• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Anyone else having trouble accessing and setting up tactics for teams just now?

I've been trying to and its been running like a bag of spanners for over an hour now.

Mine is going really slow and buggering up also mate. :o:rolleyes:

Same here, can't set my tactics tonight I guess..

It works then it stops ergh! I'm using Google Chrome btw

Same here' date=' can't set my tactics tonight I guess..

It works then it stops ergh! I'm using Google Chrome btw[/quote']

I'm using chrome too, just managing to get mine done. I have to refresh a couple of times for it to work, but I'm getting there... slowly. :P

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

And your Fenerbahce sign Rodwell for Parejo + 5M. :P

Took over Sporting CP in GC 81 and I've agreed a deal which sees Miranda coming to Lisbon and Howedes + Dossena going to Sao Paulo.

Not the best deal but I have a ton of 88 players and I don't like Howedes and Dossena.

No reason to offer your average players for my stars though :P

j/k, already looking forward to a bit more challenge.

If the site's going to fail at any time it's going to be the 2/3 hours before the Wednesday/Saturday games. It's very predictable and usually very avoidable :o

Ok. So if I'm extremely busy at work during the week does that mean that I must try and set tactics when SM dictates rather than when it suits me as the paying customer...?

GC 70: FINALLY!!!

After missing out on Andy Carrol and Jermaine Lens after bidding first, I finally got a decent striker, no where near the standard of the prevous two but he'll do for Swindon's push to the premiership :D

Dimitris SALPINGIDIS has completed his move to Swindon Town from Panathinaikos for £8,102,000. All other offers were turned down.

Team now looks like this:

Swindon.jpg?t=1294515098

Ok. So if I'm extremely busy at work during the week does that mean that I must try and set tactics when SM dictates rather than when it suits me as the paying customer...?

No... it's just common sense that the site might be slow in the hours before the main match time. SM isn't saying you shouldn't set your tactics at this time but it's obvious that a lot of people will be online and hence the site will be slow. Kinda similar to online auctions being cheaper when the mass audience is asleep. SM isn't a major organisation and improving servers (whilst I admit it would be great) isn't really the greatest expense if the site is fine 99% of the time.

No... it's just common sense that the site might be slow in the hours before the main match time. SM isn't saying you shouldn't set your tactics at this time but it's obvious that a lot of people will be online and hence the site will be slow. Kinda similar to online auctions being cheaper when the mass audience is asleep. SM isn't a major organisation and improving servers (whilst I admit it would be great) isn't really the greatest expense if the site is fine 99% of the time.

The site apparently has over 300,000 members. There were around 8,000 online.

What is that, about 3% of their user base? And yet the servers cannot handle this sort of traffic? I would be querying just what sort of servers are being used and why they cannot be upgraded without costing a major expense.

As for the site running fine 99% of the time. Well, I'm not going into statistics here but I'd suggest that's a little high, to say the least.

I enjoy playing the game, hence why I came back to it but I started setting tactics at about 3pm today. It should have taken about an hour or so, max. Instead it took nearly 4hrs.

Not fun. Not fun at all.

GC99: Benfica win again, this time 5-2. Bryan Ruiz scored another hat-trick taking his tally to 14 goals in 8 games in the league so far this season, Barrios chipped in again (now has 8 in 8) and Dzagoev got the other. We've won every game so far this season in all competitions! :D

GC109: Napoli win 5-1 tonight and with one game in the league, that win secures a third place finish for us which is a good achievement in my eyes considering it's my first full season in charge and we have won the shield, and are in the semi's of the Italian cup too.

Those were the two highlight results for me!

Respuesta: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Mallorca 1-1 Racing I'm one point after the first.

Real Madrid 5-0 Las Palmas Ronaldo scores five and I'm starting to win again.

Lecce 2-1 Napoli I'm 4th ATM. :(

Vitoria 0-3 Benfica Hazard and Carrick got slightly injured. 4th points after the first.

Málaga 4-1 Sporting 8th

Crystal Palace 0-1 Middlesbrough 5th

PSV 2-2 Utrecht Not the best start of the season with my second team.

Vitoria 2-0 Sporting Forgot to do my tactics. :(

Worst night in a good while.

been a mixed night, annoyingly Bournemouth lose there 4th game on the trot ( 3rd league game on the trot ).

However i secured the title in GC1 with Milan and in GC135 with Rubin, on the penultimate game i beat second place Shaktar 7-3 to go three points clear with one game remaining and a +9 better GD than them, so i should have the title wrapped up.

Could have been worse :)

GC 70, Aston Villa- A brace of James Milner was enough to beat Bradford City by 2-0.

GC 91, Rubin- Beat CSKA by 3-1 and as Zenit lost, increased the gap to 2nd to 13 points at the middle of season!

GC 93, Liverpool- Won 2-0 as Simao and Mario Gomez scored my goals!

GC 71, Lazio- Lost to Torino by 3-2.. Ledesma and De Guzman scored my goals.

GC 66, Napoli- Beat Udinese by 3-0 to move 2nd on GD.

GC 41, Chelsea- Only drew 2-2 with Darlington and lost the chance to move 1st.

GC 111, FCPorto- A goal of M. Veloso was enough to beat V. Guimarães.

GC 115, Chelsea- Managed to drew against Sunderland by 2-2 after being losing by 2-0 untill the 82 minutes. There Moutinho reduced and Kerzakhov equalised.

GC 124, Bradford City- 100% victorious record after 9 games, this time the victim was Stockport County and by 4-0.

GC 85, Internazionale- Kept the distance from the 2nd, Palermo, after draw with them tonight by 3-3.. Was losing by 3-1 untill the end, but the 2nd goal of Adriano gave us hope and the Aguero goal gave us the point.

GC 103, Marseille- Scoreless draw against Nantes..

GC 60, Rennes- Defeated Monaco by 2-1. And as Lyon also won, i am 1 point behind them, with 3 games to go, being the next at home against them. Will be do or die.

I wondered why you did. Of course I will accept but I don't see why my chairman won't let him go if I have Johnson and Coruluka aswell.

Thanks. I also got surprised when i see your chairman not allowed. Hope Toraman don't be needed in the game, will be a good sign (apparently) ;)

GC 89: Inter sign Fernando Torres for a very cool 65M :D

Should help in our quest for a 3rd straight league and SMFA Cup double' date=' and a 95 for cash you can never really go wrong![/font']

If that was from unmanaged that just highlights everything that is wrong with this game. It's far too easy to build teams now in GC's and I can see why some people can say that WC's and EC's etc can be more competitive. :o