Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I gave Alonso' date=' van Persie and Mata for Ronaldo not too long ago, and don't regret the deal in the slightest. But it took a while to find a manager who wanted these for players for him...[/quote']

I would literally snap your hand off for that deal, Iv overpaid for loads of players and dont regret it, I tend to do that when I really want a player and have the squad / depth to be able to over pay a little so I understand why you would pay that ( Guessing this was in Gc44 ? Your Dortmund side ? ).

Mean while, GC14, Stuttgart sign Yaya Toure (93) for Khedira (91) + 14 million. To complete the deal ill sell Liverpool Marin (90) for cash !

I would literally snap your hand off for that deal' date=' Iv overpaid for loads of players and dont regret it, I tend to do that when I really want a player and have the squad / depth to be able to over pay a little so I understand why you would pay that ( Guessing this was in Gc44 ? Your Dortmund side ? ).

Mean while, GC14, Stuttgart sign Yaya Toure (93) for Khedira (91) + 14 million. To complete the deal ill sell Liverpool Marin (90) for cash ![/quote']

Well, IF you have the depth for it and it wont hurt your team ... then I've never seen a problem in overpaying for a player you really want

:P

I can imagine Marin being worth somewhere in the region of ... 9-12 million ... wich means really that you gae Khedira+Marin+2 Million for Toure ... great deal !

Well' date=' IF you have the depth for it and it wont hurt your team ... then I've never seen a problem in overpaying for a player you really want

I can imagine Marin being worth somewhere in the region of ... 9-12 million ... wich means really that you gae Khedira+Marin+2 Million for Toure ... great deal ! [/center']

I agree completely mate. If im in a position where over paying wont hurt me, I will do it (unless it truly outrageous).

I cant remember what i originally offered him but the Liverpool manager countered Khedira and Marin. I couldnt accept as my chairman valued him at 20 million when offering him out, so we broke the deal up. He is probably worth less, but like you say its a great deal which im delighted with !!

I echo the sentiments of Will below.

To get my deals' date=' I had to contact numerous managers to get the right kind of deal.

Its trial and error. And what you tend to find is that once you do one or two deals with them. Then it becomes easier to deal in future because you have built up that rapport that makes it easier to get future deals done.

Majority of deals i do on here are now usually with managers i have had numerous deals with. And I get a fair few deals done weekly.[/quote']

yea,i agreed few deals with u,then SMFA started to interfere and i lost nerves,when u finally agree something SMFA interfere,or Chairman or people report etc....:mad:

Sorry for being so clueless but I'm new to all this. Its ok to buy from unmanaged in Gold CHampionship right? Just don't want anyone getting angry at me ;).

Yes ofcourse mate ! Snap up anyone you can get

Sorry for being so clueless but I'm new to all this. Its ok to buy from unmanaged in Gold CHampionship right? Just don't want anyone getting angry at me ;).

well loosers will be angry but who cares,its easiest way to get decent players,and no one will report u,so transfers wont be reversed,just grab what u can.....:)

GC103 Celtic - Managed to pick these up about a week ago with a good squad, wanted to put my own stamp on the team so have been doing alot of deals. Very happy with the look of the squad and very much looking forward to the rest of the season.

OUT

McGeady

Ljajic

Gustavo

KP Boateng

Gyan

Nilmar

Trasch

Silva

BigliaIN

Van Der Wiel

Musacchio

Leitner

G.Rossi

Motta

Mikhitryan

Erik Torres

Eriksen

There is only one manager in Division 4 though.

You will basically face the same competitive challenge in making a good squad since all those other managers will be competing against ya!

Also, theirs 12 or so games left until seasons end, so some of those teams will be joining you in div 4 next season since mk dons are 14th with little chance of going up.

You will basically face the same competitive challenge in making a good squad since all those other managers will be competing against ya!

Also' date=' theirs 12 or so games left until seasons end, so some of those teams will be joining you in div 4 next season since mk dons are 14th with little chance of going up.[/quote']

Alright then mate, I'll take the Dons, and look forward to the challenge.

EDIT - Actually, might go with a Div 5 team... I will think about it over lunch

GC 44 - Rangers I've managed to agree three deals.

First deal: Moussa Sissoko for Bernd Leno & Erick Torres.

Second deal: Romelu Lukaku for Isaac Cuenca & Isimat Mirin.

Both these deals see the players leaving return on loan for the rest of the season and next season.

Pleasure dealing with Phil and his Dortmund. Very quick and easy.

Third deal: Bonuccu, Chedjou & Adrian for Phil Jones & £8m

Absolutely fine to pay this price as Jones can hit massive heights at Man Utd.

Wigan complete a clean sweep of all the best unmanageds in GC2:

Guillherme Siqueira has made 30 starts for Granada. 25 - 85

Silvio Proto is Anderlecht's first team keeper and now mine too. 28 - 86

Joo-Ho Park has made the transition to Europe with sucess and is well established in the Basel team. 25 - 85.

Billy Sharp and Ched Evans have been free scoring in the Championship and League 1.

GRANIT XHAKA has arrived as the new captain. Great little player who is rumoured to be off to Monchengladbach next season. 19 - 86

and a few more between 82 and 87 :D

GC59: On Thursday night I managed to win my first ever SMFA Super Cup with Nacional da Madeira beating Barcelona 3-0 thanks to goals scored by Götze, Pinilla and Oscar.

I became manager of the team in June 2009 and it was a huge struggle competing in the Portuguese league with a stadium of 5,000 maximum capacity against giants such as Benfica, Porto or Sporting.

Unfortunately, the chairman never increases the stadium capacity which means around 150k gate receipts per home game is the maximum the team will ever receive (plus any additional income which is not that much more). Needless to say the weekly balance is thus always very negative given a much larger wage bill.

Therefore, it has been a constant struggle to balance the budget for almost three years, trying to keep out of the red and yet remain competitive as a team.

So I am extremely pleased that these "Portuguese minnows" allowed me to obtain the last major title in GC (besides Playoffs Champion) that I was still missing :)

GC59: On Thursday night I managed to win my first ever SMFA Super Cup with Nacional da Madeira beating Barcelona 3-0 thanks to goals scored by Götze' date=' Pinilla and Oscar.

I became manager of the team in June 2009 and it was a huge struggle competing in the Portuguese league with a stadium of 5,000 maximum capacity against giants such as Benfica, Porto or Sporting.

Unfortunately, the chairman never increases the stadium capacity which means around 150k gate receipts per home game is the maximum the team will ever receive (plus any additional income which is not that much more). Needless to say the weekly balance is thus always very negative given a much larger wage bill.

Therefore, it has been a constant struggle to balance the budget for almost three years, trying to keep out of the red and yet remain competitive as a team.

So I am extremely pleased that these "Portuguese minnows" allowed me to obtain the last major title in GC (besides Playoffs Champion) that I was still missing :)[/quote']

Wow, massive congratulations to you. :)