Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC 71: Dundee edge closer to the SPL title with a 2-1 win over rivals United. Shaun Wright Phillips gave them an early lead but Gattuso and Aduriz replied to move us now 11 points clear of Celtic with only 4 games to go. Can still win the Scottish Cup and SMFA Shield, and along with the earlier won Scottish Shield this could turn out to be a very successful season for us!

I would like to share with all' date=' what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in [b']GC 124[/b] with my Bradford City, as I ended the Div4 season with 38 league wins.. don't think someone has done it before..

Congrats, thats fantastic :) Something i never expected to be done on here irregardless of the competition so well done!

Don't think anyone's done the sextuple yet?

I'd be very surprised if thats never been done before!

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

I would like to share with all' date=' what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in [b']GC 124[/b] with my Bradford City, as I ended the Div4 season with 38 league wins.. don't think someone has done it before..

Nice one buddy!!!! I dont think I have ever seen that before.

PS - Sorry about last night's game;)

Time to cut some teams down as recently i havent been doing tactics for some of my teams some of which im very attached to so want to try cut around 10 off my current 24 which should be managable for now.. apoligies for anyone who ive recently joined into the setup but this needs to be done and if i cant bring myself to get rid of my older teams then the teams ive recently joined have to sadly take their place.. ive also unsubscribed to the GC teams available thread which i tend to spot a team and just take over which has lead to my overload off teams so keep an eye out for them which i will edit into this post once ive quitted them

:)

GC133 - Club America, apoligies for Kazzer for this one feel ashamed let me put it like that

GC 61 - Borussia Dortmund

GC 55 - Bordeaux

GC 48 - Lorient

GC96 - I post in the newspaper that Wrexham are looking for a marquee player .... willing to give any combination of Defour, Witsel, Ayew, Guardado, Wesley, Lens etc in exchange for one.

And what happens?

VfB Stuttgart have made an offer to Wrexham for André AYEW of £2,000,000 plus Joseba LLORENTE and Moura KERLON

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No wonder this game is losing interest.

GC95 Valencia- Won Spanish leauge last season and this season get a good start by wining the charity shield.

And now Smfa world cup trophy :)

GC36 Arsenal- Gunners have completed the sigining of G.Rossi from villareal for bendtner and valbuena. Always wanted a decent striker to pair up with mata/Defoe.

GC99 - Notts County

After winning division 3 last week, we now face the english cup semi final, after knocking arsenal out in the previous round.

I am currently looking for a CM/DM for loan for tonights game.(must not be english cup tied)

And thanks to Rico Suave(Barca), loaned me a few players over the course of the season, and most recently Morais Welliton + Erik Pieters. Been a massive help :P

If anyone has that CM or DM and can loan him out for the semi final and maybe the final let me know through PM,VM in game or forum. Preferably 87+ :)

GC13 Stevenage - Axel Witsel joins from unmanaged Hamburg for a fee of 19 Million. I had plenty of cash adn Axel will go straight into the starting 11 squad, so happy with that deal:)

First team is the following;

-------------Roberto-------------

Abate--Bonucci--Pareja--Hubocan-

Ayew--Witsel--Giovinco--G. Castro

--------Caicedo----Gekas--------

As you can see I need a new LM/Winger and two new strikers. I have plenty of players to offer, like Parshivlyuk, Chico, Arnautovic, Conca, Oliseh, Birsa, Duff, Gurpegi, Schmeidebach etc for an 88+ Winger or striker. If anyone is looking to deal please PM me:)

Dimitri PAYET has completed his move to Bradford City from AS Saint-Etienne for £11,870,000

The highest fee I paid for a player.. :o still have the cash to buy other equal..

lineupm.jpg

Average rating of 88,45.. in Portugal it's 89 and not 88.. :o

Wow that's great. It probably won't happen again for a long time' date=' if at all.

What's quite frightening is that you scored almost 200 goals and concdeded less than a goal per game, on average. Although I am guessing your side is one of the strongest in that division? Otherwise the match engine has been very kind to you.

But credit where credit's due, that's a superb achievement. :)

[/quote']

Sorry to not answer earlier, but I was expecting the previous deal to get completed before answer to this.

