Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC117:

Season 1 - Play-Off Finalists

Season 2 - Play-Off Finalists

Season 3 - Play-Off Winners :D

Wahay' date=' about time :P To be honest, I was beginning to feel that this side just becomes useless when it matters. First two seasons, I lost in the Play-off final, so wasn't too confident going into tonights final. Even through out the league, I was in the automatic places for the majority of the season, challenging for top spot, when it comes to the final run in, we all of a sudden drop into the play-offs, despite having the strongest side in the division, and a superior goal difference. Of course, we did it the hard way as usual though. Two nil up, we concede two in the last 5 minutes, and win on penalties. Wouldn't expect anything less from this side :rolleyes::P Took a risk and tried a formation I've not used before in a 4-4-2 diamond. Ah well, finally there. Good competition with Dan (Torino) and Jinx (Lazio), so should be fun.[/quote']

Couldn't hack it in GC109 dude? ;)

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2262

Season 5 is developing well for Watford. After an initially slow start in the league, we now sit in 8th place within striking distance of the Champions League places on the back of a 10 game unbeaten run in the league incorporating wins over Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. Reyes and Iaquinta have 10 goals a piece as the Hornets have opened up and become more free-scoring in recent weeks and months.

A first English Shield for the club was won on penalties versus Man City after a 1-1 draw in normal time, revenge for a defeat to the same opposition in the final last season. SMFA Shield football is once again secured for next season.

In the SMFA Shield this year, we have beaten Celtic and Valenciennes so far in our pursuit to retain the trophy, a 2-2 draw @ Napoli in the first leg of our 3rd round tie puts us in a decent position to progress to the Quarters - but the Italians are not to be underestimated.

There has been a little movement on the transfer front recently, with Marcel Schmelzer departing for Benfica in exchange for Oscar Cardozo and Marco Motta and Muniz Liedson leaving the club in a £17m deal to Schalke.

The £17m received for Liedson has been re-invested in Stuttgarts RL new signing William Kvist (5.1m) to provide competition as well as a clutch of players who should offer decent returns if they can push on with their real-life seasons by further establishing themselves from their current lowish ratings. Romulo (Fiorentina IRL), Abdennour (Toulouse), Costil (Rennes), Boerrigter (Ajax), Classie & Ramsteijn (both Feyenoord), Kaiser (Hoffenheim), Sukhotskiy (Dinamo Kiev) and Ortega (Leverkusen) all arrive for the Liedson cash.

So .... all is good in the hood.

The first team squad .....

WATFORD-2.jpg

Guest Daragh

Couldn't hack it in GC109 dude? ;)

As much as you hear all the excuses posted on hear for quitting teams, I just don't have time for it anymore. Noticed the new lay-out a few days after it had actually been introduced, but only saw the new tactics page on Friday, when I was setting tactics for my Play-off semi final - good thing too, my membership was on 1 day. Pretty much tells you how much attention I've been paying to the game. Not to mention, I've got my leaving cert this year, so any spare time will be for the forum. Took them when I had time during the Summer, and really enjoyed the setup, but staying at one side and thats it.

GC119: Udinese beat Athletic Club 2-0 in the SMFA Shield Final tonight thanks to goals from Lucas Barrios and Alexis Sanchez! :D

Over the moon with winning the trophy as we lost this final in season one to Valencia, so good to have it in the cabinet. Got a fair amount of honours with this side just a shame they aren't in the league.... yet! :P

GC Honour 56.

GC113 Kettering

Transfer News:

LUIZ GUSTAVO 89 today leaves Kettering and moves on to Aston Villa.

Coming to Nene Park in exchange for gustavo is BAFETIMBI GOMIS 89 + OJNEN VUKOJEVIC 89.

Quite happy with this deal as it gives me some good depth and a potential 90+ striker if he keeps up his good start this season with Lyon.

Juventus 133 - After gaining busquets in a deal for buffon which was buffon = valdes and busquets , the much over rated star has been shipped off to the netherlands which will see star striker cavini and german international sami khedira joining up with french youngster Varane joining next week or so for cash.

Can't complain with the deal , striker was always needed at the club. Just chiellini left to sell

Gc 138 - nasri has been placed on the transfer list looking for 2 players.

