Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

You know GCs are dead when 5 hours after 141 is created only 3 people have posted about it.

As long as 70+ people keep reserving a club each time SM are going to keep churning them out.

Yawn.

Totally agree mate and I was once like that, whenever a GC was created id pay for any half decent team but now you got no chance, and I think everyone else will slowly start to feel like this, as the only way enjoyment in new in GC'S can go now is down.

But i'll still keep the teams ive got now, well for the mean time.

Big Yawn :o Another GC made, its starting to come annoying. Fair enough SM is a buisness but why cant GC's be like the old days? Its becoming a point when people will just stop playing SM. But my point is, GC's getting created every 5 days or so just kills the whole game tbh. Also we have to reserve which is stupid, we pay for memberships and then still have to reserve a club.

EDIT: Look out for sides coming free, Inter GC134, Spartak GC135, Sunderland GC132. Couldnt get in with them :(

Well, it's up to GC141, a lot has changed since GC34, my first proper Gold Championship with Villarreal. I am sticking to my 4 teams for probalby the rest of my days on this game, I took over my old Torpedo Moskva yesterday, quit them today, sorry but I just don't feel the same about this game anymore, as far as I'm concerned SM don't give a toss about the loyal members and are looming all the noobs and people that are willing to pay £3 - £4.50 on a team.

Enough said. Some transfer news with some of my sides to come.

Well' date=' it's up to GC141, a lot has changed since GC34, my first proper Gold Championship with Villarreal. I am sticking to my 4 teams for probalby the rest of my days on this game, I took over my old Torpedo Moskva yesterday, quit them today, sorry but I just don't feel the same about this game anymore, as far as I'm concerned SM don't give a toss about the loyal members and are looming all the noobs and people that are willing to pay £3 - £4.50 on a team.

Enough said. Some transfer news with some of my sides to come.[/font']

I feel completely the same Jake. Shame I can't get my older teams, that I made a good force back. AKA Porto in GC56 :(. But the new members will never stop paying for a side, that'll never change.

I feel completely the same Jake. Shame I can't get my older teams' date=' that I made a good force back. AKA Porto in GC56 :(. [b']But the new members will never stop paying for a side, that'll never change.[/b]

It will change, people will stop telling their mates about SM as its getting really bad and boring. Teams like Bordeaux PSG and Dynamo Kiev haven't been reserved in the new GC so thats a start.... (please don't reserve them).

More and more people are begining to complain as well, I'm starting to realize that games like Fifa 11 are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than SM now. I won't be playing SM for much longer. (GC's anyway).

I can not believe there is so little comment from experienced forumers on the new chairman value change.

In short:

If you want to exchange players either with a managed club or an external the chairman of the club will hike up the price over what he would accept if it was a cash offer.

2 thoughts from me:

1. Has SM consulted the community at all about this? Has it been trialled in Westgate? Anyone have any idea this was coming?

2. As player exchange has been such a key part of the game for so long I think this is a MASSIVE change that has been brought in with very little warning.

I can not believe their is so little comment from experienced forumers on the new chairman value change.

In short:

If you want to exchange players either with a managed club or an external the chairman of the club will hike up the price over what he would accept if it was a cash offer.

2 thoughts from me:

1. Has SM consulted the community at all about this? Has it been trialled in Westgate? Anyone have any idea this was coming?

2. As player exchange has been such a key part of the game for so long I think this is a MASSIVE change that has been brought in with very little warning.

I know why

Because its not the place to be moaning about it really' date=' also I asume everyone is in the same boat when I say im fed up of moaning about SM all the time, they're forever trying to make things worse in this game.

Although some things that have been introduced have been ok but the consistent GC making with no plans of making Platinum Championships (which is what EVERYONE wants) and like you just said with the new transfer saga thing.

[img']http://astoriedcareer.com/rip.gif[/img]

I can not believe there is so little comment from experienced forumers on the new chairman value change.

In short:

2 thoughts from me:

Its not just in GC's either.

The Chairman of every one of my teams is massivly overpricing my own players. The players I want to offer for other players cant be used as my chairman values them twice as much as it says. :confused:

So many people moaning about the transfer markets, especially within GC's has brought this on. No warning, as usual when SM try to change the whole dynamic of things. Remember when they made chairmen take the mass majority of transfer budgets people had? That was out of the blue.

Eventually, this might sort itself out and make cash more valuable but its an extreme change atm.

Its not just in GC's either.

The Chairman of every one of my teams is massivly overpricing my own players. The players I want to offer for other players cant be used as my chairman values them twice as much as it says. :confused:

So many people moaning about the transfer markets' date=' especially within GC's has brought this on. No warning, as usual when SM try to change the whole dynamic of things. Remember when they made chairmen take the mass majority of transfer budgets people had? That was out of the blue.

Eventually, this might sort itself out and make cash more valuable but its an extreme change atm.[/quote']

on a 27m rated player, I'll have to pay 40m to buy him with p/ex.

It's an absolute loada balls...

;1185732']on a 27m rated player' date=' I'll have to pay 40m to buy him with p/ex.

It's an absolute loada balls...[/quote']

Only need a 50 player combined squad cap now and GC's will improve in 3 months time after everyone has got used to cash being valuble again :D

Only need a 50 player combined squad cap now and GC's will improve in 3 months time after everyone has got used to cash being valuble again :D

Cash was/is starting to become valuable with the amount of unmanaged teams.

