Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GOLD 45

ARSHAVIN & POGREBNYAK are available for P/X. I was going to accept a straight cash bid of 50m for Arshavin just so I could add some players to the paper thin squad but that time has come and gone.

Arshavin I am looking for a 2 90's a AM replacment and either L/RM OR W

Pogrebnyak I am open to any reasonable offers.

Just wondering if any of you guys noticed this

In GC12 My CB For my valencia was injured for 1 week its now been 3 weeks and he has recovered from the injury but his match fitness is staying at 42% i have sent SM A Ticket and as of yet i have had no reply

Also,In GC16 My brighton side Aleksei Ivanov was injured for 6 days when i bought him which was 16 days ago now he is 41% fitness and has been for 10 days

Wondering if any of you lot are having the same problem?>

Thanks for awnsers in advance

Glad GC's aren't getting created every other day now :D

Anyone know when GC54 will be coming?

I think it will be after the January transfer window.. so they can do all the new transfers..

Glad GC's aren't getting created every other day now :D

Anyone know when GC54 will be coming?

I think it will be after the January transfer window.. so they can do all the new transfers..

As much as I'm glad that they're not being created with the same regularity as before, I have to say that I am absolutely champing at the bit for this next one, because I am in desperate need of a new challenge. I only play Golds now with the exception of my first ever team in EC4, and the Westgate setup (which doesn't count because it's not a competitive setup). I don't want an old Gold squad, as I think you can't beat the excitement of a new Gold setup for what transfers you can try to do.

Does anyone know how often the international jobs get offered out in established Gold Championships? It's just that the England job became available in Gold 40 yesterday, and it doesn't appear to have been offered to anyone; and I would love that job!

Does anyone know how often the international jobs get offered out in established Gold Championships? It's just that the England job became available in Gold 40 yesterday' date=' and it doesn't appear to have been offered to anyone; and I would love that job![/quote']

I guess no-one knows then?

I guess no-one knows then?

If it only became free yesterday the the offer is probably still in somebodys club messages waiting a response - if they don't answer within 48 hours it will then be offered out again.

Personally not liking the international scene - dropped all my teams except Italy, Spain & France.....

If it only became free yesterday the the offer is probably still in somebodys club messages waiting a response - if they don't answer within 48 hours it will then be offered out again.

Yet in the England squad page it just says unmanaged; rather than job has been offered?

Liverpool GC3 - After taking on Liverpool at the start of the season (thank to Dai for them ;)), they are now 2nd in the league, 1 point off 1st, 6 points ahead of 3rd. Made a few improvements like bringing in Khedira for a large sum of money and a few more youths bringing the squad number to 98.

Transfer Listed:

• Andrès D'ALESSANDRO is available. The 91 rated Argentinean international will be allowed to leave if a young winger (left or right), rated 89+ is offered. Will also take a slightly older 90 rated winger, no OAP's.

AEK Athens GC11 - AEK have had a busy start to the season brining in no less than 19 players and selling 6. Sadly it's been an awful start to the season results wise.

Transfer Listed:

• Traianos DELLAS (89) is available for cash. offers in excess of £10 million will be considered.
  • Ucar UGUR (87) has also been made available for cash! The talented 21 year old is valued at £15 million.
  • Juan Sebastián VERON (92), is available for P/E... not just cash! Ideally looking for an under 24 year old 89 rated player, or Under 29 year old 90 rated player. I'm also willing to give cash to let the deal go through
  • Ricardo DANI (86) is also available for cash. Offers around 5 million will be considered.

Loan Listed

• Néstor Vicente VIDRIO (CB, 18, 85) Possible rise to 87
  • Humberto REVER (CB, 23, 83) Possible rise to 87
  • Lasse SCHONE (CM, 22, 85) No rise yet
  • Ivan CHERENCHIKOV (CB, 24, 86) Possible rise in the summer

Bid away ;)

As much as I'm glad that they're not being created with the same regularity as before' date=' I have to say that I am absolutely champing at the bit for this next one, because I am in desperate need of a new challenge. I only play Golds now with the exception of my first ever team in EC4, and the Westgate setup (which doesn't count because it's not a competitive setup). I don't want an old Gold squad, as I think you can't beat the excitement of a new Gold setup for what transfers you can try to do.[/quote']

It's not all bad taking a team in an old GC mate. The very first ones are the most active ones. Take over smaller sides and work your way up through job offers ;)

New GC's are only active for a few weeks and then the hunger for the next one starts.

