Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I managed them for near enough a season until about two months ago as I didn't want them destroyed as there were accepted bids all over the place on them still got a great squad with the likes of Kompany' date=' Schweinsteiger, Mascherano, etc think Dan Tomlins was the manager before that and he done a great job.

All the people you signed were still there and added a few like Cuadrado etc, not sure how they are doing now though.[/quote']

Good man Raymond, I hope Lizzie mentioned you in the New Year's honours list. Would be great if somebody could send me a screenshot of the team, see how they've developed / that they're still in tact.

How much is a membership these days?

Good man Raymond' date=' I hope Lizzie mentioned you in the New Year's honours list. Would be great if somebody could send me a screenshot of the team, see how they've developed / that they're still in tact.

How much is a membership these days?[/quote']

I doubt I got a mention unless they have introduced the biggest tw@t catergory and even then. I would have been beaten by Kerry Katona who clearly must have the biggest proverbial one of anyone in the UK :)

My membership runs out in 11 days not sure if ai am going to renew think it is a tenner.

Aye, you'd do well there pal, probably win oscars, baftas, Nobel prizes, the whole shebang for that category. Katona's got nothing on your car crash of a life. ;)

If SM had stopped GC's at number 100, I bet I'd still be playing today. Greed got the better of them, not that they're arsed.

Okay lads, after almost 8 years in the game, and me being banned from this forum, after being a mod, 4 years ago, I kept on playing because I had the notion that I couldn't give up something I build all this time. Today it feels like I have build some grand castles in a sandbox none of the other kids give a **** about.

By far the most exciting thing about these kind of games is the rise of a community that has far greater knowledge of the game than new managers would have. Think of the smarks in WWE, or communities like 9GAG and others. Our initial scouting groups, especially those that were part secretive, had some of the most respected and well known managers working on a phletora of talent. The community was flourishing. I can proudly say that today a lot of the most prominent young players in the world were finds by us members when those players were 14 year old kids playing for their local team. There was a sense of meaning and entitlement, one that's long gone.

The rule changes favoured new members. It dumbed the game down considerably. Stylistic updates and ways to control social media were given far greater importance than the continuation and build of the community, as the monetary income of those few hundred forum members, skilled in the game or not, were dwarfed by flocks of new members that were lured with the promise of great teams in setups they normally wouldn't get.

One only has to look up the many, many threads where small rule changes are being complained about. I don't recognize the game at all. I check this thread every 4/5 months or so. It saddens me to see that after 4 months, only 4 or 5 posts were added. That used to take all of 5 minutes.

The game has lost it's core identity and I for one can't claim to be a proud member anymore. Maybe we could start a debate here (without Devs blocking it, because it hurts how people percieve the game). The forum was always ours, even when the game quality declined, we can always take it back. I know some of the old, early guard still read posts on the forum. If this post amounts to nothing, than to them I say: thank you for all those years of banter and shared passion through football. It has been a pleasure.

My regards,

Abdel Zizi

Good Lazio in gold 84 is available now

I took them long time ago and was able to get them a promotion from Div 2, then built the team and won a title

Left the team and rejoined it to rebuild it AGAIN. Now the team is good again with players like:

Boateng 93

Falcao 94

and some good young players

I am leaving gold management, feel free to take Lazio in gold 84.

Hi,

As I am leaving the gold management (or at least I think I can live without it for a while), I would like to ask you to see my Athletic Club in gold 68 (seems taken after I left them).

I have built the club and left then because the previous manager didnt damage it I decided to retake them.

The club now has good players and youth team (the gold setup is quite quite though!)

I have managed to get 40+ games unbeaten (with the presence of good Valencia, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atl. Madrid.) and not so weak unmanaged teams.

So with Athletic Club in gold 68, I have managed to win a title without being defeated, this is La Liga not div 5 or lower leagues.

Thanks,

Borussia Dortmund - GC 165

Hart

Höwedes - Savic - Cahill - Baines

Yaya Toure - Schneiderlin

Kuba - Jovetic - Neymar

Lukaku

Subs: Aubameyang, Sahin, Capoue, Durm, Alcacer, Nem, Walker

Olympiakos - GC 334

Neto

Coleman - Manolas - Zouma - Moreno

Schneiderlin - KPB

L.Bender - Cabella - Depay

Negredo

Subs: Süle, Foulquier, Moreno, Muñoz, Origi, Rode, Saul Niguez

Neglected my Dortmund like hell last season, resulted in me being relegated, currently flying high on 1st place in Division two.. An incredibly dead GC but I just can't get myself to leave this team.. Bought neymar a few weeks ago for 80 million!

Battling it out with my Olympiakos against Noisy and his Panathinaikos. We're having alot of fun so you lot should really join us down here in Greece! Currently top of the league one point ahead of Noisy!

The worst is being in gold championships and you want to deal but every manager left just talent hogs and you notice that no manager has traded between themselves in over a year.

In gold 76 im the only manager to do p/e deals in over a year which is crazy. none of the other managers talk to eachother :confused::confused::confused:

its the same thing in most golds tho , no interaction

My gold membership runs out in three days and it says I have 36 club slots?

I am currently move active in Ec these days having 5 teams, will I loose most of these when my membership expires?

My gold membership runs out in three days and it says I have 36 club slots?

I am currently move active in Ec these days having 5 teams' date=' will I loose most of these when my membership expires?[/quote']

You should be able to keep them. I think extra club slots remain even when your not a member.

[uSER=14637]Legendary_Manager[/uSER], just taken over Birmingham in GC 76. I was incredibly lucky to get them, absolutely fantastic side. let me know what side you manage in 76 and maybe we can work out a few deals as I want to change the squad up a bit :-)

On 4/25/2016 at 11:07 AM, kylepearson said:

You can see how much this game has declined in how many teams are now unmanaged in the majority of the gold game worlds. It's sad really. But it's to expected with the poor changes SM has made over the last couple of years.

yea it is, most changes didnt benefit nothing, its just made it harder to play, i like it how it was, instead focusing on spreading player base, they focused on graphic changes, that didnt resolve critical problems of game