GC113 Kettering

Kettering agree a deal with ( secret european club ) for the transfer of ( secret 91+ rated striker ) which will see MARVIN MARTIN, BONUCCI + JEREMY PIED moving to the (secret european clubs stadium) when all transfer bans are up.

Very happy with this deal;)

Guest Daragh

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been quite inactive in game, so I'm still finding new things with the new lay-out. Love the fact that you can search for concerned players now. Nice addition!

I am back:) took over Ajax in 61 Van der Wiel and few others can go,need winger fwds,dont need outcast players such as Quaresma,Rosicky,Denilson,etc,all bellow 87 can go for cash

It seems finally SMFA doesnt blocking everything,despite fact i got banned cause commenting SMFA i am happy cause i think it helped noticing and doing something about it

Marseille spoiled the night..

GC 70, Aston Villa- Hammered Norwich by 9-0! Toivonen scored 4 goals in a rare start as forward.. Will play Wolves in English Cup round 4..

GC 71, Lazio- Only managed a 2-2 in the first leg of SMFA Cup round 1 against Valencia. Will have a difficuilt trip to Mestalla.

GC 66, Napoli- Defeated Bordeaux by 2-0. Goals were scored by Turan and Brighi and with this away win I have a feet in the Shield round 2..

GC 23, Benfica- Beat easily Atletico Madrid by 3-0 and can go more safe to the 2nd leg.

GC 111, FCPorto- Won against a managerless Palermo by 3-0 to almost guarantee a place in the knock out stages of SMFA Cup.. need a point in the last 2 games..

GC 124, Bradford City- Comfortable win against the Div 1 side, Ipswich Town, by 5-1. In the quarter finals will play.. Arsenal..

GC 103, Marseille- Drew 1-1 against Bordeaux.. and was knocked out of the Cup as I lost 4-1 on penalties..

Well here we go again. 2 matches again at the same time tonight, one was the spanish cup 3rd round which im not that bothered about and also the SMFA CUP QF. Won both matches, but as before I now have a host of players that are completely knackered out as the fitness has been reduced by 2 games as most players are now at 30-40%.

What can I do? I already sent a ticket the first time this happened on 1st August but as expected I haven't heard anything. Chased for a response on 5th August, but still got ignored. just have to live with it I suppose.

GC98 - Real Madrid managed to play 2 competitive games on Monday night at the same time; SMFA Cup game and the Spanish Cup first round. I picked the side for the SMFA Cup game' date=' which I won, but some of the players I picked played in the Spanish Cup game instead and a number of players played in both games at the same time. As a result fitness dropped from 100% to about 40%-50%.

I sent a ticket on Monday night with a view to getting fitness amended before Weds league game, but surprise surprise nothing has happened. Just got an automated response saying my issue has been logged. So weds game was a 2nd string team.

Its now Friday and still no response or help received.

Don't ya just love the ticketing system. One of the GC benefits reads '[i']Support Tickets Answered First'[/i]. If and when they ever get round to reading my ticket and actually doing something about it, my players would have been rested for almost a week and I guess my 2nd or even 3rd team will have to play tomorrow's league game.

:rolleyes:

In my first match in charge of LA Galaxy in GC 139, we thrashed DC United 4-0 in the shield. With the squad in a bit of a state, it was a very mix and match first 11 so i'm really pleased with the win. We face Colorado Rapids in the next round :)

Not posted in this thread in a while and I know it's nothing to do with Gold Championships but figured that you guys would be the best people to pitch this to. I'm in an old but pretty competitive English Championship (EC 282).

Newcastle United have recently become available and have a very good team, notable players include;

Valdes, Malouda, Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Subotic, Hummels, Ramires, Ashley Young, Javi Martinez, Lukaku, Phil Jones, as well as many other 90+ players.

Would be a very big shame if this team went to waste!

Another team someone might be interested in are Leeds who are currently 3rd in Div.2;

Isla, Taiwo, Rakytskiy, Sam, Chedjou, Diaby, Maicon. In toal 7 x 89 rated and 3 x 88 rated players.

Hope this interests someone ;)

Just to make this post a tiny bit on topic, if anyone's in GC 82 and selling 90+ rated players give me a bell.

