Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Hey' date=' this is my first post on the forum. I have always read what is written so thought i would finally start contributing to the many discussions that occur![/quote']

Welcome mate, can't beat a bit of forum action, at times it's the only things that keeps me on SM :)

Took Barcelona in GC20 this morning' date=' I really didn't wan't anymore teams atall but I was up for a day out so thought I would attempt and considering I refreshed twice by accident I thought I missed them but still managed to land them. That is me now officialy done now, I mean it! I need to stop taking teams and this is where it will end for certain.

Has a few bids for players such as Kjaer and Higuain (Ken & Abdel :P) and I'm sorry but I'm not selling anyone up to now, will post here if I am selling anyone but for now I am going to look where I need to strengthen/add depth, got a Spanish Cup final on Tuesday too, if I do win it no credit goes to me and to whoever guided this Barca here, Dan possibly?[/font']

I know what you mean about taking too many sides. At one stage i had 35 teams and they became a chore to manage. So i am now down to 25 clubs, but even that seems one too many.

Dont think Dan will be after any credit he only had them for 5 or 6 games. Anyway Man United are always interested in a few of your players.

Oh right, just thought he might of been a part of it because of his 6 game winning streak :P. Willing to sell one of Maicon/Alves as I am in need of a LB, "hint hint, EVRA!" Drop us a PM in game mate, Ronaldo may interest me too.

GC45 - Man United - Had a fairly busy day so far transfer wise. Lisandro Lopez on his way to OT for Kanoute + £20 million. Delighted with that as I have tons of money to burn. ;) Curently mulling over a couple of interesting bids for Arjen Robben and will probably accept one of them later today.

welcome harendeep' date=' your sides are all pretty class, and very young lol welcome to the forum :)[/quote']

Yeah i like to build younger sides because they are easier to put together. Established players are much harder to get and cost far too much. So i go for the next best thing and get the stars of tomorro. It means sacrificing short term success for longer term benefit.

GC73: Man City want to do deals! Just PM me, this team need some livening up..:o

GC84: Juventus agree a 2 part deal with Fraser at Udinese. Melo & Mark Gonzalez will head to Udine, with Naldo & D'Agostino coming to Torino. :)

GC101: Valencia still have a couple of players for sale...

EDIT - Just quit Internazionale in GC6, were a wreck when I took over, now a great young side...but the setup is pretty dead and after losing the Italian cup final on Monday I've decided to pass them on to another manager after a recent run of poor results. Good luck to whoever gets them. :)

GC39 - Inter sign Lucio for Jo Cole + Burdisso. Perhaps over-paid a bit but Cole wasn't used even in the cup team sometimes because of formation. :)

Cheers for the deal. I needed Burdisso after Tasci got injured for 4 weeks.

:confused: But you lost another CB in Lucio' date=' so in essence you didn't gain a CB...:o[/quote']

Burdisso is a D and I have Garay, Luisao, O'Shea, Vertonghen + RB's and a LB.

No problem' date=' think it was fair. Your injury problems bad? If they are I might be able to give you a hand.[/quote']

No it's just I justed signed Tasci and he got injured for a lengthy time. I inherited a large squad but I made it even bigger myself. Although you can buy Ribery if you want. :P

Burdisso is a D and I have Garay' date=' Luisao, O'Shea, Vertonghen + RB's and a LB.

No it's just I justed signed Tasci and he got injured for a lengthy time. I inherited a large squad but I made it even bigger myself. Although you can buy Ribery if you want. :P[/quote']

I'll have a look at my squad to see what I could offer. Obviously I want Ribery but not sure where he'd fit into 5-4-1. I'll drop you a p/m later, going to play some Fifa :)

Guest Abdel Zizi

GC45 - Man United - Had a fairly busy day so far transfer wise. Lisandro Lopez on his way to OT for Kanoute + £20 million. Delighted with that as I have tons of money to burn. ;) Curently mulling over a couple of interesting bids for Arjen Robben and will probably accept one of them later today.

Hmm interesting; Arjen has expressed his wishes to play for Genoa, due to the manager speaking the same language as he does :D

Great deal for Lisandro.

Hmm interesting; Arjen has expressed his wishes to play for Genoa' date=' due to the manager speaking the same language as he does :D

Great deal for Lisandro.[/quote']

That goes for us all then.

The Dutch have a very good English vocabulary and pick it up very well so he would have no problem coming to Florence either. ;)