Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Now' date=' challenge is on to make it a League and Cup double - Kuldeep's intimitdating Dundee stand in the way of the grand finale.[/quote']

I've got the play-offs to worry about too. Not sure when they're scheduled for, but they'll probably be around the time of the Semi Final!

Finally had enough of keeping these bloody Ecuadorians/Peruvians in my squad, and they're on the transfer list, should take me up to about £85m, and can start adding more quality. Knowing my luck, SM will probably review these countries after the current ones :rolleyes:

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

GC133 Man United - Last night saw Man United win the League Title(well we won it ages ago really). We finished the season 20 points ahead of 2nd placed Everton. Man City and Stoke:confused: finished 3rd and 4th to get SMFA Cup football.

Chelsea avoided relegation on goal difference.. Romano's Liverpool just about got an SMFA Shield spot.. :P

101st Winning Honour.

Congrats on the win mate, u cruised to the title it seems.

Im Man City in that GC and after a bad start to the season, im delighted to have sneaked into 3rd on the final day, winning 1-0 away to Chelsea :)

I've got the play-offs to worry about too. Not sure when they're scheduled for' date=' but they'll probably be around the time of the Semi Final!

Finally had enough of keeping these bloody Ecuadorians/Peruvians in my squad, and they're on the transfer list, should take me up to about £85m, and can start adding more quality. Knowing my luck, SM will probably review these countries after the current ones :rolleyes:[/quote']

I was about to say how on earth are you not winning that league, but I forgot about Phil's excellent Queen of the South side. Still, he's absolutely wiped the floor with you this season!

Hope you get through the play-offs though - will be a pretty intense title-race with me, you, Phil and Stifler battling it out (and that's ignoring the Old Firm duo!).

I've got the play-offs to worry about too. Not sure when they're scheduled for' date=' but they'll probably be around the time of the Semi Final!

Finally had enough of keeping these bloody Ecuadorians/Peruvians in my squad, and they're on the transfer list, should take me up to about £85m, and can start adding more quality. Knowing my luck, SM will probably review these countries after the current ones :rolleyes:[/quote']

85m? Raith only have 6.9m :o

Wouldn't worry too much about the play-offs yet.. you'll have ICT in the semi-final so might as well use your reserves ;)

My squad is pap but they've been doing well so haven't done anything to them for a while. As soon as I've lost the play-off semi, most will be on the transfer list and hopefully I can get a decent team for next season

GC130

You wait ages for an honour, then 2 come along at once :P Ajax follow up their domestic Cup win by destroying league champions Feyenoord 6-1 in the Charity Shield. Hopefully this lovely form continues into the new season :) Also done another deal with a human! Radamel Falcao is moving to Amsterdam in a straight swap for Luis Suarez. When Mario Balotelli comes off his transfer ban he will also move to Portugal in a straight swap for Givanildo Hulk. I think I've perhaps lost the guys with more potential but I'm receiving the more in form players.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2188

Looking forward to season 4 of GC73 kicking off this weekend - Watford face the daunting task of a trip to Rhys' dominant Man United.

Season 4 will be Watfords first season in SMFA competition - and we have a reasonable draw of unmanaged AEK in round 1.

168106_10150152541414018_629794017_8160541_559956_n.jpg

Noticed you are looking for striker in GC 96, i am looking to sell Pandev, so feel free to make a bid.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2188

Looking forward to season 4 of GC73 kicking off this weekend - Watford face the daunting task of a trip to Rhys' dominant Man United.

Season 4 will be Watfords first season in SMFA competition - and we have a reasonable draw of unmanaged AEK in round 1.

168106_10150152541414018_629794017_8160541_559956_n.jpg

You need any loans mate as my squad is massive and I hate having they many players ;)

Does anyone know what happens after my gold manager time ends and i am managing National Teams like Spain, Germany etc..? Do i get kicked from them?

I won a 12 month gold manager last year but cant see a way to renew it since im not from uk and my c/c wont work.

Also, if i have more than 3 clubs (the limit for non gold accounts) do i get kicked from those i added while being gold manager?

If someone knows anything about it, please let me know.

ty

Does anyone know what happens after my gold manager time ends and i am managing National Teams like Spain' date=' Germany etc..? Do i get kicked from them?

I won a 12 month gold manager last year but cant see a way to renew it since im not from uk and my c/c wont work.

Also, if i have more than 3 clubs (the limit for non gold accounts) do i get kicked from those i added while being gold manager?

If someone knows anything about it, please let me know.

ty[/quote']

Yes you will lose all your National Teams and clubs if you can't reknew in time.

and you will lose all GC teams but SM will pick 3 random non GC teams for you to keep.

Sorry I do'nt know everything but just a little help.

Yes you will lose all your National Teams and clubs if you can't reknew in time.

and you will lose all GC teams but SM will pick 3 random non GC teams for you to keep.

Sorry I do'nt know everything but just a little help.

Np, that was clarifying enough.

Thank you!

Just a question. Would GCs benefit if there were some kind of rule that said that every club MUST sell 'x' number of players a season (the 'x' being open to debate), and if not then there would be some sort of punishment (oh, I don't know, say that one of the first teamers was automatically put on the transfer lis, so something like that)?

