Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

The fact you said you were willing/open to deals' date=' then say you're reluctant to trade as a United fan. That's what Stuart is saying :)[/quote']

Ahhhhh, of course i want to mix up the squad but i ment like ill be a bit cautious if thats the right word to selling players, but yeah understand how it could had been interpreted

:P

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

United looking to do deals in 147

:P

Really? :rolleyes:

From my experience, this sentence can be interpreted in 2 ways.

a) I'm extremely bored and all I want are some new club messages.

B) I actually don't want to sell anyone but I hope some idiot comes along who makes a ridiculous offer.

Usually everyone who is at least slightly interested in a fair deal states what he's looking for (depth, youngsters, high-rated players) and/or who he's looking to sell.

From my experience' date=' this sentence can be interpreted in 2 ways.

a) I'm extremely bored and all I want are some new club messages.

B) I actually don't want to sell anyone but I hope some idiot comes along who makes a ridiculous offer.

Usually everyone who is at least slightly interested in a fair deal states what he's looking for (depth, youngsters, high-rated players) and/or who he's looking to sell.[/quote']

Understand where your coming from and like you said should had explained what i wanted ect, being a United fan like ive already said its hard to choose who to get rid of so was basically just inviting people to get in concact but yeah future refrence will state who and what for now

:)

Rooney & Vidic can leave for 2 players, one has got to be a replacement 90+ with other a 90+ in any position, looking at under 30's really as i find myself more hooked to the club if i have a younger squad

Looking to get rid of VDS aswell, can offer him and some money or maybe another player for a 89+ younger keeper

Riddle for you guys.

What does a bored student plus a student loan equal?

Gold member renewal and STRANRAER in GC147.

lol

Don't you just love that healthy bank balance at the start of January?! May as well take advantage of it, seeing as I never reserve clubs, so I'll join you as manager of Albion Rovers (19 players, 67 average, £798k to spend). :)

Don't you just love that healthy bank balance at the start of January?! May as well take advantage of it' date=' seeing as I never reserve clubs, so I'll join you as manager of Albion Rovers (19 players, 67 average, £798k to spend). :)[/quote']

The BEST feeling :D I have a soft spot for Scottish Football and always get the boat to Stranraer going to 'tic games so this should be fun.

Good luck, glad you joined :)

Them darned students. Complaining all the time about cuts and it seems they have very healthy bank balances indeed what with wasting valuable pounds on worthless teams in worthless GC's. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D

Haha, I'll have you know that I've not complained about the cuts (much! Certainly not the tuition fees increase because it doesn't apply to me!). Besides, it's £3. When I go to the pub on Friday, I'll just have ten pints instead of twelve. :D

One thing i not agree, is the price to reserve a Real Madrid is the same of a York City. Bigger is the team, big is the price to pay for it, and of course the opposite too.

When i see people wasting so much for so poor sides, makes me think where's the economical crisis..

Probably this afternoon, this thread had more replies than all over the last week..

One thing i not agree' date=' is the price to reserve a Real Madrid is the same of a York City. Bigger is the team, big is the price to pay for it, and of course the opposite too.

When i see people wasting so much for so poor sides, makes me think where's the economical crisis..

Probably this afternoon, this thread had more replies than all over the last week..[/quote']

Not necessarily... It's what you get from the experience causing you to pay out. I bet the guys who've reserved sides in Croatia, lower league Scotland or the full English Conference will enjoy their time there far more than some of those at the big clubs.

In EC7345 I reserved 4th division Chesterfield. I knew a lot of forumers I like would be joining so I'd enjoy the challenge but I also feel a personal attachment to Chesterfield so I paid £3 for them. I reckon I'm enjoying them far more than Mr A in GCX with Barcelona who makes no deals with human managers and purely accumulates cash to pinch the best players off unmanaged sides...

EDIT: Hammer's back :rolleyes: Blackburn in 147, Udinese 73, Newcastle 100, Everton 111, Werder 89 and a few ECs. I'd recommend you not to deal with him and I'd report him but my club list is refusing to load :P

Not necessarily... It's what you get from the experience causing you to pay out. I bet the guys who've reserved sides in Croatia' date=' lower league Scotland or the full English Conference will enjoy their time there far more than some of those at the big clubs.

In EC7345 I reserved 4th division Chesterfield. I knew a lot of forumers I like would be joining so I'd enjoy the challenge but I also feel a personal attachment to Chesterfield so I paid £3 for them. I reckon I'm enjoying them far more than Mr A in GCX with Barcelona who makes no deals with human managers and purely accumulates cash to pinch the best players off unmanaged sides...[/quote']

the price you pay is not compared to the income you get. That's why cars have different prices, houses have different prices, etc depending on the quality you get.

Not makes sense pay 5€ for a team of squad value of 300k and play the same of a 300M..

