Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

No link as its no longer in the code of conduct. I've posted it a few times on the forum so was just a matter of a quick search to find the posts.

I'll not be doing any multi deals in future knowing that SM won't take action against people who don't complete the deals.

Thanks Al, yep the pm's and deal agreed is before they changed the code of conduct to suit themselves.

Will try another ticket. As I have said before be careful doing 2 part deals people a's it is perfectly fine not to go through with the 2nd part of it.

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Thanks Al' date=' yep the pm's and deal agreed is before they changed the code of conduct to suit themselves.

Will try another ticket. As I have said before be careful doing 2 part deals people a's it is perfectly fine not to go through with the 2nd part of it.[/quote']

More importnatly change your Sig picture :)

Us Liverpool fans dont wanna see that sight in a red shirt ever again...the traitor!!

It is a business. Why do people swan around here thinking Ste and co should change the game to make it perfect for them personally' date=' and ignore the sensible business options. This is their livelihood, how they pay the mortgage. It's like asking a Plumber to chuck in a free boiler when he's fixing your tap. Of course the business and back pockets are going to come first.[/quote']

Yes, it's a business. However, it's always been a business and the sense of community is waning. I agree that SM produce a fantastic product for what we pay but the standard of customer service has gone down the drain which isn't good at all, no matter how big or small your business is. SM say that they care a lot about their online community:

We believe in growing a friendly Internet community that's based around a soccer manager game, where people can come together, enjoy the game and make new friends along the way.

but the service that some long-standing members of the community have received is appalling. I'm not moaning that I should be paying less at all, I just want some better service like there was about a year ago. SM's growing in a big way but it's clear that the company haven't acted upon this with automated responses to tickets rather than talking to someone and the servers not being able to cope on match-days.

Really though? Adamski said GC56 would be his last' date=' I think he's joined everyone since then... :P[/quote']

Yeah. Full ECs/customs > GCs :o

At the end of the day, SM is a business which most of us pay to use The policy of "the customer is always right" doesn't apply, I mean obviously it shouldn't to every extent but in terms of helping customers, SM are pretty shocking. We pay to play this game so should be treated like a paying customer like you'd expect to be treated anywhere else you are playing to go or whatever. Instead, we just pushed away (with the tickets etc). That's all I have to say really, great game but shocking customer service.

Hi Guys,

Firstly I am sorry to hear that some of you think the Support service is not up to the high standards we aim for at SM.

However I would have to disagree, and firmly believe we provide a very good customer service to all our customers.

All tickets are responded to within 48 hours, all major bugs dealt with immediately, all other problems quickly and we continue to improve the game based on suggestions sent to us and posts put in the forum. Although SM has grown in size we still read and interact regularly on the forum.

The main issues seem to be the 'automated' responses and dealing with 'cheats'.

Firstly the 'automated' responses issue.

Every ticket sent to us is read and reviewed by a human from the support team, we have no auto respond system in place. The 'automated' response is a standard response which we have put in place for a number of reasons to ensure consistency and accuracy as well as to ensure non-english speaking people receive a translated response as we now have many thousands of non-english speaking people playing the game.

As I have already said EVERY ticket sent to us is read by a HUMAN.

The second main issue is 'cheats'.

Every reported 'cheat' ticket we receive is again reviewed by a human. The deal obviously has already run through the ATMS but is then extra reviewed by a human.

The problem is that based on the information a decision has to be made whether there is enough proof that there is cheating and then what 'punishment' to impose. Now very often it is quite obvious, other times it is not. However either way a decision needs to be made, and we need to get it right.

As I have said a HUMAN makes this decision based on the information in front of them. Sometimes we agree with the report other times not, but there is no hidden agenda from our side. We do not tolerate cheats and spend huge amounts of our resources trying to improve the ATMS and employ people to deal with the cheats. We do not want any cheats on the game.

However once a decision has been made, and we do it with the best of intentions based on the information in front of us, some people don't agree with the decision we make. The complaint then seems to be of the 'standard' response saying we have found no cheating. Unfortunately the 'standard' response is the only one can give, as we don't want to (and in some cases for data protection reasons, cannot) give out information about our decision. However as I have said above, every decision we make is made by a human and made in good faith with no hidden agenda.

The final issue which has caused some issues is the changing of the code of conduct, specifically not dealing with people who have not followed through on 'multi-part' deals via PM.

We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons. Therefore with now not being able to verify what was said in deals it becomes impossible for us to 'police' this area and people will have to do 'multi-part' deals with either people they trust or take a risk.