GC 129: Napoli 2-1 Feyenoord - Our European run comes to an end at the last 16 stage of the SMFA Shield as we lose 2-1 in the second leg and 4-3 on aggregate to a better Napoli side. A good run and last 16 is very good given that last year we lost in the first round (albeit to a much much more superior AC Milan).

Hi guys' date='

As you may know I have been with my Kettering side from day one in GC113 and have completed transfers with nearly ALL managers. However today the SMFA have decided to insult me and my team by reversing

both my deals with aston villa. The deals reversed were:

MATRI = NAGATOMO + CAROLE

LUIZ GUSTAVO = VUKOJEVIC + GOMIS

Both fair deals and imo SM are ruining this game. I have had it and will be resigning after I have vented my temper at the SMFA themselves.

I have enjoyed this GW and will especially miss the banter with the ARSENAL, CELTIC, VILLA, EVERTON, LYON, IPSWICH, CHELSEA and SPURS managers.

SM have ruined this game penalising fair players for no reason. At least this gives me the reason to quit my team and not renew my GM.

Good luck to all - you will need it in this game.

P.s - whoever takes them on then please do a good job with them. Took a lot of time to get to where they are now.

Regards Will[/quote']

Such a shame as i always enjoy reading your updates on your kettering team, wish they would have released a deal i did in gc55 where i lost hulk for gamiero and was meant to buy nagatomo after for cash they wouldnt allow it, which more or less messed up the team and my desire to stay with them. Think any deal with nagatomo is a curse :P

Sod it. I aint gonna let a jealous numpty ruin my team with stupidity and incompetence.

I am gonna take this as a challenge that certain muppets and the SMFA dont want to see this side succeed - BUT WE WILL. We just gonna have to make sure to watch out for prats who dont have a clue about the game.

As I work nights this game fits in neatly around me and my nippers so I am gonna continue in the face of adversity. Only have this team left ( out of 46

club slots lol ).

My revised team after the incompetence of those who shall remain nameless is:

GK RUFFIER 89

DR JONATHAN 88, WASS 85

DC BONUCCI 89, BRITOS 86

DC KJAER 90, KONE 82

DL TAIWO 89, ANGEL 88, BOILESEN 77

MR MARTIN 89, MUNIAIN 88, PIED 86, EBECILIO 83

MC WILSHERE 89, AROUCA 87

MC GUSTAVO 89, CHAVEZ 85, ROMEU 84

ML HONDA 89, SHAQIRI 86

ST CAVANI 89, PETERSEN 85

ST MATRI 89, BOJAN 88

AND about 40 decent youth prospects inc COULIBALY, OBI, TIAGO ALVES etc.

Gonna be looking for some depth now AGAIN.:(

GC 4: Pescara lose the Italian Shield Final 3-1 to Napoli :(

GC 8: Porto hammered CSKA 4-0 away to land a spot in the SMFA Champions League Final:D

GC 75: Wigan qualified for the SMFA Cup knockout stages with a 3-0 win at Rosario Central:)

GC43;

I wish they'd improve the schedule.. :rolleyes:

19th August - Spanish Cup semi-final against Almeria

20th - League game against Valencia

21st - SMFA Champions Cup semi-final 2nd leg against Barcelona

23rd - Spanish Cup final against Barcelona

24th - League game against Barcelona

Even worse is that I didn't even notice the Almeria game and so my first team got NMF, nearly all of them are still not fit enough to start so now my 2nd team is unfit as well

GC43;

I wish they'd improve the schedule.. :rolleyes:

19th August - Spanish Cup semi-final against Almeria

20th - League game against Valencia

21st - SMFA Champions Cup semi-final 2nd leg against Barcelona

23rd - Spanish Cup final against Barcelona

24th - League game against Barcelona

Even worse is that I didn't even notice the Almeria game and so my first team got NMF' date=' nearly all of them are still not fit enough to start so now my 2nd team is unfit as well[/quote']

yep, I already got a few times the schedule like that.. the worst is that it starts from two/three weeks before with games on Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday-Monday, etc.. don't see the point of friendly games at middle of the season and in the last week of the season, when we have a full schedule in the end.. would be preferable, use the 10 days after the end of the league, to have the semi finals and finals of these competitions.. than have friendlies that add nothing to our season..