Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Won both of my games tonight:

GC 139: Won my first league game in charge of LA Galaxy as we came from behind to beat FC Toronto 2-1, we are now up to 6th in the league.

GC 141: In my first game in charge of Velez Sarsfield, we beat Rosario Central 1-0 to go second in the league behind Banfield - Canteros with the all important goal.

Am I the only one who still really enjoys this game' date=' just as much as I always have? Still the best internet game going in my opinion, and I even prefer playing this to Football Manager. :)[/quote']

Although i'm relatively new to the forum, i have been playing SM since 2007 and apart from a one year break (due to GCSEs) i have never lost interest in the game. In fact joining the forum has made it a much more enjoyable experience for me. You can't complain about a game that's free, playable in your browser, and that offers so much in the way of features and player rating reviews.

Am I the only one who still really enjoys this game' date=' just as much as I always have? Still the best internet game going in my opinion, and I even prefer playing this to Football Manager. :)[/quote']
No your not. :)

Im not saying this to you guys who have recently mentioned the fact your losing interest' date=' but after being on here a long time ( far to long ), the amount of people iv seen post " losing interest " etc, yet are still high must be quadruple the amount of people iv seen say they are leaving and dont ..... and thats alot.[/quote']

No' date=' I still love it (after a brief hiatus at the start of the year from the game, only logging in to keep my team in EC106), definitely the best internet game I've played (or the one I've enjoyed most, anyway). Don't know if I prefer it over FM though, probably not, but I feel it's far easier to get bored with FM than SM. :)[/quote']

Hear hear. I'm in agreement that I still enjoy it a lot. It's the only game that I've played for this long (since summer '07) and it's come a long way in that time, from when you got locked out from 8pm til whenever the ME decided to process results, from when GCs were at set times and consequently the game always crashed when they were created and other things. Obviously the major improvements have dried up over time but you expect that once most of the basic things have been covered.

Anyway,

GC 7: Club Brugge 0-0 Genk - We were flat today and a 0-0 draw was a decent result stats-wise but on paper we should have beaten Genk. A win would have put us second, leapfrogging AZ ut as it is we stay third.

GC 129: Feyenoord 3-1 NAC Breda - A convincing (ish) win over Breda continues our good form and puts us level on points with Ajax and keeps us five behind PSV.

if some of u leave ray etc means more of people like me gettin a good club lol

sevilla gc14 continue there run at the top of the table

I never said I was leaving or that I was quitting all of my teams, just that I am getting more and more demoralised with the state of the game on a whole and bored with the majority of set-ups as they are completely stagnant

I love the game and couldnt bear to lose some of the squads Ive built up with time/effort etc and I just couldnt give up the types of my Napoli/Darlington etc.

there are still some great set-ups that I enjoy immensely such as 1,19,100 it was more a view on the overall state. There is no sense of community/banter anymore match report threads used to be buzzing etc but nowdays the only person who really write apart from me is the Stiffmeister, it is just sad when you think back to the chamaraderie, banter etc that used to be on here somewhere along the line this has all been lost :(

GC119; Hartlepool United.

The Pools have risen to the EPL (Division 1)! :D

Back to back to back titles in Divisions 4, 3 and 2 for The Monkey Hangers. The season only just ended, but I won promotion on game 28, and the title on game 30, so I played my second string to end the season and avoid injuries. Rondon and Sturridge had superb seasons in the divisions, with Rondon hitting over 25 goals and claiming the golden boot, and Sturrdige bagged over 15 goals as the 3rd highest scorer in the division.

I'd like to get two or three 89/90 rated players into the squad during pre-season, but the set-up is very hard to deal in.

It's not a dead set-up by any means, it's just difficult to deal in.

I never said I was leaving or that I was quitting all of my teams' date=' just that I am getting more and more demoralised with the state of the game on a whole and bored with the majority of set-ups as they are completely stagnant

I love the game and couldnt bear to lose some of the squads Ive built up with time/effort etc and I just couldnt give up the types of my Napoli/Darlington etc.

there are still some great set-ups that I enjoy immensely such as 1,19,100 it was more a view on the overall state. There is no sense of community/banter anymore match report threads used to be buzzing etc but nowdays the only person who really write apart from me is the Stiffmeister, it is just sad when you think back to the chamaraderie, banter etc that used to be on here somewhere along the line this has all been lost :([/quote']

Literally is just too many GCs + losing a few key figures that has killed it for me.

