Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC31: Genoa - Yesterday young Dutch striker Luuk De Jong joined Genoa along with Turkey midfielder Belozoglu Emre the combined fee was £12million. The squad is fairly decent, and hoping to bring in a few more players to improve the squad and hopefully break the top four.

We finished 5th this season. Won last night 5-0. Some good managers in Italy so should be decent!

I am doing my own GC Challenge with a bunch of my own 'real-life' friends in this GC. The thing that makes it worth paying for is unlike most of the forumers on here' date=' they won't resign after they can't hack it.

You will probably find some more poor teams such as Fulham, Birmingham, WBA etc will end up being reserved if they haven't already. Yep i am lining SM's pockets and encouraging their shocking GC creation schedule which will furthermore ruin the other GC's i am in but if i get at least one good GC out of it for £3 as i have people in it that will actually stick around it will be worth it. My Barcelona and Real Madrid are both in shockingly poor GC's i will probably quit them both once GC140 opens up or at least the one.

Nice of you to dig that up though Ninster, enjoy the rest of your day...[/quote']

That's fair enough Dan, hardly gonna enjoy the rest of the day as rotting at work, but hey no harm in reserving a team especially to do a challenge, i only reserve teams for my own enjoyment as i rarely do deals with humans

Ive lost my love for GC's.

Going to quit th following:

Celtic GC1, all you get are cash offers in the GC.

GC109 Hearts.

GC24 Aston Villa.

That leaves me with 5 GC clubs:

Milan 130

Lyon 124

Barca 137

Arsenal 124

VFB Stuttgart 50

Next up in a week or so will be Barca, then the rest unless I regain interest in GC's(somehow).

Im also going to ask for a refund for the 2nd year of my Gold membership.

The game isn't nearly what it used to be and IMO SM have wrecked GC's. Something needs to be done, even the thread is dieing. I'm also finding Standard GW's much better.

I feel the same Aaron, quit Ajax in 113 and Villa in 109 last couple of days, some more may go.

GC 110:

The offer for Romelu LUKAKU of Corinthians from Barcelona has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Even id find it hard to turn down Tardelli and Vela for him :)

EDIT: Apologies to those this may effect or wanted the club, I took Sevilla in GC 8 yesterday and im sorry but im going to quit, I was a fool for taking them knowing full well that GC'S are just annoying me as of late, so sorry again.

I totally agree with the above. I am not really participating in many GC'S and do look set to quit some more. Have said it since the first time this happened but when the reserve a club feature appeared SM went downhill and has never gone uphill as in the good old days everyone had a chance to get a Barca or Madrid but I don't really know why I should spend £3.00 on a team on a game and around £12.00 a month if I bought a team everytime I fully understand people not doing this but I wouldn't be suprised if a few did...

GC130 - Internazionale

Inter drew last night with Stifler's Genoa, no complaints there.

Yet Inter lose 1-0 tonight to Sean Cox's Darlington. Being honest, he won possesssion, but every-thing else I won. he played 3-5-2, ridiculous formation, SM just need to be realistic.

Anyways, well done Sean.

EDIT - I also have a considerably superior team, lol

Now ive had a little clean up of GC teams I only remain in

61 - Leverkusen

70 - Swindon

73 - Man Utd

110 - Barcelona

116 - Arsenal

125 - Real Madrid

2 - Feyenoord - Now gone

132 - Rangers

1 - Sochaux

19 - Wolfsburg

137 - Man Utd

To be honest there's only about 4 or 5 out of them that I care about :(

SM have 164 days to improve things for myself as im quite happy to lose my GC teams and remain a standard member, where I enjoy all the clubs ive got.

Ive lost my love for GC's.

Going to quit th following:

Celtic GC1' date=' all you get are cash offers in the GC.

GC109 Hearts.

GC24 Aston Villa.

That leaves me with 5 GC clubs:

Milan 130

Lyon 124

Barca 137

Arsenal 124

VFB Stuttgart 50

Next up in a week or so will be Barca, then the rest unless I regain interest in GC's(somehow).

Im also going to ask for a refund for the 2nd year of my Gold membership.

The game isn't nearly what it used to be and IMO SM have wrecked GC's. Something needs to be done, even the thread is dieing. I'm also finding Standard GW's much better.[/quote']

I feel your pain. I took my beloved west ham in GC140 and regretting it already.

I had 22 teams and cut this down to 14. I am thinking on leaving bordeaux in GC114 and Ajax in GC117

These two GC's are just so dead. Good teams are getting raided and 90rtd players are leaving unmanaged clubs. Feels like a world championship after a few weeks:(

Carlisle United - Gold Championship 123:

Alan GATAGOV has completed his move to Carlisle United from Lokomotiv Moskva for £4,800,000.

Very happy with this deal! Got the funds together rather quickly too thanks to my money spinners. Still having a clear out at Carlisle, feel free to have a look and see if anybody takes your fancy. More transfer news expected in the next few days.

