• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Normal results, unless the GC 124 and GC 131.. Where my opponents scored in all their shots to target.. :rolleyes:

GC 70, Aston Villa- A late penalty converted by Downing equalised the game against Bordeaux in the 1st leg of SMFA Shield round 3.

GC 91, Rubin- Beat Krylia Sovetov by 1-0 due to a lonely goal of Eduardo da Silva at minute 86. In next round of Russian Cup will play Amkar.

GC 93, Liverpool- Destroyed Shrewsbury Town by 8-1 for the English Cup. Honda scored 3!

GC 66, Napoli- Lost to Genoa by 3-2, and consequently was knocked out in the quarter finals of Italian Cup.

GC 23, Benfica- Drew 2-2 against Juve for the SMFA Shield. Not a great result as was an home game.

GC 41, Chelsea- Beat Fiorentina away by 2-1 in the first leg of SMFA Cup Quarter finals. Gerrard and Grosskreutz scored my goals.

GC 124, Bradford City- Was knocked out of English Cup by PN End by 3-2. Was winning the game by 2-0 and their shots on target were all goals.. :rolleyes:

GC 131, Borussia Dortmund- Lost to Freiburg in penalties after draw with them by 2-2 in the regular time. Disapointed as was knocked in Quarters for an unmanaged team.. :(

GC 103, Marseille- Smashed New England Revolution by 4-1 in the 1st leg of SMFA Shield round 3.

GC 60, Rennes- Progressed to next French Shield round after beat Lens by 3-1.

GC 106 - Inter Milan keep up there unbeaten record in all comps this season by beating Milan 2-1 to reach the Italian Shield Semi Final who we come up against Roma.. Can we keep these run of results up a bag home atleast a couple of tropheys and secure the league for the second time in a row ?

:D

GC73 CSKA Moskva Looking To Deal!

Looking to deal here is the deals I can offer so hury:

IGNASHEVICH 89 CB - BEREZUTSKY 89 Def - SEMBERAS 88 DM for a 90+ Defender!

ANDERSON 90 CM - DENILSON 89 CM - MAMAEV 88 CM all for a 92+ CM.

BARRIOS 90 ST - DERDIYOK 88 ST - NECID 88 ST for a solid 90+ ST.

All 3 may seem a big deal just looking to put a cup wining side together.

I agree.

I do hope SM read this' date=' as tbh as both me and Rhys are long term members of this game.

We deserve better. The customer service is zero, shouldn't be allowed happen.

We'll move on.[/quote']

I know how you feel. I was talking to probably the biggest dev on sm recently and after around 10 pm's of beating around a bush, wasting my time, he comes and just basically says 'tough luck'.

Since that, and quite a lot of ludicrous results, my interest in sm has vastly decreased. Also since then I have bought a Xbox (thanks Adam for all of the help with that) and I have been talking to proper real life people I know. So the time I spend on sm is getting lower and lower. This time next year I think for me, SM will be history. I've talked to some nice people on sm and I'm glad about that. I'll stay on the forum, post here and there, but like I have said, I won't be on much.

Anyway...

GC107; Port Vale

The Valiants continue their English Shield heroics tonight, by knocking out English giants Liverpool. Swedish striker Denni Avdic bagged the winner in the 77th minute to stun the Scouser's and advance to the semis where we face the favorites - Arsenal. Can we make it to the final?!

GC99: Benfica beat Besiktas 5-0 tonight to progress through to the knockouts of the SMFA Cup. We finished top of the group ahead of Barcelona who also progress. FC Porto are next up in the league for us in a very important, must win game!

GC117: Sao Paulo go through to the semi-final of the SMFA Cup tonight after beating Genoa 1-0 (4-2 on aggregate). We play fellow Brazilian side Flamengo in the semi's. :D

GC125: Lazio beat Juventus 3-1 tonight to lift the Italian Shield. Next game in the league on Wednesday is also against Juve. This is my 33rd GC Honour. Now have a lot of cash in this GC to go out and improve the squad and if I can achieve that then maybe they will avoid the cut when I quit a few of my sides!

I have to say i sympathise with all those people who have encountered problems such as Rhys,Penguin,Phill.

I wont say to much because when i did before you wouldnt believe the lengths SM took to basically try and crush my opinions, stop me posting opinions, when evr you say something a bit critical its like you get pillored from post to post.

SM is a great game, undoubtably the best of its kind on the net and should be rightfully proud of its many achievemnets...it has embraced change most for the good of the game and even on my time on the game the advancements in 95% of cases have been fantastic.

However the support system is shabby...totally inept and does little to quell the fears of most people on the game. Cheats are allowed to prosper, wrongdoing is not punished adequotely and people ith real tales to tell are pushed away with little or no explanation, no reasoning and with no sense of the keeping the "Morals of the game".

