Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Never really got a decent job offer but two have arrived in two days and both of them are for Inter. :eek:

The amazing Inter inc. Vidic' date=' Evra, Coentrao and Lukaku all signed for very reasonable prices is with Werder Bremen which is one of my favourite GC teams and the not so good Inter who have done a couple of poor deals is with Genoa who I'm not that attached to. I have no idea which one to accept, what would you do?[/font']

I'm leaning towards that and just realised I could send Ranocchia back to Inter aswell before I accept it ;)

This Inter in the Bremen is quality though' date=' they signed Vidic for 15m + Burdisso + Balotelli that has to be one of the best deals I've seen! Might even think about just having two Inters.[/quote']

I did build a ncie looking team there :P I left because I couldn't get any decent 'in' bids.

Best of luck if ya take them, they frustrated me.

I did build a ncie looking team there :P I left because I couldn't get any decent 'in' bids.

Best of luck if ya take them' date=' they frustrated me.

Did Stifler leave Genoa?[/quote']

No he's still there, I was just saying I got offered another Inter in GC 134 (where I'm Genoa) and was debating which Inter to accept.

It's a quality side I've got to say, but I've made the decision to take the other Inter and keep Bremen. They're my only German side plus they have the Ozil factor. GC 130 looks quality in Italy though and a top notch Inter will be coming free at a random point in the next 10 minutes so look out for them. I'd like a forumer to get them but rejecting it this way is fair on everyone.

Sorry to aaron btw, this Inter isn't the best anyway but it should be fun building them up, anyone in 134?

No he's still there' date=' I was just saying I got offered another Inter in GC 134 (where I'm Genoa) and was debating which Inter to accept.

It's a quality side I've got to say, but I've made the decision to take the other Inter and keep Bremen. They're my only German side plus they have the Ozil factor. GC 130 looks quality in Italy though and a top notch Inter will be coming free at a random point in the next 10 minutes so look out for them. I'd like a forumer to get them but rejecting it this way is fair on everyone.

Sorry to Aaron btw, this Inter isn't the best anyway but it should be fun building them up, anyone in 134?[/quote']

So Genoa GC 134 aren't managed?

Ray' date=' you exclaim at being unable to do the deal you suggest with Babel presumably because you would have expeced to be able to do that sort of thing under the old system. Deals like that never happen in real life though, and so many deals like that being possible in SM were one of the causes of a lot of problems in the game.

In a few months time the new valuation method will just be the "norm" for everyone and it will be a more playable and realistic norm than the one we are currently all used to and loathe to see go. For the game to improve, things have to change and some we will like and some we will not like.

I don't think its fair to say that SM are not listening to the community (they do, but they can't please everyone) or fair to say the change is bad but that you are not prepared to elaborate as to why.

As someone else has said though, this is probably not the place to go into it so in some ways you're right not to go into it and I won't be commenting further on this thread either.[/quote']

I could give a massive breakdown/analysis on why it is a bad idea, but whats the point nothing will change.

You say a 89 and a 85 is not realistic well let me tell you if I offer babel+cash for a 91 nobody is ever gunna accept, the only way to try and improve is to offer anextra incentive, a sweetner so to speak nobody is that interested in cash at those levels.

All it will lead to is a slow demise of transfers in any markets, NOBODY will sell any decent players 90+ for cash it just won happen...all that will happen is that people will sit on the squads they have..what is thepoint of taking an 89 fo a 91 then not being able to invest the cash in a player who will actually IMPROVE your squad. Cash will be irrelevent at that level. i know i wouldnt accept cash+most 89's for a 91 for example.....improving your squad will be nigh on impossible at that level due to the chairman's excessive valuation of your own players player exchanges to try and improve a team is impossible. People can try and claim and be OK with it but once it kicks in and people realise the full extent of how limited your transfer possibilities have become it will be a different story.

I have just found the game hading in the wrong direction for months now, really detremental to the game...would have been much better tinkering with and having a proper match engine as just one suggestion than wasting time/effort and resources on something which did not need changing....if it aint broke dont fix it.

Think i will be dumping a load of my teams, teams id rather keep but if I cant even make plausable bids to try and improve them, especially in the less populated leagues where the only real pleasure is squad building. coz there is not the numerous competition you get in Spain, England, Germany, Italy

Im sure nobody really cares what I do,if I leave etc etc but I think its safe to say that i wont be the only one :(

S**t' date=' I've just clicked accept by accident to Inter in GC 130! Oh my days, can SM reverse this? If not I'll just keep Inter but that was a total accident.

EDIT: On my homepage it's Bremen, when I click on them it's Inter..[/quote']

S**t' date=' I've just clicked accept by accident to Inter in GC 130! Oh my days, can SM reverse this? If not I'll just keep Inter but that was a total accident.

EDIT: On my homepage it's Bremen, when I click on them it's Inter..[/quote']

You have accepted... David Woodward has decided to leave Werder Bremen after 20 games in charge and manage Internazionale.

HAHA that has to be the biggest fail ever. I realised what I was doing half way through so kept my mouse clicked then moved over the reject and clicked it about 40 times. I'll send a ticket but they're probably not going to believe someone could be so stupid as to do what I've just done.

Best of luck if ya take them' date=' they frustrated me.[/quote']

Understatement of the year, have them in GC 136, very hard to get deals done despite offering alot. All Inter's players are too old :rolleyes::o

Don't worry about me. Sorry you accidently quit your Werder that you loved enough to reject a good Inter for. Let us know how you get on with your ticket. I wouldn't be too hopeful though.

Cheers, this is the best argument yet for having an idiot proof system of entering your password if you want to accept a job offer. And you're right I'm not holding out too much hope, I bet my life savings someone will accept the job offer for my old Werder before SM respond to the ticket.

SM must realise that the major problem in GC's is no longer the vaule of cash in each gameworld but the constant creation of GC's on an almost daily basis.

Not moaning here as i couldn't really care less anymore just stating the facts. This latest addition is just a way of papering over the cracks of the doomed Gold Championship a little longer to milk some more cash.