Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

It's not just funny... it's pathetic' date=' how about this then ladies... Everyone at Inter for C/V!!!!!! I bet that changes dont it :P[/quote']

still gonna be a quiet GC by the look of things.

Tonights SMFA results

GC16 - Stevenage unsurprisingly lose 2-1 at home against Milan in the first leg, first round of the SMFA Shield. Savage debut tie :P

GC95 - Man City have all but booked their place in the SMFA Cup Semi Final (famous last words) after thrashing Juventus 6-1 in the first leg.

GC117 - Barcelona lose 2-0 at home to Juventus and now have it all to do in the 2nd leg of the SMFA Cup Semi. Could the curse of the Semi be set to strike again?!

GC140 - Bayern win in their 1st SMFA Cup Group game, 2-0 at home to unmanaged Celtic, to keep up their impressive start to the season.

Also, i'm looking to dabble in the transfer markets in GC95, GC98, GC107 & GC117.

Got Milan in gold championship 142, first top team for absolutely ages for me in a gold champ.

But it's awful. Knowone seems bothered by it, and it feels more like a WC atm.

All the buzz and anticipation that used to be around when a new GC was made has just dissapeared, which is really disappointing. This place (the forum) used to be well up for GCs and now people are saying that they either wont join, or leave. Sad state of affairs for GCs, wish I got involved in them alot sooner than what I have done.

Got Milan in gold championship 142' date=' first top team for absolutely ages for me in a gold champ.

But it's awful. Knowone seems bothered by it, and it feels more like a WC atm.

All the buzz and anticipation that used to be around when a new GC was made has just dissapeared, which is really disappointing. This place (the forum) used to be well up for GCs and now people are saying that they either wont join, or leave. Sad state of affairs for GCs, wish I got involved in them alot sooner than what I have done.[/quote']

Exactly and the main problem is people wanna deal so when you make an offer they don't even give a reason on rejection yet promoting the fact they wanna sell :confused:

Exactly and the main problem is people wanna deal so when you make an offer they don't even give a reason on rejection yet promoting the fact they wanna sell :confused:

So, have you thought about my offer? ;)

EDIT: Also i've just made a bid for a very exciting 85 rated prospect, an 86 rising to 88, 2 89's who can go 90+ and a 90 rated winger all at unmanaged, not external :rolleyes: What has happened.

Also i've just made a bid for a very exciting 85 rated prospect' date=' an 86 rising to 88, 2 89's who can go 90+ and a 90 rated winger all at unmanaged, not external :rolleyes: What has happened.[/quote']

What we all knew would happen. Too many GCs, not enough GMs who want the sides. Why take a poor top division side when you can get 10 good top division sides every day in older, more active set-ups?

What we all knew would happen. Too many GCs' date=' not enough GMs who want the sides. Why take a poor top division side when you can get 10 good top division sides every day in older, more active set-ups?[/quote']

It's not just that, i can't get any human deals because... My team are dinosaurs, all they want is Julio Cesar, Eto'o and Santon, bar the odd few who know abit about the game and are interested in players such as Lucio and Coutinho.

It's not just that' date=' i can't get any human deals because... My team are dinosaurs, all they want is Julio Cesar, Eto'o and Santon, bar the odd few who know abit about the game and are interested in players such as Lucio and Coutinho.[/quote']

Are you yourself bothered about having a team of 'dinosaurs'? If you are then you're being a little hypocritical and if you aren't then take advantage. You'll get good deals for Julio Cesar, Eto'o, Sneijder and the other younger guys if you're willing to take a 30+ year old player who will continue for around 5 years at the top level.

It's not just that' date=' i can't get any human deals because... My team are dinosaurs, all they want is Julio Cesar, Eto'o and Santon, bar the odd few who know abit about the game and are interested in players such as Lucio and Coutinho.[/quote']

That's one of the things I don't understand... I was bidding for a 91 rated striker the other day as the manager wanted more depth, and I offered a 90 (Pizarro...solid 90 imho) and a good solid 88 CM (who would have provided good cover in mid)... to which I get a response... Pizarro's too old. He's 32 for crying out loud! Some people are obsessed with building a team that won't hit an average rating of 90 until 2014! It's youth obsession!