People with real ales who participate in the game the right way are being taken for a ride by many people who break agreements, backtrack on there word and the whole system supports people who generally are in the wrong, whereas people who play the game fair and in the "Spirit" of the game are punished through no fault of there own.

The support system needs a complete overhaul, many people spend a lot of money on this game with 12monthly membership, reseverving of teams. In any business customer service is and should be the most importnat factor in any business. With no customers, you have no business. Loyal and committed members of this game are not being adequotely looked after. I dont see anybody sending in loads of tickets all the time, people generally have a grievence in the market once in a blue moon, surely a little personal touch would be a nice way to broach these issues. It surely cannot hurt, I understand the issues on time etc but the best way to protect the integrity o the game is to listen to people who flag up cheats etc and do the necessary to maintain that integrity through taking the appropriate actions.

Lets face it this game, even this forum has many people who have flouted the rules of the game, you only have to look at a few people still on the game despite numerous rule-breaking to show that im afraid it gives us the consumer the impression that money is more important than keeping the game "clean" so to speak, and the happiness of the consumer. Now I understand SM is a business, no problem with that but the game and the number of members will always be there taking the appropriate action and actually permenently banning these people would do more to restore the faith of its consumers than anything else they could do.

Let me finish by saying SM is a fantastic game, the creators should be rightfully proud, this is a small but importnat issue which does need addressing however in overall terms people who knock SM need to take a step back because as I say 95% of the actions taken by SM are spot on and really add to the enjoyment and experience of the game

I have to say i sympathise with all those people who have encountered problems such as Rhys' date='Penguin,Phill.

I wont say to much because when i did before you wouldnt believe the lengths SM took to basically try and crush my opinions, stop me posting opinions, when evr you say something a bit critical its like you get pillored from post to post.

SM is a great game, undoubtably the best of its kind on the net and should be rightfully proud of its many achievemnets...it has embraced change most for the good of the game and even on my time on the game the advancements in 95% of cases have been fantastic.

However the support system is shabby...totally inept and does little to quell the fears of most people on the game. Cheats are allowed to prosper, wrongdoing is not punished adequotely and people ith real tales to tell are pushed away with little or no explanation, no reasoning and with no sense of the keeping the "Morals of the game".

People with real ales who participate in the game the right way are being taken for a ride by many people who break agreements, backtrack on there word and the whole system supports people who generally are in the wrong, whereas people who play the game fair and in the "Spirit" of the game are punished through no fault of there own.

The support system needs a complete overhaul, many people spend a lot of money on this game with 12monthly membership, reseverving of teams. In any business customer service is and should be the most importnat factor in any business. With no customers, you have no business. Loyal and committed members of this game are not being adequotely looked after. I dont see anybody sending in loads of tickets all the time, people generally have a grievence in the market once in a blue moon, surely a little personal touch would be a nice way to broach these issues. It surely cannot hurt, I understand the issues on time etc but the best way to protect the integrity o the game is to listen to people who flag up cheats etc and do the necessary to maintain that integrity through taking the appropriate actions.

Lets face it this game, even this forum has many people who have flouted the rules of the game, you only have to look at a few people still on the game despite numerous rule-breaking to show that im afraid it gives us the consumer the impression that money is more important than keeping the game "clean" so to speak, and the happiness of the consumer. Now I understand SM is a business, no problem with that but the game and the number of members will always be there taking the appropriate action and actually permenently banning these people would do more to restore the faith of its consumers than anything else they could do.

Let me finish by saying SM is a fantastic game, the creators should be rightfully proud, this is a small but importnat issue which does need addressing however in overall terms people who knock SM need to take a step back because as I say 95% of the actions taken by SM are spot on and really add to the enjoyment and experience of the game[/quote']

Seconded. SM used to have a community, now it just feels like a business :(

Seconded. SM used to have a community' date=' now it just feels like a business :([/quote']

I have to agree - it changed a couple of years ago when the site suddenly exploded with members and SM couldn't cope with numbers joining. Also adding all the obscure players and teams, and spending time on that has taken time away from customer service and in-game maintenance. The servers are only just about coping now on match days

I have to agree - it changed a couple of years ago when the site suddenly exploded with members and SM couldn't cope with numbers joining. Also adding all the obscure players and teams' date=' and spending time on that has taken time away from customer service and in-game maintenance.[b'] The servers are only just about coping now on match days[/b]

Only just. Gameworlds are often temporarily "disabled" these days! :o Still, the game is good. And I agree with everything Ray said, it's still enjoyable, improvements are decent just the custom service is shocking.

