Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

The amount of forumers on this game who just ignore transfer bids you make are startling at times.

You make a load of bids and they just ignore them for days....fair enough understand sometimes you wanna mull things over but surely 2-3days is long enough. Just accept/reject or counter dont leaveit hanging people

What is even more frustrating is when you see them negotiating with other people for the same player you had bidded on. If you dont like it please just reject it or holding it a common courtesy PM explaining why might be nice' date=' it dont take that long and is a nice thing to do.

Just withdrew about 13bids where people cant be bothered to click a button and let you know. C'mon people it aint that hard :)[/quote']

Obviously is for some people, it's one thing i always do is respond, just can't hack having messages sitting there, like to keep the inbox tidy :P

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

On the transfer side of things, I would like to see players only being allowed on the transfer list for a fixed period of time - a major annoyance of mine is that the transfer list is always clogged up with players who have been there for years.

For me, if a player is transfer listed it means that you WANT TO SELL HIM.

Irritating when you make a fair bid for someone on the transfer list and get a daft counter or an insulted reply etc ..... If he is listed for transfer then YOU ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO SELL HIM SO DON'T EXPECT TO RECEIVE TOP DOLLAR.

Common sense really.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Milan + Brazil (GC20)

3-4-1-2

GK: Abbiati (89) // Stijnen (87)

RB: Sagna (92) // Abate (88)

CB: Nesta (94) // Marcellis (87)

LB: Almeida (88) // Chico (88)

RM: Diego (93) // Seedorf (92)

CM: Lampard (95) // Ambrosini (92)

CM: Cambiasso (95) // Annan (86)

LM: Ronaldinho (94) // Lanzafame (86)

AM: Kaka (97) // Cossu (89)

CF: Pato (92) // Toni (92)

CF: Chamakh (90) // Paloschi (86)

Reserves:

Bonera (89), Kaladze (88), Favalli (88), Brocchi (87), Avdic (83), Amrabat (86), Baba (85)

My Milan team. Bare with me, I know it's not that good.

Inherited the team after Bosanceros' exit, and never did much with them bar selling Gattuso, Pirlo etc for Cambiasso, Lampard and co.

Initially I only stayed because I was en route to the my first WC victory with Brazil, the final I eventually won.

I also bought +- 10 players from unmanaged teams, Marcellis, Almeida, Chico, Abate, Cossu etc.

Anyways, all players above are for sale!

Only reluctant to see Pato go. Get those offers in.

Guest MR. HAMMER

Well 137 is going well for Stoke City I have spent 26.7M and brought in 24.4M my A side has a AvR of 88 with a all change in to the B side is 85 my best players Rating in the A team is 90 with a 88 in the B side can not wate for my B sides game tonight in the cup.

Franco to play his first game after a move from FA for 5M

...If he is listed for transfer then YOU ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO SELL HIM SO DON'T EXPECT TO RECEIVE TOP DOLLAR.

Common sense really.

Not necessarily. I like to have players sat on the transfer list to attract offers from external clubs on the off chance that they suddenly drop in value. If I already have an offer then I don't end up losing out 'cos I can sell him quickly for the old cost. But otherwise I have no intention of selling him.

Guest MR. HAMMER

just seen this in 110

Sataday 11th

Middlesborugh 3-1 Arsenal

Middlesbough last season 2nd in the Championship.

is this the sigh I have made a team move from the championship to now a top 10 Premiaship side only time will tell made some nice pree season signings at that.

best part is it was not even my 1st team but it was theres.

just seen this in 110

Sataday 11th

Middlesborugh 3-1 Arsenal

Middlesbough last season 2nd in the Championship.

is this the sigh I have made a team move from the championship to now a top 10 Premiaship side only time will tell made some nice pree season signings at that.

best part is it was not even my 1st team but it was theres.

Spawny result.

Look at the stats, I should have won. ;)

GC87 Manchester United:

Been a busy few days at United.. Firstly, Diego Ribas joined from Villarreal in exchange for Michael Carrick and Javier Hernandez, Markel Susaeta also joined in a swap for JS Park, Jonathan De Guzman joined with Hargreaves going the other way. Berbatov moved to Juve in exchange for Edinson Cavani, Wayne Rooney also moved to Juventus with Giorgio Chiellini and Stevan Jovetic.

Luis Anderson was sold to Galatasaray for 3 Million and Nuri Sahin, while Arda turan joined from Werder Bremen in exchange for Obertan and Johny Evans. Maxime Gonalons also joined with Darren Gibson and Federico Macheda heading to Lyon. Bertoglio, Kouyate, Odjidja-Ofoe, Shinji Kagawa, Jose Rondon, Alvaro Morata, Stephan El Shaarawy and Marco Djuricin all joined as well for a combined fee of 59 Million.

