Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Well when you search for 128 and 129 now nothing comes up. 130 is still there so I wouldn't be surprised if they re-name it to 128.

I love playing this game as I enjoy it, but PLEASE SM STOP CREATING ALL THESE NEW GC's.

It's suppose to be an "elite gameworld" where you'd think that there wouldn't be too many of them made - but it's catching up with the EC's and WC's at this rate. :eek:

I'm Man City in 130 (or should that be 128? :D).

I think some people are getting a bit too excited about the problems with the creation!

A bit disappointed that the Balotelli deal still not completed so he's still at Inter.

Anyhoo' date=' Adebayor, De Jong, Barry, Lescott, Bridge, Ireland, Wright Phillips, Bellamy all available in the right deals.

Willing to offer 2 for 1 for higher rated players.[/quote']

Everyone bar Sneijder are available at Inter in GC 130.

Sent a ticket before 130 opened.

Hi Rhys,

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention. We are aware of this problem and are currently working on it and Gold Championship 130 will be shortly renamed

Gold Championship 128. These bugs are rare and we do endeavour to fix them as quickly as possible. However we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

SoccerManager.com Support Team

What should really happen' date=' is right now an SM DEV should come on an explain the situation, and how the intent to resolve, it to re assure ite memebers, but hay ho they you go :rolleyes:[/quote']
I think that people who usually work from 8am til 4/5/6pm have better things to do at 3am than explain themselves to some 15yo actually.
Well technically isnt it there job to do this plaus they peobably have DEV's workins shifts' date=' like someone working now till 8am then someone does 8-6 then so forth, if im correct :P[/quote']

Well said Phil, took the words out of my mouth.

Nick, SM Support staff don't man the controls 24/7. Why do you think tickets only get answered during weekdays? Because there's nobody working at night or at the weekend. You can't expect a Dev to crawl out of bed at 3 in the morning to explain to 15-20 people what the problem is. And besides, each Gold Championship is created automatically and randomly. There isn't a guy waiting to press a big red button to kick-start the chaos. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as Rhys' support ticket confirms, the logical thing for SM to do is to rename GC 130 as GC 128. There will not be two more GC's made today - that would be ridiculous.

And I'm not sure I've ever seen such a ridiculous over-reaction to a simple techincal glitch before.

---------------------------------------

In other news, my jaw dropped when I saw this deal recently completed in GC 5:

Karim Benzema has completed his move to Real Madrid from Liverpool for a fee of £40m plus Hernandez Xavi.

Guest JackWWFC

I think that people who usually work from 8am til 4/5/6pm have better things to do at 3am than explain themselves to some 15yo actually.

15 year old or not' date=' he's still a paying customer. They won't have many paying customers if they keep pumping them out at this rate, what a joke!

Well said Phil, took the words out of my mouth.

Nick, SM Support staff don't man the controls 24/7. Why do you think tickets only get answered during weekdays? Because there's nobody working at night or at the weekend. You can't expect a Dev to crawl out of bed at 3 in the morning to explain to 15-20 people what the problem is. And besides, each Gold Championship is created automatically and randomly. There isn't a guy waiting to press a big red button to kick-start the chaos. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as Rhys' support ticket confirms, the logical thing for SM to do is to rename GC 130 as GC 128. There will not be two more GC's made today - that would be ridiculous.

And I'm not sure I've ever seen such a ridiculous over-reaction to a simple techincal glitch before.

---------------------------------------

In other news, my jaw dropped when I saw this deal recently completed in GC 5:

That's got to be some cheating their surely!

Finally managed to do a deal with a human in GC 1, for the first time! And i had to overpay but meh

Transfer Message

Eden HAZARD has completed his move to Lyon from Rangers in a swap deal for Niko KRANJCAR and Cardoso TIAGO

I have put in around 50 bids recently, have had a couple stupid counters, couple of rejects, one accept, and 45 no replies, most from active managers...

Also one of the best deals i've done in a while, in GC 111:

Miralem PJANIC has completed his move to Juventus from Liverpool in a swap deal for Sami KHEDIRA and Roberto SOLDADO

Am 9 points clear in the league, got English cup quarters, and SMFA Cup quarters 2nd leg on the way having won 3-2 against Bayern in Germany. The team has been faultering lately so i'm hoping this can give the team a boost to go and grab all 3 trophies.

I agree' date=' but it was really fun reading through the last few pages!

From reading through a few posts what i gather is there were several people constantly refreshing for a GC, so when it did get made they didnt give it a chance to open. This has happened before and they had to make the GC the next day, so really this "glitch" is of their own making ;)

They won't have many paying customers if they keep pumping them out at this rate, what a joke!

Hasn't stopped you from paying though has it, Stuttgart in 127 i believe was the last one. Unless you have joined this one.

Guest JackWWFC

Hasn't stopped you from paying though has it' date=' Stuttgart in 127 i believe was the last one. Unless you have joined this one.[/quote']

Mhmm, read my quote again.....

They won't have many paying customers if they keep pumping them out at this rate, what a joke!

Im not in GC127, quit, won't be joining new GC's from now on, unless they change something. B)

Mhmm' date=' read my quote again.....

They won't have many paying customers[b'] if they keep pumping them out at this rate[/b], what a joke!

Im not in GC127, quit, won't be joining new GC's from now on, unless they change something. B)

I hope you don't mind but i'm going to hold you to that B)

I was online at 1:44 waitng for a GC to be made but it didnt show up on the side is this normal (sorry never been online when a GC is made).

Could try reading back a few pages mate...

They won't have many paying customers[b'] if they keep pumping them out at this rate[/b], what a joke!

Erm, yes they will. SM get what? 30? 40? Maybe even more people paying to reserve a club in every single new GC. This figure doesn't even seem to be dropping. As long as people keep paying to reserve clubs, then they'll continue to pump them out at this rate.

