Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC117 - Barca get thumped 3-0 against Real Madrid in the Charity Shield. Next up is the Super Cup match against Man City tomorrow. Expect to lose that as a second string side will have to be fielded because of the stupid fixture schedule! Then the first league game on Sat!

In the same set up, England draw 1-1 against Mexico in the 1st round and go out 2-0 on penalties against Genoa.

Randomness not on my side tonight, as had by far the most attempts on goal in both games but end up losing both. Maybe my 2nd team will thrash Man City tomorrow!

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

I had an absolute shocker of a night in terms of results! :rolleyes:

I'm quitting a lot of my teams in the next few days. Rangers in 67 are going tonight after the charity shield final' date=' as it's so boring and only me and Celtic who're managed so not very competitive. Then maybe Liverpool in 16, but not sure yet. Napoli in 109 will be going as well after shield final.

[b']I'm just getting bored of SM now. Which is a shame[/b].

Feeling like this at the moment , Golds are dead and not getting any better and i dont know why i even bothered getting it. The only bonus is the extra slots and i cant handle the 14 teams i currently possess.

Found lately that competertive English Championships such as 5579 , 2933 , 7046 , 7345 to name the 4 im in and then the several division 4 challanges i have got on the go are a hell of a lot better

There is nothing unique about GC's anymore. They rolled out International, SMFA comps and all the other 'perks'. Not too mention when you have 140+ of something it is hardly unique anymore... ;)

The only thing you can really do is find a GC that actually has some kind of meaning. My clubs are Udinese = Best league in a GC. Bayern = Good German league. Barcelona = Just wanted a super squad. Wolves = A Midlands challenge with some real-life friends.

I know what you mean. Im tempted just to run with my Stevenage team soon which is my favourite GC team. I may keep Barca for a while for the same reason as you. However, I will probably be quitting the remaining teams I have at the end of their current seasons.

There is nothing unique about GC's anymore. They rolled out International' date=' SMFA comps and all the other 'perks'. Not too mention when you have 140+ of something it is hardly unique anymore... ;)

[b']The only thing you can really do is find a GC that actually has some kind of meaning. [/b]My clubs are Udinese = Best league in a GC. Bayern = Good German league. Barcelona = Just wanted a super squad. Wolves = A Midlands challenge with some real-life friends.

2 chariety final match:

gc 88- chelesea has won the match by beating man utd final score 6-3 :) my 6 throphy since gc 88 created.

Arsenal Gc 36- taken over this team when the team was in div

2 last season. Manage to get a place and come to div 1 and did just enough to win the Div 1 throphy with them and now win the shield. Quite happy with that :)

Really hate gc 102 recently. Is there so hard to sell drogba for a fair deal? I recieved Mario gomez and Legear and that not the worst someone offered me m.diarra and Raul for drogba! This can't be happening. The only deal that is not so bad is thiago motta and chivu(but still not good enough).

Really started to find gc boring. To any of U guys find it too?

Some are boring, I think in the next few months some GC's will become almost empty, there are a few with only 70 teams or so taken... but there are some with still 50% + population, and they are interesting.

I guess as I'm new, well circa 6 months, I wasn't here to see how things used to be, and I like the game as it is now. So any improvements SM make (hopefully platinums) will be welcome.

Some are boring' date=' I think in the next few months some GC's will become almost empty, there are a few with only 70 teams or so taken... but there are some with still 50% + population, and they are interesting.

I guess as I'm new, well circa 6 months, I wasn't here to see how things used to be, and I like the game as it is now. So any improvements SM make (hopefully platinums) will be welcome.[/quote']

The platium has beend talking for quite long and still nt here yet. I wonder what will happen in the next few month too :)

let hope gc will get better :)

Some are boring' date=' I think in the next few months some GC's will become almost empty, there are a few with only 70 teams or so taken... but there are some with still 50% + population, and they are interesting.

I guess as I'm new, well circa 6 months, I wasn't here to see how things used to be, and I like the game as it is now. So any improvements SM make (hopefully platinums) will be welcome.[/quote']

hopefully they change the format in gold championships like add new leagues :)

GC 13 Man Utd sign Honda for 19m from an unmanaged West Ham. The I had time to bid for Gignac but the team has been taken so luckily I went for Honda first :P

GC 86 Atletico Madrid sign Daniel Guiza for a bargain 8m from an unmanaged Fenerbache. Went for him while everyone flocked for Capdevilla who went for 23m :)

Happy with them. Got two three cup semi finals tonight as well.

Two weeks since the last GC was created.... GC143 is almost 60% full. that's a good thing! Hopefully SM will realise that leaving it some time between creating them allows people to get attatched to a team before the new GC comes out and half leave the old one in the search for a better team in the new one.

Guest JackWWFC

This thread is getting dead. GC's are getting dead. I think SM need to think of something to spruce up the GC scene or make a new type, or else they will lose more members. down to 5 teams.

Need to do some Human deals, starting to feel like this game is all about doing deals with unmanaged...

GC13 Real Madrid

GC15 Real Madrid

GC79 Liverpool

GC100 Liverpool

GC49 Atletico Madrid

GC30 Cska Moskva

GC26 Zenit

Looking for deals in all of these, if anything tickles ur pickle pm or bid :D

Just picked up Valencia in Gold 136. When I saw them I was really excited, because they were one of the few teams that I wanted to have bar Barca or Real, and they were to be my first 'decent' Spanish team.

I have to say that having looked at them now I've got them, that in terms of SM Valencia without Villa and Silva really do suck compared to what they were. Don't want to be a club hopper, but I'm already regretting taking them. :o

Won my 10th SMFA Cup tonight with Barca in GC17, beating Valencia 3-1 in the final. :D Completes the treble along with the domestic league and cup.

A good night for my other Barca in GC70 too, progressing to the quarters of the SMFA cup after a 3-0 win tonight over Fiorentina (6-3 on aggregate) and we'll face Sevilla in the next round.

GC 116: Just the one game tonight with my Arsenal in the Champions League against Penguin's Spurs and it was a VERY very strange result as I lost the game 5-1, with only 5 of my players having under a 7, with four of them on 6 and one on 3 which was Pjanic and made absolutely no sense why he had a 3, now ive had a couple of results like this recently which is rather annoying, yet another thing going against the game for me.

New GC'S better come quick as im getting more and more back into FM. Saying that no matter what game world it is, SM will still use that bloody rubbish match engine.