If ever iveseen someone get there knickers in a twist its this and well obviously you have some issues to address :P

My knickers? Lol. I posted in reply to a whole page of people getting wound up.. in fact I'd say mine were the least twisted :)

All anybody is saying is that the support system in comparison to the rest of the game is awful. I made a whole thread on it before and had comments removed' date=' infractions given blah blah and basically it was because they didnt like what I was saying....whether you agree with it or not you should still be within your rights to air it.[/quote']

I agree that it is awful. But you should not expect anything more. They cannot afford anything more as a viable option. Also, look at a massive game like Fifa, for anyone who plays that they will agree that massive online multiplayer games always have terrible support systems, even when it is a multi-million pound industry.

About the thread. I imagine it will have been for the way you were saying things or the kind of post the was being received as a reply that got the infractions etc. SM don't mind peoples criticism. Hell, if they did this thread would be closed a long time ago.

SM is good value I agree' date=' but not everybody is Mr Moneybags like you, can throw hundreds round gambling and brag about it etc. The majority of the people on here are kids who dont have much money, just because we are adults with a proper wage etc most members wont have that luxury, Im not personally complaining about price at all I think its good value but to many others who are kids, unemployed eyc it is a lot of money and a proper support system would add so much more to the game than flooding the database for example with players from random obscure countries, but thats my opinion.[/quote']

Brag about it? Can you just confirm that was a dig so that I can take it personally and reply personally in turn. Kids with access to the internet, who have had laptops bought for them, and can afford to reserve in every GC etc. Maybe £50 would be a bit steep for them, which is what I reckon it would cost to justify a better support system.

Finally it is a fairly big allegation to suggest Ste wears women knickers' date=' now I dont have any problem with it, free country can do what you like bit disturbing youhave obviously been sitting around thinking about it though....whatever floats your boat and all that Tom.....:P:p

I think the most shocking suggestion is that people watch Channel 5....who are these people?? Surely it cant be true!! Please no!![/quote']

Presumed you must be talking about something a little more scandalous that SM (the GAME!!!), and that seemed the most likely.

but the service that some long-standing members of the community have received is appalling. I'm not moaning that I should be paying less at all' date=' I just want some better service like there was about a year ago. SM's growing in a big way but it's clear that the company haven't acted upon this with automated responses to tickets rather than talking to someone and the servers not being able to cope on match-days.

Yeah. Full ECs/customs > GCs :o[/quote']

No that's wrong. The support has always been dire. The servers have never coped. Yet everyone comes back for more. In an ideal world, but it's not is it!

We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons. Therefore with now not being able to verify what was said in deals it becomes impossible for us to 'police' this area and people will have to do 'multi-part' deals with either people they trust or take a risk.

I don't mean to sound rude, but why couldn't you have posted this on the SM home page news feed in the first place?

GC148 Valencia

After missing out on guillerme ochoa i thought i had no chance of getting a decent keeper given how awfull valencia's keepers are but i was wrong i offered cesar and 9m for leandro victor the gremio manager countered cesar and jonas accepted happy days i now have a decent keeper.

christian gimenez also joins from cruz azul for 7.5m

GC117: Triestina complete the signing of Slovakian midfielder Juraj Kucka from Sparta Praha on a deal believed to be in the region of £1,400,000 plus Roberto D'aversa.

Delighted with that. Have a decent shortlist for next season, but would need a serious cash injection to afford them all :P

The final issue which has caused some issues is the changing of the code of conduct' date=' specifically not dealing with people who have not followed through on 'multi-part' deals via PM.

We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons. Therefore with now not being able to verify what was said in deals it becomes impossible for us to 'police' this area and people will have to do 'multi-part' deals with either people they trust or take a risk.[/quote']

Firstly, thanks for actually bothering to come on here and give some kind of explanation. I'd just like to say, with regards to this part I have quoted, basically people can just agree to a two-part deal, get the player they want then not follow through with the deal, well that is totally wrong and means more cheats (or unethical) players will start to appear. Before you'd look at PM's etc and see what was agreed in the deals. I reported a "multi-part" deal that stuck to after the first part went through and you reversed the original deal for me. However, this was only a couple of months, so what has changed? Why can't you do it anymore? :confused:

All tickets are responded to within 48 hours' date=' all major bugs dealt with immediately, all other problems quickly and we continue to improve the game based on suggestions sent to us and posts put in the forum. Although SM has grown in size we still read and interact regularly on the forum.[/quote']

I still have a bug ticket ''monitoring'' since 16th of January. How is it quickly?

The final issue which has caused some issues is the changing of the code of conduct' date=' specifically not dealing with people who have not followed through on 'multi-part' deals via PM.

We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons. Therefore with now not being able to verify what was said in deals it becomes impossible for us to 'police' this area and people will have to do 'multi-part' deals with either people they trust or take a risk.[/quote']

As someone suggested here, why we not have an option in Construct Deal to do Multi Part deals? All this problems would probably end..

reported a bug on the 2nd of december and got this replay

a member of the development team as been assigned to this bug

send two other tickets last one was 7th jan and still nothing got done the ticket is still open not updated or nothing i would not call that service

Hunty - As I have previously said things have recently changed and we can no longer view any Private Messages (for privacy reasons) unless the user has reported them. This is in internal policy decision by SM for legal reasons.

Gizb, cammy666 - Without ticket numbers I cannot comment on these individual cases. However sometimes bug tickets are put in monitoring for a number or reasons, we are waiting for a specific event (fixture, transfer, Player AI) to occur to see if the problem is now fixed, more information, or a slot in our development time to allow for one of our developers to work on the specific issue.

To keep this thread on topic I will not reply further in this thread, but am happy to continue responding if someone wants to in a new thread about the issues raised.

Before you'd look at PM's etc and see what was agreed in the deals. I reported a "multi-part" deal that stuck to after the first part went through and you reversed the original deal for me. However' date=' this was only a couple of months, so what has changed? Why can't you do it anymore? :confused:[/quote']

If you look at the part you quoted you will see that this was already answered, "We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons."

Basically they are not allowed to look at people's private messages unless the messages have been reported for offensive reasons.

If you look at the part you quoted you will see that this was already answered' date=' "We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons."

Basically they are not allowed to look at people's [u']private messages[/u] unless the messages have been reported for offensive reasons.

so if you have a 2 part deal that doesnt go through send a ticket and then report the manager for abusive messsages and sm can look at the messages that have been exchanged :rolleyes:

John the ticket number is 1291319354)

on the 7th I did ask for an update i got nothing I do understand the team are improving things all the time in the game but I never even got a reply thats yes or no would have done as it stands I lost out on the matter anyway thanks for getting back to me today

so if you have a 2 part deal that doesnt go through send a ticket and then report the manager for abusive messsages and sm can look at the messages that have been exchanged :rolleyes:

You could try that, but unless you want action taken against yourself then i wouldn't advise it ;)

If you look at the part you quoted you will see that this was already answered' date=' "We have had to do this for legal reasons as we now have no way (correctly so) of verifying what was said in PMs unless someone reports them for offensive reasons."

Basically they are not allowed to look at people's [u']private messages[/u] unless the messages have been reported for offensive reasons.

I understand that, but if I give my permission to look at my private messages to report a multi-part deal that has gone wrong then surely that is okay? It's their company, they own it and run it so surely they can look at whatever they want.

To stop all this surely you can just introduce something so we can construct multi-part deals when actually making bids for players. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on this, I think it'd be a very good improvement to the game.

To stop all this surely you can just introduce something so we can construct multi-part deals when actually making bids for players. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on this' date=' I think it'd be a very good improvement to the game.[/quote']

i agree that since sm can no longer police deals the way they used to that this is the only logical option either that or multi part deals become dead killing an already slow transfer market

I understand that' date=' but if I give my permission to look at [u']my private messages[/u] to report a multi-part deal that has gone wrong then surely that is okay? It's their company, they own it and run it so surely they can look at whatever they want.

If you have been sending yourself private messages then yes that is fine...but presumably there is another party involved, and without their consent then legally SM have no right to look at the messages ;)

Gizb' date=' cammy666 - Without ticket numbers I cannot comment on these individual cases. However sometimes bug tickets are put in monitoring for a number or reasons, we are waiting for a specific event (fixture, transfer, Player AI) to occur to see if the problem is now fixed, more information, or a slot in our development time to allow for one of our developers to work on the specific issue.

[/quote']

The ticket number is 1295181266.

If anyone is in GC 23, I can offer/swap Zhirkov for a decent CM/DM 90 rated or can offer other few players.. doesn't need to be a world beater.. if anyone is interested contact me..

Hamburger SV have made an offer to Atlético Madrid for Silva CIRO of £4,190,000

The offer for Silva CIRO has been withdrawn by Hamburger SV

The offer for Silva CIRO has been withdrawn by Hamburger SV

Had that 33 times...idiot. Luckily it only takes me a few clicks to get rid of them all.

I understand that' date=' but if I give my permission to look at [u']my private messages[/u] to report a multi-part deal that has gone wrong then surely that is okay? It's their company, they own it and run it so surely they can look at whatever they want.

To stop all this surely you can just introduce something so we can construct multi-part deals when actually making bids for players. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on this, I think it'd be a very good improvement to the game.

First off, thanks John for replying to the grievences we have had over the last few days. I the more transparancy that is show from your good selves the better it will be for everybody.

We all love the game, and play it with minimum fuss most of the time, but an announcement should of been made to tell us about not able to read PM's (which is fair enough) and the we should abstain from doing 2 part deals.

Was there a thread set up as suggested by John in an earlier post ?