Enjoy is subjective. What you can enjoy, i can't and the opposite is also true. But isn't subjective the squad values and basing on it, the prices you pay shouldn't be equal.

the price you pay is not compared to the income you get. That's why cars have different prices' date=' houses have different prices, etc depending on the quality you get.

Not makes sense pay 5€ for a team of squad value of 300k and play the same of a 300M..

Enjoy is subjective. What you can enjoy, i can't and the opposite is also true. But isn't subjective the squad values and basing on it, the prices you pay shouldn't be equal.[/quote']

You're right, enjoyment is subjective, and enjoyment is perhaps the key variable to consider when shelling out £3 on a team. I will arguably enjoy my challenge at Albion Rovers a lot more than the "challenge" that Barcelona and Real Madrid might possess - regardless of the difference in quality between the two team's squads/budget/stadium etc.

The fact that I could have waited until the set-ups creation before taking my team makes my point rather null and void, but perhaps I just experienced a rush of blood to the head!

One thing i not agree' date=' is the price to reserve a Real Madrid is the same of a York City. Bigger is the team, big is the price to pay for it, and of course the opposite too.

Probably this afternoon, this thread had more replies than all over the last week..[/quote']

Very good point, another plus side and of course its only a plus for SM but they would generate alot more money with alot more clubs getting reserved

the price you pay is not compared to the income you get. That's why cars have different prices' date=' houses have different prices, etc depending on the quality you get.

Enjoy is subjective. What you can enjoy, i can't and the opposite is also true. But isn't subjective the squad values and basing on it, the prices you pay shouldn't be equal.[/quote']

You get an exciting car it's expensive, you get a boring car it's cheap. You pay a mint to go to a theme park and get absolutely nothing out of it but a few thrills. If you don't enjoy a rubbish team then you don't reserve them. If you think you'll get something out of it then you pay a premium if you definitely want to get them. Plus, if you introduce the scaled payments SM are just going to increase the price of the big clubs, not drop the cost of the small ones...

You get an exciting car it's expensive' date=' you get a boring car it's cheap. You pay a mint to go to a theme park and get absolutely nothing out of it but a few thrills. If you don't enjoy a rubbish team then you don't reserve them. If you think you'll get something out of it then you pay a premium if you definitely want to get them. Plus, if you introduce the scaled payments SM are just going to increase the price of the big clubs, not drop the cost of the small ones...[/quote']

The point i am trying to make, is that in SM you pay 5€ for a Ferrari and 5€ for a Fiat Uno. You pay 5€ for a T4 in London and for a cabana on the beach. What not makes sense.

For me, would make more sense pay 5€ for teams in CL, 4€ for teams in EL, 3€ for the teams in the top division not in International competitions and 2€ for the rest.. just an example.. probably more teams reserved and probably more cash to SM.. An economical analysis could tell you if this is the best way or not. I think it's for SM and for the customers..

The point i am trying to make' date=' is that in SM you pay 5€ for a Ferrari and 5€ for a Fiat Uno. You pay 5€ for a T4 in London and for a cabana on the beach. What not makes sense.

For me, would make more sense pay 5€ for teams in CL, 4€ for teams in EL, 3€ for the teams in the top division not in International competitions and 2€ for the rest.. just an example.. probably more teams reserved and probably more cash to SM.. An economical analysis could tell you if this is the best way or not. I think it's for SM and for the customers..[/quote']

Not at all. You're assuming people get more out of the teams that start with higher values. I can point to thousands of examples where people enjoy improving a small club more than taking a giant to start off with.

That won't happen in a million years! :P If this does get introduced (and I suspect it will at some point) then the standard price will still be £3 with big teams bumped up to maybe £5.

Not at all. You're assuming people get more out of the teams that start with higher values. I can point to thousands of examples where people enjoy improving a small club more than taking a giant to start off with.

That won't happen in a million years! :P If this does get introduced (and I suspect it will at some point) then the standard price will still be £3 with big teams bumped up to maybe £5.

I not discuss what the majority like or would like' date=' as the human being is very strange and can turn the possible to impossible and vice versa. I am only speaking about the fact that the ratio, price you pay for a team vs what you can get for the money you waste, is unfair.

I have no doubt, if you see an empty GC and if you had all the time to chose a team, you wouldn't waste your 3£ in a Bradford City, but in a Man City, Barcelona, etc. And why? Because your money will be better spent in that big team considering the ratio i mentioned before.

Sometimes i look into the available clubs in new GC's and i think. I will not waste 5€ in a Sampdoria.. if it would be 3€.. a more fair price considering the benefit i would get. But 5€ is too high for their value. And as i not have money to [i']crash[/i]..

I think you are going to the subjective way(enjoyment) while i am going to the objective way(ratio money spent: team you get) :o