Can anyone tell me if GC53 is as active as it was with transfers etc? - I'm not sure...:o

I can see most people are anticipating GC54..Especially as SM announced that it was a fixed time. But there are 53 odd GC's to choose from and more than 5 of those GC's will have decent teams available.

Forumers are letting us know VIA Job offers and new homes for teams threads :)

And I guess everyone was wrong about it being created on Christmas day and new years day :P

Made a offer for Alves in Gold 3' date=' he counters, i accpect, then he cancels, what is he thinking[/quote']

well we have a fair deal going for ronaldhinho.

could you keep cacau and the other that were already on my team please.

thanks.

gc 5 cska moscow need a wing 87+ for money.

gc 29 boca juniors looking for a 90+ stricker.

It's not all bad taking a team in an old GC mate. The very first ones are the most active ones. Take over smaller sides and work your way up through job offers ;)

New GC's are only active for a few weeks and then the hunger for the next one starts.

With all due respect I have been playing for about 18 months now, and have in the past managed teams in older setups. The problem is that I often get bored of managing the team in a season or so, because, in all honesty, I settled for second best when I opted to manage them in the first place, rather than wait to get a team that I really wanted.

I have also found it to be a mistake to take up job offers from "better" teams, because often the teams that have been left have been mismanaged, and this is not the sort of challenge that I look for in the game. This is the mistake I made when I quit America for Valencia in GC10 after being offered the Valencia job. I had had America from the start (as I team I actually wanted), and quit the setup completely within 6 weeks of taking Valencia, because they had been made virtually unmanageable by the previous manager.

The two other teams that I have in a Gold setup are Roma in GC11 and Arsenal in GC40. Both I have had from the start, and both are in active setups, even though one is a "classic" setup; and the other is in a newer setup. To say that new setups are always dead within a few weeks is a little inaccurate to say the least, as there are exceptions to the rule, with GC40 being one of them.

To be honest though, I can see the next Gold being an exception again because we have had to wait a little while for it. That being said, I'm not so sure that it is how often the Golds are created that makes the transfer markets so inactive so quickly, but also the attitude of the Managers that has developed over time. The emphisis has increasingly shifted over time to an obsession with adding depth to squads. This has resulted in ridiculous 3-for-1 and 4-for-1 deals being demanded, which buying managers in turn have been unprepared to go for because they don't want to compromise depth for quality themselves! This means that transfers don't get done, and the market hence stagnates.

Well guys my biggest game in SM history tonight in GC28 as my Man United take on Santos in SMFA Champs Cup final.

I actually delayed some friends so I could be here for the result. :D:o

Hi im Ken and I'm an Addict...... are a few words that spring to mind :P

Good luck mate' date=' dont [b']BOTTLE IT LIKE I DID[/b] ;)

Hyypia captains Lyon to a 1-0 SMFA Cup Victory over Atletico Madrid. A closely fought game was won by "Sami HYYPIA: Using all his skill darts past the defenders and drives the ball past the keeper!"... in typical Hyypia fashion :confused: (The funny thing is he'd normally be my 4/5th choice CB but was stand in captain for injured Squilacci tonight :rolleyes:)

Unlucky though Kuldeep. Like I said previously, very close game, could've gone either way.

That's now my 2nd SMFA Cup from 3 finals. This trophy is added to Lyon's Domestic Cup and Shield to make it a guaranteed Treble (with Quad still a very small possibility.. edit: just looked at table, quad not on realistically :o).

I really believe I am destined not to win an SMFA Cup, EVER!!

I have had such a terrible night tonight...

Lost to Juve on pens in GC31.... 1-0, Blinking 1-0 on pens, like... That was after Juve scored in the last minute of normal time for force penalties in the first place...

Other bad results have come tonight...

I wasn't confident against Kuldeep's first team in GC6, my Real's second team went down just 2-0 in the end..... Well done buddy!!