deleted thread, post counts now mean nothing, not like the old days were post counts did give people a standing in the forum, now we have rep for that so it dosnt matter if somone post 1, 10 or 100 things.

The thread would keep the spam of the match report threads, which should be just that, match reports and gives a place for people to be expressive without damaging the forum or being annoying anywhere else.

I didnt realise i was spamming :confused: .

I was just making a point most of the time,

But , I'll leave it alone now. :rolleyes:

If anyone is in GC26 and is in need of cash and willing to sell players over 87+,

Please PM me :).

We have always dissagreed on this mate lol :P

I'v always stood in the corner of I can't see a problem of having 1 thread were people can spam' date=' talk about clubs wanted, clubs just become unmanaged, have a laugh, and players for sale.

Like I said on the deleted thread, post counts now mean nothing, not like the old days were post counts did give people a standing in the forum, now we have rep for that so it dosnt matter if somone post 1, 10 or 100 things.

The thread would keep the spam of the match report threads, which should be just that, match reports and gives a place for people to be expressive without damaging the forum or being annoying anywhere else.[/quote']

Fully understand about having a right laugh etc mate but I have yet to see that with the other thread..

All I saw was people replying "Do you have to always spam" or "Stop posting constantly" etc.. And it was to the SAME old people mate.

as I said, I love the banter that goes on between everyone regarding SMFA comps mainly :D and I understand with how people shold be able to express themselves.. But people do tend to take this onto other threads thinking they can do what they like.. Making jobs for mods harder.

Keep up the posting and debates..But keep the spamming to a low.. Also the constant repetition :)

But the best one I love is when people go off topic but add "Ronaldo for sale" to keep it on topic. Hehe:D

Fully understand about having a right laugh etc mate but I have yet to see that with the other thread..

All I saw was people replying "Do you have to always spam" or "Stop posting constantly" etc.. And it was to the SAME old people mate.

as I said' date=' I love the banter that goes on between everyone regarding SMFA comps mainly :D and I understand with how people shold be able to express themselves.. But people do tend to take this onto other threads thinking they can do what they like.. Making jobs for mods harder.

Keep up the posting and debates..But keep the spamming to a low.. Also the constant repetition :)

But the best one I love is when people go off topic but add "Ronaldo for sale" to keep it on topic. Hehe:D[/quote']

Yer very true - the anti spamming messages are more annoying than the spam itself in that repsect lol

To keep on topic :P

GC49 havn't got a team - noone for sale - nothing to report

Just taken over Everton in Gold 30.

I have transfer listed Arteta (91) Cahill (91) and Yakubu (91)

I would like two 89's for each, one of them has to be in the same position, I.E, F.

Need a RM on loan, if anyone has one available 88+ please contact me.

Thank you.

I can't see what the difference is with this one and the last one :D

Sparky can you drop me a pm to let us know what you are allowing

(It all looks like spam to me but i thought that what it was for :confused: )

The post iv quoted below from one of the match report threads are the kind we need to stamp out (Will now spend a bit of time deleting)

I ain't been in charge that long' date=' this is the first full season... I suppose I should be doing better in the league this season... Too many draws has cost me really...[/quote']

The post iv quoted below from one of the match report threads are the kind we need to stamp out (Will now spend a bit of time deleting)

That was me...:o Sorry...lol

And that is banter... not spam... The only thing keeping the older gc threads alive too...

I know who said that :D

I think the thread was fine as it was, as it prevented the match report threads being filled with rubbish (negotiations etc)

It's not the spam i necessarily have a problem with, it's the fact half the posts were being made by idiots.....but then I shouldn't hold that against themk I suppose, I know plenty :D

Have just logged on after a few hours off to find that the thread has changed (again!).

Sparky, I see the section that you quoted that referrenced my last post on the old thread, and on the whole appreciate what you are saying.

However, it dosen't matter how annoying the spamming noobs get; there is absolutely no excuse for the bullying that some have been subjected to from certain quarters; and this is where I feel you guys as Mods should be utilised. I'm not saying that Mods should check every single post, but if somebody has a particular problem with another's posts, then that's where they should ask for a Mod to intervene; and not give them the type of abuse I have seen on the thread in recent weeks.

I will say no more on the matter unless you wish to discuss this further by PM, but felt that this needed to be said, epecially now that the evidence of the bullying that I am talking about has effectively been destroyed with the closing of the old thread.

That was me...:o Sorry...lol

And that is banter... not spam... The only thing keeping the older gc threads alive too...

No its you having a conversation with Jacko :P

But i do know what you mean about banter but surely that is what this thread is for

No its you having a conversation with Jacko :P

But i do know what you mean about banter but surely that is what this thread is for

Well, you will be deleting for ages if you do go back through every thread deleting things like that... Also, nobody has really complained about it on them...

Just leave them I say and we will all refrain from it.... (Me included :o )

Well' date=' you will be deleting for ages if you do go back through every thread deleting things like that... Also, nobody has really complained about it on them...

Just leave them I say and we will all refrain from it.... (Me included :o )[/quote']

Iv got a lot of time :P so it should be a fun night deleting lots of post .

I not sure how you run your part of the board (Im not even sure which part it is)But the way i like my part run is how the members who use it want it run.

I will have a word with Sparky later to see how we are going to play it

Better go set my teams up for tonight now.

I had like 960 posts now its down to 884. :eek::o

I have had over 100 on topic posts deleted from the 1st and 2nd GC Discussions thread. What did closing it acheive :confused: This 3rd GC Discussion thread will in time turn to chaos as the previous 2 threads have done. :rolleyes:

------- ON Topic ----

GC18 - Bayern Munich - I will give Sangol 91 and Fabio Costa 90 for a Forward rated 90/91 + depending on age ect...

GC24 - Barcelona - Abidal 94 can go for a 90 defender and a 92 W or RM/LM

Pm Me here or on game if interested :)

why do i even bother posting this thread will only get deleted too :rolleyes:

Absolutely yes!!! As was the other just up this page......

I know it's off-topic, but I think it is needed to keep this thread on track.....

Maybe somebody (preferbly a Mod) should make a thread explaining exactly what is regarded as spam, and then direct the alleged main offenders by PM to have a read, so that everybody is clear. It may even be an idea to sticky it.

I know it's off-topic' date=' but I think it is needed to keep this thread on track.....

Maybe somebody (preferbly a Mod) should make a thread explaining exactly what is regarded as spam, and then direct the alleged main offenders by PM to have a read, so that everybody is clear. It may even be an idea to sticky it.[/quote']

Spam in this thread includes:

Repetition of same posts over and over again... (Ronaldo for sale.. then five mins later.. Ronaldo for sale again...)

Saying who quit.. (Barca manager just quit) as nothing is gained out of it as it will either go to job offers or someone else will have picked it up by the time the post is finished.

Off topic posts

Negotiations - Takes up placew and keeps the thread untidy.

what this thread is for isn't just only about the availbility of players... I really like the debates about creation of GC's, Creation Times, Club hopping etc and more importantly - Rivalry & BANTER!

Hope everyone knows what is needed in this thread and what isn't...

And for everyone complaining - I thought post count didn't matter? Or are you all just eager to get up to that 1000 mark?

As you can see below.... Over 100 posts have been deleted when I deleted that thread.. goes to show the amount of spam / posts it had contained. I know 2-3 people who lost majority of their posts because of that thread.

GC22

Shield final on Tuesday and need a F 89+. :o

Anyone help? :D

Also results going ok so far...

You can have Janoivic for 1 game mate 89 F/AM from Chelsea

need him back afterwards thou got most my front line out on loan atm lol