Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

SM Support sucks. If I treated my customers the same way as SM do with theirs my kids would suffer and the bank would take my house.

Had a stomach full to be honest. I'm not going into details, would be pointless as nothing will ever be done about it. SM are too busy sat back counting the money right now to give a dam.

I bought a new account for old GC's but I'm getting a refund on that and my other account only has 3 days to run. I won't be renewing. Sorry to Stifler. Your reports are awesome mind, hope a forumer takes Lazio in GC130 to carry on the competition in Italy.

Met loads of idiots here. But also met some really great people too such as Adam (Mr Adamski), Mr Belkevitz and of course the Dai once I got to know him a bit better. Hey Dai, sorry for being a fool that time mate, you didn't deserve that.

That's about it, hopefully I'll come across some of you guys elsewhere on the Interwebs sometime.

Oh god. I love this game and Gold Championships but there are 137 of them fgs!!! :rolleyes:

No-one cares about EC's etc really and they become less valuable to people so let's just hope GC's don't go that way (I know theres not as many, but you get my point). Personally the damage is down and we should probably only be on about GC70 or something like that by now. :/ :o

GC 110: I dont get this.....

Lost out on Otamendi to Romano's Arsenal with my Barca even though I bidded first but he was able to bid more' date=' and now the same has happened with Susaeta....

How on earth am I suppose to build my team if I cant get anyone?? :confused:[/quote']

Because I had £80m, now just under £60m.

I didn't even bid max on Susaeta, a good £700k under it. :)

Unlucky pal, but I need a Winger. :P

Any way we can protest against the ridiculous amount of GC's being produced? ie no-one reserving a team?

No chance of that happening. People will keep on reserving teams and the people who complain, mostly on here still go ahead and buy a team anyway. :rolleyes: So that's not going to happen, no way. Which is a shame as it would be for the "greater good" (:P) but everyone is too worried they will miss out on getting a team when they have like 30+ anyway.

SM Support sucks. If I treated my customers the same way as SM do with theirs my kids would suffer and the bank would take my house.

Had a stomach full to be honest. I'm not going into details' date=' would be pointless as nothing will ever be done about it. SM are too busy sat back counting the money right now to give a dam.

I bought a new account for old GC's but I'm getting a refund on that and my other account only has 3 days to run. I won't be renewing. Sorry to Stifler. Your reports are awesome mind, hope a forumer takes Lazio in GC130 to carry on the competition in Italy.

Met loads of idiots here. But also met some really great people too such as Adam (Mr Adamski), Mr Belkevitz and of course the Dai once I got to know him a bit better. Hey Dai, sorry for being a fool that time mate, you didn't deserve that.

That's about it, hopefully I'll come across some of you guys elsewhere on the Interwebs sometime.[/quote']

I would like to know, if you feel like PM'ing me sometime. The game and forum will lose a top manager and bloke if/when you leave. Maybe some of us could change your mind in these three days?

Liking the reference of 'the Dai'. Might use that. :P Thanks for the kind words.

If your dead set about going then I, aswel as others I'm sure wish you all the best. Pop back from time to time.

Looks like I (Barca) have you for competition..... And also I have some of my people on that plane hijacking it and it will now land in the Camp Nou. :D

Looking forward to a good challenge mate. For players and for honours. SHould be good.

Any way we can protest against the ridiculous amount of GC's being produced? ie no-one reserving a team?

There is nowhere. It may be stupid but the argument is still there. The ever growing number of Gold members needs to be satisfied with 'elite' setups. There are numerous arguments for and against but there are other threads already for that. If anyone can come up with suggestions then do it on a thread and approach a dev and simply ask them to take a read. It can't hurt. It will also stop some people going out of their mind about how may are being created.

Personally, I don't care. I only join when I want to. Thats the way everyone should be. If you don't want to pay for so many, Don't!

GC111 CSKA Moskow;

Have agreed a fee Liverpool for dutch winger Ryan Babel of £19.55million. CSKA Manager Kevin Kelly was on the look out for a winger to provide competition for Mesto, Gonzalez and Salvio and couldn't resist the hot and cold winger for cash.

The deal comes as a surprise to many as the two clubs will meet in the Super Cup Final later this evening.

Aint bought a GC team in ages but as man City were the only team I was interested in and popped up blue I took the plunge...

After 2hours worth of PM etc I remember why I have not bought a GC team in ages......there is almost 0% of people with realistic transfer expectations and are actually in any way half-decent to negotiate with....

