Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC 130 Seattle Sounders - Won 5-2 to maintain my push for the title, only negative was Toivonen is out for 7 weeks with a nasty injury!!! :mad:

GC 147 Viking FK - Won 3-1, with Ingelsten coming off the bench to score a brace to win the game - this keeps up my charge on the SMFA Cup places with 3rd to 5th only separated by a couple of points!!

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Another decent night :) Was maybe expecting more defeats as I've recently taken on clubs in the old GC's but they performed ok overall.

Tonights Results

P27 W18 D7 L2 F55 A20 GD+35

Had some good wins but the result I'm most pleased about was in GC100 with Toulouse. We beat umanaged Sochaux 4-0 to keep us in the race for a SMFA Champions Cup place. The victory moved us up to 3rd with 5 games remaining. We've even got a slim chance for the title now with league leaders Lille losing 1-0 against PSG. The gap has now closed to just 6 points. I thinks it's going to be an exciting race.

I was also pleased with Zenit getting a point in GC104 against 2nd placed CSKA Moskva as the result keeps us 9 points clear at the top with 7 games left.

The most dissappointing result of the night came with Panathinaikos in GC67. We've had a slow start to the season when considering the quality of our squad compared to the other teams in the league. Tonight we had a chance to kick start our season by beating top of the table Anorthosis but we could only manage a 1-1 draw.

Decent night, few disappointing results but the majority of my favourite teams won :D So i cant complain. Favourite results :D

GC19: Bournemouth bounce back from their first defeat in 10 league games, to beat Middlesbrough 3-1. Bournemouth move up to 6th in what is a ridiculous close league again. For any hope of SMFA cup qualification id have to certainly win all my games and hope for some results to go my way. Happy with how my team is performing recently, if i take this form into next season should sneak a top four finish. :eek:

GC129: Athletic Club bring 3 points back to basque country with a narrow 3-2 victory over Osasuna. Star player and top goal scorer Fernando llorente grabbed two goals to make it 26 league games, 28 goals, 3 assists, 10 MoM's and a average rating of 8.50. Unfortunately current champions Real Madrid won, meaning with 11 games to go, Athletic Club are top by one point.

GC16: Barcelona beat Zaragoza 1-0 making it 11 league victories out of 11 games. Safe to say im top ! If only my SMFA cup form was decent :rolleyes:

GC10: Lyon, after a disappointing start to the season, Lyon go top of the league after a narrow 1-0 win over St.Etienne, the goal courtesy of Schweinsteiger.

GC9: CSKA go 14 points clear with 5 games remaining. Tonight CSKA beat Spartak Nalchik 6-0.

GC148: Dortmund beat Hannover 4-2 to go 7 points clear after 13 games.

GC119: FC Porto open the season with a fantastic 5-1 demolition of Benfica. The only real challenger over the last 2 seasons :D

Dissapointing results included:

GC8: Bayern drew on the opening day of the season, after losing the charity shield :(

GC40: Manchester United drew on the opening day of the season again after losing the charity shield final :(

GC85: Falkirk continue their shocking league form with another draw.

Guest Leddy

Just took Borussia Dortmund in GC58 everyone can go that is not a original member of the Dortmund squad.

Some people who can go - Dzeko, KP Boateng, Charles N' Zogbia, Bonera, Meireles (When TB is up) Bafetimbi Gomis, Demba Ba and many more, would like to offer them for original members or get them for the original members.

GC 145

Hard enough to do deals on my best players as it is, now I have a muppet (Manages Atletico Madrid) posting newspaper articles calling me "deluded" mainly as i rejected De Jong and Adebayor for Torres :rolleyes: Problem is that it's putting people off bidding on my players :mad:

When kids lose their toys aye :rolleyes:

Made an inquiry in GC28 for Lionel Messi and this is the message I received back

You have to sell me half of your team to get Leo

Vidic, Terry, Ozil, Benzema, Mata, Di Maria, Lahm, Mascherano = Messi + some other players of my team*

Only the above offer can make me sell Messi. But I know it is impossible, therefore I do not consider selling him.

Take care.

*Nobody else really of any class, best would be Mertesacker.

He doesn't want much at all then.

Made an inquiry in GC28 for Lionel Messi and this is the message I received back

*Nobody else really of any class' date=' best would be Mertesacker.

He doesn't want much at all then.[/quote']

Snap his hand off mate! That is a great deal for you :P

Messi is better than all those put together then x10!

Had a big game tonight which I completely forgot about, luckily nothing needed changed from the previous game.

GC95 Bayern Munich - Bayern progress to the Final of the SMFA Cup after a 3-2 win over AC Milan in the semi final. Fridays final see's us take on French side Bordeaux who despite losing 4-0 tonight went though on away goals.

Bayern are going for the Quad having already won the League, Charity Shield and Domestic Shield.

