Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

SM's been a bit weird lately' date=' the new fixtures have been announced in GC42 but not GC39. :confused:[/quote']

The World Cup has been skipped in 42,43,44,45. Now THAT is good to see. Hopefull it's once every 4 seasons :o

Got the best draw possible in 42 and 43. SMFA Shield, first round.

PALERMO v Feyenoord (42)

Lyon v BORUSSIA DORTMUND (43)

B)

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Trying to buy Jesus Navas in GC46. Swap for Marcelo but...

£6m + Marcelo for Navas

The deal involving Real Madrid and Sevilla regarding González JESUS NAVAS has been stopped by the Real Madrid chairman who is unhappy with the deal and does not want to swap Vieira MARCELO in this deal. [?]

£2m + Navas for Marcelo (cash to meet CV)

The deal involving Sevilla and Real Madrid regarding Vieira MARCELO has been stopped by the Sevilla chairman who is unhappy with the deal and does not want to swap González JESUS NAVAS in this deal. [?]

Not going well at all :o chairman ! :rolleyes:

GC50 Bayern Munchen - Hunty secures the services of Ivan Marcano in a straight swap for Petri Pasanen, except we had to do a two part deal. Let's just hope that he rises as he has played quite a bit for Racing this year.. Seft seems to be tipping him for a rise anyway! :D

No one sells for cash anyway do they, unless its with an unmanaged club. Every offer I ever make is always responded with 'Manager will only accept a part exchange deal'.

Surely this change should encourage more cash dealings?

No more cash deals then.

Filippo MANCINI (18' date='70) for sale in GC54, PART EXCHANGE ONLY. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Terrible feature I'm never ever selling anyone for cash anymore.[/quote']

Just had my balance reduced by £60 odd million not five seconds after putting in a large cash bid that now I can't get through. To say I'm peeved would be an understatement.:mad: I get closer to that "quit club" button by the day I swear; and that's for all my teams!

SM WOULDN'T KNOW AN "IMPROVEMENT" IF IT SMACKED THEM IN THE FACE!!!!

When was the last time they implemented anything of any value or substance' date=' that anyone actually saw the point of? :mad::mad::mad:[/quote']

Never.

Like my previous post, how are you gonna do cash deals if you have no cash? LOL

No one sells for cash anyway do they' date=' unless its with an unmanaged club. Every offer I ever make is always responded with 'Manager will only accept a part exchange deal'.

Surely this change should encourage more cash dealings?[/quote']

87,88 and sometimes 89 can go for cash. Not anymore.

Like my post above said ^ Do cash deals with no cash? How would that be possible...

By selling players? Bit like real life dealings. Most real clubs have to sell to buy.

No one will sell players, because GC's schedules are overwhelming.. This is the reason why money worths nothing.. and this new "thing" wont solve this too...

By selling players? Bit like real life dealings. Most real clubs have to sell to buy.

To buy a player you need cash. Without cash you cannot buy.

Jesus Navas was going to join me for £16m tomorrow (2 part deal) and now he wont as i only have £10m.

No more cash deals in GC's for any rating by the looks of things. As i cant improve my squad i will be recalling ALL LOANS no exceptions

Some managers have well over 100 players, some even as many as 250, which is not very realistic. I dare say some managers will have to be a little more careful which youngsters they buy now rather than buying everyone in sight.

I still think this is a very positive move by SM.

Do you have many teams with more than £10 mil? How will you be able to buy anyone decent with that budget that won't get any bigger? And everyone is in the same boat.

So this 'feature' gives money more value as there is less of it around, yet players usually go in part/exchange deals because there are many games in GC's and people need larger squads... therefore most players over 87+ are taken and wont be sold for cash as they cant really be replaced by cash..

Doesnt entirely add up to me and in 12 months surely the cash stockpiles will just be up again with not much to spend it on.. doesnt seem like a fix to me.

My Milan in GC7 didn't have the transfer budget feature implemented until this change just now. I had a balance of £111m. I still have the same balance of £111m' date=' but I now have a transfer budget of £14m.

Some managers have well over 100 players, some even as many as 250, which is not very realistic. I dare say some managers will have to be a little more careful which youngsters they buy now rather than buying everyone in sight.

I still think this is a very positive move by SM.[/quote']

I dont think you get my point. I have 8 mil in GC7 now this is the way my budget will stay while my balance will go up. I wont be able to sell my average players now in order to raise cash because nobody will want to part with their small amount of cash for my average player...

I'm all for a "levelling" of the transfer market, but one of my sides has gone from 50m, a large but not overly massive amount by GC standards to.......

3.3m

It's an absoloute farce, to be honest I don't know why they just didnt reset everyone's budget to a set amount across the board, ie 15m, so it was a truly level playing field and it was up to the manager how to utilise it.

if there was a sensical system, either the one outlined above or each side was deducted an amount of their budget, 60% for example then ok. But to pluck figures from the air without any consideration is just a lazy solution to the problem.

All SM have done is hamstring people buying ( am i supposed to get for 3.3m, even with p/e) and turned the initial problem of currency meaning nothing into another problem of people not having money to buy, and people not selling because they don't know whether the money the recieve is worth anything or whether anyone will take it.

Like I outlined at the beginning of this post, anything to make the GC's a transfer friendly place is fine by me.

I just hope they'd bloody think about it and incorparate something of benefit rather than this rubbish.

There should have been warning about this. At my small clubs, I had sold players that I didn't need to sell, so I could afford certain deals. Now they have all fallen through, and I have lost the players as well. This is going to absolutely kill the small clubs.

Good for my clubs' date=' because I never had a huge amount of money in the first place. For example GC1: only £97,802 deducted (less than £0.1 mil in the GC where the economy is the worst).[/quote']

I'm quite similar.

I had alot of cash in one or two setups which has gone down to naff all now but over all setups I'm in, its evened itself out.

A heads up wiuld have been nice though.