Just a idea for a way to reduce the problem of the stagnant transfer markets. Surely it would be a vast improvement forcing managers to trade with one-another. :)

You need any loans mate as my squad is massive and I hate having they many players ;)

I've taken Histon in division 5 and was hopeing those 3 loan bids could be accepted all in the YS. I understand if you reject just seen your post :)

Np' date=' that was clarifying enough.

Thank you![/quote']

Oh ok thought you'd already know that. No problem then mate happy to help.

Just a question. Would GCs benefit if there were some kind of rule that said that every club MUST sell 'x' number of players a season (the 'x' being open to debate)' date=' and if not then there would be some sort of punishment (oh, I don't know, say that one of the first teamers was automatically put on the transfer lis, so something like that)?

Just a idea for a way to reduce the problem of the stagnant transfer markets. Surely it would be a vast improvement forcing managers to trade with one-another. :)[/quote']

It's a very good idea Jooles and what I think (dont know what I'm saying now) lets say a unmanaged Middlesborough dont come up to the amount of 'x' players sold there star player lets say Heskey (:L) will be sold dose'nt seem fair to the next manager comeing in to take the team to find out he has lost a star player (even if it is Heskey)?????

It's a very good idea Jooles and what I think (dont know what I'm saying now) lets say a unmanaged Middlesborough dont come up to the amount of 'x' players sold there star player lets say Heskey (:L) will be sold dose'nt seem fair to the next manager comeing in to take the team to find out he has lost a star player (even if it is Heskey)?????

Yeah, it should only apply to the managed ones and the players sold could maybe even go on offer to the unmanged teams (maybe).

Just a question. Would GCs benefit if there were some kind of rule that said that every club MUST sell 'x' number of players a season (the 'x' being open to debate)' date=' and if not then there would be some sort of punishment (oh, I don't know, say that one of the first teamers was automatically put on the transfer lis, so something like that)?

Just a idea for a way to reduce the problem of the stagnant transfer markets. Surely it would be a vast improvement forcing managers to trade with one-another. :)[/quote']

I don't like the idea Jooles. SM is meant to be a realistic(-ish) Football Manager game, and this idea isn't particularly realistic. You're better off waiting for Player Concerns to kick in (which they certainly are starting to do so in GC1), and see if that ignites the transfer market - I would imagine it would.

I also don't like this. Some people choose not to enter the transfer market and that's their prerogative. I've been interested for a while in taking a Manchester City side, not changing anything and see how I fare. Something I would like to see tested (GC0?) is P/Eing to unmanaged sides. They won't be left quite so destroyed and with the new higher P/E CV they'd probably get a fair deal too. I feel the next big step for SM would be realising which low rated players were valuable (big riser/talent) and which weren't. Perhaps a tally on how many times he's bought across all game-worlds? Hence if a 75 rated player has been bought in 80% (arbitrary figure) of game-worlds, his CV at an unmanaged club would increase.

GC1 is a good example. If I can't get a deal sorted then why should I just lose players.

I have £350million but nothing to spend it on lol

Maybe in money transfers the agent should retain 10% as in real life to try avoid this? I also don't like the Jooles idea.. :o

In GC 111 made finally a deal..

Antonio VALENCIA has completed his move to FC Porto from Athletic Club in a swap deal for Leite ADRIANO and Bryan RUIZ

Hope Valencia in future helps me to get a Portuguese high rated player.. yesterday sent a pm to a manager asking if he would like to swap J. Pereira for Torosidis and he asked Falcao.. :rolleyes:

In GC 111 made finally a deal..

Hope Valencia in future helps me to get a Portuguese high rated player.. yesterday sent a pm to a manager asking if he would like to swap J. Pereira for Torosidis and he asked Falcao.. :rolleyes:

I like Valencia, you like Pepe.... maybe something could be arranged in future.

Bad idea im afraid and also easily worked around....

Say you had to sell 20 players a season what is to stop me going out on week one of a season buying x amount of 10-50K players on the assumption I will just sell them all immediately once there TB is up halfway through the season.....the system would be flawed.

Player Hogging is getting ridiculous but the best solution is the simple solution......A SQUAD SIZE CAP and anybody who dont think it is realistic or unfair is wrong in my mind.

A squad cap of 60 players 30 senior, 30youth(under 23) or summit like that is more than enough for anybody to work with, would mean more players are valiable on the market and people have to be wiser in who they buy/sell/keep/cash finances

It is a win-win situation and for the life of me I cannot think of anything negative from a squad cap idea as stated above

Bad idea im afraid and also easily worked around....

Say you had to sell 20 players a season what is to stop me going out on week one of a season buying x amount of 10-50K players on the assumption I will just sell them all immediately once there TB is up halfway through the season.....the system would be flawed.

Player Hogging is getting ridiculous but the best solution is the simple solution......A SQUAD SIZE CAP and anybody who dont think it is realistic or unfair is wrong in my mind.

A squad cap of 60 players 30 senior' date=' 30youth(under 23) or summit like that is more than enough for anybody to work with, would mean more players are valiable on the market and people have to be wiser in who they buy/sell/keep/cash finances

It is a win-win situation and for the life of me I cannot think of anything negative from a squad cap idea as stated above[/quote']

I think that's a great idea! It would have to be steadily intergrated though as to make it easier for some big squads to be trimmed.