The season only ended with another managed team in my Division but had other 4 in a long period but they quit.. Now I have seven 89 rated players in a Div4 team(now Div3), did you already seen a thing similar? Obviously, my team was too good in the end of the season, but in the start was better, but not by this difference. You probably know that match engine have a few surprises to you.. but fortunately it not happened.. :)

Just more two images..

The player with best stats..

cisse.jpg

Players to watch in the team..

ptwdh.jpg

Thanks all for the comments! :)

GC49 - Sevilla

A couple of deals that have just been agreed upon this afternoon at Sevilla. First of all, Alvaro Pereira is set to join the Spanish side in a straight swap with Michel Bastos, who shall be joining up with Hamburger SV. A bit pricey, but out-and-out left-backs over the rating of 89 have been nigh-on impossible to get a hold of in this set-up in the past 18 months. No doubt Benoit Assou-Ekotto will now rise to 90 in the next review now that I have this need sorted! Nevertheless, it's a deal I'm pleased with and I can now focus on other positions...

...But one of those positions shall no longer be centre-back having agreed a deal to sign Raul Albiol from Arsenal. The Spanish defender shall be moving back to his native country in another hefty deal worth £4m, Alvaro Arbeloa and Rodrigo Alex. Expensive, but I'm confident that I'll be able to use Albiol as trade bait for an even better defender once his TB expires...

Here's how my first XI now shapes up:

Valdes 92

Ivanovic 92 - Albiol 92 - Silva 92 - Pereira 90

Busquets 93 - Modric 92

Lisandro 92 - Hamsik 91 - Nani 92

Benzema 93

Next aim is to get an out-and-out winger instead of playing Lisandro out wide, but I can't see a deal immediately having exhausted that avenue in recent months. Either way, I'm perfectly fine with Lisandro doing a job there for the time being...

GC100 - Barcelona

Barcelona's activity in the transfer market has been high to say the least in recent weeks, and they've made another move today. Following the recent arrivals of Vieira Marcelo, Aleksandr Kerzhakov and Luis Nani, Nigel De Jong is the latest man to join the ranks of the Catalan club having completed a move from Manchester City. £3m, Alou Diarra and Mendes Elias were sent to England in exchange, and while I was reluctant to let Elias move, his level three concern was something I failed to see going away anytime soon. De Jong's arrival helps improve the quality of my second XI no end, what with Diarra being an imminent dropper in my personal opinion...

Here is that second XI after this latest arrival:

Cesar 95

Azpilicueta 89 - Munoz 87 - Kompany 91 - Marcelo 91

Gago 89 - De Jong 91

Nani 92 - Xavier 89 - Cesar 87

Kerzhakov 90

Players in bold are ones that I shall be looking to improve upon in the near future, while the players in italics are ones that I am happy with for the time being but may need an upgrade as time progresses...

Chelsea complete League and SMFA Cup double for third season running

Chelsea in GC 69 complete the quadruple by beating Premier league challengers Arsenal in the SMFA cup final for the second season running this time a lot more clear cut in a 3-1 victory.

Chelsea have now won the SMFA Cup and League for the past three seasons and have a total of 12 major trophies in four seasons sice creation.

I doubt anybody has won the League/ SMFA Cup double 3x in a row so happy to create my own piece of history, and guess what all this success has been helped by some golden oldies in Lampard,Carvalho etc (shock horror players over 28 who play well :P;) )

Congrats on the win Ray. Thoroughly deserved, and truly one supremely successful Chelsea you have there.

looking forward to getting stuck into this game world in the new season and hopefully putting a challenge in against your side.

Congrats on the win Ray. Thoroughly deserved' date=' and truly one supremely successful Chelsea you have there.

looking forward to getting stuck into this game world in the new season and hopefully putting a challenge in against your side.[/quote']

Cheers mate

Im sure come next season I can look forward to a much tougher time at the Premier League summit, wernt to happy when you took over Arsenal as I knew the final would be a lot harder but got lucky fortunatley

Good luck next season :)

Ooops forgot to do tactics, luckily I only had 2 games..

GC119: Udinese beat Pachuca 2-0 tonight meaning we go through to the next round of the SMFA Shield 3-2 on aggregate. Goals from Elia and Alexis Sanchez tonight were enough to see us through.

GC99: Benfica lost 2-1 to Braga in the Portuguese Cup semi's meaning we just have to settle for the league triumph this season and we couldn't match the treble of last season. Braga were unmanaged too and we had our strongest side out. :rolleyes:

Anyway, looking for deals in all my sides to freshen things up.. soon as the season finishes in GC105 (Barca) and GC125 (Lazio) both will be quit, leaving me with my most prized possessions Barcelona (GC34), Benfica (GC99), Napoli (GC109) and Udinese (GC119).

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2268

More comings and goings at St Johnstone. Delighted to announce that the new arrivals are :

STJOHNSTONEALMEIDA.jpg

Hugo Almeida joins from Besiktas for £9.1m - the Portuguese international striker is a level above what we have at the minute so delighted to sign him for a little over CV. He will form a new strike partnership at the club with ....

STJOHNSTONECACAU.jpg

Jeronimo Cacau - another great signing for the club. The 89 rated forward arrives from Lazio for £9.2m. Also arriving from Lazio is ....

STJOHNSTONERADU.jpg

Stefan Radu - the 24 year old defender for £12.5m and replaces Jonny Magallon who left for Ajax for the same fee a few days earlier, and has today dropped a rating to 87. Unlucky the Ajax manager but turns out a great bit of business for me.

Helping to fund these deals were the sales of Paul Robinson (£7m), Magallon (12.5m) and De Camargo (£5.5m). De Camargo had done well for us with 26 goals in 41 appearances over a season and a half but his recent drop in rating and the chance to replace with Almeida/Cacau swung the decision.

First team squad now looks like this....

STJOHNSTONE.jpg

Chelsea complete League and SMFA Cup double for third season running

Chelsea in GC 69 complete the quadruple by beating Premier league challengers Arsenal in the SMFA cup final for the second season running this time a lot more clear cut in a 3-1 victory.

Chelsea have now won the SMFA Cup and League for the past three seasons and have a total of 12 major trophies in four seasons sice creation.

I doubt anybody has won the League/ SMFA Cup double 3x in a row so happy to create my own piece of history' date=' and guess what all this success has been helped by some golden oldies in Lampard,Carvalho etc (shock horror players over 28 who play well :P;) )[/quote']

Pretty impressive Ray! Could have matched you with that feat in GC100 this season, but failed to win the SMFA Cup for a third season running, picking up the league only. I think the reason I failed is because of all my golden oldies - Puyol, Cambiasso, Xavi, Cole.....they must be all past it now!!

Pretty impressive Ray! Could have matched you with that feat in GC100 this season' date=' but failed to win the SMFA Cup for a third season running, picking up the league only. I think the reason I failed is because of all my golden oldies - Puyol, Cambiasso, Xavi, Cole.....they must be all past it now!![/quote']

Cheers Andy

Yeh not a bad achievement LOL

I agree the reason you must have failed was Xavi,Puyol etc I mean who wants a 97/96 rated player when you could have an 87rated 18yr old player ;)

Bremen have got some obscure youth if looking to sell I mean with potentially only around another 10-15 SM seasons in them it must be time to start panic selling :rolleyes:

I saw one guy on the helping with deals thread bragging about how he sold Xavi for 40m+ Arda Turan and how happy he was as Xavi is getting old and past it....if that dont sum up how SM has gone I dont know what will :rolleyes:

Have a little moan sorry :o

Ever since day 1 of GC 145, I have attempted to bring Ganso and Neymar to my Inter.

Here's the problem. Each and every guy who has taken over this Santos does not bother to reply to any P.Ms.

I've proposed deals like the both of them for Sneijder, and ever since Torres has lost his TB I've even offered him in a deal for them.

But no response which really irritates me, as it kind of takes away the human interaction of the game :rolleyes:

Fair enough if the manager/s do not want to sell the pair, and inform me in a reply to one of my P.Ms then fair enough. But it's just the ignorance of not replying.

Mini Rant Over:)

You was happy to sell Sneijder for Neymar and Ganso... wow.

Dunno if that was sarcasm at my situation or the fact I'm willing to over pay for the pair. (Never been good at picking up on sarcasm on here)

If it's the latter, then well i rate them highly, and in this day an age of the game, the majority of deals and values are done on hype, which is some ways is understnadable, but people tend to over do it, hence by offer.