I have to agree - it changed a couple of years ago when the site suddenly exploded with members and SM couldn't cope with numbers joining. Also adding all the obscure players and teams' date=' and spending time on that has taken time away from customer service and in-game maintenance. The servers are only just about coping now on match days[/quote']

More members have meant worse customer interaction. It's to be expected but automated responses get on everyone's nerves. I'd personally much prefer a response from a human 48 hours later.

I don't mind them expanding the database. Some people like to scout the globe and SM's gone fully worldwide and people may like to buy players they recognise. By the same token though, players have to be removed from the database when they retire. It's not hard when reviewing a league to check that all the players are still playing football...

Match days are woeful. Results in popular game-worlds are starting to come in the following day and post-match discussion is far more interesting than pre-match.

That's contributed to the downfall of the forum. It's completely dead with absolutely no worthwhile, discussion inducing posts on here for some time. Why bother when you're just going to get a few one line responses with no argument to them from spineless, brainless idiots?

I have to say i sympathise with all those people who have encountered problems such as Rhys' date='Penguin,Phill.

Let me finish by saying SM is a fantastic game, the creators should be rightfully proud, this is a small but importnat issue which does need addressing however in overall terms people who knock SM need to take a step back because as I say 95% of the actions taken by SM are spot on and really add to the enjoyment and experience of the game[/quote']

Brilliant post Ray ! really is.

the game will never change sadly, the dollar is the name of this game, cheats are givin' free reign as they bring in a few quid.

Its terrible but nothing we can do, if anything else has been proved today it's the further alienating of the transfer marker by telling me not to do 2 part deals.

We live and learn.

Brilliant post Ray ! really is.

the game will never change sadly' date=' the dollar is the name of this game, [b']cheats are givin' free reign as they bring in a few quid.[/b]

Its terrible but nothing we can do, if anything else has been proved today it's the further alienating the transfer marker by telling me not to do 2 part deals.

We live and learn.

Or in Hammer's case, Millions

:o

I read the code of conduct last night and was about to post a section of it for 'Penguin' to include in the next ticket he sends.. However the part about multi deals has been removed. CoC last updated 21st Feb 11' date=' guess we know what they removed.[/quote']

Really?! That's disgusting. GM's so not being renewed :)

Do you know what would be great. If SM took time out from there busy schedule and money making schemes to come onto the forum and explain themselves on why has customer service drastically diminished over recent months and years and what's their stance on cheats.

Not much to ask really is it.

Yeah' date=' I have found what they used to say..

There are numerous ways in which you could be deemed to have broken the rules in relation to the transfer market:

Using multiple accounts (linked to point 2) to manipulate the transfer market (also linked to points 3b, 3c, 3d & 3e);

Agreeing to sell a player to another manager in one Game World in return to them selling you a player in another Game Worlds;

Joining a Game World you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to prevent another manager from purchasing a player (linked to point 2);

Joining a Game World you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to release a player as a free agent so that they can be purchased by another club (linked to point 2);

Joining a Game World you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to transfer a player in/out to benefit one club (linked to point 2);

Planning to leave a Game World you are currently a manager in and transfer a player in/out to benefit one club, and then resign from the club in question once the transfer is completed (linked to point 2);

Agreeing via Private Message to buy/sell a player(s) with another manager, and then fail to buy/sell your player(s) once you have bought/sold to them (linked to point 7).

And point 7 is:

If SoccerManager.com believe that have made an agreement via Private Message to buy/sell a player(s) with another manager, and then fail to buy/sell your player(s) once you have bought/sold to them, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, take the appropriate action against and/or suspend your account.

As you can see this was in the Code of Conduct.. and now its not.

GC31:

Alan KASAEV has completed his move to Arsenal from Spartak Moskva for £8,400,000

Nice 24 year old who wil fit in well.

Drogba next to join my side for next season will do well.

Looking for a 90+ keeper will give up ALMUNIA - HEINZE - TONI for one two 90s and a 88 somone must want this.

Just PM me.

Pretty disgraceful...

Do you have a link? Penguin should still be able to cite it if it was in the Code of Conduct when the deal was arranged :)

No link as its no longer in the code of conduct. I've posted it a few times on the forum so was just a matter of a quick search to find the posts.

I'll not be doing any multi deals in future knowing that SM won't take action against people who don't complete the deals.

And now I'll get to some results from tonight.

GC36 Real Madrid -Tied 2-2 with Barcelona from the first leg, Madrid were able to win 3-1 tonight (5-3 on agg) and progress to the Semi Finals.

GC38 Inter Milan - Inter went into tonights SMFA Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg against Bayern Munich trailing 3-0 from the 1st leg, we managed to win 3-0 to take the game to penalties but lost 3-2. Nearly pulled off a great comeback.