Still love GC7, always will, and really quite enjoy GC5, but apart from that I don't really use the game.

I don't know 90% of the forum anymore, and they don't know me. It's amazing really how bigger effect the forum has on the enjoyability of the game.

Tell you what else has ****** it as well, the player rating changes - changes. Absolutely killed this game they have. Go back 3 years and do them like they used to, that is when they were at their best and most enjoyable and addictive.

Never got round to tactics so wasn't expecting much from tonight's results, but happy enough with how things went.

GC46 Real Madrid - My side was unchanged from last nights Cup Final victory and unfit for tonight's game - They lost the last league game 1-0 to Racing Santander but were crowned Champions of Spain.

I would be happy to do this. :)

Hi, Tried just this GC 6. Tried for Porto, kindly posted by Kitey. However i was refused entry toGc 6 as i already have a team in it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is obviously not true , asi think i would know:p

Anybody else had this trouble???????????

It may explain why worlds are so empty:D:D:D

GC113 Kettering

Kettering getting more young-uns than a Scouse woman on benefits:D

After the revelations from Joseph Yobo about the current regime of Jaspal Thaliwal, it seems most talented youngsters are preferring to come to Kettering rather than join the chaos at Goodison Park.

Smalling, Jones and Ramsey have decided to hang around until at least the end of the season, due to fears that manager Jaspal Thaliwal would rather shoot them than sell them to their beloved Kettering.

However they have spread the word that Kettering is the place to be and it seems to be paying dividends for Kettering, as some of the worlds top prospects are declining a move to Everton in favour of a move to Nene Park.

Mexican sensation Carlos Fierro who starred at the World U-17 Championships is the latest to join the Kettering revolution after his agent laughed off a bid from Everton as derisory. He also added that had Everton bid £100m his client would still have joined Kettering ;-)

Fierro follows ROSS BARKLEY and EMANUEL FRIMPONG to Nene Park this week - both again turning down Thaliwal.

BARKLEY, who is an Everton fan said "It was a dream of mine to play for Everton but having heard of the chaos currently there from Phil (Jones)+ Chris (Ramsey), I decided that Kettering is the team for me. And having been here for a day I know I made the right decision. Atkins is a manager that players love to play for and he has got Kettering playing some really attractive football. I would recommend Kettering to ALL youngsters who want to make it in world football"

Reading some of the recent posts I do still enjoy this game aswell. It's mainly my Stevenage in GC16 that's keeping me here, as can't quit them after getting so far with them.

It's a shame the forum has gone so quiet but it's not the end of the world. One gripe I still have is the tickets to SM that they constantly seem to ignore.

Reading some of the recent posts I do still enjoy this game aswell. It's mainly my Stevenage in GC16 that's keeping me here' date=' as can't quit them after getting so far with them.

It's a shame the forum has gone so quiet but it's not the end of the world. One gripe I still have is the tickets to SM that they constantly seem to ignore.[/quote']

Have to agree with that,

SM Support said: 2011-08-09 12:11:44

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

A member of the development team has now been assigned this bug.

They will look into this report at the earliest opportunity and update this ticket accordingly.

16 days later, and no update [despite me asking where they were at on the 19th], 10 days after they said they'd look into it and update the ticket at the "earliest opportunity". B)

have just signed sixteen year old Andy Polo for my Beskitas team in GC 142 and my MK Dons team in GC 144. The Peruvian international was put on the DB a couple of days ago and has been heavily linked with Arsenal. Some sources say that he is in advanced talks with the Gunners.

Had just two games tonight..

GC 70, Aston Villa- After losing 2-0 at home in the 1st leg of SMFA Cup round 1 against Monchenglabach, in a night where I had two games :rolleyes:, managed to smash them by 4-0 to qualify for the Q/Fs where I will play Ajax..

GC 93, Liverpool- For the 3rd consecutive time reached the English Cup final. Had to beat Stoke to advance again to this stage. Beat them in the penalties by 6-5 and will try win for the first time.. Chelsea is the opponent.

A bit surprised with the games where I dropped points..

GC 70, Aston Villa- Lost 1-0 to Colchester..

