Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Apart from winning honours' date=' my next favourite thing was to make my squads strong, like most people do. With the changes today and yesterday, SM have effectively killed this off now as it will be impossible to deal now IMO. Say for example I sell my 89 dropper in a GC, I may take cash for him to buy a 89 riser from an unmanaged club. Now, nobody will sell anyone for cash 'cause you can't buy anyone from unmanaged with it...

If SM want to make a worthwhile improvement, let me switch clubs between gold accounts. But no they won't do that, because SM members actually want that change...[/quote']

18 months ago I said the way foward was to have a complete overhaul of the p/ex bit of the transfer market - but no-one was intrested and everyone jumped on the cash is useless in GC's which has resulted in this, instead of a balenced approach where part/ex's could of been dropped to 1 for 1's with only 2 deals allowed per season between managers not clubs.

18 months ago I said the way foward was to have a complete overhaul of the p/ex bit of the transfer market - but no-one was intrested and everyone jumped on the cash is useless in GC's which has resulted in this' date=' instead of a balenced approach where part/ex's could of been dropped to 1 for 1's with only 2 deals allowed per season between managers not clubs.[/quote']

Well if they would have listened then, everyone would be a lot better off today. Even a year to 6 months ago, in GC's people were selling for cash. Ever since the massive increase in new GC's all you ever see is p/e, p/e and more p/e. It's gotten way out of control, for example people wanting two good 90 rated players for a average 91. But SM didn't do anything a year ago so why now, when IMO it is too late. The problem will probably iron itself out but it will take ages ie ordinary members becoming gold and if they start selling for cash then it may get the transfer market going slowly again.

What happened to the GC42 SMFA World Cup?, I manage Brazil and finished second in my group but there has been no knock-out fixtures and the fixtures for qualifying has been arranged for the next SMFA World Cup in that game world.

Apart from winning honours' date=' my next favourite thing was to make my squads strong, like most people do. With the changes today and yesterday, SM have effectively killed this off now as it will be impossible to deal now IMO. Say for example I sell my 89 dropper in a GC, I may take cash for him to buy a 89 riser from an unmanaged club. Now, nobody will sell anyone for cash 'cause you can't buy anyone from unmanaged with it...

If SM want to make a worthwhile improvement, let me switch clubs between gold accounts. But no they won't do that, because SM members actually want that change...[/quote']

Agree with every one of Kenneth's points here.

I used to get a thrill off buying a good player from a unmanaged club, but now with the first improvement of the taking of the money, and now with this, it means that this isn't possible anymore. Will this mean job offers will last for seven days?

Agree with every one of Kenneth's points here.

I used to get a thrill off buying a good player from a unmanaged club' date=' but now with the first improvement of the taking of the money, and now with this, it means that this isn't possible anymore. Will this mean job offers will last for seven days?[/quote']

I dont like the 'improvement' where i lost all my cash, as it caused ALOT of deals to collapse. There should have been a maximum amout of cash that could be taken(say 75% of the budget), and a minimum of say 20% of yor budget. I would have happily given up half my cash in every GC. Or even just being left with £20-25m in every GC.

I wont do any cash deals for any rating, until i see 100's of others being completed, call me cynical but i dont see the idea working.

The Unmanaged Protection Idea was a good improvement. It stops unmanaged being raided and will encourage people to manage the club.

Also...

The Chairman assures you they have not removed any profits from your transfer deals.

You get to keep the cash you made in transfer deals.... AFTER what you have spent has been removed.

If you get 60m in transfer fees and spend 55m on tranfers you will be left with £5m.

Am i the only one who thinks the quoted phrase is worded badly?

Also...

You get to keep the cash you made in transfer deals.... AFTER what you have spent has been removed.

If you get 60m in transfer fees and spend 55m on tranfers you will be left with £5m.

I don't really understand that. I had 18mil in one team after selling a player for 12mil but now I only have 4mil after the dividend.

Also...

possibly for people who English isn't a first language, otherwise its pretty clear in its meaning

10) When these changes have been implemented and the dust settles what I am 100% sure you will see is more balanced and fairer Gold Championships with a more active and realistic transfer market. I would just ask those that are not happy that you hang fire until you see all the changes' date=' I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the improvements.[/quote']

Just a little bit taken from Ste's earlier post that I will comment on before saying no more on this particular subject, as I feel much of it has already been said, and the debate has been done to death now. As I said last night, I don't so much have a problem with the idea, but rather how it has been implemented.

I will happily hang fire until I can see what difference the changes make. All I would ask is that if SM have got it wrong on this occasion, and the changes have no major positive effect, then they hold their hands up, admit it, and actually LISTEN to us this time rather than waiting for the problem to spiral out of control, as it would appear has happened on this occasion.

At the end of day, yes, something had to be done; but they have acted far too late in my opinion, and not in the most appropriate way. By implementing this change so drastically and so late in the day I have to ask the question as to how long exactly will it take for transfer markets to recover to a position where we might actually have an interest in them, because as things stand the transfer market for me is currently dead in the water, and what with today's further changes may well be for some time to come.

GC3 Atletico - Torres available for the right offer.

GC10 Napoli - Looking for an 87+ Gk, don't have the best players to offer on part-ex, but will listen to all deals. A loan would be lovely though.

GC46 Leeds - Really really need an 84+ CM on loan, would be eternally grateful.

:)

GC10 Napoli - Looking for an 87+ Gk' date=' don't have the best players to offer on part-ex, but will listen to all deals. A loan would be lovely though.

:)[/quote']

gc46 try me man utd got fletcher if you want him:)

GC10 Napoli - Looking for an 87+ Gk' date=' don't have the best players to offer on part-ex, but will listen to all deals. A loan would be lovely though.

:)[/quote']

GC10 - I can offer you Romero, on loan, Currently he is at tranmere but they are unmanaged :) cant recall till after ya game

gc5 another win. cska moscva 2 - 0 Spartak Moskva

bojan scoring in his first game and first man of the match (against his old team :P)

FK Moskva 3-8 Torpedo Moskva. Just give up! :P I'm gonna be on your tail all the way to the end of the season mate.

Not a good way to lift the trophy in GC50 after being hammered 4-1 at home to Herenveen on the last game of the season. :o