Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Another night with mixed results.

GC153 Valencia - Drew 1-1 with Zaragoza, they are currently 5th in the league so this isn't a bad result by all means. And I still carry a 3 point lead over 4th, as we sit comfortably in 3rd place, behind the two giants. Next up is Betis, really hope we can strengthen our grip on 3rd with a win here. Good news is that Mathieu will be back to bolster the line-up.

GC156 Real Madrid - Lost 3-1 to Atletico, very disappointing, I now slip to 3rd behind Barca and Malaga. I tinkered with the formation, but tonight it hideously backfired. Diarra also got sent off so he'll miss the next game. Hoping to change things around now and go on a nice run, next up is Santander on Saturday.

GC158 Paris Saint-Germain - We got our second win in the league last night in a 5-1 demolition of Bordeaux, we are starting to hit some form which is what I was hoping for. Goals came from Gameiro x2, Doumbia, Nene and Sakho. Only negatives to come out of the game is that we'll miss Nene and Jallet to injury on saturday, where we have to play AS Nancy, which won't be easy.

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

GC98 - Sao Paulo

Muller is leaving with Dabo 88 (LB) + Menez 90 (Taking his place) + Cabaye 90 (Going in too the XI as well) coming my way. Happy with the deal as need depth here and Muller will hit 94 but have high hopes for them three being 91+ so all good.

My team is looking real nice now with Ibrahimovic + Eto'o up top hope for the Championship League next season.

Come join me in Brazil people take the fight too me for a real test.

GC38 - New York Red Bulls

My over power house (Who should have never been) is looking too sort some deals out for our TFB players. Names like Torres - Ibrahimovic - Gerrard + Buffon may all leave when off so get in touch.

GC153 - Shakthar

Gerrard + Carvaliho for sale the duo can leave 2-1 only so get bidding.

Will be interesting to hear some views on a predicament ive found myself in GC78.

Took over last July, and i can't recall signing on player due to one thing...debt. Currently in a hefty -£23.9m. I know right, not good. Both Denisov and Danny are costing just short of 88k per week on wages. Its a really nice team but feel its just too much debt to try and overturn.

So what would you do....

Will be interesting to hear some views on a predicament ive found myself in GC78.

Took over last July' date=' and i can't recall signing on player due to one thing...debt. Currently in a hefty -£23.9m. I know right, not good. Both Denisov and Danny are costing just short of 88k per week on wages. Its a really nice team but feel its just too much debt to try and overturn.

So what would you do....[/quote']

Pretty simple really....sell some players :o

You got a big squad sure there are some you could dispose of, whilst it might be nice to keep them, it wouldnt really be necessary to have them.

GC 70: Fenerbahce, Just taking this team 6 days ago. A nice challenge here :)

So far i have signed:

DOUMBIA,Tongo

FERNANDEZ, Matías

GIACCHERINI, Emanuele HAGGUI, Karim

RHODOLFO, Gaioto

AMBROSINI, Massimo

LETO, Sebastián

NAVARRO, Fernando

BALMONT, Florent

STROOTMAN, Kevin XANDAO, Reame

AZIZ, Serdar

GIROUD, Olivier

HOARAU, Guillaume

JONAS, Gonçalves

PAULINHO, Júnior

Total cash spend : €140,9M

GC98 - Sao Paulo

Muller is leaving with Dabo 88 (LB) + Menez 90 (Taking his place) + Cabaye 90 (Going in too the XI as well) coming my way. Happy with the deal as need depth here and Muller will hit 94 but have high hopes for them three being 91+ so all good.

My team is looking real nice now with Ibrahimovic + Eto'o up top hope for the Championship League next season.

Come join me in Brazil people take the fight too me for a real test.

GC38 - New York Red Bulls

My over power house (Who should have never been) is looking too sort some deals out for our TFB players. Names like Torres - Ibrahimovic - Gerrard + Buffon may all leave when off so get in touch.

GC153 - Shakthar

Gerrard + Carvaliho for sale the duo can leave 2-1 only so get bidding.

153- I'm not interested in those two but if we could do a deal for Llorente that would be lovely.

153- I'm not interested in those two but if we could do a deal for Llorente that would be lovely.

how do I say he is not for sale in Spanish (Yes I do know just taking the mick) he will not be sold any time soon.

Seems Gerrard will head back too Liverpool get bidding people.

Frei 88 - Willing too swap for a young 84+ in 153 get in tocuh

Pretty simple really....sell some players :o

You got a big squad sure there are some you could dispose of' date=' whilst it might be nice to keep them, it wouldnt really be necessary to have them.[/quote']

Sounds easy but what puts me off is the fact that id have to sell 7/8 pretty pish poor players to make up the cash, and would probably end up in the same problem again in 12 weeks time. Could easily get rid of Julio Sergio as i have ter Stegan as a more than capable replacement, but beyond that would probably struggle to get rid of some.

GC106: Topsy turvy week at Real Madrid. After handing in a transfer request last Thursday, Goran Pandev left the club for a good fee of £27m to Marseille on Tuesday. Spent some of the money and managed to sign Junior Paulinho for £10m. Cheekylad speaks very highly about him, so hopefully that investment works out. Also brought in Maarten Martens for £7m. And then tonight i go and get knocked out of the SMFA on aggregate by Ajax....meanwhile im 14 points clear of Jordan Tze's Barcelona... oh the joys of managing Real Madrid. :D

Sounds easy but what puts me off is the fact that id have to sell 7/8 pretty pish poor players to make up the cash' date=' and would probably end up in the same problem again in 12 weeks time. Could easily get rid of Julio Sergio as i have ter Stegan as a more than capable replacement, but beyond that would probably struggle to get rid of some.

