Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I've had nearly 2 years off but thought I'd come and have a look at how things have changed. Renewed for 30 days.

I remember the 2011 days when SM were on full money grab mode ... creating 3-4 golds a week and cashing in on their reserve a club feature. Sure, it created more Barca's and Man Utd's but it basically killed the novelty of becoming a gold member. They lost me then.

I really hoped they had introduced something like a Platinum setup where I'd be more than happy to take a small team if there was only a couple of them but oh well.

Going to just pickup some average teams GC1, GC100 and see how it goes. Never liked managing the big clubs anyways

Had a chuckle when my relatively "smaller" team was actually able to (in a 2 digit GC) sign Lionel Messi and Eden Hazard from 2 different unmanaged teams at cv unchallenged despite having some initial 'difficulties'. Oh well... Great signings for me, but shows the state of GCs now when you are even able to sign Messi of all people unchallenged:confused:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=1784749

Anybody encountered this knobber? Must have about 50 memberships just to sell himself star players in various GC's' date=' I have lodged a complaint but typical SM just looking at the £.[/quote']

Haha, he is in another 4 GC's with me now with the familiar usernames taking over rich clubs to pump cash into his favoured team.

I just had a deal reversed which seen Gareth Bale join my Bayern side in exchange for Mario Gotze & Memphis Depay plus £8,000,000 (Which I had to sell Patrick Hermmann to get) but then the other manager about two weeks later started destroying his club by selling to externals then quit, so I was'nt really surprised my deal was reversed.

However over the same time period Zidane lad has sold off all his rift raft for like £10-£15m a touch and bought star players of himself for CV?? Come on SM wise the .........

I've had nearly 2 years off but thought I'd come and have a look at how things have changed. Renewed for 30 days.

I remember the 2011 days when SM were on full money grab mode ... creating 3-4 golds a week and cashing in on their reserve a club feature. Sure' date=' it created more Barca's and Man Utd's but it basically killed the novelty of becoming a gold member. They lost me then.

I really hoped they had introduced something like a Platinum setup where I'd be more than happy to take a small team if there was only a couple of them but oh well.

Going to just pickup some average teams GC1, GC100 and see how it goes. Never liked managing the big clubs anyways[/quote']

That didn't start until the second half of 2012 but yea Gold Champs are a shambles now. Not renewing when my gold expires in a couple of days which is a shame as I have a couple of teams I really like but SM are just money grabbers now. Let's see how this single player turns out before anything else is said.

Hello.

Sooo I have just got the "The SMFA have stopped you joining this Game World as they believe you either have an account in it already or are linked to another account. Unfortunately they will not reverse their decision and unban you from the Game World. Please attempt to join another Game World." error AGAIN when attempting to join the latest Gold Championship(428)...This is like the 8th/9th time this has happened to me and 2nd consecutively (had no problems joining 426 but was also banned from joining 425 and a bunch before that...) I wait weeks for a new GC to be created just to get this stupid message that makes absolutely no sense... as I only own ONE Gold account. So how is it possible that my account is 'linked' to another account...?

Well done SM, well done.

After years of growing with the game, I have finally witnessed its demise. The pursuit of monetary gain has subsequently exploited and killed off SM's one unique selling point. After browsing through the forum (on one bored night clearly!), it just hurts to see how so much has changed and how the need for new ideas to increase clientele acted as the sword that pierced through its own heart. Many valuable members have left and no points for guessing why, especially if you witnessed SM 3/4 years ago, even before that (Ever since its inception in 2005).

I do feel upset seeing the state of the game come to this. The forum doesn't feel the same anymore, the relationship between users is different. There is no more sense of community, no friendship, nothing.

Just a quick post as a former Gameworld moderator...

It's been a total pleasure playing for so many years with individuals who I deemed to be my own friends; seeing their names pop up everyday on the forums and inbox; it genuinely did feel like home. It's sad to see the game come to this but a business is a business, and money is money.

To everyone still addicted to this game, you guys are the lucky ones. Enjoy it while it lasts. Peace from this old timer however.

I'll be back one day, to you know, check up on everyone :)

Dont know if anyone actually reads this thread but going to ask anyway:

With SM finally reducing the number of Gold Championships to 1 every week or so, would there be much interested in actually trying to fill a few leagues in a gold championship? Maybe 444 which would arrive in a couple of months time?

With SM not churning GC's out every two days people seem to be more interested and gameworlds arent emptying as quick, 427 being an example, 40% of clubs taken (240 clubs) with the whole of the Spanish divisions filled up with managers that wont leave within a week.

