Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Almost one year on' date=' does anyone know whatever happened to this[/b']:

Searched the news archive but couldn't see anything saying it wasn't happening, but as it's now 11 months overdue i guess SM have just binned the idea? :confused:

I guess it went the same way as this;

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=833008&postcount=11

8 months on and still waiting for details that "will be announced shortly" :o

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Hey nothing wrong with newcastle' date=' (wouldn't reserve them myself like) :D[/quote']

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm actually a Newcastle fan myself:D Just making the point as to why SM won't change anything.

Different Topic: Any committed and proven managers interested in a new MLS challenge are encouraged to PM me as I'm trying to setup a new Scotland in 109, but better since it's MLS:p I know the last one didn't work out, but with the new signings in MLS and the right group of managers, it could be very fun.

I have NEVER seen a Lyon available btw.

Pretty happy with Sevilla in 129' date=' agreed a few deals :)[/quote']

Haha there will be one, ONE day.

you got anyone for loan mate, not bothered who as long as there in my first team, if you haven't it's fine :)

Gold Championship 74: Real Madrid face Atletico Madrid in the Spainish Cup Final tonight just two days before the SMFA Champs Cup Final against Portuguese side Benfica.

I've decided to stick out the second team for tonights tie with my first crack at an SMFA Champs Cup more important although luck is on my side so far that Atletico are missing 4 of their 5 top rated players meaning there will only be 2 90+ players on their team whilst my average rating will be 91 so we should remain favourites for the honour on paper at least.

Shame this game couldn't come a few days earlier as the Atletico manager hasn't been online for nearly a month and his team would of all been NMF as well as injured had the season not finished a week ago giving his players chance to recover to around the 90% mark! :o

Hoping a win tonight can be the second part of the treble completed with the League title wrapped up long ago (Charity Shield won also although that doesn't count).

In transfer news, my deal which brought Ronaldo back to Madrid (Gave RVP, Albiol, Castro) has thrown a spanner in the works of Chiellini's anticpated arrival from Juve who were hoping for Albiol as a direct replacement for Chiellini along with Garay... Hoping i can renegiotate something with manager Stephen Marshally!

Gold Championship 74: Real Madrid face Atletico Madrid in the Spainish Cup Final tonight just two days before the SMFA Champs Cup Final against Portuguese side Benfica.

I've decided to stick out the second team for tonights tie with my first crack at an SMFA Champs Cup more important although luck is on my side so far that Atletico are missing 4 of their 5 top rated players meaning there will only be 2 90+ players on their team whilst my average rating will be 91 so we should remain favourites for the honour on paper at least.

Shame this game couldn't come a few days earlier as the Atletico manager hasn't been online for nearly a month and his team would of all been NMF as well as injured had the season not finished a week ago giving his players chance to recover to around the 90% mark! :o

Hoping a win tonight can be the second part of the treble completed with the League title wrapped up long ago (Charity Shield won also although that doesn't count).

In transfer news' date=' my deal which brought Ronaldo back to Madrid (Gave RVP, Albiol, Castro) has thrown a spanner in the works of Chiellini's anticpated arrival from Juve who were hoping for Albiol as a direct replacement for Chiellini along with Garay... [b']Hoping i can renegiotate something with manager Stephen Marshally![/b]

GOOD LUCK TO THAT!!!

GC 129 - Atlas in NEED of a CM 85+ on loan or for cash.

Guest Abdel Zizi

In transfer news' date=' my deal which brought Ronaldo back to Madrid (Gave RVP, Albiol, Castro) has thrown a spanner in the works of Chiellini's anticpated arrival from Juve who were hoping for Albiol as a direct replacement for Chiellini along with Garay... Hoping i can renegiotate something with manager Stephen Marshally![/font']

Be glad they went to 90%, as I find it unbelievably hard to win against teams between 30-60% fitness. It's like being this bad boosts them. Once they reach less than 20% they get bad though.

PS: It's Spanish, not Spainish mate;)

Be glad they went to 90%' date=' as I find it unbelievably hard to win against teams between 30-60% fitness. It's like being this bad boosts them. Once they reach less than 20% they get bad though.

[b']PS: It's Spanish, not Spainish mate;)[/b]

:eek: I knew my brain cells were in decline since leaving college but now i have just realised the full extent of the problem! :o I can't even blame it on a typo as i've been doing it that way for the last year at least!

