Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Ah thanks mate:) made an offer for Breno :).

Anyone else willing to loan me a CF or another CB ? :o

I have Andre Dias, never use him, but I'm looking to sell soon. If you want someone long term Maicon is in my youth squad (rated 85). Would loan you Cavani as I never use him, but only have 3 strikers with Mbokani loaned out.

Ah thanks mate:) made an offer for Breno :).

Anyone else willing to loan me a CF or another CB ? :o

Got an 87 rtd Argentine CB that ive had a bid accepted on should go through tonight providing nobody takes em over LOL

If you want you can have str8 on loan till end of season bought him as an investment Reckon I can double my money on him anyhow LOL :P

After seeing you guys big up gc19 i decided to get myself in there:):P

i am now reading :D can any body help me with loans or cash sales ?

:)

Nice of you to join us in divison 2 mate :) you will be competing with me (Leicster) and Adam (Bournmouth) so GL and i hope you stick with them :)

Got an 87 rtd Argentine CB that ive had a bid accepted on should go through tonight providing nobody takes em over LOL

If you want you can have str8 on loan till end of season bought him as an investment Reckon I can double my money on him anyhow LOL :P

Yeh cheers mate :) helps alot :D

Just for that i shall make a report tomorow depending on my result :) just for you ;) lmao :P

Didn't you get Valencia on offer as well (maybe wrong... think I remeber a post)

Bingo

Thats it' date=' Valencia, Inter all sound the same to me :P

newheader.jpg

Breaking News

Morecambe chairman Peter McGuigan has given Valencia permission to talk to manager Colin Barker

More news to follow

Morecambe manager Colin Barker stuns the footballing world by turning down the chance to manage Valencia

Here what he told reporters

It was a honour to be offered a job at such a great club ( a team with 17 player rated 90 or over) but my heart is here at Morecambe and it is my aim to get this team from league 4 into league 1

Just doing a bit of scouting now everytime I find a riser or a player and think I have got free reign I see AFC Bournemouth in the interested section..dammit! ;)

..Bournemouth could be world beaters with the size of your squad and risers! LOL:p

Still cant believe i got Santon for only 7.3m in this setup with all the scouts in it aint complaining though! ;)

I can never se myself having a amazing squad lol !

Im struggling atm to recognise who has the potential to go 85+ in my team lol.

Yeah iv added alot of players to SL, might start to get some of them in now lol.

Yeah that Santon deal was great pal, not that i would ever be able to aford that

Won the French cup with Lyon beating Monaco 3-2.

Ends a somewhat dissapointing season on a note after loosing narrowly in the shield and losing the title on the last day of the season :)

New signing Gomez played a blinder getting a 9!:D

It was a bit hash honestly' date=' but I won't even care to mention that, I need to ask when I hear about somethig and cannot find much about it on the forums or the game, and thanks for the answer, as I wasn't going to ask further after I knew the answer, so you didn't have to write that last part....

Thanks Adam for sticking up for me, this is what keeps new guys around...

Thanks again people... :o[/quote']

Again. Sorry if it was harsh. I didn't think it was. :o

GC29: Fiorentina lose 3-2 in the Italian SHield Final to Mark Wallis' Milan. Won the league this season and I am pretty happy with the season on the whole. Gamberini and Gilardino available.

Guest Toggs

Back on track.

GC16 - CSKA secured League & Cup double tonight in my first season in charge, beating Wisla Krakow 1-0 in the final of the Russian & Urkranian Cup.

Also, Edin Dezko will arrive in GC16. Alexi Beretzutsky & Filip Holosko going too Lazio SS.

GC20 - All of Luis Perea, Matteo Pernia & Seydou Keita should arrive in the next few days @ Real Madrid.

GC29: Fiorentina lose 3-2 in the Italian SHield Final to Mark Wallis' Milan. Won the league this season and I am pretty happy with the season on the whole. Gamberini and Gilardino available.

Yeah unlucky mate , u probably had the best of the game but hey id

take another honour , very pleased considering your league champions ;)

Won the Spanish Cup in GC29 with Real Betis last night, denying Munt's Real a Quad of trophies. Considering that Real also finished Runners up in the Charity Shield, I have to say that is the closest to the "Quintruple" that I have ever seen in person! Unlucky mate, but then again a great season! :)

Not so much as a observation about the gold champs but gold members, noticed yesterday there was 8,801 and gold members and now there are 8,791 so have lost 10 in 24 hours, obivously not bothered renewing. I still got over 340 days left on mine and would probably renew, unless my little lad gives me enough to time to start playing football manager again :D

Ajax win GC19 Dutch Shield, beating De Grafschaap 4-1 on pens.

Atletico beat Celtic 2-0 (GC62) in first SMFA Cup game. A little gutted though, as I swapped Forlan to Chelsea in return for Anelka and Pizzaro, Anelka out for 8 weeks with a dislocated shoulder, what an investment..... :(

Last night Celtic completed a league and cup double beating Inverness in the final 3-2. It was Golden's 5th honour with the club.

The game was tight with few chances until Imrie netted a shock 12th minute goal after some tidy foot work for Inverness. After that the game opened up a lot and Celtic piled on the pressure. It finally paid off in the 25th minute when Luis Fernandinho poked home in a goal mouth scramble. Both teams had their chances in the remainder of the first half. But no one capatalised.

3 minutes into the second half Barrowman finished off a fantastic move from Inverness and gave them a clear chance of actually winning the trophy despite being the clear underdogs to Celtic. But Inverness could not hold the lead when in the 62 minute a long kick from Boruc was controlled by a superb first time volley from attacking midfielder Fernandinho which flew straight into the top corner, sending the supporters mad. Clemente Luis Fabiano hit the crossbar in the 75th minute with an ace turn and shot. But then in the 81st minute another long ball this time from Mcmanus is drilled low and hard into the back of the net by none other than Jan Vennegor of Hesselink.

The Dutch forward's goal proved to be the deciding goal in the final with Celtic completing a sensational league and cup double beating their arch-rivals Rangers to the league by 21 points and beating them in the semi finals of the cup. "It was a success of a season and I hope to do the same if not better next season", Golden said after the game.

GC19 - Manchester United finally get their act together and win something following finishing the previous season with nothing but a charity cup. A 4-3 win against Tottenham in English Shield final with a goal on the 89th minute avoiding penalties!

Link to match report

Through to the knockout stages in SMFA Cup, hoping to avoid the Italians!

Cup 2nd round about to begin, while United are 4 points clear at the top with 19 games gone.

GC50 - Lazio still stuggling without key players but Mata and Diarra are back to try and get inconsistent season back on track.

GC59 - Milan stay top of league despite recent blip after catania ended 19 game unbeaten run. Through to the 3rd round of SMFA Shield with a Italian Shield Semi-final against Roma coming up!