Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

A little update on my Rapid Wien in Gc16.

Just hit the 200 game mark with them and am really pleased with how the team is coming on. Especially keen on them as they are 'rarity' - not too many decent rapid's around!

GC16 is quite difficult to get deals done with managed sides so most of the squad has been acquired when the odd talent has cropped up at unmanaged sides.

This week added Michael Carrick (Etienne Capoue+Penial Mlapa) to the ranks as well as Francisco Fernando (£30m) to give me a really solid looking CM partnership.

Very short on striking options if Soldado were to get injured so will be looking to bring in a solid reserve forward.

RAPID.jpg

Just had a conversation with Kari over this' date=' if the Barca manager stays on, no problem with deals, if he quits they will all be reversed.

Chances are he will realise cash is useless and will quit.

Another slightly related topic, Man City manager in GC 66 sold all the best players for terrible, terrible deals, Ray gave a good deal to him to be far but the rest were bad, City boss quit earlier.

City boss in GC 136 is also selling players for cash. Nothing wrong I guess if he stays around.[/quote']

agree,with yours views............:D

GC 156:

After discovering somewhat of an injury disaster at Dortmund' date=' manage to get some cover in the form of Lass Diarra and N'Koulou.

Big props to Ben and Will respectively. Thanks guys![/quote']

No problem mate, after seeing your next two games were Bremen and Munich I had to help you. Those games could make or break your season. :P

No problem mate' date=' after seeing your next two games were Bremen and Munich I had to help you. Those games could make or break your season. :P[/quote']

yeah to put it lightly :P Been on top all season so don't want to throw it away, need to get over this dip in form too

GC 75- The Journey is complete

Lyon win the Champions League

Having taken this side from the start of this GC, it has proven to be one of my most successful sides ever with 15 domestic trophies won from six seasons in charge the one thing missing to complete the job was conquering Europe.

All efforts focused on Europe and even more so when we failed to win the domestic title for the first time since the gameworld began beaten into second place by an awesome season from Bordeaux.

A tough group was negotiated before knockout wins over Liverpool, AC Milan and Internazionale set up a final with Barcelona.

72,500 people turned up at the San Paolo arena for what promised to be a thrilling game and they were not left dissapointed.

Lyon having studied the Barca line-up changed from there usual 3-5-2 to a 4-2-3-1 hoping to flood midfield and gain control whilst leaving no gaps at the back. It started in the best possible fashion as Lyon sprung out the blocks and were 1-0 up within ten minutes through Cavani. barcelona frustrations boiled over and Pedro was sent for an early bath after only 11 minutes.

This proved to be the pivotal point of the match as Lyon overpowered barcelona from then on and goals from Cissokho, Moutinho and M'Vila rounded off a fine display, a solo Lionel Messi strike was all Barcelona coul;d muster and Lyon ran out 4-1 winners.

Rounds off another highly successful campaign as both the Domestic Cups, Charity Shield and now the Champions League is added to the trophy cabinet, and brings my personal tally of SMFA Champions Cup wins to a highly respectable 14 victories.

Four other trophies added between finals at the start of the week and Internacional in GC 5 again fending off the might of Sao Paulo, Independiente and Boca Juniors to lift the title which will be confirmed tonight.

Finally did it after two months of thinking I've quit every club on my 1st GM.

Lost some quality sides:

GC42 Man United

Xavi, Iniesta, Vidic, D.Alves, Pique, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Silva, Gomez, Valdes, Evra, Giggs, Fletcher, Toulalan, Llorente, B.Alves, Scholes, Hernandez (Rafael, Fabio, Gonalons, Evans, Coutinho)

GC46 Real Madrid

Casillas, Sneijder, Fabregas, Higuain, Robben, Ramos, Gomez, Pepe, Marcelo, Juan, Coentrao, Gonzalez, Johnson, Tymoschuk, Scholes, Young, Hernandez, Flamini, M'Bia, P.Hernandez (Garcia, Asamoah, Defour, Demebele)