Anyone have any interest for this or not?

Seen Schweinsteiger go from one unmanaged side to another today without anyone rivalling the offer. Bad times.

One reason i left gold management. Its completely pointless.

My problem with Soccer manager is that they reduce the amount of golds when the damage is already done with over 400 of them. You can pick up any team you like so easily now and a lot of big name managers left gold because it lacks fun now. The game used to be more difficult but now you see teams like Arsenal Chelsea Dort etc unmanaged and ruined.

Seen Schweinsteiger go from one unmanaged side to another today without anyone rivalling the offer. Bad times.

Seen plenty like this in the 19 GC's I'm in this year - right now it's so frequent people are even willing to let players you'd previously have valued pretty highly go for minimum cash. Of course this was all to be somewhat expected when, in 2013, the amount of GCs being created increased ten-fold - now, as others have said, it's so easy to get a very high value club. The times I sign great players for cash from un managed clubs for example was once a really happy moment as it was so rare and difficult to do - now it's to be expected and no longer brings any real joy - a big attraction to any football manager game is transfers and they've lost that special feeling of getting a good deal, at least for me anyway. All I and others can do to stop the rot is try and advertise good available GC clubs rather than let them get raided, but as time goes on the standard of club people are willing to take over just gets higher and higher. Unless something drastic happens this downward spiral of the SM user experience in general will just continue.

This sums up the state of the game now.

Shame. Real shame.

I have Benat in one of my squads, he handed in a transfer request about 4/5 months ago, I got no offers for him even from externals. Today I get another another message saying he has handed in a transfer request lol

Seriously I actually just want rid, might release him to end his pain

Dropping GC teams, come to the decision (finally) that I simply cannot keep on top of 44 clubs, not sure what ever possessed me to think that I could, but the last thing I want to be doing when I get home is trying to flick through 44 clubs, which most nights I don't get chance to get through about 10 - working nearly 90 hours a week - its more of a chore than anything to check some teams.... so time to let go of some.

Hopefully drop down to 10 teams, and maybe re-new my membership for another year seeing as it runs out in 30 days, not sure I am ready to leave the game scene just yet....

Riferimento: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Dropping GC teams' date=' come to the decision (finally) that I simply cannot keep on top of 44 clubs, not sure what ever possessed me to think that I could, but the last thing I want to be doing when I get home is trying to flick through 44 clubs, which most nights I don't get chance to get through about 10 - working nearly 90 hours a week - its more of a chore than anything to check some teams.... so time to let go of some.

Hopefully drop down to 10 teams, and maybe re-new my membership for another year seeing as it runs out in 30 days, not sure I am ready to leave the game scene just yet....[/quote']

44 clubs? Are you joking? :eek:

I have 5 clubs now. I think that if you want manage all your clubs well, you shouldn't have more than 5-6 clubs.

Just quit a bunch of decent teams, so keep a look out:

Inter GC22 - I had for 850 games and they were in the top 50, they need refreshing but have some good young talent and players like Messi, Iniesta, Thiago Silva etc

RC Lens GC27 - Good team, Alaba, Bale, Kompany, Verratti and loads more, they were dominating the French League.

Notts County GC44 - Mark's old team, I haven't made many changes, ridiculous amount of young talent in there

Hartlepool GC9 - Very good team, in an early GC and a very competitive league. Thiago Silva, Bale, Vidal and a load more.

Still deciding whether or not to just pack it in and dump the rest of the teams!

Iv been away from Gold management for a very long time and have no made a return to it , bought a one month gold membership to take control of my old Birmingham City side in GC76. I knew i would only return to manage this side. Soo happy to get this team back and its how i made my name here. The only changes made are James Rodriguez out for Schurrle and cash and some deadwood out for cash. Rather disappointment in that but the squad is intact , how i left it and want to win the league with this team now.

Just gotten back into playing SM and am managing Hibernian in the newest GC 440. Would be nice if a few could join me in Div 2 because there's only 1 other manager, so it would be nice for a bit of compeition:D

Season is only 2 games in so squads are still fresh!

Gold Championship 440???? Christ almighty.

Can anyone tell me how my old Rimini in GC77 are looking?

I managed them for near enough a season until about two months ago as I didn't want them destroyed as there were accepted bids all over the place on them still got a great squad with the likes of Kompany, Schweinsteiger, Mascherano, etc think Dan Tomlins was the manager before that and he done a great job.

All the people you signed were still there and added a few like Cuadrado etc, not sure how they are doing now though.