To be honest, i don't remember a time i last failed to win by at least 3 goals to a NMF team. I just go with a fast tempo, attacking, hard tackling and pressing all over tactic which by my logic would get those exhausted opposition players to the point of death let alone any energy left to play football!

Although saying that i will probably get thumped next time i come up against one!

GC 2:Picked up Feyenoord this morning and quite impressed with they're squad.

Anyway lying 2nd behind an unbelivably good Ajax :eek: and still in Europe

Anyone want to deal feel free to make an offer or PM me.

GC 129:CSKA still looking to do deals even though im happy with the current squad, just cant resist dealing :D

Everyone bar Honda can leave on part exchnage deals for now.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS -

The offer for Romelu LUKAKU of RSC Anderlecht from CSKA Moskva has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

:D:D:D:D

Necid, Odiah and 4 mil

Guest MR. HAMMER

GC 73- Sergio Canales completes his move to Darlington for 9.2m :)

Joins Fofana who joined from Le Harve for 2.5m a Darlington Pre-season signings

Expect to make 1-2 more before the season starts

nice deals mate i have a 88 GK if you like at Moscova for loan.

Joins Fofana who joined from Le Harve for 2.5m a Darlington Pre-season signings

Expect to make 1-2 more before the season starts

:mad::eek:

I really need to pay more attention in this GC missing all the talents

Guest Abdel Zizi

:eek: I knew my brain cells were in decline since leaving college but now i have just realised the full extent of the problem! :o I can't even blame it on a typo as i've been doing it that way for the last year at least!

To be honest' date=' i don't remember a time i last failed to win by at least 3 goals to a NMF team. I just go with a fast tempo, attacking, hard tackling and pressing all over tactic which by my logic would get those exhausted opposition players to the point of death let alone any energy left to play football!

Although saying that i will probably get thumped next time i come up against one![/quote']

Believe me, I use the same kind of tactics. The match engine is not kind to me. And I see you making that mistake for quite some time now, thought it was time to inform you :P

Cracking deal Ray, really great signing for very cheap price.

GC 129:CSKA still looking to do deals even though im happy with the current squad' date=' just cant resist dealing :D

Everyone bar Honda can leave on part exchnage deals for now.[/quote']

That's Leigh's Ajax which is probably why it's so good. It was the first side ever to win the quadruple.

nice deals mate i have a 88 GK if you like at Moscova for loan.

My starting GK is julio Sergio an 89 and I dont do loans anyhow :)

To Be fair i would have just outbidded you anyway ;):)

Surprised i got him so cheaply but people must be worried about Darlington's spending power and rightly so :P

Wellinton and Lukaku will be supplied the bullets by Canales, James Rodriguez, Ander Herrera and Elias at the start of the season if nothing further happens :)

GC 129:CSKA still looking to do deals even though im happy with the current squad' date=' just cant resist dealing :D

Everyone bar Honda can leave on part exchnage deals for now.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS -

:D:D:D:D

Necid, Odiah and 4 mil[/quote']

I've got an Ajax with an average rating of 93 when everyone is fit, Richard Wallace built the team but what i'm saying is most Ajax's in the early GC's are very good.

Benameen Sheikh has HSV in 129 and he's is bombarding me with PM's about me cancelling my Afellay deal and then when I said no he asked for Berg back:rolleyes: Then, I see this in the newspaper

Elia is available for a 2 90 wingers under the age of 30. But also I am willing to negotiate on this.

Westermann is still a young player and is STILL available for 1 CB 91+ and a player in any other position. But also I am willing to negotiate on this.

ALL PLAYERS COMING IN MUST BE UNDER THE AGE OF 30 AND MUST BE ABOVE 75% MATCH FIT

Bit much:rolleyes:

I've got an Ajax with an average rating of 93 when everyone is fit' date=' Richard Wallace built the team but what i'm saying is most Ajax's in the early GC's are very good.[/quote']

What GC mate, and I bet he didnt have the competition like some of the people in this GC, full of experienced forumers :D

Likewise, you dont know how mad I was when I saw this as an ABD on the All Transfers page, fair play to Ray though.

Just had a bid accepted on Erding in GC73, another striker in, i'm happy :).