GC61 Barcelona

Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Ramos, Kaka, Carvalho, Ferdinand, Pedro, Robinho, Valdes, Evra, De Jong, Vucinic, Vermaelen, Gourcuff, Anyukov, Scholes, Balzaretti, Pandev, Valbuena, Doumbia (L.Bender, Bocchetti, Musacchio, Botia, Thiago, Yarmolenko)

GC73 Benfica

Villa, Lloris, Giroud, Balotelli, Coentrao, KP.Boateng, Howedes, Luiz, Gervinho, Pereira, Schmelzer (Fernando, Capel, Ganso, Sandro, Garcia, Amorebieta, Otamendi, Gabi, Costa, Yarmolenko, Barreto, N'Koulou)

I'd love to get Benfica and United back (As well as Barcelona/Real tbh) but I don't see it happening. Good luck to whoever gets them.

96WREXHAM-1.jpg

Wrexham 1 - 0 Arsenal

A decent win over Arsenal thanks to a Nilmar strike puts Wrexham top of Division 1 after 14 games as we seek to defend our title.

Looking for a left-back in this GC and will be generous in my offer so please get in touch if you have one (GC96)

GC153 Valencia - We finish the season thumping Preppen's Bilbao 3-0 goals came from Falcao, Jonas and Tino Costa. In the end we were only 1 point off Madrid, but I'll settle for 2nd with the squad we have at this minute. Looking forward to the league next season, if we have a better start there's no reason why we can't sneak it next season.

Gc 76 Birmingham - Clinched third spot after an uneasy 1-0 victory at Leeds. Can't say this season wasn't enjoyable to say the least. The club went to another level in terms of transfers and trophies. Next season will start off with a banger of a transfer. Lets see what the future has in store.

GC113 Kettering

An extremely satisfying night saw Kettering beat Sunderland 2-1 at Home:eek: whilst Chelsea destroyed Liverpool 4-1 and Blackburn also suffered a shock 3-1 reverse at Burnley.

(6 games to go)

Kettering 68

Liverpool 64

Man City 63

Blackburn 62

------------

Arsenal 59

Spurs 58

Everton 58

Chelsea 57

Could the 5 titles in a row really happen?

GC 157

Newcastle vs City 2-3

Decided to give some key players a rest tonight happy it worked out well.

Hopefully this win ended my slight dip of form lately as Chelsea is a mean winning machine. Can't allow the gap to grow wider now.

GC 157

Newcastle vs City 2-3

Decided to give some key players a rest tonight happy it worked out well.

Hopefully this win ended my slight dip of form lately as Chelsea is a mean winning machine. Can't allow the gap to grow wider now.

Been a good season and the changes have been kind to me with Bale, Munain, and others rising, 5 points the gap now hopefully keep it going :D

GC61 Barcelona

Xavi' date=' Iniesta, Pique, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Ramos, Kaka, Carvalho, Ferdinand, Pedro, Robinho, Valdes, Evra, De Jong, Vucinic, Vermaelen, Gourcuff, Anyukov, Scholes, Balzaretti, Pandev, Valbuena, Doumbia (L.Bender, Bocchetti, Musacchio, Botia, Thiago, Yarmolenko)[/quote']

The Fiorentina manager has been offered the job.

GC61: Arsenal manage to hold Steve's Liverpool to a 0-0 draw at the Emirates. Would of preferred three points but considering the mess i found myself in its better than i expected. Remain level on points with Liverpool, with only 4 games remaining.

GC 96 - Aston Villa - An overdue slip-up occurred last night as we managed to draw 3-3 with an unmanaged Birmingham City side. Milner grabbed two goals and one again Forlan also found a way onto the scoresheet. I great signing he has been.

Despite the draw we still manage to move up the table one place but now find ourselves eight points from European Football. Still a long way to go though.

Next up is a must win game against 3rd from bottom West Brom, will should bounce back and pick up a victory here.

