Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

If that was from unmanaged that just highlights everything that is wrong with this game. It's far too easy to build teams now in GC's and I can see why some people can say that WC's and EC's etc can be more competitive. :o

WCs maybe, EC's there's too many good externals imo.

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

If that was from unmanaged that just highlights everything that is wrong with this game. It's far too easy to build teams now in GC's and I can see why some people can say that WC's and EC's etc can be more competitive. :o

Nah.....the team is manage by a guy called Maurice Fitzsimmons I can't believe he sold torres for 65 million :eek:

WCs maybe' date=' EC's there's too many good externals imo.[/quote']

Try a full one? There's a few spots in EC7345 if you want to test your theory ;)

I've currently got a 5th division Darlington in GC143 and a 4th division Chesterfield in EC7345. The former is much easier to get risers and build a team in, though admittedly it's easier to get players you know a bit about in the EC.

Try a full one? There's a few spots in EC7345 if you want to test your theory ;)

I've currently got a 5th division Darlington in GC143 and a 4th division Chesterfield in EC7345. The former is much easier to get risers and build a team in' date=' though admittedly it's easier to get players you know a bit about in the EC.[/quote']

I'm not good enough to rely on buying risers. :o

I get most of my information from the forum tbh, makes me sound smart in front of my real life mates though :P

I'm not good enough to rely on buying risers. :o

I get most of my information from the forum tbh' date=' makes me sound smart in front of my real life mates though :P[/quote']

Still worth a try though? As you say, lots of external players, managers are very open to cash deals so buying/selling risers is actually useful and very competitive as the vast majority of teams are managed. Several of the forum EC people don't do risers but tactics get them through. Either way they pose far more of a challenge than most GCs...

I've currently got a 5th division Darlington in GC143 and a 4th division Chesterfield in EC7345. The former is much easier to get risers and build a team in' date=' though admittedly it's easier to get players you know a bit about in the EC.[/quote']

i think the problem is the mentality. In the past was very hard to buy risers, young talents and even 88's in GC's. I think a lot of people still think it's hard due to amount of managers the setup have, because is an ''elite setup'' and don't bother in look for them. And maybe is due to that your GC challenge is more easier than the EC.

I probably i am one of them. I noticed a long time ago that Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sordell would rise a lot, but as they are English, well known and i noticed a bit later, i didn't bother to look on the GC's if they were available. Last Friday not had nothing to do and decided search for them, for my surprise they were available in most of them. And i think it's because managers don't bother in look as they think, the chance they are available is almost 0.

Nah.....the team is manage by a guy called Maurice Fitzsimmons I can't believe he sold torres for 65 million :eek:

You should have had him shortlisted :P He was offered out to all teams that had him shortlisted on the 30th of December, i only just noticed it the other day and luckily none of the other teams had accepted :o

You should have had him shortlisted :P He was offered out to all teams that had him shortlisted on the 30th of December' date=' i only just noticed it the other day and luckily none of the other teams had accepted :o[/quote']

NO WAY!!!!! I can't believe I missed out :mad: with the money I have :o

Two most significant results..

GC117: Sao Paulo draw 3-3 with Sevilla to reach the knockouts of the SMFA Cup by one goal on GD. Happy with this as us and Madrid progress through.

GC105: Barcelona beat West Ham 2-0 in the SMFA Cup 1st group game of the season. The 2nd string did well at the Camp Nou with Falcao and Busquets getting the goals.

3 domestic shield results today

GC 32 Lyon won 3-1 against unmanaged Toulouse to progress into second round

GC 96 Villareal won 3-1 after penalty's (normal time 0-0) against S.Marshallsay's Barca to progress into semi final

GC 100 Athetic Club won 2-1 against gary Mackay's Racing Santander to progress into quarter final

A night made of ups and downs. Being the up, the honour of GC 91, and the down the defeat in GC 66.

GC 70, Aston Villa- Was knocked out of English Shield after losing 4-1 to Arsenal..

GC 91, Rubin- Won CSKA by 3-1 in the final of Russian Shield. 6th honour with them. 38th of my SM GC career.

GC 66, Napoli- Was smashed by 4-0 in 1st leg of SMFA Champs Cup.. hardly will progress.

GC 41, Chelsea- Lost against Man City by 2-1. Need a draw against bottom B. Leverkusen to progress to SMFA Cup knockout stages.

GC 111, FCPorto- Secured a place in Portuguese Cup semi final after smash Maritimo by 4-1.

GC 115, Chelsea- Smashed Shorpe by 5-0 in English Cup. This will be my only way to save the season.

GC 85, Internazionale- Smashed Stuttgart in 1st leg of SMFA Shield Quarter Finals by 4-0. Almost with a feet in semi finals.

GC 103, Marseille- Defeat Sedan by 2-1 to progress to next round of French Shield.

GC109: Dundee finally get their hands on a decent shot-stopper in Guillermo Ochoa, the Mexican arriving for approximately £10.5m ahead of the Scottish Cup Semi-Final. Got around £90m to dip into the transfer market now :D.

Also, willing to offer my young starlets (Schurrle, Douglas Costa, Rudy, Alba, Gonalons, Arnautovic, Nsue, Mkhitaryan, Grosskreutz, Vorsah, Suarez, Bruno Cesar, Bebe, Joao Pedro and others) for higher rated players, will add cash too if wanted :)