This will just cripple the GC market, as no one will want to buy players, and every club will be trying to sell. Then, most of the deals in GCs will be done with unamangeds...

Not the greatest idea SMs ever had...

;1185743']Cash was/is starting to become valuable with the amount of unmanaged teams.

This will just cripple the GC market' date=' as no one will want to buy players, and every club will be trying to sell. Then, most of the deals in GCs will be done with unamangeds...

Not the greatest idea SMs ever had...[/quote']

Raiding clubs to make cash useful isn't the best way to go and it looks like SM realise this. Human manger too human manager transfers hopefully will become more cash orientated and we will see less of the totally pathetic 88 rated and below players being listed for P/ex, barring Neymar ect

Raiding clubs to make cash useful isn't the best way to go and it looks like SM realise this. Human manger too human manager transfers hopefully will become more cash orientated and we will see less of the totally pathetic 88 rated and below players being listed for P/ex' date=' barring Neymar ect[/quote']

Yeah, but it was becoming a lot more common to see 88s, 89s and even 90+ listed for cash in GCs. Now, I think, people will try to sell the 90+ especially, for p/ex, as their pockets will become a lot more heavy...

In short:

2 thoughts from me:

Here ya go:

3) We have changed deals involving player exchanges.

*Players being swapped are now worth more than they currently are when offered in deals.

*If players are offered in the deal then the selling Chairman will increase the

minimum selling valuation.

*If players are offered in the deal then the buying Chairman will decrease the 'Willing To Pay' amount.

;1185732']on a 27m rated player' date=' I'll have to pay 40m to buy him with p/ex.

It's an absolute loada balls...[/quote']

Yea but if you offer a 20M rated player he'll be worth around 30-35M to the other chairman.

I think its an excellent change. I suppose any sort of change always goes down badly at first on the forum, but thinking about the reasons behind it and what effect it then it seems a wise move. The feature was trialled in Westgate so some people knew it was coming, and I think SM were right not to announce it in advance.

Another nail in the coffin for transfers in GC'S.

I am pretty confident that it will not work and just close up the market even more.

In one set-up i cant even offer babel + a 85rated for a 91rated winger......I mean really come on!

I love this game but so many things that have happened/are happening on the game is killing it for me....

I love pitting my wits against other managers i respect, formulating tactical plans, wheeling and dealing but its becoming almost impossible for m to even attempt to improve my teams becuse of this ludicrous new set of transfer requirements/systems. i could go in depth on why its such a bad feature but I cant be bothered.....lots of people have felt for a long time that SM does not listen to its community at large and sadly I am starting to believe that as well.

I really used to look forward to the game etc but now its getting fairly samey in all GC'S any transfer activity is discouraged and its just harder and harder to maintain the enthusiasm I have always had for the game. :(:(

Ray, you exclaim at being unable to do the deal you suggest with Babel presumably because you would have expeced to be able to do that sort of thing under the old system. Deals like that never happen in real life though, and so many deals like that being possible in SM were one of the causes of a lot of problems in the game.

In a few months time the new valuation method will just be the "norm" for everyone and it will be a more playable and realistic norm than the one we are currently all used to and loathe to see go. For the game to improve, things have to change and some we will like and some we will not like.

I don't think its fair to say that SM are not listening to the community (they do, but they can't please everyone) or fair to say the change is bad but that you are not prepared to elaborate as to why.

As someone else has said though, this is probably not the place to go into it so in some ways you're right not to go into it and I won't be commenting further on this thread either.

I've just been and had a look at a deal I could do.... I have to admit, it will make deals slightly harder to do, and fewer as people will have less money topping up player plus cash deals.....but that will make the game more realistic I think. Suck it and see really isn't it.

I've only been on here in 5 months and from what I've been reading, I hope the platinum championships do come to fruition.

Never really got a decent job offer but two have arrived in two days and both of them are for Inter. :eek:

The amazing Inter inc. Vidic, Evra, Coentrao and Lukaku all signed for very reasonable prices is with Werder Bremen which is one of my favourite GC teams and the not so good Inter who have done a couple of poor deals is with Genoa who I'm not that attached to. I have no idea which one to accept, what would you do?

Never really got a decent job offer but two have arrived in two days and both of them are for Inter. :eek:

The amazing Inter inc. Vidic' date=' Evra, Coentrao and Lukaku all signed for very reasonable prices is with Werder Bremen which is one of my favourite GC teams and the not so good Inter who have done a couple of poor deals is with Genoa who I'm not that attached to. I have no idea which one to accept, what would you do?[/font']

Keep Werder and leave Genoa tbh

Keep Werder and leave Genoa tbh

I'm leaning towards that and just realised I could send Ranocchia back to Inter aswell before I accept it ;)

This Inter in the Bremen is quality though, they signed Vidic for 15m + Burdisso + Balotelli that has to be one of the best deals I've seen! Might even think about just having two Inters.

I'm leaning towards that and just realised I could send Ranocchia back to Inter aswell before I accept it ;)

This Inter in the Bremen is quality though' date=' they signed Vidic for 15m + Burdisso + Balotelli that has to be one of the best deals I've seen! Might even think about just having two Inters.[/quote']

Yeh Inter GC 130 :P Rob Walshe's old team... I'm Darlo in that GC so i dont want em anyway ;)