GC 140- Milan - Another convincing victory see us keep a clean sheet and put three past Bari. Legend Thierry Henry kicked off the scoring followed by two more goals from both McGeady and Seedorf.

This win moves us closer to our target for the end of the season of achieving a SMFA Champions Cup place and leaves us just one point away for doing so. With ten games left, it can easily be done.

A win in our next fixture against Cagliari will give us a larger cushion from 5th to 7th. Ronaldinho should be fit for that match and if so, he will definately start and could prove the difference between the two sides.

GC 55 - Milton Keynes Dons - Second game in charge and we managed to pick up a fantastic victory over Hagrid's Lincoln. As like the previous match, both Sam Baldock and David McGoldrick were on the scoresheet, Baldock with the brace. This gave us a great 3-1 victory over the Imps and pushes our late promotion campaign in the right direction. With ten games left we are only five points of a promotion place and are currently sitting in 13th. It is a late surge, but one that could see us triumphant.

We next play Carlisle, who are in second place but are unmanaged. We should manage to pick up a victory there however star midfielder Darren Potter will miss that match through suspension, Mathias Doumbé will return though.

GC5 - Shakhtar Complete League & Cup Double

Marked my 50th game at the Donbass Arena with a 3-0 victory against Chornomorets to secure the Eastern European League title. We also lifted the Russian & Ukranian Cup on Tuesday night with a 2-0 win against Amkar to complete an efficient first season to my tenure at the club.

St-Etienne-ASSE.jpg

A.S.S.E Clinches Vital Point !

Christian Bishop ( Forum ) earned a draw with AS Saint-Etienne against fierce rivals Marseille.

The match ended 0 - 0 between AS Saint-Etienne and Marseille in their Division 1 fixture.

assedrawmars.jpg

- Twas ... in all honesty ... a completely DREADFUL performance by my lads!

Loïc Remy was Red-Carded in the 33rd minute, and still we did not manage to score!

Gelson Fernandes had a 5 rating after the game .. a 5 rating ... only player on either side that had a worse rating were said red-carded player Remy ...

I must say tho that I'm fairly pleased with the fact we won the possesion and shots on target!

But I feel like it was pure luck that got us a point in this game .. A VERY IMPORTANT point !

Means that I'm still 2 points above Marseille on 3rd.

But, this also means that Sochaux and Lille - who both won their respective games - is running away from the rest of us, wich cannot be allowed to happen!

Next game is against 14th placed Auxerre ... a win there is absolutely necessary if I shall have any chance at winning the title this season!

assedrawmarsratings.jpg

assedrawmarstable.jpg

Also, a big thank you to the Barcelona manager ashtini for selling me Dongou, and Udinese manager Challenge for selling me Domizzi

:)

Haven't been as active as I wished in the transfer market.. but have done a couple of deals in GC 93..

First snapped Rodrigo and Mavuba from an unmanaged Lazio for a combined fee of 16,5millions. Later bought Modric from Spurs for Jesus Navas, Montolivo and 15 millions and finally got Ivanovic from Chelsea for Rafinha and Gervinho.. right now my first and second teams are..

384604_Liverpool.jpg

384607_Liverpool.jpg

Also have players like G. Cahill, Rannochia, V. Ruiz, Guarin, Ilicic, Mavuba, Sturridge and Nilmar.

Just quit Napoli in GC109 as the seasons came to an end. Leaving me with just three teams left, two others will be going when their seasons finish.

I was in charge for 206 games overall. Also the manager of England, so they will be free too. Managed to get a few honours since I took over. Won the Italian Cup twice, Shield once, came runners-up in the charity shield twice and also came runners-up in the league in season 3. Also managed to get to two World Cup Finals but lost them both.

Hope someone decent gets them and does a decent job as they have a good squad with the likes of Bale, Lavezzi, Cabaye, KPB, David Luiz, Van der Wiel, Agger and quite a few more, along with some young talents. So whoever gets them do a good job! :D