On the transfer side of things' date=' I would like to see players only being allowed on the transfer list for a fixed period of time - a major annoyance of mine is that the transfer list is always clogged up with players who have been there for years.

For me, if a player is transfer listed it means that you [b']WANT TO SELL HIM[/b].

Irritating when you make a fair bid for someone on the transfer list and get a daft counter or an insulted reply etc ..... If he is listed for transfer then YOU ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO SELL HIM SO DON'T EXPECT TO RECEIVE TOP DOLLAR.

Common sense really.

Common sense? Not at all.

My players have been listed since I joined GC1. Nerly 2 years ago. I have yet to recieve decent offers for Gilardino or Clichy. A gazillion cash offer but nothing to even think about otherwise. I want to add depth as I lack it seriously but I have never had the offers to do so. I still want to deal using them if I can so leave them listed to let people know. Your saying I have no common sense by doing this?

People should only transfer list players if they are trying to flog on the cheap? How long have you played this game? Seriously? You know thats not how it works.

The amount of forumers on this game who just ignore transfer bids you make are startling at times.

You make a load of bids and they just ignore them for days....fair enough understand sometimes you wanna mull things over but surely 2-3days is long enough. Just accept/reject or counter dont leaveit hanging people

What is even more frustrating is when you see them negotiating with other people for the same player you had bidded on. If you dont like it please just reject it or holding it a common courtesy PM explaining why might be nice' date=' it dont take that long and is a nice thing to do.

Just withdrew about 13bids where people cant be bothered to click a button and let you know. C'mon people it aint that hard :)[/quote']

If your talking about me in that list then fair enough. I will explain that I am awaiting a response about the player you have offered for in GC19 from another manager and don't want to accept/reject/counter your offer incase you accept and I had a chance of getting the deal I wanted from that other manager. I don't like cancelling accepted offers. I didn't think it would take this long for a reply. I probably would of PM'ed soon to explain that as your offer was very good. (Even though, seeing your offer is still in for him you might not be talking about me :o . Still worth the explaination.)

My players have been listed since I joined GC1. Nerly 2 years ago. I have yet to recieve decent offers for Gilardino or Clichy. A gazillion cash offer but nothing to even think about otherwise. I want to add depth as I lack it seriously but I have never had the offers to do so. I still want to deal using them if I can so leave them listed to let people know. Your saying I have no common sense by doing this?

People should only transfer list players if they are trying to flog on the cheap? How long have you played this game? Seriously? You know thats not how it works.

I find your post quite silly tbh.

I didn't particularly have you in mind when I posted this Dai' date=' but I stand by what I say.

If a player is on the transfer list then you are trying to sell him - that's why the transfer list exists surely. I'm not saying transfer listed players should be sold "on the cheap", but there should be more realistic expectations about a player if you are saying I WANT TO SELL THIS PLAYER.

If a player has been on the transfer list for 2 years then do you really want to sell him? - would the "available" option not be more suitable.

Would it not be better if transfer listed players have a quicker turnover so that when someone is looking to do business they can look on the transfer list knowing that there is real intent to do business with the listed players?[/size']

I never put players on the transfer list as i just use the newspaper and if that doesn't work i just keep the players :). Don't like putting on transfer list as some part of me thinks it affects their morale. Reckon it's the championship manager in me :D

Ha Ha - thats not a bad idea! Maybe it's the champ manager in me that expects the transfer list to be for players that are looking to be moved on rather than just there to invite offers.

After all' date=' the asking price was normally lower than the players value on CM/FM if the player was listed for transfer[/size']

1. I didn't particularly have you in mind when I posted this Dai' date=' but I stand by what I say.

2. If a player is on the transfer list then you are trying to sell him - that's why the transfer list exists surely. I'm not saying transfer listed players should be sold "on the cheap", but there should be more realistic expectations about a player if you are saying I WANT TO SELL THIS PLAYER.

3. If a player has been on the transfer list for 2 years then do you really want to sell him? - would the "available" option not be more suitable.

4. Would it not be better if transfer listed players have a quicker turnover so that when someone is looking to do business they can look on the transfer list knowing that there is real intent to do business with the listed players?

1. I'm one that has had players on the transfer list for years within many setups and will continue to have them listed until I get deals that I want. It was aimed at 'people like me'.

2. I want to do deals using my players so why shouldn't they be on the transfer list until I get an offer that I want to sell the player at? Just because I'm not getting any worthwhile offers for them I shouldn't list them? No way!

3. My players are transfer listed, whether it be for a day or 2 years as I have a MASSIVE interest in wanting to deal with that player.

4. Not many would notice the 'available' thing and wouldn't see that I am only interested in P/E and even more cash offers would come in if they did notice. It would be better if transfer listed players meant those players were transfered quicker but thats not the way it works, as you know. The game isn't going to change just like that. Just to suit what you think should be happening. Its been like this for 5 years.