I feel the same way as you boys, and I've decided to try out a WC see what they're like. I'm going to quit a couple of my GC sides but not sure which yet, probably will only keep my Barcelona, Udinese, Benfica and a couple of others. Liverpool and Napoli will be axed in the next few days then at the end of the season I might let Kyiv go. :o

I love my teams like Udinese and Benfica which I have built to be class young sides, but not really into Liverpool in 16 tbh, and Napoli I've also built a nice squad so when I quit in a week or two, definitely worth keeping an eye on. :)

I feel the same way as you boys' date=' and I've decided to try out a WC see what they're like. I'm going to quit a couple of my GC sides but not sure which yet, probably will only keep my Barcelona, Udinese, Benfica and a couple of others. Liverpool and Napoli will be axed in the next few days then at the end of the season I might let Kyiv go. :o

I love my teams like Udinese and Benfica which I have built to be class young sides, but not really into Liverpool in 16 tbh, and Napoli I've also built a nice squad so when I quit in a week or two, definitely worth keeping an eye on. :)[/quote']

Even I'm starting to enjoy standards better now - theres a few really good ones out there EC1, 106, 7046 and WC 10000 has the makings of a great one - also I'v started to get into customs a lot more as well, with some fantastic ones with different rules and challanges - I have 72 days on one of my gold accounts and I might just let it run out and keep the other 2

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1693

A quick plug for my Monterrey side in GC107 - 12 games into season 2 and sitting pretty with 12 straight wins in the league, 10 points clear of 2nd place.

Happy Days.

62855_10150090735964018_629794017_7121249_1489063_n.jpg

EDIT -

ONLY 6 OF US REMAIN WHO STARTED IN MEXICO 107 - SAD INDICTMENT OF THE STAYING POWER OF MANY OF US.

Just quit Real Madrid GC74. Had some big names like Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Casillas, Ribery, Fabregas, Robben, Chiellini, Aguero, Alonso, Pepe and a few others decent players to make up the squad like Rui Patricio, Clichy, Cissokho, Bocchetti, L. Diarra, Marchisio, Pandev and quite a few others.

Problem is even by todays low GC standards this has to be the worst setup on SM. Goodluck to whoever is unfortunate enough to pick them up.

Looking to quit 1 or 2 more clubs so i can focus on GC140 in what should be a decent GC in England Div 1.

Guest MR. HAMMER

The offer for Aiyegbeni YAKUBU of Everton from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

GC139: This setup is becoming my fave one yet got some nice youths in and another two joining one is 22 at that but still young,

Sunderland - £8.0M + Jack COLBACK + Fraizer CAMPBELL - Accepted.

one heck of a deal for my side who is billding a team for the long term and short my 1st team has everyone it needs and now my youth team is coming together nice this is how the futher of the side will look,

REPONEN 70

OJALA 70

MANOEL 85

CHARA 70

DE BOCK 75

WALLACE 74

RODWELL 87

COLBACK 82

CHIARELLI 71

CAMPBELL 86

BAXTER 75

not the best but most will rise to 80+s and never no could be the next big star in there two will be also playing 1st team football this week Manoel and De Bock will play in the side against Blackpool to test there skills against a some called tricky side.

completly fogot to post about chelsea just coming free disided not to move to them and stick with everton thay now have a manager.

GC130 - Internazionale

Inter drew last night with Stifler's Genoa' date=' no complaints there.

Yet Inter lose 1-0 tonight to Sean Cox's Darlington. Being honest, he won possesssion, but every-thing else I won. he played 3-5-2, ridiculous formation, SM just need to be realistic.

Anyways, well done Sean.

EDIT - I also have a considerably superior team, lol[/quote']

I always play 3-5-2 with that team though mate, and it was never going to change as the were doing so well :D

The offer for Aiyegbeni YAKUBU of Everton from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

GC139: This setup is becoming my fave one yet got some nice youths in and another two joining one is 22 at that but still young' date='

[b']Sunderland - £8.0M + Jack COLBACK + Fraizer CAMPBELL - Accepted. [/b]

one heck of a deal for my side who is billding a team for the long term and short my 1st team has everyone it needs and now my youth team is coming together nice this is how the futher of the side will look,

REPONEN 70

OJALA 70

MANOEL 85

CHARA 70

DE BOCK 75

WALLACE 74

RODWELL 87

COLBACK 82

CHIARELLI 71

CAMPBELL 86

BAXTER 75

not the best but most will rise to 80+s and never no could be the next big star in there two will be also playing 1st team football this week Manoel and De Bock will play in the side against Blackpool to test there skills against a some called tricky side.

completly fogot to post about chelsea just coming free disided not to move to them and stick with everton thay now have a manager.

Wouldn't say thats 'one heck of a deal'. But again its your call.

I just took over Sporting in GC8 so looking out for deals with them, interested PM me. :)