GC 93, Liverpool- Hammered Birmingham City by 7-1 in the penultimate game of the season.. Nilmar scored an hat-trick!

GC 71, Lazio- Destroyed Sassuolo by 6-0 to reach the 4th place! Luiz Adriano was the only that scored more than one.

GC 66, Napoli- Smashed Treviso by 4-1 but it wasn't so easy as the result says. Was drawing by 1 at minute 60 and my substitions changed the game.. Specially with Quagliarella in the field as he netted a brace.

GC 23, Benfica- 2nd defeat in the recent days against Maritimo.. lost tonight by 2-1 and see Boavista reduce to 9 points the difference when we are at one game to reach the middle of the season..

GC 111, FCPorto- Easy win by 5-0 against Academica.. the only negative point was the injury of Kjaer in his debut. Next game travel to Lisbon to play the league closest rivals, Benfica.

GC 115, Chelsea- A lonely goal appointed by Falcao gave me three points in the opening game of the season.

GC 124, Bradford City- My team was 2 good for Oldham. Goals from Kuranyi and Sapunaru. In the next game I play Preston North End and if I win, I confirm the promotion to Div 2 with 8 games to go..

GC 131, Borussia Dortmund- Only got a disappointing draw at 3 against Eintracht.. They equalised at minute.. 85.

GC 85, Internazionale- In the opening game of the season had an hard task. Had to play Roma at the Olimpico, but had a positive mark, as I defeated them by 4-1! Hat trick from Aguero while Stankovic scored the last goal.

GC 103, Marseille- Beat Rennes by 3-1 and as Lille also won, still the same 4 pts separating us.

GC 60, Rennes- Comfortable win by 3-0 against Lorient to reach the 2nd place after 13 games.

An up and down night:

GC 139: LA Galaxy - We comfortably beat bottom side Philadelphia Union to move up to third in the table and two points behind first placed Colorado. Charlie Davies' sending off was the only negative.

GC 141: Velez Sarsfield - A very disappointing loss to San Lorenzo means we drop down to fourth.

Took over Blackpool in 148 about a week ago and got my first victory with the club, a surprise 3-1 victory over arsenal. Debutant Zoltan Stieber netted twice and winger Hugo Droguett got the other. Very happy with that hopefully more of the same against Everton on Wendesday.

GC76 - james mccarthy is for sale for cash if anyone is interested , italian international montilvo for p/e havent recived any offers yet though. After snapping up hazard for bent just had a bid of hamsik and llorente which has been rejected. you dont get two 81s everyday but hazard is to hqrd to replace.

GC 32: Arsenal have finally gotten rid of Nicklas Bendtner, and in exchange, Kwadwo Asamoah will make the move from Ipswich Town. Very happy with this deal, I dislike Bendtner and I like Asamoah very much. The Ipswich manager needs a foward so this deal is beneficial to both parties:).

GC 7: Ajax 3-3 Club Brugge - To draw against a more superior side on their turf is a fantastic result, that means we've scored four points against them this season which is about four more than I'd expect, and it means we have 43 points from 21 games, three ahead of fourth place Ajax and three behind AZ .

And in GC 129 we had a friendly yesterday which we won and another on Wednesday, because we only play 36 games instead of 38.

well the season in GC3 finished last week and after an AWFUL start Bayern somehow managed to consolidate 2nd place no thanks to the heroics of theo walcott.....

He absolutely tore division 1 to shreds, Can anyone beat this?

26 apps - 29 goals - 21 assists - 8 MOTM's

ohhh and in our friendly last night he got another three and 1 assist.

well the season in GC3 finished last week and after an AWFUL start Bayern somehow managed to consolidate 2nd place no thanks to the heroics of theo walcott.....

He absolutely tore division 1 to shreds' date=' Can anyone beat this?

[b']26 apps - 29 goals - 21 assists - 8 MOTM's

[/b]

Well, not in Div 1.. But Papiss Cisse had a great record for me, specially in season 2.. sad he left the club.. :/

cisseg.jpg

He absolutely tore division 1 to shreds' date=' Can anyone beat this?

[b']26 apps - 29 goals - 21 assists - 8 MOTM's

[/b]

App GS *** MoM AvP YC RC

43 (2) 35 23 10 7.86 8 0 my Y Konne in gc 133,div 1,CSKA,Dont know how to upload image but someone could check:)