I have to make the point again. My players are listed and stay listed for however long it takes asthere is always a 'real intent' to do deals.

GC108- Chelsea have a busy couple of days, 1st Adrian Mutu was sold to Inter for £9 million, played well for me as a back up but still made 200k on him, plus recalled Javier Hernandez and along with Cassano, and the korean guy from Monaco, have 3 decent backups for Villa and Aguerro.

Also David Silva will be joining Bayern Munchen for Bastos, SWP & 10 million. Greg Owen at Bayern a nice guy to deal with who responds to PM's and bids :D

gc 9 im selling my best midfider for 35 million pounds because i dont think he will maintain his rating of 91 tim cahill it is a gamble but i think it willwill bring me money to buy much better players who i wont disclose:p

gc 25 ive sold darren fletcher to kensationals sevilla for jean makoun and roque santa cruz which i think gives me good stength in depth up front but i will sell roque when his tb is up

gc 9 im selling my best midfider for 35 million pounds because i dont think he will maintain his rating of 91 tim cahill it is a gamble but i think it willwill bring me money to buy much better players who i wont disclose:p

That is a gamble. I'd say Cahill, despite an average world cup, is a rock solid 91 for now. Especially after his early season form.

I'm much the same. Although I do transfer list players aswell as using the newspaper. For me the newspaper is by far the most effective way of generating interest.

In some of my set-ups some players are permanently transfer listed. Judging by some of the ridiculous counter offers I get when attempting to make an offer, its no wonder they remain on the transfer list indefinitely.

Each to their own though.

I never put players on the transfer list as i just use the newspaper and if that doesn't work i just keep the players :). Don't like putting on transfer list as some part of me thinks it affects their morale. Reckon it's the championship manager in me :D

That is a gamble. I'd say Cahill' date=' despite an average world cup, is a rock solid 91 for now. Especially after his early season form.[/quote']

normally i wouldnt sell him but i have a oppitunity might be getting a , 95 cf , 94 cm so i think it is a well worth gamble and plus 2 world class youngsters so i think it is a good gamble.

If your talking about me in that list then fair enough. I will explain that I am awaiting a response about the player you have offered for in GC19 from another manager and don't want to accept/reject/counter your offer incase you accept and I had a chance of getting the deal I wanted from that other manager. I don't like cancelling accepted offers. I didn't think it would take this long for a reply. I probably would of PM'ed soon to explain that as your offer was very good. (Even though' date=' seeing your offer is still in for him you might not be talking about me :o . Still worth the explaination.)[/quote']

As I said in my post it wasnt specifically aimed at any one manager more just a general statement, (though your delay over the Khederia offer-which i had forgotten about actually :o is an example)

I dont mind being left for a few days i do that myself to see if others bid etc but after a few days you should IMO anyhow know what you are going to do or just a PM, I try to respond to all quickly (dont always succeed) but a little common courtesy goes a long way.

I actually get more frustarted when you put in an offer they negotiate with other people and just leave you standing there rather than being totally ignored. An example was George on the forum, nothing against him find him to be a nice guy as i say this is just an example but actively asks for offers for Busquets I put in an offer of a good cash sum+Fernando Porto DM 90 and Lafita, maybe it isnt the greatest bid but certainly not insulting as an opening offer and can always be negotiated, Negotiates with everybody else and just ignores my offer....all I am saying is please simply reject if you dont like it and put me out my misery :P:p

Plus as Nin mentioned alweays nice to keep the inbox tidy LOL bit of a neat freak myself

As I said in my post it wasnt specifically aimed at any one manager more just a general statement' date=' (though your delay over the Khederia offer-which i had forgotten about actually :o is an example)

I dont mind being left for a few days i do that myself to see if others bid etc but after a few days you should IMO anyhow know what you are going to do or just a PM, I try to respond to all quickly (dont always succeed) but a little common courtesy goes a long way.

I actually get more frustarted when you put in an offer they negotiate with other people and just leave you standing there rather than being totally ignored. An example was George on the forum, nothing against him find him to be a nice guy as i say this is just an example but actively asks for offers for Busquets I put in an offer of a good cash sum+Fernando Porto DM 90 and Lafita, maybe it isnt the greatest bid but certainly not insulting as an opening offer and can always be negotiated, Negotiates with everybody else and just ignores my offer....all I am saying is please simply reject if you dont like it and put me out my misery :P:p

Plus as Nin mentioned alweays nice to keep the inbox tidy LOL bit of a neat freak myself[/quote']

Sorry about that, i was logging in and out of the site yesterday, i was also receiving numerous bids for him and pm's.

I had a few offers that came in that stood out to me, and for a bit i did forget about your offer, for me though if another team has players im more interested in i'll try to negotiate with them first to see how there responds/counters go. Once they have ended i will then look at whats left, i admit i could have pm'd you and should of, but at least i didnt keep you waiting for days:p was only a few hours :D.