• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Spending money is easy, just buy when good players get added to the game. I am still amazed that its usually very few clubs bidding on players. Many good young players aren't even contested.

And if you search you can still find solid players available. Its easier during the summer transfer window though.

But with 200 managers in GC 1 there simply aren't enough good players to satisfy everyone. No squad cap will change that.

I wish there was a way to allow managers to bid on every player when his contract runs out but too many would overpay on a few stars and go broke. But it would be fun to see the bidding on Messi. :)

Fair enough, the balance is against the idea. Just putting something out there to though to try and come up with something to get us away from the stagnation problem.

Against the charge that it's not realistic though, surely it's much more realistic than players staying at the same club for 10 seasons, whether they get a game or not. I agree though with the point that it's not needed if the player concerns worked better/properly. If that issue is getting fixed (which arguably it seems to be) then yes, such a tweak would be totally redundant.

But ultimately things that get the transfer market moving on the whole are positive development in my eyes, regardless of how articificial or forced they may seem at first.

I guess it depends on the kind of deal you like. I bought 116 players so far this season in GC 1 and sold 102.

And i am not sure if more deals would really be good for the setup. In deals between managers its almost always the same guys who profit, for example Teb. The ones who are best at judging a player's value. I think if there were more deals a few clubs would get even richer and others would fall behind. Right now its pretty even. If you buy young players at 20 age/75 rating or so everyone has the same chance to aquire and keep a genuine star player.

I doubt that player concerns will have a huge impact. Big clubs will sell some of those players that are now out on loan. After that its back to normal.

Prehaps there should be a limit on how many players a club can send out on loan, maybe a max of 10 or 15 - and then wait for the unrealistic concerns system to kick-in around lack of games for the rest of the players clubs would be unable to send out on loan because they have reached there max amount of loans out possible for a season

I dunno. I enjoy the transfer market as it is and find plenty of opportunities to do transfers. Putting in so many rules and regulations doesn't seem fun to me. I enjoy the game because right now i can pretty much do what i want.

One example of such a "fix" was the current chairman intervention system. It was supposed to make transfers more even but damaged the game because it inhibits deals too much. I wish theys would take it out again.

I don't think more rules would make the game more fun. Ah well, we've been over this before.

A 3 games tonight and 2 draws and 1 win. Missed a final :/

GC 70, Aston Villa- Beat Dundee Utd by 1-0 due to a goal of H. Yakin. As the first leg lost 1-0, this round of Shield was decided on penalties where i won 4-2!

GC 23, Benfica- Lost in Portuguese Cup semi final after a 1-1 draw in the 90 minutes.. Disappointed :/

GC 103, Marseille- A Gameiro goal at minute 86 was fulcral to progress to next SMFA Shield round. As the result ended 1-1, 2-1 for me on aggregate.

GC 32 Lyon: sold Pjanic for Perotti and A.Ayew, selling couple 89 and 88 for cash tho so make a bid if interested

GC 96 Villareal: looking to sell Pandev

GC 121 Galaxy: sold Beckham for 12m and got Toivonen for 11m happy with this deal :D

GC 134 Juventus: looking to offload Tomkins, Collison, Yarmolenko, De Cieglie, Noble, Matter, Kolodin, Semhov in 2 for 1 deals, in the right deal could include higher rated players tho.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2190

Update....

Wrexham continue their climb through the divisions in England, sitting atop Division 3 after 10 games following successive title wins in Divisions 5 & 4.

I'm looking to sign a top striker - can offer Witsel, Defour, Fernandez, Ayew etc in exchange for the right player of course.

The team/squad below performs in front of an average attendance of just 8,000 each week - this is an area that needs addressing on the game - the better your team gets and performs, the more fans should flock to the games IMO.

166189_10150153608824018_629794017_8178761_4008335_n.jpg

Internacional in GC19 are free if anyone is interested ? Great GC :P and a really nice squad.

Anyways' date=' in GC19, Bournemouth announce the signing of Josep Illic ( 86 AM/W ) for 3.5 million + Danny Wilson. Lukman Haruna is expected to leave to Fiorentina to complete the deal.[/quote']

You'l be top of the league soon mate :eek:

Respuesta: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC76 - Man United sign Adam Johnson from unmanaged Portsmouth for c/v:D

GC51 - Inter Milan sign Boateng & Jansen for Seedorf & Ljajic

And your Fenerbahce sign Rodwell for Parejo + 5M. :P

Took over Sporting CP in GC 81 and I've agreed a deal which sees Miranda coming to Lisbon and Howedes + Dossena going to Sao Paulo.

Not the best deal but I have a ton of 88 players and I don't like Howedes and Dossena.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

And your Fenerbahce sign Rodwell for Parejo + 5M. :P

Took over Sporting CP in GC 81 and I've agreed a deal which sees Miranda coming to Lisbon and Howedes + Dossena going to Sao Paulo.

Not the best deal but I have a ton of 88 players and I don't like Howedes and Dossena.

Oh Yeah, Edited:o:)