Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Had four games tonight and won them all :D

GC105: Barcelona beat Espanyol 5-1 in the Spanish shield to progress to the Semi-final where we will face a tough Valencia side. It was our second team out tonight so was very pleasing to see a result like that. Squad in terms of players and results are looking extremely strong atm!

GC117: Sao Paulo get back to winning ways with a 4-0 win tonight in the 2nd round of the Brazilian cup with Kevin Davies bagging a brace. Shame we've managed to bugger it all up in the league after being so far ahead lol. Oh well, in quaters of Champs Cup and still in the cup, could still be a successful season.

GC119: Udinese smash Mantova 4-0 tonight after the superb earlier news today over their new signings. Jones, Ninkovic, Perez and Isla with the goals tonight. Hopefully more transfer news to follow shortly..

GC125: Lazio beat unknown Turkish side 3-0 in the SMFA Shield third round tonight to give us a great advantage going into the second leg which is played at home.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2267

REMY JOINS LOS RAYADOS

168299_10150177600849018_629794017_8541698_8019855_n.jpg

In breaking news, Monterrey add the attacking talents of French international winger/forward Loic Remy to their ranks, in a straight swap for Benoit Cheyrou. Whilst Cheyrou is a tidy player, I couldn't turn down the offer of a talent like Remy.

Our team now looks like this - loving the front 3 especially -

180983_10150177603939018_629794017_8541754_6632757_n.jpg

GC:111 - Newcastle United comfortably advance to the 3rd round of the English Shield, beating Bolton Wanderers 3-0. Ola Toivonen, Steven Saunders, and Junior Simao doing the scoring. Newcastle next test in the shield will be Everton, which should be the most exciting match in round 3. Newcastle face Man United in the league on Wednesday, and then play Bayern Munich Friday at St. James Park down 2-1 on aggregate in the first round of the SMFA Shield. In transfer news, Newcastle are reportedly looking to sign Greg Cunningham from the LA Galaxy, Callum Mcmanaman from Wigan Athletic, and Reinhold Yabo who is currently a free agent.

GC147 Marseille Brake Club Record In Champions League:

My side last night took on Boca Juniors and with a change of players on the pitch since I took over big things happened.

We smashed the to shreds wining 10-1

J.BEAUSÉJOUR (ex Birmingham) got 4 goals.

A.BUKHAROV (ex Zenit) got 4 goals.

L.GONZALEZ got a goal.

D.GUIZA (ex Fenerbahçe) got a goal.

Now I hope to keep this form and pull off a shocking 15th place!

I am so shattered, 1st leg of QTR final in SMFA Cup lost 2-1 to Inter with my Lille, then last night for 2nd leg I won 2-1 but lost 4-1 on penalties :(. I lost in the quarter finals just like last year :(.

Although iv technically won nothing, im pretty happy about the following.

When GC85 was created i took over as Falkirk, won division 2, then immediately won division 1.

Season 3 is now almost over and i find myself second in the league ( miles behind mike's Celtic ) but more importantly, little old Falkirk are now in the SMFA cup semi finals.

Since the group stages iv only lost one game, against Roma, which finished 3-2

My group stage was made up of Roma, Vilarreal and UNAM Pumas. Roma were the reigning champions but finished third in the group.

Next up was Sevilla, who i beat 1-0 followed up by a 1-1 draw.

In the quarters i met Valencia and demolished them 3-0 at home. To prove it was no fluke i went away and beat them 2-1, thumping them 5-1 on Agg :D

Next up in the semi's in Bordeaux. A very well managed Bordeaux so im not to hopeful.

The other semi is made up of Chelsea and Torino. Would be awesome if the two under dogs made the final :D:D

GC 71: Dundee beat Man City 2-0 and 3-2 on agg to progress to the next round of the shield...where Chelsea await B)

The midfield and strike force are now incredibly strong so have started to work on the defence. Mark Schwarzer comes in as a short term solution to our goalkeeping problems, while Ezequiel Munoz comes to help the defence both in the short term, and the very very long term. Would like to sign 4 more quality defenders so then we can start to dominate Scotland and Europe at the same time.

A couple of my more impressive results from last night:

GC19 - Sheffield Wednesday

The Owls thrash Rangers 4-1 in the First Leg of their SMFA Shield, Round Three tie to put them in a dominant position in the tie. Victory will see them though to the Quarter-Finals of the competition they won back in Season Five, while the South Yorkshire club attempt to finally break into the top four of England after a series of near misses. Wednesday currently lie fourth in the table after 17 games, albeit with an almighty chasing pack right on their tail.

GC75 - Rotherham United

The Millers march into the Quarter-Finals of the English Shield thanks to a 3-0 win away to Barnsley. An unmanaged, but still pretty good, Blackburn await with the winners getting a place in the Semi-Finals. Rotherham have started Season Four strongly and are looking good for a fourth successive promotion by sitting atop Division Two after seven games (with six wins and one defeat).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just noticed in GC1 how the German season has two friendlies in the very middle of the season, presumably to represent a Winter break. Quite like the addition, but it doesn't make much sense in this set-up since there are 20 teams in the division and not 18 in other set-ups (for Germany).