Can almost guarentee nothing will be done and not likely to change looking at some of the replies I have got some are just plain absurd....

Waited ages for a City and feels like such an anti-climax already might quit before it starts.....its only £3 and not sure I can stomach any more of tese new GC'S.......not a patch on the old ones which have more amenible managers and sensible.

also really aint it about time they updated the SMFA Comps it really cant be that difficult with all the money SM have been taking, small improvement but would make a lot of people happy

Guest Abdel Zizi

Personally' date=' I don't care. I only join when I want to. [b']Thats the way everyone should be[/b]. If you don't want to pay for so many, Don't!

I strongly disagree everybody being like you :D

I agree in the extent that you chose when or when not to join a GC. You miss the point here though. It's not about how many GC's you join, it's about the value when you join. GC's are less worth due to this many gameworlds being catered. I doesn't matter if you join 0, 1 or all. Their value is going down at the rate of Wall Street's stock market in 1929. Nowadays, you can join leagues and be the only guy in it for an entire season. In terms of quality and competitiveness, this goes to show how much value GC's lost over time. There are only a handfull of really elite GC's and challenges, which goes to show that even between GC's their is a difference. And it'sn ot like SM can cater this kind of elite challenges, unless they create something new like the proposed platinums. The damage for GC's has been long done, even if they stopped making it today.

Aint bought a GC team in ages but as man City were the only team I was interested in and popped up blue I took the plunge...

After 2hours worth of PM etc I remember why I have not bought a GC team in ages......there is almost 0% of people with realistic transfer expectations and are actually in any way half-decent to negotiate with....

I agree Ray. Newer GC's are becoming so dull and anti-climax. I got Chelsea in GC129 and I don't even log in with them anymore. Waited years for a brand new Chelsea..

SM, do what you want. Bang out these 'once' ultimate Gold Championships every 2 days. Take your £200-£300 and laugh all the way to the bank at those mugs that consider paying for poor teams such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham, Athletic Club, Sporting etc as money well spent. Please. Just give the rest of us a reason to carry on 'enjoying this game'. I can't be bothered to match report anymore and i very rarely even bother posting my latest dealings or results or even honours on this discussions thread as i'm losing interest more and more each day.

Can't see myself wasting time with this rubbish for much more, not only are the GC's rubbish these days this forum gets clogged up with so much trash it hurts my eyes to read here anymore...

GC99: Benfica - Complete the signing of young Portuguese goalkeeper Rui Patricio from rivals Sporting CP in exchange for Manuel Quim and German Marcel Risse. I'm really happy with this as it gives me the good young keeper I was looking for and the squad is now looking good!

GC119: Udinese - Belgian midfielder Steven Defour joins the club from Standard Liege in a swap deal that saw two Italians Andrea Candreva and Antonio Floro Flores. A deal which I was pleased with as Flores is not needed with Barrios, Berg, Ibisevic, Jones and Matri all ahead of him. :P

First team now looking very nice:

Handanovic (89)

Almeida (88) -- Zapata (89) -- Felipe (89)

Cana (90)

Alexis Sanchez (89) -- Asamoah (88) -- Defour (89) -- Elia (89)

Barrios (89) -- Berg (89)

Then all these others very nice players in the squad is very pleasing so I bet Ray's Inter are quaking in their boots as we beat them 4-2 last time anyway ;):P

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=721689&clubid=17497814&sid=47937 :D

GC99: Benfica - Complete the signing of young Portuguese goalkeeper Rui Patricio from rivals Sporting CP in exchange for Manuel Quim and German Marcel Risse. I'm really happy with this as it gives me the good young keeper I was looking for and the squad is now looking good!

GC119: Udinese - Belgian midfielder Steven Defour joins the club from Standard Liege in a swap deal that saw two Italians Andrea Candreva and Antonio Floro Flores. A deal which I was pleased with as Flores is not needed with Barrios' date=' Berg, Ibisevic, Jones and Matri all ahead of him. :P

First team now looking very nice:

[center']Handanovic (89)

Almeida (88) -- Zapata (89) -- Felipe (89)

Cana (90)

Alexis Sanchez (89) -- Asamoah (88) -- Defour (89) -- Elia (89)

Barrios (89) -- Berg (89)[/center]

Then all these others very nice players in the squad is very pleasing so I bet Ray's Inter are quaking in their boots as we beat them 4-2 last time anyway ;):P

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=721689&clubid=17497814&sid=47937 :D

Ray's Inter is above you in the league

Ray's Inter is in a good position to progress to last 8 in SMFA Cup

Ray's Inter have a higher rated average First and 2nd XI

Ray has given up on deals and is happy to work with what he now has

Ray really aint that worried ;):P

Ray's Inter is above you in the league

Ray's Inter is in a good position to progress to last 8 in SMFA Cup

Ray's Inter have a higher rated average First and 2nd XI

Ray has given up on deals and is happy to work with what he now has

Ray really aint that worried ;):P

Ray we will see at the end. I think it's only a few points between 5th and 1st. Our head to head reads Hunty 1-0 Ray ;):P

P.S I love that post Ray :P

Some observations....