GC 121: Benfica win the Portuguese Cup after thrashing Naval 4-0. So far this season we have won the SMFA Super Cup' date=' Charity Shield, League and now the Cup :)

Oh and we have the small matter of the SMFA Cup final on Friday[/font']

Lost the SMFA Cup final 4-2...to Olympiakos :eek: Mario Gomez and Pjanic grabbed our goals. Think the Olympiakos manager as some kind of genius, they won it in season 1 as well :eek: One of the best achievements i've seen so well done to their manager :)

Starting to rebuild now for next season...

Javi MARTÍNEZ has completed his move to Benfica from River Plate for £5,000,000 plus Mario BOLATTI and Jeremain LENS

Looking to bring in more new players and everyone bar Di Maria, Luiz and Coentrao are available to use as p/e.

Won 4 out of the 5 games I had tonight.. Udinese in GC119 unfortunately lost 2-1 to Pachuca in the first leg of SMFA Shield round 1, so still got a chance to pull it back.

GC34: Barcelona win 6-1 tonight to progress through to the next round of the Shield. Alex bagged a hat-trick, the other goals came from Boussoufa (2) and Luis Fabiano. Salamanca await in the quater-finals.

GC99: Benfica reach the Portuguese Cup semi's after a 3-1 win tonight. Goals came from Lucas Barrios (2) and Ramires. Braga are our opponents for the semi-final. Porto v Sporting CP in the other semi-final so hopefully Sporting beat Porto. Barrios now has 35 goals in 35 games in all competitions this season. :eek:

GC105: Barcelona beat Villarreal 3-2 tonight thanks to goals from Messi, Torres and Fabregas. That was strangely our first came in 7 days so everyone was well rested. We face Mallorca in the next round. Everything is going good in this season, 10 points clear at the top of the table, won the Spanish Shield and still in the Spanish Cup! :)

GC109: Napoli beat Internacional 3-1 tonight thanks to goals from Datolo (2) and Necid, which meant we finished top of our group in the SMFA Cup, we now face German side Bayer Levekusen in the first knock-out round. Very pleased we dominated the group in our debut season in Europe's biggest stage!

GC 71: Ajax 3 - 3 Dundee: Decent result in the first leg of the shield semi final. A double from Hubschmann and a strike from Aduriz cancelled out goals from Suarez and a double from Lens. 2nd leg is a month away so can concentrate on the league now and hopefully add that to our trophy haul :)

Guest Leddy

GC34 - Villarreal progress to the quarter-finals of the Spainish shield after beating Ken's Real 1-0, goal from Senna.

2 loses out of 6 :)

Sporting De Braga - GC 76

Braga march on into the quarters of the SMFA shield after a thumping 6-1 win over Werder Bremen. The game was beautifully poised for the 2nd leg after the first leg ended 1-1 with Braga getting the away goal.

Goals from Osorio Alan, Meyong, Montero, Viana x2 and ermm...... PAPASTATHOPOULOS (copy and paste :P) see me through to the quarters where i'll face a tasty looking Juventus.

Bayern Munich - GC3

Bayern open there SMFA champions cup campaign with a 2-0 win over Manchester City thanks too goals from Pareja and Darren gibson.

GC 145: Inter

Got a chairty shield match tonight against Sampdoria, will be playing the B team though as I have the Super Cup on Thurs, and I'm yet to win that, so will go all out against Man City for Thursday's game.

Still have Torres, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Ferdinand and Kaka all available for the right offer.

Palermo made offer for Affellay - 25.000 000

and he thinks i ll accept' date='...............................he made first stupid offer and he is nervous cause stupid counter offer :confused: what did he expecting.........to kiss him?[/quote']

Interestingly today just a week on after being insulted by this offer....

He then sells him to Abdel's lanus for 27M...

find it hillarious/slightly hypocritical can come on here writing how inulting the offer of 25m is then sell for 27m....That 2m must make on all the difference :rolleyes:

Just joined GC69 as Arsenal... looking to get some deals done' date=' to put my stamp on the team if anyones interested. Even you and your Chelsea Ray...being a country mile ahead of the rest of the prem! :D[/quote']

Hey Ive won the League every year, two SMFA Cups in a row and all but in the final this year as well (6-1 leg from 1st leg)

You are playing for second mate.....my most successful team by a country mile in terms of trophies ;):)

Hey Ive won the League every year' date=' two SMFA Cups in a row and all but in the final this year as well (6-1 leg from 1st leg)

You are playing for second mate.....my most successful team by a country mile in terms of trophies ;):)[/quote']

93 points with a game to go is no mean feat. I've not seen anyone win the English league with that many points since I've been on here, so congrats.

The Arsenal I've picked up is very much the originals, so I'm made up. Looking forward to getting stuck in!:D