AS Monaco have managed to sign Lionel MESSI from Spartak Moskva on a deal believed to be around £19' date='000,000 plus Holger BADSTUBER and Ibrahim AFELLAY [/quote']

Saw this in GC6 - wow.

That is an incredible deal:eek: Who's the Monaco and Spartak manager?

GC119: Udinese complete a couple of more "low key" deals today following the huge deals of Pastore, Sissoko and Capoue. Joining today is exciting midfielder Marvin Martin from Sochaux for £7.4million, heard some good things about this guy, had the cash so thought why not as he is still young too. Youth player Ezequiel Calvente was the next low key signing for around £800k.

More transfer news to come soon from these, hopefully..

That deal has cheat written all over it

Don't jump to conclusions. It could be a two or three part deal.

Onto my fun times, I agreed a deal with Atletico manager in 112 for Ronaldinho. I told him I'd sell him for £23million if I could swap my Amelia for De Gea. He agreed and I sold Ronaldinho for cash. Now he's saying we didn't have a deal for De Gea. I quoted our conversation in the message back to him and have since sent him another saying basically that if he doesn't do it, I'm reporting him to sm. I'm in the right here? yes?

If I get the deal reversed, I'll sell Ron for £22million to his closest rivals. It's the principle of it!

Onto my fun times' date=' I agreed a deal with Atletico manager in 112 for Ronaldinho. I told him I'd sell him for £23million if I could swap my Amelia for De Gea. He agreed and I sold Ronaldinho for cash. Now he's saying we didn't have a deal for De Gea. I quoted our conversation in the message back to him and have since sent him another saying basically that if he doesn't do it, I'm reporting him to sm. I'm in the right here? yes?

If I get the deal reversed, I'll sell Ron for £22million to his closest rivals. It's the principle of it![/quote']

Report him Kez. I am sure SM will reverse it if he doesnt stick with what he agreed

On a different note I follow this link of the forum.

Players: Should I buy, sell or keep?

however you cant add a reply or make a quote. are they problems with the forum as well at the mo?

GC 88: Bayern Munchen complete the capture of Lionel Messi from Barcelona for Fernando Torres and Thomas Muller.

Now looking for a high rated midfield playmaker, and I'm looking directly at Olympiakos Kez... a certain Portuguese individual.

GC 88: Bayern Munchen complete the capture of Lionel Messi from Barcelona for Fernando Torres and Thomas Muller.

Now looking for a high rated midfield playmaker' date=' and I'm looking directly at Olympiakos Kez... a certain Portuguese individual.[/quote']

No problem. I bought him to sell him. Will be looking for a deal significantly better than what I paid for him. (Bellamy + Cearance ;))

Onto my fun times' date=' I agreed a deal with Atletico manager in 112 for Ronaldinho. I told him I'd sell him for £23million if I could swap my Amelia for De Gea. He agreed and I sold Ronaldinho for cash. Now he's saying we didn't have a deal for De Gea. I quoted our conversation in the message back to him and have since sent him another saying basically that if he doesn't do it, I'm reporting him to sm. I'm in the right here? yes?

If I get the deal reversed, I'll sell Ron for £22million to his closest rivals. It's the principle of it![/quote']

Of course you're in the right mate. Happened to me a few months ago in GC99, he wouldn't follow through with the second part of the deal so SM reversed and he quit so not sure if they'd throw him out of the setup. But yeah they'll reverse it. Best to threaten him with that first and see if that'll convince him to do the De Gea part of the deal. :P

Guest Leddy

Been Pretty active lately transfer wise.

Start of with Juve in GC38.

Gianluigi BUFFON has completed his move to Lazio from Juventus for £6,000,000 plus Mauro ZARATE and Sergey RYZHIKOV

Happy with that as Zarate is in good form and Ryzhikov hopefully stay at 89 for half a season were I get a replacement, Buffon a vast dropper.

Now to my loved MIlan in GC81

Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC has completed his move to Milan from Real Madrid in a swap deal for Diego MILITO and Davide DI GENNARO

Love the deal Ibra is in great form for Milan and Milito have'nt heard of him since the Champo league final and Di Gennaro never heard of so happy with that deal.

The offer for Thiago SILVA of Atlético Madrid from Milan has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Deal yet to be named untill it's completed.

Actually this deal does raise a bit of a question. Aside from the fact that it depends on exactly what he said as to whether he agreed on not (I'm not doubting you here, just that without seeing exactly what he said no-one can really say for sure that he was definitely in the wrong), I guess another aspect is how time plays a factor in these things (not necessarily this deal).

For instance, say two people both agreed to a deal and then one took, oh, to pick an extreme example, 6 months to sell a player to raise the cash to pay for that deal, then would the other be in the wrong to back out? What about 2 months? 2 weeks? etc, etc.

I guess my question is, what is the lifespan on such an agreement if one party has to wait for another to sell a player? Would they be in the right to pull out if they had to wait for the other one to sell a player if they hadn't told them that was the case? At what point does it become hazy? I'd just be interested in thoughts here 'cos to me it really doesn't seem that clearcut.

EDIT: Had to edit the post 'cos at first I thought that Kex was selling Ronaldinho elsewhere to raise the cash but then realised it was the first part of the deal. But the generally sepaking the question still stands...

Actually this deal does raise a bit of a question. Aside from the fact that it depends on exactly what he said as to whether he agreed on not (I'm not doubting you here' date=' just that without seeing exactly what he said no-one can really say for sure that he was definitely in the wrong), I guess another aspect is how time plays a factor in these things (not necessarily this deal).

For instance, say two people both agreed to a deal and then one took, oh, to pick an extreme example, 6 months to sell a player to raise the cash to pay for that deal, then would the other be in the wrong to back out? What about 2 months? 2 weeks? etc, etc.

I guess my question is, what is the lifespan on such an agreement if one party has to wait for another to sell a player? Would they be in the right to pull out if they had to wait for the other one to sell a player if they hadn't told them that was the case? At what point does it become hazy? I'd just be interested in thoughts here 'cos to me it really doesn't seem that clearcut.

EDIT: Had to edit the post 'cos at first I thought that Kex was selling Ronaldinho elsewhere to raise the cash but then realised it was the first part of the deal. But the generally sepaking the question still stands...[/quote']

Well, he did agreed to accept after the transfer ban was up.

""Kevin Kelly

Like you said, this GC is tight on players. I'd sell him for cash if you'd swap Amelia for De Gea.

Jamie Walker

but we would have to wait for that deal to happen i think though due to his transfer ban?

Kevin Kelly

Yeah, but I could sell you Ronaldinho now? Then make the bid for De Gea when his ban is up?

Jamie Walker

yeah go on then no probs""

He even questions it.

Well' date=' he did agreed to accept after the transfer ban was up.

""Kevin Kelly

Like you said, this GC is tight on players. I'd sell him for cash if you'd swap Amelia for De Gea.

Jamie Walker

but we would have to wait for that deal to happen i think though due to his transfer ban?

Kevin Kelly

Yeah, but I could sell you Ronaldinho now? Then make the bid for De Gea when his ban is up?

Jamie Walker

yeah go on then no probs""

He even questions it.[/quote']

No that seems clear. Like I say, I never doubted you, just that it's impossible to say for sure without seeing what you see.

And for that deal there was also a clear timeline, when his transfer ban is up. But my question still stands, what is the shelf-life on (I guess any) deal before someone can be seen as going back on the deal?

No that seems clear. Like I say' date=' I never doubted you, just that it's impossible to say for sure without seeing what you see.

And for that deal there was also a clear timeline, when his transfer ban is up. But my question still stands, what is the shelf-life on (I guess any) deal before someone can be seen as going back on the deal?[/quote']

Well, It's my opinion that if someone agrees a deal in which they have to gather cash over a period of time that it has to be set in stone from the start. Team A agrees to sell player X for players 1, 2 and £30million to team B. Team B sells players 3,4,5 and 6 to raise funds. Team A pulls the plug, Team B is significantly worse off. It's just bad manners!

GC 71, Lazio- After losing a few cash bid battles.. decided to offer a lot to get Sakho.. well, bought him for £27,737,000. Have now a few decent CB's.. Him, Lombaerts, Koscielny, Carriço, Victor Ruiz and Maicon.. Have to strenghten attack and midfield now..

GC114 - Real Madrid

The domestic treble is completed as Real Madrid defeat Valencia 3-1 on penalties following a 2-2 draw in a close encounter. Arjen Robben got both of the goals for the Madrid giants, who now look forward to Thursday's SMFA Champions Cup Final against Sevilla, in the aim of completing a historic quadruple.

GC honour number 29. :)

GC139 - Hibernian

Its officially the domestic end of season one folllowing the Cup Finals tonight. Hibernian completed a shocking, yet brilliant treble in the first season of the set-up. Smashed the league, smashed the shield, and smashed the cup following our fantastic 4-1 win over Dundee United tonight. Recent transfers included the sale of David Bentley for £3M + Craig Dawson + Chris Brunt and I put the money towards Wilfred Zaha, Scott Wagstaff and Kieran Richardson. SMFA Cup footie next season, brilliant stuff. Jon Walters was our best player by far, bagging 28 goals and 20 assists in all competitions (35 games he played), but following some new arrivals over the last month, his position is under competition. GC honour 13.

1st XI

Al Habsi

Behrami - Maduro - Safari

Toppal

Donovan - Dorrans - Brunt - Richardson

Szalai - Piquionne

2nd XI

Al Habsi

Simpson - Wheater - Neil Taylor

Isco

Lanzafame - Sigurdson - Enevoldsen - Walters

Morison - Becchio/Holt