My 1st fixture in GC69 was on 19th September 2009, less than 12 months later there have now been an additional 68 GC's created :eek:

I'm still in many GC's so just out of curiosity I had a quick look at the occupancy of my earlier GC teams:

22 - 143 clubs managed

24 - 102 clubs managed

37 - 72 clubs managed

40 - 80 clubs managed

48 - 80 clubs managed

49 - 89 clubs managed

50 - 90 clubs managed

59 - 97 clubs managed

65 - 87 clubs managed

68 - 99 clubs managed

69 - 103 clubs managed

So GC37 with a quite frankly pathetic 17.39% of clubs managed seems to be the lowest managed of the GC's I could be bothered to check, anyone beat this?

One of the great things about being a GM when I joined was to "Compete in the huge Gold Game Worlds" I can still do this, but with the less fashionable clubs, such as Panathinaikos, River Plate etc.. I find myself competing in a very lonely division.

I have a Panathinaikos in GC29, I won the league ages ago and currently have a record of P33, W32, D1, L0, GF131, GA27, GD104, PTS97, I could reach 100 points in a 36 games season with one more win out of the last 3, I have built up a fairly good team, but what's the point with no other managers to compete against?

Becoming slightly more disillusioned by the day....

SM' date=' do what you want. Bang out these 'once' ultimate Gold Championships every 2 days. Take your £200-£300 and laugh all the way to the bank at those mugs that consider paying for poor teams such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham, Athletic Club, Sporting etc as money well spent. Please. Just give the rest of us a reason to carry on 'enjoying this game'. I can't be bothered to match report anymore and i very rarely even bother posting my latest dealings or results or even honours on this discussions thread as i'm losing interest more and more each day.

Can't see myself wasting time with this rubbish for much more, not only are the GC's rubbish these days this forum gets clogged up with so much trash it hurts my eyes to read here anymore...[/font']

I brought Newcastle and i'm no mug, the only mug around here is you because all you do is moan, I agree that there's too many GC's being made but whinging about it isn't going to make a little bit of differance.

I would be well up for that :mad:

Unless you saw Barcelona available?

Let's face it, even if we did get a good protest going there's far more non-forum GMs than us rendering any attempt to protest pretty useless.

It's not a massive problem. If you want a club then buy it. If you don't want to buy it then hope to pick it up on opening or get one in an old GC (I've seen every top team on the Available Teams Thread). If you don't really want to manage the club then for heaven's sake, don't buy them :rolleyes:

Unless you saw Barcelona available?

Let's face it' date=' even if we did get a good protest going there's far more non-forum GMs than us rendering any attempt to protest pretty useless.

It's not a massive problem. If you want a club then buy it. If you don't want to buy it then hope to pick it up on opening or get one in an old GC (I've seen every top team on the Available Teams Thread). If you don't really want to manage the club then for heaven's sake, don't buy them :rolleyes:[/quote']

Erm... Assuming again are we? :rolleyes: If we got a protest up... i wouldn't join even if it were free:cool:

Had a stomach full to be honest. I'm not going into details' date=' would be pointless as nothing will ever be done about it. SM are too busy sat back counting the money right now to give a dam.

That's about it, hopefully I'll come across some of you guys elsewhere on the Interwebs sometime.[/quote']

You don't have to apologise to me mate - if GC's were filled with more guys like your good self then SM would be a better place. If you change your mind or ever decide to come back I look forward to getting battered by your 3-6-1 again:p

For crying out loud, clubs stay available for weeks on end and once i place a bid on a player that i want this happens....

"David Gonçalves has parted company with Feyenoord after the manager decided that they have done all that they can for the club.

Feyenoord have appointed David Gonçalves as the clubs new manager.

Santos have appointed RICHARD HOGG as the clubs new manager."

:mad: :mad: :mad: