Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC33 - Rotherham United

Following their promotion to the promised land Rotherham complete the signings of Alexander Milosevic, Niklas Hult and Aleksey Ionov for a combined £4.6m. Expect Ionov to rise to 86/87, while the other two are expected to hit 82/83.

GC61 - Arsenal

Lost 2-1 to Chelsea on Wednesday night, result that put us down to fifth place. But managed to pick up free agent Chris Löwe and Kolbeinn Sigthorsson (finally!!) for a combined £5.3m.

GC74 - Tottenham Hotspur

Peter Crouch leaves for Monaco with Lukasz Piszczek and £1.5m heading to Spurs. Second half of the deal will see Vedran Corluka leave Spurs for £4.8m plus highly rated Liverpool left-back Jack Robinson and Belgium midfielder Maarten Martens. Really like this team, brought in Amalfitano, Barton, Doubai aswell as the three new faces.

GC10 - Club América

Federico Fazio completes his move to Club América for £10million. Closely followed by João Miranda who'll join in a deal which will see Ibiševic and Papa Gueye join FC Schalke 04. Still got plenty of players for sale, looking to offer 2/3 for 1 now.

GC49 - Hoffenheim

Johan Djourou leaves for £2m, Roman Weidenfeller and Park Chu-Young. Thierry Doubai joined in a straight exchange for Dornellas Fabrício, while Alex Pena and Neeskens Kebano joined for £1.2m. :D

Tom Starke, Jose Corona, Carlos Eduardo, Victor Giuliano, Chinedu Obasi and Vedad Ibisevic are available to leave, let me know if you have an interest. Looking to offer two for one.

GC98 - Real Madrid managed to play 2 competitive games on Monday night at the same time; SMFA Cup game and the Spanish Cup first round. I picked the side for the SMFA Cup game, which I won, but some of the players I picked played in the Spanish Cup game instead and a number of players played in both games at the same time. As a result fitness dropped from 100% to about 40%-50%.

I sent a ticket on Monday night with a view to getting fitness amended before Weds league game, but surprise surprise nothing has happened. Just got an automated response saying my issue has been logged. So weds game was a 2nd string team.

Its now Friday and still no response or help received.

Don't ya just love the ticketing system. One of the GC benefits reads 'Support Tickets Answered First'. If and when they ever get round to reading my ticket and actually doing something about it, my players would have been rested for almost a week and I guess my 2nd or even 3rd team will have to play tomorrow's league game.

:rolleyes:

GC99: Benfica beat Bienfait Star's Real Madrid 4-0 tonight and 9-1 overall on aggregate. Barrios (2), Coentrao and Renato Augusto got the goals for us tonight. Whaaaay! Didn't expect it to be that comfortable and easy ;):P

Celtic await in the quater-finals!

GC18 Bayern Munich - Trailing 2-1 from the First Leg tonight Bayern München beat Juventus 3 - 1 in their SMFA Champions Cup Round 1 Leg 2 fixture.

Niang scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pizarro was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Bayern München went through 4 - 3 on aggregate.

GC114 - Real Madrid

Now that the season has finished' date=' Real are looking to be active in the transfer market in preparation for the new campaign. Three deals have been completed in the past 24 hours, the first of which saw the arrival of [b']Mario Gomez [/b]from Atletico Madrid. The German international striker crossed the city in exchange for Brazilian forward Givanildo Hulk and Spanish full-back Alvaro Arbeloa. Kevin-Prince Boateng was the next addition to the ranks, arriving from English Division Four champions Bradford City. The Yorkshire side boosted their depth with the acquisitions of Yevhen Khacheridi and James McCarthy. Finally, Jeremy Toulalan was the last signing, moving from Italian giants AC Milan. The deal was an all-French affair as Maxime Gonalons and Andre-Pierre Gignac moved to Italy in exchange.

Very happy with these deals, although I am worried about Toulalan's status following his move to ambitious Malaga, naturally. Still, I can't see him dropping below 91 next time around which will make him a superb back-up either way. Still looking to deal and almost everyone is available, so don't hesitate in getting in touch if somebody takes your fancy.

(Although there seems to be very few forumers in this set-up...)

GC114 - Real Madrid

Since this last post, Real Madrid have made a few more transfers in preparation for the new season which begins this evening. The first and most notable deal was one that saw Mesut Ozil join the club in a blockbuster trade with Juventus. Joining the Old Lady in exchange was Vincent Kompany and Daniele De Rossi. I realise I've overpaid spectacularly here but a good AM was a must for this season and they appear to come at a premium in this set-up. Gutted to lose Kompany as I rate him really highly, but I'm delighted to have Ozil on board.

Other transfers have involved players that will arrive in Madrid as a back-up and/or one for the future. Andre Ayew came in from Marseille in a straight swap with Nicolas Anelka, a player who I've never liked and one who I believe his best days are well behind him. Recent Brazilian riser Luiz Danilo came in for unwanted/unneeded duo Barreto Ibson and Souza Andre, while another young right-back is set to follow. Spanish 20-year-old Mario Gaspar is currently having his medical at the Bernabeu having agreed to join Los Blancos in a deal worth Avraam Papadopoulos and Henrique Walter to Villarreal B.

1st/2nd XIs:

Casillas 95

Ramos 94 - Nesta 94 - Chiellini 94 - Cole 94

Lichtsteiner 89 - Mangane 89 - Toulalan 92 - Felipe 89

Alonso 94 - Essien 95

Gustavo 89 - Moutinho 91

Nani 92 - Ozil 94 - Robben 94

Ayew 89 - Boateng 89 - Mata 91

Gomez 93

Berbatov 93

Not the best Madrid by any stretch of the imagination after one or two deals I made a while back which I regret somewhat (the sale of Ronaldo, mainly, who I actually agreed to re-sign recently only for the SMFA to block the transfer...). Got a cracking youth squad though and I've hopefully got a deal sorted to bring in Boriello as adequate cover for Gomez, with Berbatov on his way soon enough for two good squad players, fingers crossed. Haven't quite got a bid I like just yet though...

Oh, and Valencia were seen off on Tuesday in the Charity Shield Final. A goal each from Alessandro Nesta and, on his debut, Mario Gomez saw Real to a comfortable 2-0 win to start the season off in fine style.

I know it's completely random when the Gold championship come up, but can anyone give any advice on how long roughly gold championship 151 will be introduced?

feedback is appreciated :)

I know it's completely random when the Gold championship come up' date=' but can anyone give any advice on how long roughly gold championship 151 will be introduced?

feedback is appreciated :)[/quote']

You already said it's completely random, so how can anyhow know when it will be introduced.:confused:

You already said it's completely random' date=' so how can anyhow know when it will be introduced.:confused:[/quote']

Exactly, everything between 'right now in this very moment' and 'never ever again' is possible. Anything else is just a pure guess, and just because more people guess, it doesn't make the guesses right.

GC140 Santos - Willing to sell Neymar and Ganso if I can get a good deal for them. Also if I was to sell I would need a replacement in the deal. Also anyone selling any players for cash?

Neymar has now been sold for a massive deal, which will se me get Lukaku and Srna for him :D

Guest drseanfitz

GC107 - Pumas(my only gold side left) are looking to deal if anyone is interested

GC: 148 - Lost 3-1 to Wolves at the Molineux. Wolves are a stronger side on paper and im happy with the performance matching them in possession and shots on target. Benjani grabbed his 5th in 3 games. Next up Bristol City at Bramall Lane.

In transfer news brought in Cavalho Caleb, Lee Lucas, Arsen Khubulov, Kamal Ibrahim, and Tom Eastman for the youth team in exchange for a total of 2.6 Million pounds and Mattew Lowton.

Also got Baumjohann from Shalke on loan, unfortunately he suffered a minor injury in todays game vs Wolves. Expected to be out for one to two weeks.

Well SM still haven't sorted this issue, so had to use a make shift team of players who were fit. Proceeded to lose against an unmanaged team of players rated up to 83.

Thanks very much SM.

GC98 - Real Madrid managed to play 2 competitive games on Monday night at the same time; SMFA Cup game and the Spanish Cup first round. I picked the side for the SMFA Cup game' date=' which I won, but some of the players I picked played in the Spanish Cup game instead and a number of players played in both games at the same time. As a result fitness dropped from 100% to about 40%-50%.

I sent a ticket on Monday night with a view to getting fitness amended before Weds league game, but surprise surprise nothing has happened. Just got an automated response saying my issue has been logged. So weds game was a 2nd string team.

Its now Friday and still no response or help received.

Don't ya just love the ticketing system. One of the GC benefits reads '[i']Support Tickets Answered First'[/i]. If and when they ever get round to reading my ticket and actually doing something about it, my players would have been rested for almost a week and I guess my 2nd or even 3rd team will have to play tomorrow's league game.

:rolleyes:

No defeats, but a lot of draws.. some tasted like defeats like the one in GC 85.. For the 2nd season in row will lose the league in the last games.. Disappointed is the most kind word I found to say how I feel.. :mad:

GC 70, Aston Villa- Only got a point in a scoreless draw against Swindon Town..

GC 91, Rubin- Drew 3-3 against Dynamo Kyiv and see Shakthar reduce to just 1 point the difference to me..

GC 93, Liverpool- Defeated Spurs by 2-1 with goals from M'vila and other from Gervinho.. more comfortable in the 2nd place..

GC 71, Lazio- Another draw at 3.. this time at San Siro against Milan..

GC 66, Napoli- Hammered Siena by 5-0 and in the last game of the league, have to hope that Palermo drop points to earn a SMFA Cup place..

GC 23, Benfica- Another draw at nil.. this time against Porto.. see Belenenses reduce to 5 points the gap..

GC 41, Chelsea- lol >.< beat Fulham by 3-1.. Schweinsteiger scored the three goals.. from the penalty kick.. :o with 5 games to go, need a point to claim the league.

GC 111, FCPorto- In a result made in the first 15 minutes, beat Maritimo by 3-1 with goals from Meireles, Falcao and Hulk.

GC 124, Bradford City- Beat easily Milwall by 5-1.. Valero stills in great form! Scored more 3 goals tonight.. having now 10 in 4 games..

GC 131, Borussia Dortmund- Had a chance to recover points from VfL Osnabrück, but only got a draw at 1 with them. Goal from Gotze.

GC 85, Internazionale- Was winning by 2-0 untill the minute 82, when Fiorentina started to recover the disavantage.. they ended the game drawing by 2-2 and with that dropped to the 2nd place with 1 game to go.. this can be the 2nd season in row when I lose the league in the last games..

GC 103, Marseille- A round later, recovered the first place. For that much contributed my win against Troyes by 5-1 and the defeat of Lille by 1-0 against Caen..

GC 60, Rennes- Bent scored all the goals in a 3-1 win against Brest..

Guest scotchegg

anyone seen Chelsea in GC 149 - three games left' date=' they're bottom of prem by 7 points :eek:[/quote']

i've just won division 3 with southampton, so i'll look forward to going stamford bridge next season :D

GC 8: FC Porto have completed the signing of David Silva from Valencia in exchange for Theo Walcott and Miguel Veloso. Need some quality to achieve in Europe, and I didn't really liked Walcott (got him to use as a bargaining chip for future deals):)

GC 32: Just joined as Arsenal. A good goalkeeper is my main priority. If anyone has one safe one above 90 and is looking to deal, please contact me:)

GC 124, Bradford City- Just completed the signing of Marko Basa for £6,581,000. Had a bit of luck, as in the 3 teams that bid on him, I had the lowest bid.. but the team that had the highest offer didn't had the cash and the 2nd withdrew their bid.. ;) hope he can regain the 89 that he already had when was at Lokomotiv. He joins my 2nd team..

1st team:

Diego Lopez(91)

Abate(89) - Djorou(89) - Garay(89)

Amalfitano(89) - Janssen(89) - KPBoateng(89) - Payet(89)

Valero(90) - Martin(89)

Matri(89)

2nd team:

Diego Lopez(91)

Sapunaru(88) - Basa(87) - Papadopoulos(88) - Morel(88)

Lucas(87) - Eremenko(88) - Gonalons(88) - Tabanou(87)

Kucka(87)

Jonas(88)

Just picked up an impressive Galatasaray in GC95 if anyone is looking to do some deals, get in touch have a decent team and looking to add to the team with some quality.With no competition in Turkey should dominate :P

Won 5 out of my 5 games last night :) However, 2 were friendlies with both my Barcelona's get comfortable victories in GC's 34 and 105.

GC99: Benfica beat Leixoes with our second string 3-1. Bryan Ruiz (2) and Bonucci got the goals. Ruiz just cannot scoring whenever he plays. That's 16 goals in 13 games in the league this season (23 games in) and he's scored 2 in the shield. Last season got 24 in 24 from the wing. :eek:

Looking to do deals in this GC as I haven't in a while, although don't really need to as squad is set for a very long time. Just would be nice to get some stuff done to change it up a bit.

GC109: Napoli beat Lazio 2-0 thanks to goals from Honda and Quagliarella. We stay in 4th place in the league after 11 games.

GC119: Udinese get a 2-0 win over Bologna last night with the second/third team. Goals came from Marvin Martin and Yarmolenko. We're 4 points outside of the top 4 which we really want to finish in. 6 games left, but the main priority is the SMFA Shield semi-final second leg coming up and the Italian Cup quarter-final clash with Ray's Inter on Monday.

GC 36- Barcelona have just had a huge slice of luck. I didn't realise it was the second leg of the SMFA Cup semi finals tonight and so i went in with last night's team. Fortunately, we drew 2--2 meaning i progress on away goals. The good fortune doesn't stop there.As i've been resting players in the league as i've already won it, it was my intention to play a strong team for this game. If i'd realised it was tonight i would have had to have played a strong team, ahead of the Spanish Cup final tomorrow night. Due to my mistake, all my best players are fit and ready for tomorrow. HA!

GC36 Real Madrid - Madrid lose 1-0 to Palermo in the SMFA Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg, crashing out 2-0 on aggregate.

GC117 Chelsea - Chelsea beat Everton 3-0 in tonight's SMFA Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg match, winning 6-0 on aggregate and progressing to the Final where we will face Barcelona. Lost the SMFA Cup Final in season 1 to Barca so hoping for some revenge..