Ok and heres what you posted yesterday at 10.30pm after Nick said there should be a GC created.

I'll stay awake til midnight Nick

Mhmmm

Erm' date=' yes they will. SM get what? 30? 40? Maybe even more people paying to reserve a club in every single new GC. This figure doesn't even seem to be dropping. As long as people keep paying to reserve clubs, then they'll continue to pump them out at this rate.[/quote']

Its usually around 70 :eek:

Guest JackWWFC

Ok and heres what you posted yesterday at 10.30pm after Nick said there should be a GC created.

Mhmmm

Thought it was a free one :)

Mhmmmm

Can't see the point in keep joing new GC's anyway. Just settle on what teams you want, stick with them and enjoy.

New GC's are probably aimed at new Gold Members anyway. They haven't had a chance to join a new GC before so it makes sense to give them a chance. You don't have to join them so stop being selfish people.

For me personally, when I got my GM I was more interested in joining leagues that might stay competitive so I joined GC's 1-10, GC19, GC50 and I'll join GC100 when my rep increases to give me an extra club slot. I wasn't bothered what teams I had. Maybe I'll get some job offers from mega clubs in the future I don't know. If not I'll enjoy the clubs I'm managing anyway.

I'm not trying to pick on people so please don't take this is a personal attack. It's just some of the attitudes on here don't make sense to me right now.

Not to fussed now, atm was just a bit cheesed off that the fact, that sm made an Error, meaning I missed out and as did others, however i'm ove rit now, Don't care tbh, but something I relised is I have paid all this money, and I keep saying I ned to reduce my teams, but Ive paid enough to be able to have 23 teams, so why shouldnt I, so tbh I'm gunna keep joining Setups old and new intill I have enough teams I'm happy with :)

Can't see why not' date=' loads have done it in including myself.[/quote']

Well SM, I am officialy not one bit happy. Not only have you ignored my ticket on the matter of the mess up, I sat there for a good 4 hours last night still refreshing on both the GC's and the support ticket desk. I haven't joined a GC in a while but thought because its the holidays it might just be a little bit more fun but no... cant even get into a GC without a problem. I am seriously now wondering why I waster another £11.99 on a Gold Membership renewal, unless you get these errors sorted out fastly along with the servers I wont be around for much longer. So what are you going to do for all the members that sat here refreshing for 128? The actual GC which should of been created at the time, I hope we get some sympathy for sitting their for a good 3 hours from a mess up caused by you's. One word replies are not appreciated, thanks.

Just spoke my mind towards the bottom, seriously had enough of their cok-ups.

Well SM' date=' I am officialy not one bit happy. Not only have you ignored my ticket on the matter of the mess up, I sat there for a good 4 hours last night still refreshing on both the GC's and the support ticket desk. I haven't joined a GC in a while but thought because its the holidays it might just be a little bit more fun but no... cant even get into a GC without a problem. I am seriously now wondering why I waster another £11.99 on a Gold Membership renewal, unless you get these errors sorted out fastly along with the servers I wont be around for much longer. So what are you going to do for all the members that sat here refreshing for 128? The actual GC which should of been created at the time, I hope we get some sympathy for sitting their for a good 3 hours from a mess up caused by you's. One word replies are not appreciated, thanks.

Just spoke my mind towards the bottom, seriously had enough of their cok-ups.[/quote']

As much as you have the right to air issues towards SM and the mistakes they make, all this talk about it not being worth it and your sick of it is bull, lets be frank.

Time and time again i see people like you moaning, but what happens, next GC you get a good team and all is hunky dorey ! and even if you dont im guessing ill see you around SM in the next few months.

Put up and shut up, or leave ?

Im not saying dont moan about SM, but i wish people actually walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

:rolleyes:

As much as you have the right to air issues towards SM and the mistakes they make' date=' all this talk about it not being worth it and your sick of it is bull, lets be frank.

Time and time again i see people like you moaning, but what happens, next GC you get a good team and all is hunky dorey ! and even if you dont im guessing ill see you around SM in the next few months.

Put up and shut up, or leave ?

Im not saying dont moan about SM, but i wish people actually walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

:rolleyes:[/quote']

I've seen you on previous occasions moan about error's in GC's so you shut up. You have done the same thing in the past so don't see why your saying yourself. Was going to leave actually, couldnt see my City get neglected or taken over by Hammer/someone that has 100+ great teams and don't reply to bids, if SM bring out a feature where you can transfer teams from accounts, then I'm happy to leave.

Well SM' date=' I am officialy not one bit happy. Not only have you ignored my ticket on the matter of the mess up, I sat there for a good 4 hours last night still refreshing on both the GC's and the support ticket desk. I haven't joined a GC in a while but thought because its the holidays it might just be a little bit more fun but no... cant even get into a GC without a problem. I am seriously now wondering why I waster another £11.99 on a Gold Membership renewal, unless you get these errors sorted out fastly along with the servers I wont be around for much longer. So what are you going to do for all the members that sat here refreshing for 128? The actual GC which should of been created at the time, I hope we get some sympathy for sitting their for a good 3 hours from a mess up caused by you's. One word replies are not appreciated, thanks.

Just spoke my mind towards the bottom, seriously had enough of their cok-ups.[/quote']

Hi Jake,

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. However, once we were made aware of this problem we rectified it at the earliest opportunity. These bugs are rare and we do endeavour to fix them as quickly as possible. Gold Championship 130 has now been renamed Gold Championship 128.

Regards

SoccerManager.com Support Team

SM Support Team

Still not explained what they are going to do for members that were sat there refreshing GC128, except, oh weve changed the name now! :rolleyes: