• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I'm not slow to point out the many things that I think Sm don't do very well, but I'll give credit where credit is due.

Making the SMFA Shield have a group stage is progress and a genuine improvement to GCs. And for once shows they've listened to their Gold members.

It seems that the teams in the groups of 4 only play each other once - not home and away like in the SMFA Cup. The top 2 then progress to a knockout phase.

Interesting...

I wonder if this will be the format in new seasons in existing GCs.

GC15: A 1-0 win over Zaragoza courtesy of an Iniesta goal leaves Atletico 11 points clear of Barcelona (:D) with 4 games to go. One win will secure the title' date=' and then we can concentrate on the Spanish Cup QF against Barca.

Fancy selling me Ribery/Alonso yet Simon :P[/quote']

You'v thrown the title away at this point before about 3 seasons ago :P

But my Barca are just not performing this year, I'd accepted the title was yours ages ago lol - well done mate, it was your turn after all - and you want me to sell the 2nd best winger and best DM around atm :eek::P

Could have been worst. Said goodbye to a league win, and saw other become very hard.

GC 70, Aston Villa- Millner hat trick was sufficient to beat West Brom.

GC 91, Rubin- 8th consecutive win in league games. Win by 3-0 over Tom. J. Martinez and Ryazantsev with 2 goals were the scorers.

GC 93, Liverpool- Lost 1-0 to Arsenal. Am now 8 points behind them in table..

GC 71, Lazio- Won Napoli by 3-2. The last goal of game was made by C. Ledesma giving me the win at min 84.

GC 66, Napoli- Closed the distance to 1st after defeat Catania by 4-0. Just 1 point now.

GC 41, Chelsea- Moved to 1st after a win by 1-0 over Man. City. The top of table is very close when the season is in the middle.

GC 111, FC Porto- Defeated Nacional by 2-0 in the last game of season. Ended the season with 14 points of advantage.

GC 115, Chelsea- Smashed Nottingham by 4-0. In this that was probably the last game of Lisandro. He in this game scored once and assisted 2. He is heading to Porto for Falcao.. ^^

GC 124, Bradford City- 10th game in Div4 and 10th win. 11 points of advantage from 2nd and 4 of top5 best scorers.. looks like a easy walk to the league win.

GC 85, Internazionale- Smashed Reggina by 6-1 tp keep the 1st place after 24games.

GC 103, Marseille- Turned the 1-0 down at half time to the final 2-1 over Sochaux to get another win.

GC 60, Rennes- The only game i couldn't lose today, I lost. In a game against first, Lyon, lost by 1-0 to be 4 points behind them with 2 games to go.

GC99: Benfica win again tonight, 3-0 this time. Ruiz getting another two goals with Barrios again getting the other. Ruiz now has 16 goals in 9 league games so far from the wing :D

GC109: Napoli beat Inter 2-1 to finish third in the league behind Juve and winners Milan. Very successful season, won the shield, third in the league and got semi's of cup to look forward too!

GC128: Real Madrid agree a two part deal with Barcelona which sees Carles Puyol, Alex SOng and Xavi come to the Bernabeu, whilst Gerard Pique and Lionel Messi head to Camp Nou. Sad at losing Pique, as he's a world class defender, but Puyol is the same, I like Xavi, and desperately needed a CM, now I have 2 with Song as backup :)

GC24 Barcelona - League leaders Real Madrid only manage a 3-3 draw with Deportivo in the final game of the season, meaning Barcelona's 2-0 win against Almeria is enough to see us overtake them in the league and win me the League for a 5th time in 6 seasons. Nice to win the on the final day..

Other than that its been a poor enough set of results. Too many draws and a few loses too.

GC77 - Rimini

Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous campaign. The illustrious names of Milan, Juventus, Roma, Inter, and Frosinone (!) were put to the sword by the Italian minnows who go down in Italian football folklore. :)

riminichampions.png

Thanks' date=' although the set-up is a rather quiet one. But hey, that's not my fault and I started off with 15 players for crying out loud, so I give myself a pat on the back! :D[/quote']

Amazing. Perfect example of how,imo , GC's will never get boring. Ridiculous achievement. Congrats.

Has no-one realised Leddy is just Ciaran?

You really are the nozyest person I know, I talked to Teb allowing for me to come back on thwen I got banned to see if The super allowed me to join then got unbanned so allowed ON happy.

Are there any challenges going on or Quite a few forumers in a certain country in 147 as i've just noticed that it's opened and im looking to join a competitive league.

Croatia is the popular one as thats the only one.