I find that a mix of youth and good rated experience goes a long way. It's hard to do deals with some people as they just want under 25's only! :confused:

Are you yourself bothered about having a team of 'dinosaurs'? If you are then you're being a little hypocritical and if you aren't then take advantage. You'll get good deals for Julio Cesar' date=' Eto'o, Sneijder and the other younger guys if you're willing to take a 30+ year old player who will continue for around 5 years at the top level.[/quote']

No i'm not bothered by it i just need a bigger squad imo and i'd rather get rid of the older players that wont rise than the younger players that might rise.

That's one of the things I don't understand... I was bidding for a 91 rated striker the other day as the manager wanted more depth' date=' and I offered a 90 (Pizarro...solid 90 imho) and a good solid 88 CM (who would have provided good cover in mid)... to which I get a response... Pizarro's too old. He's 32 for crying out loud! Some people are obsessed with building a team that won't hit an average rating of 90 until 2014! It's youth obsession!

I find that a mix of youth and good rated experience goes a long way. It's hard to do deals with some people as they just want under 25's only! :confused:[/quote']

A mix of youth and experience is how i go about it mate, a nice youth squad, some 22-28 aged players and some 29+ players. Nothing wrong with Pizarro :confused:

No i'm not bothered by it i just need a bigger squad imo and i'd rather get rid of the older players that wont rise than the younger players that might rise.

Of course. But would you accept a lower rated deal for your ageing stars who won't ever rise again? To deal in GCs where managers are generally fairly knowledgeable you need a deal that's acceptable to both sides. The other guy won't want to give you 2 younger players for an older one unless he's getting a very good rating increase, which you might not accept. I concede that managers looking for age over quality are very hard to negotiate with but we've known that for years.

Of course. But would you accept a lower rated deal for your ageing stars who won't ever rise again? To deal in GCs where managers are generally fairly knowledgeable you need a deal that's acceptable to both sides. The other guy won't want to give you 2 younger players for an older one unless he's getting a very good rating increase' date=' which you might not accept. I concede that managers looking for age over quality are very hard to negotiate with but we've known that for years.[/quote']

Probably when the GC's as dead as this.

As long as they're safe, im happy.

Guest MR. HAMMER

GC116 Notts County:

Callum MCMANAMAN has completed his move to Notts County from Wigan Athletic for £10,000

Free Agent Ádám BOGDAN has completed his move to Notts County for £10,000

nice young players who should rise.

Nelson RIVAS has completed his move to Notts County from Huila for £150,000 plus Joel WARD and Danny HOESEN

itorino ANTUNES has completed his move to Notts County from FC Basel for £1,800,000 plus José Alberto CANAS and David ARMSTRONG

both play in the italy a league with inter and roma so hope at least 1 will become big to repay the dept to my side.

1.1M now before I shut up shop for another season.

Probably when the GC's as dead as this.

As long as they're safe' date=' im happy.[/quote']

You are "insulted" by Coutinho offer. I offered as much as I could and you are "insulted". Any explanation?

So is there any of my "dinosaurs" you wish to try and sign or do I just forget signing from you?

I like Antonini and Abate and Pato mate.

EDIT Oh and papast... and Thiago Silva

Guest MR. HAMMER

GC142:

WBA are happy to say W.Brow will join came to a deal with the United manager over PM top manager easy to deal with geting him for cash will be my first big signing here.

got two youths for cash a 84 and a 80 if anyone wants them need the cash.

Guest MR. HAMMER

Well it will have to be an awesome offer for Pato

17M and the grate pablo CB what you think he is a 93 *87*

na but sos to post 2 time in the space of a few mins.

GC141 Roma:

PERROTTA 33 92 has left to Inter Milan with Motta coming in may seem a small deal for me but Motta is one of my fave Midfilders pluss Perrotta was not playing here with Xavi in his position now I have a solid 90 to back him up in cup games.

Tonights SMFA results

GC16 - Stevenage unsurprisingly lose 2-1 at home against Milan in the first leg' date=' first round of the SMFA Shield. Savage debut tie :P

A more [b']successful opening to the SMFA Cup for Palmeiras in GC16[/b]. Having qualified for the competition at the very last game of the previous season, Palmeiras hosted Messi & Co's Valencia for their debut in the competition.

86-rated Argentine CF Luna played 60 minutes before retiring for the night with four goals to his name. Gedo and Cicero added a goal each as Valencia left Parque Antartica with a 6-1 defeat - Valencia's highest cup defeat in history.

As Palmeiras' squad is still lacking depth the next match tomorrow night at league champions River Plate will be a true test as some of the second team members need to step up. So the team will need to enjoy this success before the harsh reality may kick in again fairly soon.