Had a few SMFA Cup Q/F 1st leg games tonight as well won in GC42 4-0 and in GC46 we drew 3-3.

GC101 Inter Milan - Inter win the Italian Shield 2-1 on pens after a 2-2 draw against Roma.

Well if you want conspiracy theories and moaning, and you don't have access to Channel 5, then this is the place to be!

So funny.

Told you they dont care mate' date=' its an absolute disgrace, the amount of money us lot give to SM and they refuse to help us when we have a problem.

Proves one thing, all they care about is MONEY![/quote']

The amount of money?? This is my main gripe with everyone having a go. You get a years 'premium' membership for £15 a year tops. That's 5 pints nowadays. And you don't even have to pay that! The game is still free for anyone. The amount of work that goes into this game to let people play it for free is untrue.

I wont say to much because when i did before you wouldnt believe the lengths SM took to basically try and crush my opinions' date=' stop me posting opinions, when evr you say something a bit critical its like you get pillored from post to post.[/quote']

This bit made me LOL. I'm not sure which post this was or when, but I can guarantee it will have been to keep it calm round here, rather than hide all the dark secrets in the SM HQ!

Seconded. SM used to have a community' date=' now it just feels like a business :([/quote']

It is a business. Why do people swan around here thinking Ste and co should change the game to make it perfect for them personally, and ignore the sensible business options. This is their livelihood, how they pay the mortgage. It's like asking a Plumber to chuck in a free boiler when he's fixing your tap. Of course the business and back pockets are going to come first.

Really though? Adamski said GC56 would be his last, I think he's joined everyone since then... :P

To sum up...

SM is a career for the owners, they should not make changes for you that cost them money, when you are still going to be on the game either way.

£15 a year is insane value for the detail that goes into the site.

The game is still free to play. How you can call anyone greedy when you are given an interactive game like this for no cost at all is beyond me.

I agree the support system is terrible, but what else do you expect for the price you get everything at. They cannot afford to employ 100 people to sit on their rear answering tickets all day.

Ray found out about Ste wearing women's knickers and Ste has been following him round making sure he doesn't blab.

Well if you want conspiracy theories and moaning' date=' and you don't have access to Channel 5, then this is the place to be!

So funny.

The amount of money?? This is my main gripe with everyone having a go. You get a years 'premium' membership for £15 a year tops. That's 5 pints nowadays. And you don't even have to pay that! The game is still free for anyone. The amount of work that goes into this game to let people play it for free is untrue.

This bit made me LOL. I'm not sure which post this was or when, but I can guarantee it will have been to keep it calm round here, rather than hide all the dark secrets in the SM HQ!

It is a business. Why do people swan around here thinking Ste and co should change the game to make it perfect for them personally, and ignore the sensible business options. This is their livelihood, how they pay the mortgage. It's like asking a Plumber to chuck in a free boiler when he's fixing your tap. Of course the business and back pockets are going to come first.

Really though? Adamski said GC56 would be his last, I think he's joined everyone since then... :P

To sum up...

SM is a career for the owners, they should not make changes for you that cost them money, when you are still going to be on the game either way.

£15 a year is insane value for the detail that goes into the site.

The game is still free to play. How you can call anyone greedy when you are given an interactive game like this for no cost at all is beyond me.

I agree the support system is terrible, but what else do you expect for the price you get everything at. They cannot afford to employ 100 people to sit on their rear answering tickets all day.

Ray found out about Ste wearing women's knickers and Ste has been following him round making sure he doesn't blab.[/quote']

If ever iveseen someone get there knickers in a twist its this and well obviously you have some issues to address :P

All anybody is saying is that the support system in comparison to the rest of the game is awful. I made a whole thread on it before and had comments removed, infractions given blah blah and basically it was because they didnt like what I was saying....whether you agree with it or not you should still be within your rights to air it.

SM is good value I agree, but not everybody is Mr Moneybags like you, can throw hundreds round gambling and brag about it etc. The majority of the people on here are kids who dont have much money, just because we are adults with a proper wage etc most members wont have that luxury, Im not personally complaining about price at all I think its good value but to many others who are kids, unemployed eyc it is a lot of money and a proper support system would add so much more to the game than flooding the database for example with players from random obscure countries, but thats my opinion.

Finally it is a fairly big allegation to suggest Ste wears women knickers, now I dont have any problem with it, free country can do what you like bit disturbing youhave obviously been sitting around thinking about it though....whatever floats your boat and all that Tom.....:P:p

I think the most shocking suggestion is that people watch Channel 5....who are these people?? Surely it cant be true!! Please no!!