Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Stephen Marshallay I know he gets mentioned fairly frequently here but it's just mind boggling.

He's a 40+ year old bloke.

He has 66 clubs.

He gets a top team in almost every new GC.

I swear the only relationship he must have is with his F5 button.

Or he may be working online at times gc's are created. I used to always be online at time of creation and had 20 teams at 1 point with them all being top 10 ones. He has no trouble managing them so no big deal

Or he may be working online at times gc's are created. I used to always be online at time of creation and had 20 teams at 1 point with them all being top 10 ones. He has no trouble managing them so no big deal

Yeah he normally does pretty well too, only thing is he never hardly does deals from what I've seen..

Stephen Marshallay I know he gets mentioned fairly frequently here but it's just mind boggling.

He has 66 clubs.

Why must he if you actually ever had a converstaion or dealt with him on SM I have found him to be a very nice fella, very polite easy to deal with.

If he chooses to have that many teams thats his choice if he wants to have any team and gets em good luck to him, it is nobody else's business what he does or does not do.

I personally wouldnt have anywhere near that level of teams but plenty of people like him, Dai and many others manage to keep multiple teams and manage them successfully so good luck to them.

Why must he if you actually ever had a converstaion or dealt with him on SM I have found him to be a very nice fella' date=' very polite easy to deal with.

If he chooses to have that many teams thats his choice if he wants to have any team and gets em good luck to him, it is nobody else's business what he does or does not do.

I personally wouldnt have anywhere near that level of teams but plenty of people like him, Dai and many others manage to keep multiple teams and manage them successfully so good luck to them.[/quote']

I agree, Stephen has some cracking teams but manages them all well and as already been said he manages them well. Shouldn't matter if he has 6 or 66 clubs, that is his perogitive.

He usually does all his deals before the first game, top bloke IMO, always quick to help you out with a loan etc.

And good to deal with too. Very, fair. :)

He has 66 clubs.

Hahahaha. Made my day!!!

Guest JackWWFC

GREAT night! GC34 - Rangers beat Dai's Celtic 2-1 to go TOP of the league :D 4 games to go and a point clear, can win this thing! Celtic have won it the last how many years, now it's my turn.

GC27 - Sevilla win the League, 12 points clear with a game left, easy really, beat 2nd place 4-1.

GC93 - Lille OSC beat AJ Auxerre 6-1.

GC132 - Bordeaux beat Grenoble Foot 38 4-1.

GC33 - Club America beat Santos Laguna 2-1.

Woo!

Why must he if you actually ever had a converstaion or dealt with him on SM I have found him to be a very nice fella' date=' very polite easy to deal with.

I personally wouldnt have anywhere near that level of teams but plenty of people like him, Dai and many others manage to keep multiple teams and manage them successfully so good luck to them.[/quote']

I second that, if he believes your offer to be too much he wont be rude and swear at you he'll tell you hes up for deals just not for that price or if he doesn't like anything he'll tell you that kindly.

Decent enough set of results so far although Man United in GC42 lost heavily (5-2) to an unmanaged B'ham side.

Guess I spoke too soon, had a few defeats after posting this.

Notably in GC36 where Real Madrid lost 2-0 to unmanaged Osasuna. Bringing our unbeaten run in the league to an end at 23 games. :(

Guess I spoke too soon' date=' had a few defeats after posting this.

Notably in GC36 where Real Madrid lost 2-0 to unmanaged Osasuna. Bringing our unbeaten run in the league to an end at 23 games. :([/quote']

I've had more than the usual number of defeats tonight. Tried a few variations of 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 diamond that did not pay off.

I'd love to find a consistent alternative to 3-5-2. It really grates on me using that formation.

Very good night for me, especially in terms of important results.

Most important results of the night:

GC34: Barcelona beat Real Betis 3-1 away from home with goals from Cacares, Godin and Iniesta. We are two points clear at the top of the league ahead of Valencia with only 5 games to go so every match is important for us.

GC67: Rangers just win 3-2 tonight and so did Celtic, so we stay top by just two points, so in 34 and 67 the final day of the season will probably be very nerveracking. :o

GC99: Benfica edge past league leaders (not anymore) Sporting CP 2-1 tonight. This meant we go 2nd and Porto go top but only 2 points behind them, and the Portuguese shield final is next, and also against FC Porto!

GC105: Dynamo Kyiv beat Shakhtar 3-2 away from home to go top of the league, and I haven't really paid loads of attention to them so far this season and I thought we were doing a lot worse than we actually are. So I'm happy.

GC119: Udinese easily brush past Roma 3-1 with the second team and the goals came from Matri, Matuidi and Ninkovic. But more importantly this win see's us break the top four as Internazionale and Ray drop out and only two points behind second. Also, this win signifies a 25 game unbeaten run. :D

I've had more than the usual number of defeats tonight. Tried a few variations of 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 diamond that did not pay off.

I'd love to find a consistent alternative to 3-5-2. It really grates on me using that formation.

I always try and counter the opponent (or what I think they'll use) and I've got a pretty dandy record against the 352. It does tend to work against unmanaged sides though as it works well against 442, 443 and 451 (most of the time).

GC28 - MANCHESTER UNITED

Finally win the league after 5 seasons of trying ! Actually quite chuffed as this is my favourite squad on SM for obvious enough reasons :D What makes it sweeter is this season I've barely bothered about them lol

Wouldn't mind getting a few deals done though now at the end of the season. Players like Benzema, David Silva, Juan, Carrick, Hamsik, Pablo Hernandez, Santa Cruz, Elias, Granero, Yarmolenko and Eremenko can all go in 2-4-1 deals for higher rated players.

Some decent results and a couple of bad ones but who cares cos i'm certain i've won the league in GC31 and it's the one i've wanted since starting this game.

Now technically not confirmed but can't see Roma yanking back that GD :D

79140379.jpg

It should be confirmed as I don't think you can score more than 12 goals in a game anymore. :P

Allan said he once had like 24-0 lol.

It should be confirmed as I don't think you can score more than 12 goals in a game anymore. :P

Allan said he once had like 24-0 lol.

Huh :confused: I've never won 24-0 :confused: My biggest win is 12-0..

I've seen a 27-0 go check EC7 and Man United, but that was in the very early days of SM before the ME was decent

Huh :confused: I've never won 24-0 :confused: My biggest win is 12-0..

I've seen a 27-0 go check EC7 and Man United' date=' but that was in the very early days of SM before the ME was decent[/quote']

Ah that's what I meant. Must've read it wrong, I saw you post like 20 something on that thread a couple of weeks ago.