[b']GC106:[/b] Topsy turvy week at Real Madrid. After handing in a transfer request last Thursday, Goran Pandev left the club for a good fee of £27m to Marseille on Tuesday. Spent some of the money and managed to sign Junior Paulinho for £10m. Cheekylad speaks very highly about him, so hopefully that investment works out. Also brought in Maarten Martens for £7m. And then tonight i go and get knocked out of the SMFA on aggregate by Ajax....meanwhile im 14 points clear of Jordan Tze's Barcelona... oh the joys of managing Real Madrid. :D

Saw my name here. Hey yo! nice transfer you doing man. Can't seems to beat you this season. But beware of Barcelona! :D Cheers

GC 139: Santos have completed the signing of Brazilian under 20's midfielder Lucas Fernando for a paltry fee of £4,700,000, from unmanaged Sampdoria.

Santos also announce that Porto have attained the services of marquee player Silva Neymar in-exchange for Emboaba Oscar and Pereira Maicon. A spokesperson from the Vila Belmiro told of their delight about the deal "bringing in Oscar and Maicon will more than fill the void left by Neymar".

340656_Santos_FC.jpg

*Didac will be sold due to being a non-Brazilian

Looking to do deals across all my GC sides. The following GC's in particular...

GC1 - Crvena Zvezda

GC3 - Sporting CP

GC14 - Feyenoord

GC16 - Rapid Wien

GC73 - Watford

GC96 - Wrexham

GC98 - Roma

GC100 - Stuttgart

GC101 - Sevilla (Really want a top forward - loads I can give in exchange)

GC106 - Aberdeen

GC107 - Monterrey (Looking for a left footed Winger in partic.)

GC110 - Galatasaray

GC31- Lazio agree a deal to sign Yaya Toure from Boca Juniors for Adil Rami & Lucas Leiva. Big price but the squad can handle it and i like Toure.

1st eleven is now like this' date=' quite different to what it was when i took over

[center']340678_S_S__Lazio.jpg[/center]

nothing new:mad::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

u made some great teams/but i hate yours need when u get good squad that u most swap all players or most of them.........u made decent Zenit in 89:rolleyes:

Probably wasnt there long enough to make a good team :P as for swapping and doing deals, it's what keeps the game fresh, If i can do a deal which i feel is better for the team moving forward i do it, much like when you feel you can't do any good at a club you quit and head over to another one and pick up easy honours, it's a game and everybody plays it their own way.

Probably wasnt there long enough to make a good team :P as for swapping and doing deals' date=' it's what keeps the game fresh, If i can do a deal which i feel is better for the team moving forward i do it, much like when you feel you can't do any good at a club you quit and head over to another one and pick up easy honours, it's a game and everybody plays it their own way.[/quote']

good point agree,although there is no such thing as easy honour except when u get RM,MU,CHS,ARS,BARC in final,or that those club won league,but that is almost impossible

GC 153 Athletic Club: Draw against Real Sociedad, not the result I was hoping for.. But given how close I was losing I'm pretty satisfied (De Marcos 88th min 3-3)

Real Madrid away next league game, but first I've got a shield cup game on Monday vs Racing Club.

GC 154 Schalke 04: Win against Freiburg 2-0, Raul back from injury and scored right away and was awarded with MoM. Matip the other goal scorer tonight.

GC 155 Bayern Munchen: Draw against Hamburger.. really need to win these kinds of games If I'am to catch up with the top..

GC 157 Manchester City: Won against Stoke 4-0. still 2nd in the league, behind Chelsea who I play next league game.

But first up is Libertad in champ. league.

GC 158 Valencia: Lost against Real Madrid, no surprise here I guess even if it was a close one according to the stats..

GC 159 Arsenal: Draw against Liverpool in the league, fair result and a tough one just as I predicted.

GC61 - Arsenal

Sold Arnold Mvuemba to Bayern Munich for £12m and then successfully managed to sign Benoit Costil and Bakary Kone for a combined £14.5m. Then go and top it off by beating top of the table Lincoln tonight thanks to two goals from $amir Nasri.

GC106 - Real Madrid

Lost 2-0 to Cadiz CF. Seems to of had an impact on my squad too with Subotic, Ronaldo and Higuain all making themselves unavailable with "concussion" and "dead legs"

Had a mixture of results in other setups though.

GC109 Getafe 0-1 Real Madrid

Single goal from Ronaldo which puts us top of the league ahead of Marshallsays Barca. Good standard league this, Barca lost there first league game tonight after 21 games but still find themselves behind us.

GC130 Milan 4-1 Siena

After beating Bari 4-1 on Wednesday Siena suffer the same fate tonight. Goals from Angel, Van Bommel, Hulk & Balotelli secure the 3 points. Stay in 9th position however after totally transforming the squad and tinkering with formations starting to feel at ease with the squad and performances.

GC87 Arsenal 0-0 Spurs

Stalemate which keeps our unbeaten run going at the start of the season, sitting pretty in 3rd.

GC125 Vannes 1-0 Lille

Bad bad result which sees us slip to 4th in the table. Upto 5 games ago was top of the league with a 4 point cushion, poor form drops us 3 points behind with 3 games remaning.

GC134 Bayer Leverkusen 0-0 Werder Bremen

Stalemate which sees us drop from top of the league 2 points behind St Pauli.